Taking vitamins to complete your diet

About specific vitamines, minerals or fiber, for example
Tulip
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Taking vitamins to complete your diet

Post by Tulip »

I am thinking about taking liquid vitamins. I would divide the serving and take only what I was missing, approximately.

All of the liquid supplements I found contained medicinal herbs. Some of them contained hesperidin or alfalfa leaf extract which are said to block cholesterol absorption. Are those fine to take in small amounts or should I avoid them altogether?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Are you unable to eat more food for vitamins?

If i remember correctly, the problem with vitaman suppliments is that they are not uptaken into the body correctly. Food has other compounds which help with this uptake of the vitamin into the body efficiently.

This is only what i read (on a website somewhere).
Negativity is the cult of the weak
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Unable, that's correct.

Something which isn't efficiently taken up may be better than nothing, though. Mixing tiny portions into food might be best, I think. Or just sprinkling it on my soil :o
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Why not just get all your vitamins from the foods you eat and not using synthetic vitamins?
avo

Post by avo »

Don't take supplements. Even if you are taking it because one or more nutrients are lacking in your diet, that means there are many nutrients that you might be getting too much of. Your body knows what it is doing, all you have to do is treat it right and give it the right fuel (real foods!).
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Why not just get all your vitamins from the foods you eat and not using synthetic vitamins?
This question was answered already.
Don't take supplements. Even if you are taking it because one or more nutrients are lacking in your diet, that means there are many nutrients that you might be getting too much of. Your body knows what it is doing, all you have to do is treat it right and give it the right fuel (real foods!).
I agree. That is why I wouldn't supplement vitamin A for example, because I almost get too much from papaya and mangos.
avo

Post by avo »

Just curious, which nutrients do you think you are lacking?
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

According to the nutrients calculator, I am lacking calcium (below the 400mg maximally absorbed), phosphorous, iron, B1, B2, B3, B5, D and zinc. There was no missing data in these particular listings.
avo

Post by avo »

Don't worry about the calcium, phosphorous, iron and zinc figures. RRM or Oscar can explain why.

While I don't know what you are eating exactly, seems like you simply need more B-vitamins and vitamin D. I'd suggest adding a few additional egg yolks everyday, along with small variety of fruits such as apricots, plums, peaches, etc.

Take a look at the information regarding which fruits have high amounts of those vitamins and go from there. Additionally, look up what has good amounts of zinc, iron, etc and start including those foods in your diet several times per week.

So what does a normal day consist of for you, food-wise?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Please give us a complete list of foods (of your version of the diet) for one whole day.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

[Item-1] 32g (grams) of Almonds
[Item-2] 105g (grams) of Avocados
[Item-3] 410g (grams) of Banana
[Item-4] 90g (grams) of Salmon
[Item-5] 100g (grams) of Cucumber
[Item-6] 170g (grams) of Mangos (or 480g apple juice w/ 18g oil)
[Item-7] 70g (grams) of Olive oil
[Item-8] 320g (grams) of Papaya
[Item-9] 250g (grams) of Tomatoes

I don't eat plum-like fruits because of the acid and because 16 hours of being awake isn't enough time for me to combine them properly.

If not having salmon or tuna, I drink 5 egg yolks with 280g orange juice. Having more, I'm risking weight gain.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Tulip wrote:
This question was answered already.

I'm just trying to help. The only answer I see is that you are not eating enough. If you are not eating enough to get enough vitamins you will have massive weight loss and taking vitamin suppliments wont be enough.

I guess I am trying to say: Get all your vitamins from food, vitamin suppliments have no use in a healthy diet.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

johndela1 wrote: I'm just trying to help. The only answer I see is that you are not eating enough. If you are not eating enough to get enough vitamins you will have massive weight loss and taking vitamin suppliments wont be enough.

I guess I am trying to say: Get all your vitamins from food, vitamin suppliments have no use in a healthy diet.
I'm unable to eat more because my body won't do it. Could be appetite loss.

Just now, I read that vitamin B1 and B3 deficiencies cause appetite loss. Incidentally, those are what my nutrient calculation lacked.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Tulip,

The foods that you listed supply you with only 1,824 kcal, which is too little, and then you may also lack other nutrients.
If you cannot eat more whole fruits, replace whole fruits with juices. That way you can easily ingest all energy and all other nutrients you need.
How is your protein tolerance? (how much animal food can you eat regarding acne?)
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

RRM wrote:Tulip,

The foods that you listed supply you with only 1,824 kcal, which is too little, and then you may also lack other nutrients.
If you cannot eat more whole fruits, replace whole fruits with juices. That way you can easily ingest all energy and all other nutrients you need.
How is your protein tolerance? (how much animal food can you eat regarding acne?)
Right now I can eat 18g protein without breaking out but I haven't tried more. I have tried drinking juice and it didn't work. I understand that you can't recommend taking vitamin supplements, but isn't it similar to using white sugar? Thanks.