Taking vitamins to complete your diet

About specific vitamines, minerals or fiber, for example
Tulip
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Tulip »

Serious typo...
I just counted the fish. It's more like 38g protein in total.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Tulip wrote:I'm unable to eat more because my body won't do it. Could be appetite loss.

Just now, I read that vitamin B1 and B3 deficiencies cause appetite loss. Incidentally, those are what my nutrient calculation lacked.
have you considered making sure you eat foods that have b1 and b3 first before you eat other foods? Then maybe you will get your appetite back.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

johndela1 wrote: have you considered making sure you eat foods that have b1 and b3 first before you eat other foods? Then maybe you will get your appetite back.
Yes, I have and I will look for those exotic fruits. The other listed fruits/nuts caused various problems.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Tulip wrote:Right now I can eat 18g protein without breaking out but I haven't tried more.
Please try eating gradually more; up the amount of fish with 5g each week / 2 weeks to notice its effects.
I have tried drinking juice and it didn't work.
What do you mean it didnt work?
How didnt it work?
I understand that you can't recommend taking vitamin supplements, but isn't it similar to using white sugar?
The lack of vitamins is caused by eating too little, not because the food supplies you with too little vitamins. So, you need more energy and other nutrients (such as vitamins).
Supplementing only vitamins would not make sense, as you lack other nutrients (including energy) as well). Only supplementing food makes sense in this case.
Tulip wrote:The other listed fruits/nuts caused various problems.
what foods caused what problems?
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

RRM wrote:
Tulip wrote:Right now I can eat 18g protein without breaking out but I haven't tried more.
Please try eating gradually more; up the amount of fish with 5g each week / 2 weeks to notice its effects.
I will, because that is a good idea.

What do you mean it didnt work?
How didnt it work?
I mean it didn't make it easier to consume more energy because I still seem to need only 1,800 to feel satisfied. It didn't work by being even less appealing in large volumes than bananas. I will not rule out the option of making gallons of juice and chugging them like water. Juicing oranges gives me strong triceps which might not look as bad if I has less bodyfat.
The lack of vitamins is caused by eating too little, not because the food supplies you with too little vitamins. So, you need more energy and other nutrients (such as vitamins).
Supplementing only vitamins would not make sense, as you lack other nutrients (including energy) as well). Only supplementing food makes sense in this case.
Even if it makes sense, it personally feels like forcefeeding.
For science: I briefly started trying to consume 2,300 calories recently, using much less dirty protein, while walking/working out and gained weight. But not just from muscle. I may try it again when I have more knowledge. It makes no sense to me that even 2 years after my last starvation diet I wouldn't adjust to a normal energy intake. How can I have put on weight while lacking 500 calories almost every day? The only thing I'm doing wrong is being awake all night.
what foods caused what problems?
Brazil nuts caused acne, and garlicky breath with tight feeling in my throat which started happening when I had been eating them for a few months. Dried figs, apricots and plums (supposedly sun-dried) make my teeth hurt and caused acne but also contain too much fiber for my preference.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Tulip wrote:I will not rule out the option of making gallons of juice and chugging them like water.
Try adding sugar and oil. that perfectly works for me.
Even if it makes sense, it personally feels like forcefeeding.
More important than anything else, is getting enough calories. If you dont, you are doomed to fail, as your body will shrink and you will 'eat up' your own body.
So, if it takes forcefeeding to ingest enough eergy, that what you need to do. But there is an easier way; adding sugar and oil.

How can I have put on weight while lacking 500 calories almost every day?
Thats not possible, indeed.
You perform no physical activities?
The only thing I'm doing wrong is being awake all night.
Thats detrimental, indeed.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

RRM wrote:Try adding sugar and oil. that perfectly works for me.
That wouldn't help me consume more vitamins, only more sugar which is not my top priority right now...
More important than anything else, is getting enough calories. If you dont, you are doomed to fail, as your body will shrink and you will 'eat up' your own body.
But then how am I getting bigger instead of shrinking?
Thats not possible, indeed.
You perform no physical activities?
I do, but probably less than you. Even if I didn't, I would still be below my sedentary calorie needs.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Im sorry, but there seem to be some discrepancies here... You cannot consume only 1,824 kcal, perform physical activities and gain weight.
What do you do on a normal day?
What other things do you eat that you did not list?
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

RRM wrote:Im sorry, but there seem to be some discrepancies here... You cannot consume only 1,824 kcal, perform physical activities and gain weight.
What do you do on a normal day?
What other things do you eat that you did not list?
As for physical exertion on a normal day, I walk for 1-2 hours total and do about 40 minutes of muscle isolation exercises with stretching. I also meant, in the title post, instead of visual "distortions" to say disturbances (occasional light/ dark spots). Since I don't use a body fat caliper or special scale, I admit it can very well just be muscle gain causing the confusion.

I will purchase a body fat scale because that will probably solve the mystery.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

My mom is 1.50m (5'0"), weighs about 40kg (88lbs), is 76 years old, moderately active. She consumes about 1900-2000kcal per day...
avo

Post by avo »

It's not uncommon for one to underestimate how much one actually eat.

I suggest keeping better track of exactly what you eat and exactly how much of it.
Tulip

Post by Tulip »

Oscar, the internet says your mother should burn about 1,620 a day. Do you have any idea how she achieves this?
Avo, I do keep track most of the time and it's always the same.

The scale results are:

August 25, the morning after a 2 hr walk at 3.4 mph
Fat % 27.0
Muscle 90.8 lb
Total body water % 51.1

August 28, morning after 2 hr walk at 3.4 mph
Weight increased by 0.6 lb
Fat % 27.1
Muscle 91.4 lb
Total body water % 51.1

Sept 5, morning after 2 hr walk at 3.5 mph
Weight increased by another 0.6 lb
Fat % 26.6
Muscle 92.2 lb
Total body water % 51.1

I was also doing weight training every other day to two days. My BMR according to the scale is in the 1,350 range which is about 100 calories lower than an online calculator would say. I could be lying.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Maybe she's more active than the average 76 year old? Aside from this, energy needs are quite individual, and depend, like mentioned before, on level of activity.