polyphenol supplements

About specific vitamines, minerals or fiber, for example
chris m failla
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

polyphenol supplements

Post by chris m failla »

:)hey guys. Ive read alot about apple polyphenols and other polyphenols like pomagranite for health enhancement effects like hair growth and better blood flow. Are these supplements wrong to take, because they seem so beneficial.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Polyphenols are a very, very wide group of compounds.
The most aggressive cleaning agents also contain polyphenols.
Polyphenols are not nutrients, but compounds with specific, sometimes pharmaceutical properties; anti-oxidant and pro-oxidant, toxic or non-toxic.
In plants, polyphenols are often there for protection against being consumed.

The reason why they are advocated as supplements: money.
The reason why they can get away with it: molecules with aggressive properties generally also have anti-cancer properties.
So, yes, you can attribute 'beneficial' effects to such compounds, but also very adverse effects.

Health is not about supplementation, but about ingesting sufficient of all nutrients and as little of toxins (which includes many polyphenols).
The best way to do so is by simply consuming foods naturally designed to be consumed by humans.
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

:o I knew you were going to say that. A company called Applepoly.com got 400 dollars out of me claiming that a six month supply could accelerate hair growth. They even have a picture of before and after of a study done with apple polyphenols. I feel I do notice faster growth but I dont want to take anything that may oxidize or cause harm. So are apple polyphenols in supplement form harmful in your opinion, even though you basically answered this already?
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

You know what, never mind. You answered the question already. thank you
Sealish

Olive oil

Post by Sealish »

Are the polyphenols in olive oil in this group of compounds?
RRM
Administrator

Re: Olive oil

Post by RRM »

Sealish wrote:Are the polyphenols in olive oil in this group of compounds?
Yes, olive oil also contains polyphenols.
In the group of polyphenols there is a wide variety of compounds with very different properties, so we have to look at them individually.