fruit sugar and triglycerides

About specific vitamines, minerals or fiber, for example
chris m failla
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

fruit sugar and triglycerides

Post by chris m failla »

:) To the Wai world, I have another question related to sugar, fruit sugar and if it gets turned into blood triglycerides by the liver. I ask this because I had a severe panic attack while doing Wai diet. I had eaten lots of dates with brazil nuts, along with my normal daily oj w/OO. Now I had not completed not even a week on wai, I also included baked potato w/cream cheese as munch food because I read that on the site. I had a tight chest and rapid heart beat at times. Now I read on other low carb sites that sugar turns to triglycerides and causes disorders, especially cardiovascular disorders. Im a 34 year old guy at 205 lbs and 6'2 tall. I feel im about 30 lbs overweight. I want to live, I enjoy life with my family, I so confused on what diet to follow. the low carb site seem so convincing, however the Wai diet seems so right. Please help!
RRM
Administrator

Re: fruit sugar and triglycerides

Post by RRM »

chris m failla wrote:...sugar, fruit sugar and if it gets turned into blood triglycerides by the liver.
If you take in too much in one sitting, yes, it will get converted into glycerol and triglycerides.
To prevent that (and to prevent a tight chest and heart racing), all you need to do is consuming just as much energy as immediately required.
If you have problems doing that, then increase your fat intake to compensate for that.
sugar turns to triglycerides and causes disorders
That would make you fat first. the heart racing is an essential sign from your body; decrease the amount of sugars per meal, by decreasing portions and increasing meal frequency. Replacing sugars by fat also helps. Find your balance.
I so confused on what diet to follow. the low carb site seem so convincing, however the Wai diet seems so right. Please help!
I will not try to convince you. Experiment and find out what feels best.
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

Thanks for your reply and answers. I had also taken Christina's advice also and am having a banana with yolks only for breakfast. And smaller meals more frequently or only when I need energy really works. My anxiety is disappearing, thank God, and Wai.
johndela1

Re: fruit sugar and triglycerides

Post by johndela1 »

chris m failla wrote: I so confused on what diet to follow. the low carb site seem so convincing, however the Wai diet seems so right. Please help!

I have been reading books on low car (good cal bad cal) and assorted articles. I feel the exactly the way you feel. Low car *seems* to make sense but wai (along with the links to research) seems so right, too.

I'm really confused.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Why not try out one or the other 100% for 6 months and see what happens? Get rid of the food addiction, fine tune the diet, and see how you feel.
Christina

Post by Christina »

I agree with Oscar. Everybody needs to try different ways to see what works for them. Of course you need to stick with sth for a while to really learn about it.
I don't know if this helps but I've done 1 year raw low carb and I'v done 6 months Wai now. My experience is that the pros of the Wai diet far outway the ones on the low carb program.
On low carb I ate fish with raw butter or oil, 1-2 green veggie juice, shrimp, oo most of the time and a few blueberries with ground flax in the morning. I ate 6 -8 meals that where tiny like a small girly fist. I lost 20 lbs down to 130 @ 5'8" But my hormones where not doing well. I didn't get my menstruation for 3 months at a time and I was not feeling as upbeat. Plus, my digestion didn't work very well. I had to drink huge amounts of warm water in the morning.
The moment I decided it was enough and added banana, dates... back I gained all the weight back within a month. Only a year later I found Wai and my period has been on the minute since, my digestion is great and I'm just a happy smiling girl. I'm not much lighter but I'm toned and my skin has healthy coloring. I really believe in the power of this diet. I just cut down on the amount of sweet things. I surely don't use sugar and stopped honey, too. I maybe eat 6 pieces of fruit like 2 apples, 2 bananas and 2 oranges (+2 dates) and two sm. meals of cucumber, tom, avo, fish, oo, lemon j, and 2-4 yolks with the bananas.
My hair and skin is more beautiful than on low carb. I hardly ever have any gas!!!! Fantistic benefit :P . thank you Wai!
I just want to tone down a bit more and it is taking much longer than expected. I'm not only walking anymore but also dance which is helping me get more toned. And I smell sweet with clean breath. That you won't have on low c..
Hope, this makes your decision easier.
Christina
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Oscar wrote:Why not try out one or the other 100% for 6 months and see what happens? Get rid of the food addiction, fine tune the diet, and see how you feel.
It is a pretty remarkable diet once you get over the "addiction". Correct energy management is essential.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

chris m failla wrote:Thats cool 8) I just had a small pink grapefruit, no oil. I feel good with the right amount of energy.
You may want to read about grapefruits or ask around here. I remember seeing somewhere on here that they are not something to eat. Something about toxins.

check:

http://www.acneboard.com/AcneQandA/Forum10/000055.html
viewtopic.php?p=14280&sid=fe9ed70adcc87 ... 56bda71d7b

or for more:
http://www.google.com/search?ie=UTF-8&o ... eboard.com
Biev

Post by Biev »

well, it doesn't sound so terrible, it just falls under the munch food category because of the enzyme inhibitors. You don't get much juice out of one grapefruit anyway, I don't see how eating it once in a while would be a problem.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Grapefruit is not a munch food, you can safely eat it, just don overdo it.
All fruits contain some enzyminhibitors / mild toxins. Even though grapefruit contains relatively much (bitter taste),
the level is low though; nuts contain much more, specifically those nuts that taste a bit bitter (like walnuts)
The same is true for fruits; the sweeter and more 'easy' they are, the less enzyminhibitors they contain.
Your body perfectly tells you what fruits are most easy to digest.
summerwave

nuts

Post by summerwave »

I remove all the papery brown skin on nuts (including walnuts) and without it they do not taste either bitter or tannic at all; just sweet.

I use a coldpressed walnut oil too (unheated) and I am not sure about what they do with that skin in making it, but it too has a very pleasing flavor: rich ad oily; not bitter. I think the papery skin has a lot to do with off flavors.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, and it goes for both fruits and nuts; the skin/peel contains many anti-nutrients