New Substances In Prepared Food

About specific vitamines, minerals or fiber, for example
Gerard
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

social conditioning

Post by Gerard »

What I was saying is that we do not even know, or recognize, what truly feeling good is.

The chase after addictive substances on some level is not satisfying. It is true; on some level everyone always knows what the truth is.

I think that what the other poster above said is part of this: that one rather knows that what one is pursuing in the normal course of things isn't working, in some ways. Yet the alternative is not clear. The social gatherings to me seem a sort of clinging together in this; a validation even while one is at one's truest level aware that there is some misery to the status quo.

When you really feel good on this diet, it is a kind of permission almost that you need to grant yourself to enjoy food so much in this unaddicted, purely sensual way. It is both functional; somewhat austere (to the mind that expects stimulants and sedatives) and deeply sensuous (to the body). It is quite a shift.
summerwave

adulterated foods

Post by summerwave »

Yes, and I think too so many 'foods' are so manipulated that people indeed become very confused....

I was just shopping; I saw all the dried fruit.

With all the cane sugar added to it, I thought that probably it hadn't been very ripe when the manufacturer dehydrated it. That's one good way to hide the over-tartness: add lots of sugar... which by itself is fine; we all eat sugar, but in this case it probably hides a multitude of problems.

It is things like this-- the dependency on the manufactured part of the food supply-- that keeps people trapped into poor-quality foods.
summerwave

processed food

Post by summerwave »

Even without the 'new' problems created by cooking or improperly treating foods, I always consider this:

even before a fruit, vegetable, etc., is cooked or processed, was it a good, even ideal food; tempting and delicious?

The answer is invariably no....

When I have encountered canned (tinned) fruit, for example, I do consider how it was probably unripe to begin with, and the intense heat pressure plus added syrup was to make it as soft and sweet (and juicy) as perfectly ripe RAW fruit.

And cooking of fish or egg can disguise off flavors.... salt, too...and dehydration of fruits nearly always involves adding sugar, as the texture (of something probably unripe) is not so much a problem when making it dry and chewier (that is, somewhat 'tougher'), but coming up with the sweetness one would expect of concentrated sugars *is.*

This is not to say that drying or preserving is always badly-intentioned or somehow partakes of a bad process; just that in commercial food processing, these techniques are distorted to manipulate the palate into accepting something less than perfectly ripe and good.

If it were, of course, it would more likely be on sale in that form....I understand there are different temperature and climate zones so preservation is inevitable. But foods should not need all the sugar that is added to them; the consumer can easily do that herself, to her tastes, after trying the already-good (ideally, that is) dried or other processed product.