Too much fat?

About specific vitamines, minerals or fiber, for example
Roocious
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Too much fat?

Post by Roocious »

Is there anything wrong with taking in more fats than sugars?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

No. It's not optimal and I heard people appear to be less energetic though.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, most of your body (muscles, brains) prefer sugars.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Usually we don't want to take in too-much sugar without fat because it causes blood-level spikes, but if the sugar is consumed gradually or if there is fat with it but not enough (suppose half Wai's recommenced ratio) is that significant?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah that works. If you only replenish blood sugar there won't be any spikes. However, your body does needs fats as well, so if you don't consume any fats eventually it will have to convert sugars into fats.
The ratio is a guideline, the more active you are (i.c. the more sugar energy you use) the higher that ratio will be.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So does this mean if I consume too-much sugar, I can burn it off by running around and avoid spikes?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

If that sugar is still circulating in the blood while you're running, I would think so. Sounds more complicated to me than just replenishing blood sugar though. ;)
chris m failla

specifics about fat

Post by chris m failla »

Hello crew, I have some questions about fat and I would like to know if these statements are true.
1 cooked or raw, higher than healthy levels of fat in the bloodstream force fat to "precipitate out" and adhere to arterial walls.
2. cooked or raw, increased fat in the bloodstream reduces the oxygen capacity of the red blood cells causing reduced thought process, dull mind, predisposing of cancer.
3.cooked or raw, increased fat in the bloodstream requires and increased epinephrine response in order to drive the pancreas to produce insulin.
4. cooked or raw, increased fat in the bloodstream results in increased demand for insulin, known as insulin resistance, causing a drain on the pancreas eventually leading to pancreatic fatigue and chronically elaveted blood sugar levels. This predisposes us to a group of lipid metabolic disorders, mistakenly referred to a "blood sugar metabolic disorders".

These are from another author, but they are interesting.
RRM
Administrator

Re: specifics about fat

Post by RRM »

chris m failla wrote: 1 cooked or raw, higher than healthy levels of fat in the bloodstream force fat to "precipitate out" and adhere to arterial walls.
'Normally', that doesnt happen, as elevated levels of fatty acids and/or triglycerides automatically result in the composition of adipose fat. So, there is a precondition required for this to happen anyway. That precondition could be:
A. That 'something' already has adhered to the arterial walls so that those fats (redundant or not) readily adhere to this layer on these walls as well.
B. That triglycerides are poorly formed (due to whatever cause), causing an elevated blood fatty acid level (since they cannot be stored in adipose tissue). This can be seen in thin people with 'fatty organs' (so called ' hidden fat').
2. cooked or raw, increased fat in the bloodstream reduces the oxygen capacity of the red blood cells causing reduced thought process, dull mind, predisposing of cancer.
See the above. And in addition: thats just one theory; the predisposition of cancer be the result of one of the causes, maybe not related to fat.
3. ... 4....
Ah, I get it, its all about increased fat levels.
For this author, the increased fat is the cause of everything.
Obviously, we disagree.
In my opinion, increased fat levels is much more a condition than the result of high fat intakes.
First fat was the culprit, then it was sugar, and now it is fat again? (or is it an old book?)
These are from another author, but they are interesting.
Its interesting to know what causes the elevated blood fat levels. (the ' condition' )
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

Yes this subject post is about increased fat levels, and I was trying to find out from this site if what Graham was saying was correct. I trust your facts and opinions much more than anyone else, but Im trying to find if some of my problems are from to much dietary fat. Right now im battling a candida rash in my inner thigh, that gets aggravated a certain times. I get a short breath, anxiety when I eat to much concentrated fat. I would love to avoid clogged arteries. His book seems so confident that high fat intake is the culprit to candida, and upon some expirementing, I find his diet works to some extent. Like I dont feel spacey or fatigue when eating high fruit low fat, and my rash is not as aggravated and itchy.
So, normally, percipitation of fat in the arteries does not happen, but what do we do if we do have some plaque or fat build up from a lifetime of bad eating or something. Can we get enough fat from are fruits if we eat sufficient calories?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

chris m failla wrote: Im trying to find if some of my problems are from to much dietary fat.
Well, the safest way to go about that is by consuming very small meals only. Particularly with fat, as fat is very energy dense.
So, as with sugars; try to take a bit only when you feel the need for energy, and just a few bites. Then wait and try to feel your energy levels.
Can we get enough fat from are fruits if we eat sufficient calories?
Im sorry, i dont understand your question. Can you please rephrase?
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

Sure. If someone was to eat sufficient calories of mainly fruit, for instance, if a man 6'1 170 lbs, eats a lot of fruit to hit around 3000 calories, and only 3-5 yolks, no avocado, no oil, would there be sufficient fat in this diet for good health. Or maybe you can answer this question, is 10-15% of total fat calories healthy on an mostly fruit diet, 80% carbs, 10% protein, 10 %fat of total calories?
Also, I did find an older thread, I cant search which one though right now, but I believe it was Oscar that said that increased blood fat has been linked to insulin resistance and diabetes. Then johndela, I think, asked how? And Oscar was unsure. But it may be due to fat hindering insulins action inside the blood vessel, causing increased secretion of insulin. I mean doesnt fat make blood a little thicker.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

That couldn't have been me. Maybe John had read something and I was asking "How?".
chris m failla

Post by chris m failla »

I found the thread. It was RRM, it is under Losing Overweight, and the thread is under, "not exercising for fat loss".

Posted: Tue Sep 25, 2007 7:02 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

johndela1 wrote:
Can excess fat cause insulin levels to rise?

Yes. It is even known that elevated levels of fatty acids in the blood induce insulin resistance (and thus diabetes)
Between fatty acids there are differences in insulin response (just like between amino acids).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----------------------------------------------------------------------
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

chris m failla wrote:If someone was to eat sufficient calories of mainly fruit, ... and only 3-5 yolks... would there be sufficient fat in this diet for good health.
If alternated with fish occasionally, yes.
Fat is relatively scarse in nature. And the amount of fatty acids that we need for composition purposes is rather low.
Its just that consuming fat (for energy) balances the consumption of sugar, but it is not essential for good health.
increased blood fat has been linked to insulin resistance and diabetes.
Yes, but thats about increased BLOOD levels.
Thats already 'a condition'.
Eating a relatively high fat diet 'normally' doesnt cause that.
I mean doesnt fat make blood a little thicker.
Sure, but again, blood fat levels are regulated, just as blood sugar and blood amino acid levels are regulated...

BTW; If you are afraid of too high blood fat levels, why dont you have your blood fatty acid and triglyceride levels checked?
Its a simple test.