Potassium / calcium / magnesium ratio

About specific vitamines, minerals or fiber, for example
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Potassium / calcium / magnesium ratio

Post by RRM »

Aytundra wrote:
RRM wrote:Drinking lots of banana juice, I got nocturnal muscle cramps when my Ca/Mg ratio was below 1:3
I intuitively read it as 2 is less than 3, 2 is "below" 3, so the ratio of 1:1 and 1:2 are below 1:3.
But maybe I am wrong, and I may have bad reading skills. Help me read.
1:4 = 0.25
1:3 = 0.33-
1:2 = 0.5
1:1 = 1
So, 1:4 (and yes, 1:10) is below 1:3
and 1:3 is below 1:2

Aytundra wrote:There is less potassium to calcium in bananas, compared to potassium to calcium in oranges.
Potassium is also higher in proportion to calcium in mangoes and melons.
Was it potassium or magnesium that caused your muscle cramps? or is it some other factor X?
Actually, its the other way around (banana K/Ca = 45:1 and orange K/Ca = 18:1)
But, yes, of course all nutrient ratios are different in OJ only compared to OJ plus banana.
Muscle contraction, however, is most influenced by the Ca/Mg ratio.
Also, the change in Ca/Mg is greater than the change in K/Ca
Just to serve as an illustration:

Example A
0 g. banana plus 3000 g OJ yields a Mg/Ca ratio of 1:1
In this example, the K/Ca ratio is 18:1

Example B
1183 g. banana plus 2000 g OJ yields a Mg/Ca ratio of 2:1
In this example, the K/Ca ratio is 27:1

Example C
2220 g. banana plus 1000 g OJ yields a Mg/Ca ratio of 3:1
In this example, the K/Ca ratio is 35:1

So, in B (compared to A), the Ca/Mg ratio has doubled (100% increase), compared to the 50% increase in the K/Ca ratio.
In C (compared to A), the Ca/Mg ratio increase was 200%, compared to almost 100% increase in the K/Ca ratio.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Aytundra wrote: "assuming...first sign of Mg/Ca overload", but what if this is a first sign of K/Ca underload?
There is less potassium to calcium in bananas, compared to potassium to calcium in oranges.
Potassium is also higher in proportion to calcium in mangoes and melons.
Was it potassium or magnesium that caused your muscle cramps? or is it some other factor X?
Sorry I meant to say:
"assuming...first sign of Mg/Ca overload", but what if this is a first sign of K/Mg underload?
There is less potassium to magnesium in bananas, compared to potassium to magnesium in oranges.
Potassium is also higher in proportion to magnesium in mangoes and melons.

My reasoning is we can discard calcium RDA. Calcium is out of the picture in Wai anyways.
If you eat too much calcium rich foods like dairy you will probably screw up your Mg:Ca or K:Ca ratios anyways.
And I doubt the majority of the SAD population has muscle cramps and problems due to their dairy and vegetable intake high in calcium.
They will be sick everyday with cramps.

In the reverse, Wai dieters throw out Calcium from their diets, so Mg:Ca and K:Ca ratios will be higher than SAD population.
Wai dieters I doubt they have muscle cramps, sick everyday with cramps because of the magnesium to calcium ratio, or potassium to calcium ratio.

I think muscle cramps has little to do with Mg:Ca or K:Ca
Instead I think Muscle cramps has to do with K:Mg ratios.

What your 1 week banana diet experiment did was changed the potassium and magnesium ratios.
See the graph I made with Simple Wai Calculator's raw data. "K Mg Ca Proportions Banana Orange RDA JSNFS Adult Male.GIF"
You flipped Ca and Mg, but you also raised potassium intake in bananas significantly.
But flipping Ca and Mg, caused your potassium to magnesium ratio to be in underload.
Hence my explanation for your cramps. Your cramps are caused by low amounts of potassium to magnesium.
My conclusion: Screwing with your natural body requirement's of potassium to magnesium ratio is bad.
[There, 1 score for eating No Bananas. Darn, :( this K:Mg ratio idea is against my banana as a crucial food item in Wai for Vitamin B6.]

Note: Your Wiki post also hinted at K:Mg.
RRM wrote:From Wiki:
Human magnesium deficiency is relatively rare[20] although only 32% of the United States meet the RDA-DRI;[21]
Intracellular magnesium is correlated with intracellular potassium.
Magnesium is absorbed in the gastrointestinal tract, with more absorbed when status is lower.
Low and high protein intake inhibit magnesium absorption, and other factors such as phosphate, phytate, and fat affect absorption.
Other nutrient deficiencies are identified through biomarkers, but none are established for magnesium.[29]
Excess magnesium in the blood is freely filtered at the kidneys, and for this reason it is difficult to overdose on magnesium from dietary sources alone.
I do not think you overdosed in Mg. I think you underdosed in K, in your banana eating week.
"Intracellular magnesium is correlated with intracellular potassium." - take home message from Wiki
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Aytundra wrote:My reasoning is we can discard calcium RDA. Calcium is out of the picture in Wai anyways.
That is not the point.
This is not about the calcium RDA.
And calcium is certainly not out of the picture in the Wai diet.
There still is a requirement for calcium (though much less than the RDA).
And there still is an optimal Ca/Mg ratio-range, for muscle contraction (and much more).
I doubt the majority of the SAD population has muscle cramps and problems due to their dairy and vegetable intake high in calcium.
Because their Ca intake is so high, a too low Ca/Mg ratio is unlikely, but other electrolyte imbalances may play a role. Leg cramps are most often caused by medications.
And yes, the majority of SAD population do experience muscle cramps sometimes.
"Up to 60 percent of adults report that they have had nocturnal leg cramps... Up to 20 percent of patients who experience leg cramps have daily symptoms that are bothersome enough for the patient to seek medical attention."
Allen RE et al
Some may lack magnesium, as supplemental magnesium may sometimes eliminate leg cramps in pregnant women Supakatisant C et al Young GL et al and uterine cramps in menstruating women. Proctor ML et al
Wai dieters I doubt they have muscle cramps
That depends on individual differences, and on how big the Mg load is.
Hence this thread.
I am a Wai dieter. I experienced muscle cramps. You doubt that?
You flipped Ca and Mg
That is totally irrelevant.
A ratio is a ratio...
Ca/Mg = 1:2 is the same as Mg/Ca = 2:1
you also raised potassium intake in bananas significantly.
You mean to say that I used a different source than you?
No 2 bananas are the same.
Each (scientific) source will give you different data.
I think muscle cramps has little to do with Mg:Ca or K:Ca
Instead I think Muscle cramps has to do with K:Mg ratios.
It has to do with all of them.
Whenever an electrolyte imbalance of the cell (not the blood!) has taken place, this will eventually result in muscle cramps. (low MG is a known cause of muscle cramps Skalova S et al)
The most notable change in ratios in my muscle cramp experience (in the banana/OJ experiment), was the change in the Ca/Mg ratio.
RRM wrote:
Example A (0 g. banana + 3000 g OJ)
Mg/Ca = 1:1
K/Ca = 18:1
K/Mg = 18:1

Example B (1183 g. banana + 2000 g OJ)
Mg/Ca = 2:1 (=100% increase)
K/Ca = 27:1 (=50% increase)
K/Mg = 13:1 (=28% decrease)

Example C (2220 g. banana + 1000 g OJ)
Mg/Ca = 3:1 (=200% increase, moving away from the 1:2 in anti-cramp supplement)
K/Ca = 35:1 (=94% increase)
K/Mg = 12:1 (=33% decrease, moving towards the 2.5:1 in anti-cramp supplement Boulter J et al)
So, by changing only the intake of banana and OJ, by far the biggest change is in the Mg/Ca ratio. (Up to 6-fold bigger than the change in the K/Mg ratio)

Calcium is essential in muscle contraction and relaxation.
Stimulated by acetylcholine, sodium ions enter the muscle cell.
In response to this, the sarcoplasmic reticulum (=SR) (of the muscle cell) becomes more permeable to Ca2+.
The Ca2+ binds to the troponin of muscle filament.
This triggers events that result in a contraction cycle.
There are two possibilities for elimination of calcium out of the cell, both influenced by Mg: the Ca pump and the sodium/calcium exchange.
After muscle contraction, the calcium ATPase pumps (in the membranes of the SR) transport the Ca2+ (against the concentration gradient) from the cytosol back into the stores of the SR, which triggers relaxation of the muscle.
So, the muscle cells use the calcium ATPase pump to maintain low Ca2+ concentrations in the cytosol, which enables muscle relaxation.
This calcium transport-ATPase is magnesium dependent, but is directed by calcium.

The sodium/potassium pump at the cellular membrane is activated by Mg.
Under Mg overload, the sodium/potassium pump is over-activated. The cell membrane now shows decreased permeablilty. Especially the potassium gradient, cannot be maintained. Potassium enters the cell, and in compensation an efflux of sodium and hydrogen ions occurs. Also, Mg enters the cell, resulting in Ca efflux. (The ionic compensation takes place by 1 Mg ion + 2 potassium ions).
Here the Mg overload is responsible for development of a Ca-overload.
Also, both increased extracellular Mg as well as increased intracellular Mg competitively inhibit the slow calcium-influx through the calcium channels.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

K Mg Ca Log Transformed Calcium held constant at 600mg.
I predict if RRM went on a week of avocado instead of orange, he might get Mg:Ca cramps.
If blue is above red, and green is below red, then no cramps.
If blue is above red, and green is above red, then cramps.
If red is above green, then no cramps, regardless of where blue is.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Aytundra wrote:If blue is above red, and green is above red, then cramps.
This notion is based on what?
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Blue = K, Potassium
Green = Mg, Magnesium
Red = Ca, Calcium
Log is base 10
Method:
1) Raw data of 62 food items were obtained from the Simple Wai Calculator at 10000g of food (as not to lose digits hidden in decimal places for 100g of food), for potassium K, magnesium Mg and calcium Ca.
2) Then I scaled down all the food items to 1000g, as K, Mg and Ca were in mg, and there was not any digits after 2 decimal places that needed to be considered.
3) Then I held Calcium constant for all food items to the Human RDA values of 600g recommended by the RDA: JSNFS Male, 30~49y, 169.1cm, 67.0kg [5]
4) Then I scatterplotted it and thought a log 10 would help
5) The scatter plotted version is quite nice, it would look even nicer if I removed animal food and nuts, to leave just fruits for a plot.
The only down side would be pain-staking labelling, hence I went with the bar graph because it was quicker for me to do the labels.
If I post an excel would it work here? Like show the data points if you hover over it.
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
dime

Post by dime »

Aytundra wrote:If I post an excel would it work here? Like show the data points if you hover over it.
Not here, but you could in google docs.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

RRM wrote:
Aytundra, you did not answer my question.
I understand what data the graph is based on.
My question was not about the data.
My question was about your notion; that cramps occur when both blue and green are above red. On what reasoning is that notion based?
Please explain.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Btw, a couple of days ago I visited a website, and two people reported calf cramps, when they used 300-400 mg magnesium from magnesium glycinate.
And the cramp would go away with calcium supplementation (can't remember which form).
Just wanted to share that.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

RRM wrote:
RRM wrote:
Aytundra, you did not answer my question.
I understand what data the graph is based on.
My question was not about the data.
My question was about your notion; that cramps occur when both blue and green are above red. On what reasoning is that notion based?
Please explain.
The blue, green, red hypotheses, are based on not meeting RDA proportions of KMgCa (KMgCaLog Ca@600mg graph).

Assumptions to the Hypotheses: (These hypotheses might not hold true if these assumptions are not met.)
1) I am assuming one is consuming only 1 food item, for a period of 1-2 weeks, and omitted all other food items from the diet.
2) I am assuming one started this 1 food item without cramps, and had a normal RDA KMgCa ratio before starting the experiment.
If you had cramps before overeating in Mg, obviously eating more Mg than Ca, will not do you good.

My Notions:
I noticed that the slope of K is the upper bound and the slope of Mg is the lower bound.
Calcium positioning between K and Mg seems to define if you will be an animal food, nut, fish, or a fruit.

K:Mg Ratio
In Nuts the slope of K is parallel to the slope of Mg.
In Fruits the slope of K is parallel to the slope of Mg.
In Nuts the slope of K is closer to the slope of Mg, while compared
to fruits the slope of K is more distanced to the slope of Mg.
Hence I perceive there seems to be an optimal range of K to Mg ratio for nuts, and K to Mg ratio for fruits. For life forms in general.

Mg:Ca Ratio
In Nuts, Mg is almost always over Ca. Hazelnut is the exception.
In Fish, Mg is always over Ca.
In Fruits, Mg is sometimes over Ca.
Hence I perceive Mg to Ca ratios define nuts and fish well, and it makes sense to me because nuts is on a different muscle range (that is it has no muscle), and fish uses their muscles differently then land animals, undulatory motion. Both are static motions. Fruits on the other hand have to grow expand centrically, and humans need to move. It might sound strange, but it makes sense, to me. But hazelnut confuses me. Maybe I need to check the data for typos, or rethink my theories.That is why I am now guessing it is magnesium and calcium that affects cramps. Fish and nuts explains.

K:Ca Ratio
Trying to make sense of my own graph(KMgCaLog Ca@600mg graph):
There is not enough data points to draw good guesses but, I will guess anyways.

I think the packaged modern foods, and dairy diet screws up K:Ca ratios.
As seen in nuts, fruits and fish, foods in their normal proportions of K Mg Ca, have calcium levels below K levels.
Chicken yolk and human milk are exceptions, they are for the early development of organisms, eggs, milk.
Hence I perceive it might not only be hormones and proteins that affect an organism's development, but calcium levels in conjunction to K and Mg.

Aytundra thinks: Minimum Ca is important in Wai
[Note: Seems like yolks control Ca. So eat your chicken yolks! but not too much, you still want the Ca to be within some range of life forms;....or choose your combinations of nuts + fish +fruits : fruits wisely. It looks to me like olive oil and sugar will not be good ways to control Ca, you will need a lot, and fats and sugars will be drastically out of balance if you chose those to control your Ca levels. and olives "canned" ? bah...How did it make it on to the calculator? I thought Wai has no processed foods.)]
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

For those of you trying to manipulate your K Mg Ca ratios, using the logged Ca600mg graph would be pointless, because it can not tell you the milligrams you are manipulating. The log graph is only good for identifying patterns and trends.

Here is the graph I made prior to the log transformation.
(K Mg Ca Ranked but no transformation Calcium held constant at 600mg).
Methods:
- Potassium K was ranked
- Calcium held constant at 600mg
- Human equals RDA: JSNFS Male, 30~49y, 169.1cm, 67.0kg [5]
(Note: I used male RDA, because originally this was to decipher RRM's banana juice 1 week experiment. I do not know if the RDA differs for other age groups and gender and body mass types, but hopefully this is a good bench mark, I will plot graphs with other age groups later.)

That means if you plan to eat 600mg of Ca in each food, you will see the amount of K and Mg per food item.
Looks like orange is a pretty good choice, and a no brainer, versus, choosing banana means you will have to do some planning to adjust for the potassium intake if you are trying to meet RDA K values.

Aytundra was surprised that her ranked potassium graph with Ca held constant, told her to eat "oranges".
Aytundra was surprised that her log graph told her to eat "yolks".
Or is Aytundra already biased by reading too much Wai, hence a biased statician/scientist? :wink:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Aytundra wrote:
RRM wrote:
The blue, green, red hypotheses, are based on not meeting RDA proportions of KMgCa (KMgCaLog Ca@600mg graph).
Please explain.
What is the RDA proportion of KMgCa?
It looks to me like olive oil and sugar will not be good ways to control Ca, you will need a lot, and fats and sugars will be drastically out of balance if you chose those to control your Ca levels
What???
Please explain...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Aytundra wrote:... you will have to do some planning to adjust for the potassium intake if you are trying to meet RDA K values.
There is no RDA for potassium.
The 2004 guidelines of the Institute of Medicine specify a dietary reference intake (DRI) of 4,700 mg of potassium.
Potassium is present in sufficient quantities in most fruits.
For example:
If your diet consists of just OJ and some animal food, your potassium intake will be about double the DRI.
The intake of K will also be higher than the DRI if your diet mainly consists of mango, mandarins, kiwi or muskmelon, for example.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

RRM wrote:
Aytundra wrote:
RRM wrote:
Please explain.
Actually the quote there contains only half of my notion.
I do not need JSNFS RDA values to create the blue, green and red hypotheses.
I can create the blue, green, and red hypotheses independent of RDA. Because I am viewing nutrient pattern trends here.
Since I am skeptical of RDA values, I think of them as a crappy benchmark, and I think I will have to view natural patterns and trends before I can believe in an RDA value. Hence I plotted so so many fruits. (By the way plotting all those graphs ate up 8-13 hours of my life.)
Aytundra wrote: The blue, green, red hypotheses, are based on not meeting RDA proportions of KMgCa (KMgCaLog Ca@600mg graph).
Here is the other half of my notion:
Aytundra wrote: Hence I perceive Mg to Ca ratios define nuts and fish well, and it makes sense to me because nuts is on a different muscle range (that is it has no muscle), and fish uses their muscles differently then land animals, undulatory motion. Both are static motions. Fruits on the other hand have to grow expand centrically, and humans need to move. It might sound strange, but it makes sense, to me. But hazelnut confuses me. Maybe I need to check the data for typos, or rethink my theories. That is why I am now guessing it is magnesium and calcium that affects cramps. Fish and nuts explains.
Having the RDA certainly made it easier to hypothesize,
but what tips the bucket for me, is the fish and nut pattern trends.
Or else I would still believe you were overdosing in potassium, and not believe in magnesium and calcium ratio as the cause of your cramps.
RRM wrote:What is the RDA proportion of KMgCa?
From the Simple Wai Calculator I retrieved the RDA values for an adult male,
1) by setting sugar or any other fruit to 0g:
2) clicked calculate nutritional value:
3) Obtained the RDA values in the RDA column.
- Now I have the benchmark of how much calcium, magnesium and potassium:
For an Adult male of 30-49years old and about 169.1cm, 67.0kg, you will need:
Calcium 600.00mg, Magnesium 320.00mg, and Potassium 2000.00mg.

RDA: JSNFS Male, 30~49y, 169.1cm, 67.0kg [5]
Calcium, Ca.....................................0.00000mg ........600.00mg
Iron, Fe........................................0.00000mg .........10.00mg
Magnesium, Mg...................................0.00000mg ........320.00mg
Phosphorus, P...................................0.00000mg ........700.00mg
Potassium, K....................................0.00000mg .......2000.00mg
RRM wrote:
Aytundra wrote:It looks to me like olive oil and sugar will not be good ways to control Ca, you will need a lot, and fats and sugars will be drastically out of balance if you chose those to control your Ca levels
What???
Please explain...
I have four purposes with this quote:
1) to state my outliers. Sugar and olive oil will unlikely cause you Mg:Ca cramps, because of no Mg manipulation.
2) to say Olive, Chicken yolk and human milk are very likely the only "very easy" manipulators of calcium levels in the Wai diet.
3) to conclude that if someone had to live on these 62 food items, chicken yolks will be your easiest choice to manipulate and supplement calcium levels, because olive is canned, and human milk, well it is not easily accessible, and it will contain growth hormones.

4) If the average person without math or statistics training, looked at my log graph:
they will think they can control potassium K and calcium Ca levels with sugar, and calcium Ca levels with olive oil.

But that would be misleading, and a misread of my log graph.
The log graph can only state the patterns or trends.
The log graph can not tell you how much sugar or olive oil to consume to bring up Ca levels to the RDA limit.

If you look at my ranked Ca held constant at 600mg graph:
You can see the excess or insufficient amount of K and Mg you will be consuming when trying to meet Ca minimum of RDA value of "human" for any of the 62 food item.
What the ranked graph doesn't tell you is how much you have to eat to get the 600mg of Ca.

Here is a table of grams of food you need to meet RDA value of Ca 600mg:
[From the table, after eliminating nuts, because of bad Mg:Ca ratio(from the guesses on Mg:Ca ratio creating cramps),
leaving: figs, chicken yolks, raisins, olives and oranges as the next best items to get Ca.
But figs and raisins are dried and who will want to eat fiber,
hence chicken yolks and oranges are left to manipulate Ca levels easily.
NOTE: you will not want to eat ~400g of egg yolks, hence, orange juice is the easiest way to get Ca.]
Aytundra wrote:It looks to me like olive oil and sugar will not be good ways to control Ca, you will need a lot, and fats and sugars will be drastically out of balance if you chose those to control your Ca levels
So to conclude you will need 60000g of granulated sugar to get 600mg of Ca in your diet, assuming data from the Wai calculator is correct.
60kg!!!, that is a lot, so don't make the mistake of looking at my log graph to eat Ca to balance out K:Mg:Ca ratios.

Table of amount of food in "grams" needed to get RDA 600mg of Ca.....Item Name

241.94 Almond (Prunus dulcis), [1].
265.49 Hazelnut, (Corylus spp.), [2][1].
310.88 Fig (Ficus carica), dried, [2][1].
340.91 Brazil nut (Bertholletia excelsa), dried, unblanched, [1][2].
416.67 Fig (Ficus carica), dried, [1][2].
428.57 Chicken egg yolk (Gallus domesticus), raw, [2].
437.96 Chicken egg yolk (Gallus domesticus), raw, [1].
454.55 Brazil nut (Bertholletia excelsa), not dried, [2][1].
526.32 Hazelnut, (Corylus spp.), [1][2].
612.24 Walnut (Juglans regia), [1][2].
681.82 Olive (Olea europea), ripe, canned, [1].
705.88 Macadamia nut (Macadamia ternifolia), [1][2].
857.14 Pecan nut (Carya illinoensis), [1].
1200.00 Raisin (Vitis vinifera), [1].
1428.57 Orange (Citrus aurantium L. Subsp.) Sinensis L. [2].
1428.57 Orange (Citrus aurantium L. Subsp.) Sinensis L. [2].
1500.00 Orange (Citrus sinensis), no peel, Calif. navel, [1].
1500.00 Tuna (Thunnus spp.), [2][1].
1764.71 Kiwi (Actinidia chinensis), [1].
1764.71 Ling fish (Molva molva - Lange - Linque - Leng) [1][3].
1818.18 Mandarin (Citrus nobilis loureiro), tangerine, [2][1].
1875.00 Milk, human.
1875.00 Blackberry (Rubus spp.), [1].
1875.00 Snapper (Lutjanidae), finfish mixed species, [1].
1875.00 Date (Phoenix dactylifera), natural and dry, [1].
1935.48 Mackerel (Scombermorus cavalla (Cuvier)), king, kingfish, [1][3].
2500.00 Coconut water (Cocos nucifera), [1].
2500.00 Papaya (Carica papaya), [1].
2608.70 Yellowtail, mixed species, (Seriola spp.), [1].
2727.27 Raspberry (Rubus spp.), [1].
3000.00 Coconut meat (Cocos nucifera), [2].
3750.00 Coconut milk (Cocos nucifera), liq. from grated meat+water, [1].
3750.00 Tuna (Thunnus albacares), yellow fin, [1][2].
3750.00 Pine nut, dried (Pinus spp.), [1].
4000.00 Cherry, sweet (Prunus avium), [1].
4285.71 Cucumber (Cucumis sativus), peeled, [1][2].
4285.71 Mandarin (Citrus reticulata), tangerine, [1].
4285.71 Strawberry (Fragaria X ananassa), [1][2].
4285.71 Apricot (Prunus armeniaca), [1].
4285.71 Coconut meat (Cocos nucifera), [1][2].
4615.38 Salmon (Salmo salar L.), [2][1].
5000.00 Salmon (Salmo salar), Atlantic wild, [1][2].
5454.55 Grape (Vitis vinifera), european varieties, eg Thompson, [1][2].
5454.55 Muskmelon (Cucumis melo), reticulatus grp, cantaloupe-US, [1][2].
5454.55 Avocado (Persea americana), California, [1].
6000.00 Pear (Pyrus communis L.), no skin, [2][1].
6000.00 Mango (Magnifera indica L.), [1][2].
6000.00 Avocado (Persea gratissima Gaertn.), [2].
6250.00 Grapefruit juice (Citrus paradisi), [2][1].
6896.55 Banana (Musa sapientum), [2].
7500.00 Watermelon (Citrulhus lanatus), [1][2].
8571.43 Pineapple (Ananus comosus), [1].
10000.00 Honey, [1].
10000.00 Blueberry (Vaccinium spp.), [1].
10000.00 Honeydew (Cucumis melo), [1].
10000.00 Banana (Musa X paradisiaca), [1].
12000.00 Peach (Prunus persica), [1].
12000.00 Tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum), red, ripe, yr avg, [1][2][4].
15000.00 Apple (Malus sylvestris), no skin, [1].
15000.00 Plum (Prunus spp.), [1].
60000.00 Sugar, granulated [1][2].
#DIV/0! Olive oil (Olea europea), [1].
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Aytundra wrote:
RRM wrote:
Aytundra wrote:
RRM wrote:
Please explain.
I do not need JSNFS RDA values to create the blue, green and red hypotheses.
...RDA values, I think of them as a crappy benchmark
So, your hypothesis is based on something crappy that you do not need.