Fatty acids and insulin resistance

About specific vitamines, minerals or fiber, for example
Christoph
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Christoph »

Attention RRM, and the Waidiet,,,as you may agree, this diet is not based on oil, olive oil. If I may, from what I have learned from you, is that this is a fruit based diet with the addition of raw animal food..yolks and fish. So please dont think Im "other opinions" of the waidiet. I am a waidieter, but minus the oil, and minus concentrated fat with fruit.
It is fact that "elevated fatty acids in the blood, induce insulin resistance".
RRM
Administrator

Re: weight loss and juicing

Post by RRM »

Christoph wrote:this diet is not based on oil
Of course not. You may use oil for balancing sugars.
The more physically active you are, the less fat you will need. (like me)
When one is physically inactive, one will be more susceptible to the spiking influence of big meals (protein, sugars,
since less conversion into glycogen and direct energy).
Consuming fat instead of some of those sugars / protein will therefore have a 'sparing effect';
saving your insulin system.
It is fact that "elevated fatty acids in the blood, induce insulin resistance".
It is a fact that elevated amino acids (protein) in the blood induce insulin resistance.
It is a fact that elevated glucose in the blood induces insulin resistance.
So, this quote of yours in no way justifies a low-fat diet, 'to avoid insulin resistance',
because substituting fat for protein and/or sugars will increase the strain on the insulin system.
If anything, it justifies consuming very small meals very frequently, to avoid any elevation of energy in your blood.

Why is there a correlation between elevated serum fatty acids and insulin resistance?
(no causitive relationship, but correlation!!)
Because in people who overeat, levels of fatty acids are elevated (due to increased conversion of energy into triglycerides for storage in adipose fat).
And people who overeat tend to eat large meals, repeatedly straining the insulin system.
Hence the correlation between elevated serum fatty acids and insulin resistance.
Not due to dietary fat, but due to excess energy, particularly from protein and/or glucose,
since these two directly stimulate insulin secretion.

I will split of this discussion into a new thread; "elevated fatty acids and insulin resistance",
once you have responded.
Christoph

Post by Christoph »

In my opinion, fat does slow sugar metabolizim, thats what Waidiet says, to eat fat with sugar to slow sugar absorption to avoid diabetes.(hope I got that right RRM). However, I have seen, that by doing that, it actually causes a high blood sugar, due to the slower metabolism of the sugar. BUt when the fat is lowered , the sugar is easily put into the cell where it belongs, avoiding any candida symptoms and high blood sugar. And you will be energized by fruit, instead of it causeing tirednes, which I felt with oil and OJ,
RRM
Administrator

Re: Fatty acids and insulin resistance

Post by RRM »

Christoph wrote:In my opinion, fat does slow sugar metabolizim, thats what Waidiet says, to eat fat with sugar to slow sugar absorption to avoid diabetes.(hope I got that right RRM)
1) Yes, fat slows down sugar uptake (a trickling instead of 'flow' effect),
2) If you use both dietary fat and dietary sugars for energy, the influence of dietary sugars is smaller compared to eating less fat and more sugars.
3) Blood fatty acids are required for storing excess blood sugar in adipose more easily,
because in adipose tissue, excess energy is stored as triglycerides; 1 molecule of glycerol + 3 fatty acids. So that a greater availability of fatty acids stimulates the uptake of excess glucose from the blood.
However, I have seen, that by doing that, it actually causes a high blood sugar, due to the slower metabolism of the sugar.
That doesnt make any sense.
Please explain.
BUt when the fat is lowered , the sugar is easily put into the cell where it belongs, avoiding any candida symptoms and high blood sugar.
What cells where it belongs?
The sugar is put Into glycogen or into glycerol > triglycerides?
How does fat hinder conversion of glucose into glycogen or glycerol?
And you will be energized by fruit, instead of it causeing tirednes, which I felt with oil and OJ,
Fruit sugars alone energizes you more than in combination with fat, yes.
Thats because without fat, your sugar intake will be greater (to get the same amount of energy).
A relatively high (within normal range) blood sugar makes you feel energized.
A relatively high (within normal range) blood fatty acid level does not make you feel energized.
The more sugar, the more energized you will feel, until the point that its really too much,
but that is a matter of how big your meals are, and not a matter of fat/ sugar ratio.