Fiber

About specific vitamines, minerals or fiber, for example
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Pro-/Anti-bacterial fiber?

Post by RRM »

So, the whole thing about some fiber being pro-bacterial and other fiber being anti-bacterial is pure speculation...
Rivera

Re: Fiber

Post by Rivera »

I often hear that too much fiber (over 30 g) is not good. But when I enter, for example, 12 bananas in the nutrient calculator it says almost 34 g of fiber. So it is bad too ?
dime

Post by dime »

Not sure if you realize but 34g is like two tablespoons. Not that much stuff really.
I guess it depends mostly on the microbiome in your gut on how you'll react to fiber.
Also there can be some nasty types of fiber, e.g. fiber in rice (or maybe it was in wheat, I can't find the study anywhere..) is like crystaline sharp glass which can make micro cuts in the intestines.
Rivera

Post by Rivera »

fiber in rice (or maybe it was in wheat, I can't find the study anywhere..) is like crystaline sharp glass which can make micro cuts in the intestines.
If you find it again, please tell me. I'm interested to know if it's white rice or wheat.

RRM, what do you think about this ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I have also read studies about specific fibers causing micro-cuts in the intestines.
It makes sense; if they cannot be digested, how can they pass the intestines without causing any damage at all?
Hence the 'stimulating effect' on your stool; the body wants to deport them as soon as possible.
panacea

Post by panacea »

Buteyko talks about the ability to digest a wider range of foods at higher CPs (higher CPs just mean your body is functioning in better condition - a 60-70 s cp would be like a cold weather olympic athlete).

At that stage you can digest all foods better, as well as some which are toxic to "sick" people (people in hospitals with low CPs, people with asthma symptoms, etc.)

You can also extract more nutrients from the same foods "sick people" eat, which makes since, stronger ph, more villi to absorb nutrients, more fibers converted to energy, less bacterial overgrowth (better bacteria balance) that doesn't eat up a lot of the nutrition, etc.

I'm currently relying on fiber as a means of feeding my GI tract to restore balanced bacteria, and it's probably natural that we eat fiber in the wild (through whole fruits or vegetation (if really hungry)). But if you can do without it and still have no soiling and perfect timing and frequency of bowel movements - then RRM is right, there is no point introducing more dry weight into your body than you have to.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

It is said high-fiber diet helps reducing inflammation. True or myth?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Myth, unless in comparison to worse diets.