Evolution and Diet

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
Christina
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Christina »

Weston Price also found healthy teeth and bodies among pacific islanders who lived on fruits, coconuts, fish and taro.
But I also wonder about the fruit and teeth since all fruitarians I've met had awfull teeth. But they tend to gorge on fruit, being starved for other nutrients. I always sip juice with a straw and rinse my mouth after most fruit. My teeth are very good and I've been on the diet for half a year. But that's still short, I know.
I really think, being happy and comfortable with a life rich in pleasures, as well as living and eating sustainably, in tune with your environment will make you most healthy. cheers to being unscientific. :P
If you're happy you will be more in tune with yourself and moderate because you are not using food for pleasure or punishment.
If I could choose, I wouldn't want to be a carnivore, like a tiger or lion. They seem edgy, moody,aggressive. Just not as nice as a rabbit or a coala bear. But I can be a bit sneaky and steal an egg or snatch a fish in a river and hit it over the head with a stone. But hell, I don't want to kill a cow!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thomas wrote:Weston Price proved that primitive tribes that had a large percentage of meat and fish in their diets had perfect teeth.
Cooking indeed destroys the connective tissue that gets stuck between our teeth.
The Savanah would not have been much different from the present savanah because we are bipedal. This was an adaptation to an open, hot environment.
Excuse me?
So, because we are bipedal, that proves the savanah was similar?
Do you really consider that proof?
johndela1 wrote:Wouldn't fruit damage your teeth more than meat if stuck in your teeth? I thought sugar fed bacteria that produced some damaging substances.
The fiber from fruits much more rapidly disintegrate than the connective tissue from meat.
Also, disintegrating animal remainders smell very bad.... (breath of cats and dogs, as opposed to the breath of cows and horses)
Biev

Post by Biev »

Thomas wrote:How much carbohydrate do you think would have been available to us?
Isn't this whole premise pointless? If you glance left and right and eat what's available, it doesn't mean that what you end up eating is optimal in any way v(' ')v