Cancer, sugar and vitamin B17

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
halfgaar
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by halfgaar »

Any research that is published on a .gov domain doesn't rank high in my book... I know it's not really an argument against what they're saying, but for me personally, it says enough. My source for these pits takes in large amounts of them, and recently more because he had a possible cancer, according to his doctor (which turned out to be false), and never got any cyanide poisoning or whatever. I've heard this second-hand, and I've been thinking of calling him to get the details of the story.

It's also possible that the woman in question, who took pills of concentrated B17, took a whole handful at once. Everything in large dosages is toxic. Beta-glucasidase exists in concentrations about 3000 times less than cancer cells, cyanide is released elsewhere, in very tiny amounts. If you take in enough, perhaps that could do something.

It could also be that the vitamin was not the natural product, and that some hydrogen cyanide was present in the pills.

Remember, apple pits contain it as well, and why would apple pits be toxic? Only westernized humans throw the pits away. All other animals eat them.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

halfgaar wrote: Remember, apple pits contain it as well, and why would apple pits be toxic? Only westernized humans throw the pits away. All other animals eat them.
To deter animals from eating them (that taste bitter). It is not in the best interest of the plant for its seeds to be eating and fully digested. Most animals end up basically spreading the seeds.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

The bitter taste doesn't deter our dogs. They love apricot seeds. But you're right in that a lot of seeds are spread, because they are eaten by animals. But I suppose it's possible that it was never meant that 0% of the seeds are digested; that part of them are not digested and can sprout a new plant, and that some of the contribute to the animal which ate them.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

BTW, a quote from one of the articles on worldwithoutcancer.org.uk:
There is no "free" hydrogen cyanide in Laetrile. (...) Laetrile does contain the cyanide radical (CN). This same cyanide radical is contained in Vitamin B12, and in berries such as blackberries, blueberries and strawberries. You never hear of anyone getting cyanide poisoning from B12 or any of the above-mentioned berries, because they do not. The cyanide radical (CW) and hydrogen cyanide (HCN) are two completely different compounds, just as pure sodium (Na+) - one of the most toxic substances known to mankind - and sodium chloride (NaCl), which is table salt, are two completely different compounds.