'vitamin' B17?

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
Kasper
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: 'vitamin' B17?

Post by Kasper »

Intresting thread, do you still eat those things halfgaar? How did it work out ?

I must say, I don't think there is any kid who likes apple seeds..
But on the other hand, I love bitter almonds, and I eat quite a lot of them.
I think most people like/love them. I think kids do too, but never tested it out.

I guess halfgaar would recommand me to eat them, but what do you think RRM?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I think that we dont need B17 for a good defense,
and we certainly dont need apple seeds / bitter almonds.
My defense is working perfectly ( i never ever had to call in sick even once).
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

But do you mean I don't need to eat bitter almonds, or do you mean that I better avoid them ?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

That you better avoid them.
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

I've been away, hence my late response.

I still eat them, yes, but just as precaution. I mean, I don't have cancer.

I am hearing from a guy that knows several people that got cured from cancer by eating those pits. I'm trying to get in contact with them.

One last thing; somewhere earlier in this discussion:
RRM wrote:Actually, those appleseeds need to be spread, to form new seeds. Not to be chewed and destroyed. And to get that done, they taste bitter and contain toxins, so that we dont chew them, and that they leave our body intact, so that they can originate a new appletree.
But that can be easily proven wrong, because, for example, hazelnut trees propagate by their seed, and their seed are edible. Worms, birds, humans, insects, etc it them. Just because seeds of a plant are needed to grow new offspring, it doesn't mean they can't be eaten.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

halfgaar wrote:
RRM wrote:Actually, those appleseeds need to be spread, to form new seeds. Not to be chewed and destroyed. And to get that done, they taste bitter and contain toxins, so that we dont chew them, and that they leave our body intact, so that they can originate a new appletree.
But that can be easily proven wrong, because, for example, hazelnut trees propagate by their seed, and their seed are edible. Worms, birds, humans, insects, etc it them. Just because seeds of a plant are needed to grow new offspring, it doesn't mean they can't be eaten.
What it means is that the chemical composition of those seeds is not made to be attractive,
but to be deterring for possible consumers.
And I was talking about apple seeds btw; not hazelnuts.
The seeds of every different fruit are part of a different tactic.
But generally speaking, the plant will try to protect those seeds against its most common natural enemies.
To what extend those seeds contain (more or less mild-) toxins, depends on many things, such as:

- how many seeds are there (is it disastrous if many seeds are consumed)
- what kind of organisms need to be deterred? (worms, birds, bigger animals?)
- how big is the risk of its seeds being consumed (how well are they protected)
- the spreader of the seeds must not be deterred from eating the fruit (toxin must not be too aggressive)
etc etc
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

Today, I eat some Almond paste (amandelspijs).

And I've got to say, I find almonds to have something special.
I don't know what it is, but I have always since a kid I have had some cravings for those almonds stuff (Marzipan, almond paste) we in holland eat at christmas.
You know sweet things are of course always nice, but I've to some extend the same experience eating bitter almonds just raw.
I think that through the heat (to destroy ingestible parts, enzymes etc.) and the added sugar, it's even more appealing.

It might be this vitamin B17, or it might be something else. But I've the feeling that my body find something to be special about this nut.

Any idea about this RRM?
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

BTW. I've been in contact with a guy who, because of his convictions about B17, now has promoted B17 to dozens of cancer patients, and a lot of them are miraculously cured. I'm investigating this further.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Keep us posted.
dandate2

Post by dandate2 »

some people eat razors and nails or stare at the sun without flinching. so what mind believes body does.
panacea

Post by panacea »

Can someone give me a link or explanation of how Laetrile/B17 cancer treatment is supposed to work? The only two cancer cures I know of that work both have to do with increasing oxygen in cells, is this similar to that?
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

No, it is not similar. You could go to: http://worldwithoutcancer.org.uk/

It works on the basis that B17 (Amygdalin) is an inert poison, which is made active by the enzyme beta-glucosidase, which is present in large amounts in cancer cells.