B5 + B3 Topical

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
Jodiat
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

B5 + B3 Topical

Post by Jodiat »

Ive done some reading into b5 and b3 topically and was thinking of crushing up 2g of each into some Rose water and useing this after cleansing after a shower.
I dont find that any moisturisers that work well for me and ive tried many. Any ideas?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Why would you want to do that?
What are the effects?
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

B3

I had read the study conducted by Shalita, Smith, Parish, Sofman and Chalker (1995) in the International Journal of Dermatalogy, that claimed that a 4% application of niacinimide was more effective than 1% clindamycin acne formula.
It seems to work for a lot of people with acne and the US now need a perscription to buy it.

B5

I read about it internally and didnt realised some people use it topically. I dont want to do b5 internally but externally might help.

Also whats your view on exfoliating or using clay masks?
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

The advice we give to everybody regarding other acne treatments is this:
Stop using all other treatments, as they might influence your skin positively
or adversely, and in both cases you dont know who to praise/blame;
the diet or the other treatment.
So, if you really want to give this diet a fair chance,
dont use ANY other treatment.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Sure, good point - but we can still talk about it.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ok, but then i will move this thread to a different forum....

>>>>>>
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Cool thanks.

RRM I remember you saying in one post that your sure that rose water would not cause acne (for some women I think).

I used 2.5% BP cream for a few years and since I stopped all I ever do to my skin is cleanse it...if I have a cleanser that is, in fact I havent cleaned my face all year other then with tap water. Im not sure on the idea of using things on my face but my doctor gave me 5%BP and 1% clam (somthing, a type of antibiotic). I wasnt going to use it and read some stuff about b3 mainly helping alot of people with acne with alot of sucess.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Jodiat wrote:RRM I remember you saying in one post that your sure that rose water would not cause acne (for some women I think).
Yes.
read some stuff about b3 mainly helping alot of people with acne with alot of sucess.
Sure, there are lots of treatments with lots of success reported.
But do they really totally clear your skin?
And prevent new pimples?
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Yeh its true once stopped the topical shows its only masking things.
summerwave

topical B5

Post by summerwave »

I have used topical B5 along with the Wai diet.

It was very effective (the combination, even when the diet wasn't going well for reasons having to do not with it, but my body's illness) and the best I can say is that rather than the megadoses of B5, which I think are dangerous, one should if tempted to use it do so topically. I am sure RRM will disagree about which is more dangerous! :lol:

-but rather than the extreme supplementation with it, I would still say just put it on your skin if you MUST experiment with B5 at all. (it is usually sold as a gel with almost no other harmful excipients, though if it is in alcohol that is reason enough for it to get excluded from Wai)...
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Interesting, was there any redness, drying or peeling? I only ever used BP years ago and paid the price with that.

I have powedered B3 and B5 around - sometimes I take a b3 before a workout which has helped alot for my skin. The b5 is my girlfriends - she megadosed on it before accutane. I never did try b5 megadosing tho. I did read alot of people who do b5 topical use .5-1.5g of b5 internally instead and get the same or better results.
summerwave

B5

Post by summerwave »

In my experiments, B5 worked beautifully topically, and azelaic acid worked well for rosacea. Every other acid or topical worked horrors on the skin. I did not use any prescriptions though (Accutane; prescription retinoids)- just nonprescription versions of several recommended paths.

The worst: benzoyl peroxide hampers the healing process of the skin the most. It's very harmful. One can get buried 'damage' from it -- a crazy-quilt of texture in the skin if you look very, very closely-- because some healthy skin can form on top but the basic healed structure is so damaged/partly-compromised. Megadosing on B5 seems dangerous (it gives a laxative effect as one of the side effects I have read; I didn't try it).
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

This is nice to hear and I might give either b5 or b3 a try next week or so.

Low % BP cream can be useful in one situation and thats with black heads (which I get often in the pores of the nose). Using a mild AHA and a 2.5% BP cream on my nose every so often is the only treatment other then diet that will clear these every time.

I wouldnt use BP daily again - I got clumps of dead skin where ever I used it!