Naturopathic suggestions

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
thefourth
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Naturopathic suggestions

Post by thefourth »

I finaly saw a naturopath today, and she had quite a bit to say about my problems. She definately acknowledged that certain things were wrong with my body due to various possible factors and recomended certain supplements to be taken temporarily. I'm glad it is temporarily indeed rather than continuously as many of the drugs I had been on (and quit regardless of what my 'normal' doctor said) were, and therefore I agreed to take them. She also suggested to eliminate certain foods from my diet due to a sensitivty to them and inflamation throughout my body. Wheat and dairy products are the focus (wheat more so than dairy), which follows along with this diet, and I was planning to exclude these anyway. I asked her about this diet, and it all was ok to her except for the 5 raw eggs or fish every day. She said raw eggs would be fine 1-2x a week, and suggested other sources of protein instead. Part of this reasoning was that I showed some possible sensitivity to eggs, and part was the bacteria in the eggs; other than those, it didn't seem she had much of an arguement agaisnt it (she mentioned it was a lot of animal food for a raw diet though). Is it likely that I would have a sensitivity to eggs? If so, how bad could eating 5 eggs raw a day be for me?

Anyway, I'd like to hear everybody's thoughts on some of the suggestions presented.

Here are the supplements she game me (all temporary):
- A probiotic suplement derived from vegetables to get my intestines in a
healthier state after having been on antibiotics off and on over the past
6 or 7 years.
- A high dose (5000 mcg daily) of B12 due to a possible lack of absorption
caused by some intestinal inflamation.
-Noctigem
-Immunogen

I am also having a blood test to determine exactly which diet sensitivites I have, and will take a vitamine D supplement for a period if the tests show I am low in that.

Thanks!
RRM
Administrator

Re: Naturopathic suggestions

Post by RRM »

thefourth wrote:I asked her about this diet, and it all was ok to her except for the 5 raw eggs or fish every day. She said raw eggs would be fine 1-2x a week, and suggested other sources of protein instead. Part of this reasoning was that I showed some possible sensitivity to eggs, and part was the bacteria in the eggs
So, for one part she believes that the bacteria in raw eggs are dangerous for us, right?
Does she think its possible that a regular intake of those bacteria strengthen your defense?
Or does she believe its better to take 'sterile foods' as they are not dangerous?
Does she believe that taking in little bacteria might weaken your defense?

What kind of signs of 'possible sensitivity' did she see?
(as in elevated / decreased levels of...)
she mentioned it was a lot of animal food for a raw diet though
5 egg yolks a lot of animal food?
Compared to (mostly vegan) raw food diets, yes.
Compared to more 'normal' diets its actually a low intake of animal food.
I hope she is aware of that...
Is it likely that I would have a sensitivity to eggs?
Sure, its possible.
Its impossible to tell how likely that is.
I would really like to know what kind of sensitivity she is talking about,
and how she comes to that diagnosis (by what markers)
If so, how bad could eating 5 eggs raw a day be for me?
That depends on your 'possible sensitivity'.
So, let us first get to know more about that.
A probiotic suplement derived from vegetables to get my intestines in a healthier state after having been on antibiotics off and on over the past 6 or 7 years.
Probiotics derived from vegetables???
Or does she mean antioxidants, plantsterols etc?
A high dose (5000 mcg daily) of B12 due to a possible lack of absorption caused by some intestinal inflamation.
Wait a second....
"possible lack of B12"???
Its either a lack, or not a lack.
You dont subscribe something for a "possible lack".
Noctigem
"possesses the calming properties of the flower, as well as the cleansing function of the underside of the bark".
"Together with that of the Fig which has profound effect on the nervous system as a whole".

So, basically, she is prescribing you plant drugs without having come to a proper diagnosis first?
Immunogen
Wiki: "Antigens that do provoke the immune response are ”immunogens."

So, the 'immunogens' in raw egg yolks are not good,
but prescribed immunogens are good?
thefourth

Post by thefourth »

So, for one part she believes that the bacteria in raw eggs are dangerous for us, right?
Yes, she specifically suggested the chance of getting salmonelosis, which I have not experienced yet when I began on this diet. So she sees them as dangerous.
Does she think its possible that a regular intake of those bacteria strengthen your defense?
This makes sense to me... it's a similar, yet more healthy, idea to that of vaccinations. I didn't get her thoughts on it, but I will make sure to ask next time I see her.
Or does she believe its better to take 'sterile foods' as they are not dangerous?

I will ask next time I see her, but with "little" do you mean too small of an amount of bacteria? Or are you calling the bacteria little? :lol:
What kind of signs of 'possible sensitivity' did she see?
(as in elevated / decreased levels of...)
I'll ask to know exactly, but she mentioned this during the same test as the sensitivity for gluten and dairy... also if we do the blood tests, it will show much more clearly.
5 egg yolks a lot of animal food?
Compared to (mostly vegan) raw food diets, yes.
Compared to more 'normal' diets its actually a low intake of animal food.
I hope she is aware of that...

Yeah, I think her idea of raw is vegan...
Probiotics derived from vegetables???
Or does she mean antioxidants, plantsterols etc?
I miswrote... it just says "vegetarian supplement" so no animal products. It's called "HMF Intensive"... Probiotics are bacteria right?
Wait a second....
"possible lack of B12"???
Its either a lack, or not a lack.
You dont subscribe something for a "possible lack".
Possible lack due to intestinal inflamation... I guess she figures even if I don't have a lack, it shouldn't hurt...
So, basically, she is prescribing you plant drugs without having come to a proper diagnosis first?
She said it may help my sleep troubles, but she didn't diagnose a reason for my sleep troubles... could be due to depression or my current diet (I haven't been raw for various reasons, but I really am wanting to get back to it.) I find myself thinking about a million things when I should be sleeping and then when I do fall asleep, I wake several times between 3 and 7 am.
Wiki: "Antigens that do provoke the immune response are ”immunogens."

So, the 'immunogens' in raw egg yolks are not good,
but prescribed immunogens are good?
Very true... I will bring this up

Actually, instead of waiting to see her again... I can email her, so I will do this shortly.
Iris

Post by Iris »

thefourth wrote:

I will ask next time I see her, but with "little" do you mean too small of an amount of bacteria? Or are you calling the bacteria little? :lol:
:mrgreen: :lol: sorry, I can't help myself

I'm sure he means a little amount :wink:
thefourth

Post by thefourth »

hehe... I'm sure he does too, but it doesn't hurt to make sure :P
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

he he :D
Thank you Iris.

The Fourth,

Did you read this page?
http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/13/index.html

and did you try eating raw egg yolks at night?
thefourth

Post by thefourth »

RRM wrote: Did you read this page?
http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/13/index.html

and did you try eating raw egg yolks at night?
Yes and yes, but not for long enough... should I send my ND to take a loop at this site? Or is this site too much based on nature-cult-like ideals as my father suggests...? :roll:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Define "nature-cult" ;)
I think olive oil can hardly be called a nature-called-like idea.
thefourth

Post by thefourth »

Oscar wrote:Define "nature-cult" ;)
I think olive oil can hardly be called a nature-called-like idea.
Hee hee, I'm not sure why he thought that... me mentioned the drawings being kind of "cult religios stuff" or something. I don't very much agree, but if this is the cult, all the better... I've always wanted to be in a cult that wasn't based on a single diety religion... :wink:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

thefourth wrote:should I send my ND to take a loop at this site?
For what purpose?
Most of the stuff here does not apply to 'your specific condition',
so why discuss matters that are of no concern regarding 'your condition'?
(it would only complicate communications between you and her)
Why not just stick to that what does matter to you?
Such as the bacteria in egg yolks that activate your immune system and so on.
And for that, you dont need this site, just some of the info.
thefourth

Post by thefourth »

RRM wrote:
For what purpose?
Most of the stuff here does not apply to 'your specific condition',
so why discuss matters that are of no concern regarding 'your condition'?
(it would only complicate communications between you and her)
Why not just stick to that what does matter to you?
Such as the bacteria in egg yolks that activate your immune system and so on.
And for that, you dont need this site, just some of the info.
Oh, I was just thinking she could reas some of the logic behind this diet and then give me her oppinion.

And which 'specific condition' are you refering too? I have several 'specific conditions' and gaining a better overall health, should help these at least somewhat I would think. Some conditions may need more than just becoming as healthy as I can through exersize and diet, but for those, I will seek counsel of many. It could be that mere sinus congestion that I haven't noticed very much is causing my ear troubles. I do not know, it was suggested certain deficiencies may be causeing it as well.

I think I am going to start this diet full again soon, because it would be easier then what I am doing now... and much healthier
Iris

Post by Iris »

I was just thinking she could reas some of the logic behind this diet and then give me her oppinion.
Is there something specific you doubt about that makes you want her opinion about this diet?
thefourth

Post by thefourth »

Iris wrote:
Is there something specific you doubt about that makes you want her opinion about this diet?
Not really, only her mention of the possible egg sensitivity... which I need to ask her more about. I didn't feel any 'worse' when I started doing more raw eggs before though.

I just really dig cooked food :? Most of the diets I've tried in the past have ended poorly (binging on anything and everything that was not allowed in the diet) so sticking to this one will undoubtedly be hard for me. Anyone have mental tips to help me really stick to this? I think munch food would best be avoided entirely in my case, because I would likely end up overeating that.
Iris

Post by Iris »

yes, you'd best avoid all processed foods. What helps a lot in your case, is egg yolks. Really, they are an enormous help fighting the cravings. Yolks provide you with serotonin, which will make you feel much happier. It helps get rid of depressions (and yes, I have experience with this :wink:), and makes you sleep better.

Salmonella, like RRM said, is not something you have to worry about when you let your body get used to it carefully. Your defense system gets perfectly trained when you consume yolks regularly. So even if your eggs are "contaminated" with salmonella, it won't make you sick. In the worst case, it will make your bowels move (because your body wants to get rid of bad foods as quick as possible). Just make sure to start carefully (one teaspoon at a time). When you do that, you'll be fine.

I know where you're coming from. Cooked foods have the same effect on me. So I speak from experience, unfortunately :wink:
There are a few things that are extremely important for you. I have mentioned yolks and lack of processed foods. But also always make sure to ingest enough energy. If you not, you are making this diet almost impossible for yourself to maintain. Furthermore, eating enough fruit also helps with sleeping problems and depressions.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

This diet is even harder to maintain if you dont have a very specific reason or motivation,
like acne, cellulite or overweight.
With a motivation like that, its easier, particularly when its acne,
as you get 'punished' virtually every single time you deviate from the diet.
So, i really admire people those people who are able to do this diet
without such a 'direct motivation'.

I think its important to not be harsh on yourself.
Be open to the possibility (probability) that you will stray from the diet.
and be in peace with that.
If it happens, it happens.
And you can always start this diet again.
no big deal.
Every day that you are on this diet is already a victory,
and a blessing for your body.
So, you can just celebrate that, and see what else the future brings you.
TheFourth wrote:which 'specific condition' are you refering too?
Just yours.
I was just trying to say that there is so much info here, that its sometimes hard to find that what relates to you.
Who (what) ever you are, and whatever your conditions,
the info on these sites can never all apply to you,
as lots of info is about specific diseases.