Probiotics

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
halfgaar
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by halfgaar »

Drink lukewarm water with lemon juice and cold pressed honey to help with a infection/cold.
To dig up this old thread; why is cold pressed honey good to fight infections?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

No idea. Where is the quote from?
halfgaar

Post by halfgaar »

No idea. Where is the quote from?
This thread, previous page. A post by Christina.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'll leave it to Christina to answer then. :)
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Biev wrote: Come to think of it, I don't see how homemade mayonnaise with whey from a yogurt with active cultures (so basically just the bacteria, and not the milk) would be against the wai diet (plus it would help it preserve longer). I think kefir made from homemade coconut milk wouldn't be against the diet either...
Can anyone verify this? I'd be mostly interested in order to make things like mayonnaise (and possibly spaghetti sauce) last longer.

But isn't whey high protein?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, whey is high in protein.
'Kefir' from home made coconut milk would be ok.
Last edited by RRM on Fri 16 Apr 2010 17:17, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So a theory I (actually someone else) has is that my dry eyes/mouth/skin shedding on the side of the nose could be from an imbalance of bacteria in my gut. Apparently my dad has the same problem, and the doctor gave him acidophilus, which I looked up and is actually a compilation of many bacterias. I know you were saying the body knows best about what balance we need in our gut, but if that was the case for everyone, how could candida exist? Could it be possible that someone external factor in the past had thrown off by bacterial balance?

My response was that I must have a decent assortment of bacteria to be able to eat 7 raw eggs and a raw salmon, and not even have to worry about freshness.

Anyway, my mom bought this acidophilus for me dad, and he doesn't take it (because he's lazy or something, not sure why exactly). What could be the possible detrimental/beneficial effects of taking it? Is it possible what I was considering to be either an auto-immune disorder, or an intolerance t toxicity, is actually a bacterial imbalance? (my mom mentioned Candida, which I know little about).
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:So a theory I (actually someone else) has is that my dry eyes/mouth/skin shedding on the side of the nose could be from an imbalance of bacteria in my gut.
Which ones?
There are over 400 known bacteria in your gut.
Apparently my dad has the same problem, and the doctor gave him acidophilus, which I looked up and is actually a compilation of many bacterias.
So, how did the Dr know what bacteria were overrepresented,
and what bacteria were underrepresented?
I know you were saying the body knows best about what balance we need in our gut, but if that was the case for everyone, how could candida exist?
Candida is caused in a situation when the immune system was thrown off balance, so that your defense could not respond properly.
This is often caused by antibiotics or other medications, or by another disease, such as AIDS or cancer.
If your defense system is functioning properly, candida stands no chance.
Could it be possible that someone external factor in the past had thrown off by bacterial balance?
Yes, a break down of your defense in the past might have resulted in a bacterial imbalance.
My response was that I must have a decent assortment of bacteria to be able to eat 7 raw eggs and a raw salmon, and not even have to worry about freshness.
Yes, your defense is obviously doing ok.
What could be the possible detrimental/beneficial effects of taking it?
It might be what he needs, but if thats the case, then there is something wrong in his body.
It might not be what he needs, and make it worse, or do nothing.
Is it possible what I was considering to be either an auto-immune disorder, or an intolerance t toxicity, is actually a bacterial imbalance? (my mom mentioned Candida, which I know little about).
Are you taking about the dry patches now?
Yes, they might be the result of a yeast.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Could pro-biotics possibly help (me with) the yeast?
I dont see how.
Wouldn't eating egg-yolks have the same negative affects a probiotic would? Putting bacteria into your stomach and hoping your body will adjust appropriately?
I didnt say they have negative effects.
Probiotics contain cultured 'good' bacteria, also produced by the human body.
Egg yolks contain trace amounts of 'bad' bacteria, not produced by the human body.
You dont pay money for the bacteria in egg yolks; you pay for the nutrients in egg yolks and the bacteria will certainly train your defense for free.
You pay money for the cultured bacteria in probiotics; buying something that your body does for free.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Its is very interesting. Ive had 1 and a half colds in 5 years since eating well/crazy/different/mad (so people say) and I would easily get 2-3 per year before while growing up which was in my opinion due to being on antibiotics for 5 years. Probiotics really did/do help me and even tho the wai diet can address this with buying Organic I cant afford this everytime.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Jodiat wrote: Ive had 1 and a half colds in 5 years since eating well/crazy/different/mad (so people say) and I would easily get 2-3 per year before while growing up which was in my opinion due to being on antibiotics for 5 years.
It certainly was; antibiotics are known to weaken your defense.
Probiotics really did/do help me
You dont know that.
You stopped talking antibiotics, right?
Thats what helped you the most.
Probiotics cannot make the bacteria in your colon more balanced than your body can.
So, you should always leave that up to your body
(after having eliminated cooked foods etc, of course)
and even tho the wai diet can address this with buying Organic I cant afford this everytime.
buying organic?
Thats has nothing to do with your defense strengthening / weakening.
Its about ingesting as little toxins from cooked foods.
And peel all fruits.
Getting enough sleep also is an extreme powerful tool.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

Yea I stopped them long ago. Sure stopping them was the major difference but I still think probiotics helped me and had great results with them.

I agree sleep is major to almost all levels of vitaility.

I cant fully agree with the organic comment. Surely you could agree if we had two humans eating the same diet but the differnece was one eating organic vs non organic food grown in with typical NPK fertilizer there would be a difference in health and the superior would be the organic subject? No?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Jodiat wrote: still think probiotics helped me and had great results with them.
You can only know if you keep everything the same for a while,
while only experimenting with probiotic intake,
and if the results are measurable in some way.
Are you still taking them?
I cant fully agree with the organic comment. Surely you could agree if we had two humans eating the same diet but the differnece was one eating organic vs non organic food grown in with typical NPK fertilizer there would be a difference in health and the superior would be the organic subject? No?
That depends on the kind of pesticides used, and on what fruits,
as the peel of fruits is designed to keep bad stuff outside.
Virtually all the residues will be on the peel.
Maybe one would not be able to distinguish any differences between the two.
Probably the soil conditions (high in specific metals etc) would have a much greater impact.
Jodiat

Post by Jodiat »

I dont take them any more I used Primal defence from Health from the sun and took 3 per day for around 3 years. Less colds, better digestion of poor food and easy bowel visits where some positives I found.

I agree the difference would be minimal between the two.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Jodiat wrote:I dont take them any more I used Primal defence from Health from the sun and took 3 per day for around 3 years. Less colds, better digestion of poor food and easy bowel visits where some positives I found.
That was after you stopped taking the antibiotics, right?
Hence the improvement.