Gamma Oryzanol

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
slea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Gamma Oryzanol

Post by slea »

RRM,

First, I didn't know where to post this, so I am putting it here, since it is not Wai recommended! :)

Have you heard any thing regarding rice bran oil? My husband is considering using it. I have been following Wai for several years now and know you don't recommend seed oils, so I wanted to see your comments so I can talk to him about it. It's supposed to help raise test levels and lower bad cholesterol. He has been having trouble losing abdominal fat. He did Wai for 7 months, but felt he lost too much muscle. He did have lean abdominals though. He started out at 185 and ended up at 165. He now weighs 210. At the time he had a job at a health food store and had access to all the raw foods he needed, now he works a job that he can't get the things he needs to stay raw. Here is a link to the product:

http://www.drugs.com/npc/gamma-oryzanol.html

Thanks, RRM

Stacy
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Gamma Oryzanol

Post by Oscar »

I have a question: Why exactly does he want to use it? I'm not sure I understand what 'raise test levels' means.
slea

Post by slea »

Hi Oscar,

He wants to use it to raise his testerone levels. He thinks it will help him lose abdominal fat if his testosterone levels are higher. Thanks!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Wouldn't it be easier to 'just' eat small meals with sufficient fats?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

slea wrote:It's supposed to help raise test levels and lower bad cholesterol.
Low-density lipoprotein (LDL) is considered "bad cholesterol" in medical circles.
That is because this protein carrier is more often associated with vascular disease thatn its counterpart, HDL,
which is because LDL more often transports oxidized cholesterol, than HDL does,
LDL and HDL, however, are just transport proteins that transport all kinds of substances, including cholesterol.
Its ridiculous to label LDL as bad, just because its somehow better equiped to transport oxidized cholesterol.
Its an essential transport molecule.
To hinder its activity is therefore harmful.
So that one should never chose to lower LDL actively, by consuming something that contains extremely high levels of gamma-oryzanol
He has been having trouble losing abdominal fat. He did Wai for 7 months, but felt he lost too much muscle. He did have lean abdominals though.
So, he succeeded, but he lost weight so fast that he also lost a lot of muscle weight.
Then he should do it again, but this time slower, so that its more easy to control your weight.
He might also consume relatively much protein, as that makes it easier to save more muscle tissue.
But now he wants a short cut instead? (his current job conditions are just an excuse, you know that)
There are no short cuts in life; everybody has to walk the walk.