The Appendix, Candida & Coconut oil remedy

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
djkvan
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

The Appendix, Candida & Coconut oil remedy

Post by djkvan »

Recent research indicates that the appendix houses reserves intestinal flora, which can be used to repopulate the gut following illness (e.g. candida) or ever diarrhea, kinda like an intestinal version of adam and eve. I have heard that "death begins in the colon". So what happens if death doesn't begin at all?
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
RRM
Administrator

Re: The Appendix and Candida

Post by RRM »

djkvan wrote:Recent research indicates that the appendix houses reserves intestinal flora, which can be used to repopulate the gut following illness (e.g. candida) or ever diarrhea
This certainly makes sense to me.
waipete

Post by waipete »

Can pro-biotics help candida?
I remember before I started accutane I would have a sneezing fit all day (it was hell) about every other day and perfume would aggravate me, cigarette smoke made me sneeze, moisture would aggravate my skin making it red and itchy, born with eczema (was worse as a kid, symptoms descended as a grew older), pretty much been this way all 22 years of my life and the symptoms peaked at 22. Well that's when I started accutane, began a vigorous exercise routine, heard pro-biotics were healthy so I started taking them for 60 days, and cleaned my house of all molds and ate a diet of cooked fish, cooked eggs and, fruits and little vegetables, with no salt (fish had salt added) and no sugar, days after these things happened the symptoms faded away, until 3 months later I noticed it, and was amazed. I don't know what to blame for the cure but now days I live around mold, I can handle the smell of perfumes, cigarette smell doesn't make me sneeze, my skin never gets itchy after a shower. Did I have candida back then, can I still have it today? did pro-biotics help me out? too much factors to pinpoint. I never knew I had candida and now I highly suspect I did, looking back it would seem so. Im confused.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

I had eczema as a child too (bad on the hands) with symptoms fading as I grew older. I now have about four different types of psoriasis (who doesn't have psoriasis by forty though, LOL), which persisted throughout my Wai dieting. I don't know if you had candida or not but I found that once I started drinking beer again I developed a nasal yeast infection (bad odor, small polyp at entrance) and bowel issues. I thought beer was the cause until I realized that I would also have snacks while drinking a few beer. The snacks were corn/potato based, and once eliminated the infection cleared. I can still drink beer without issue, but cannot tolerate fruit/potato/corn. Even plums and carrots (low-sugar) cause me mild headaches. Maybe you had some kind of food sensitivity. If that was the case you would have had undigested carb/protein reaching the lower bowel leading to floral imbalances (gas in the small intestine is often a dead giveaway that this is happening) as one group of bacteria or yeast gets more food supply. Perhaps your dietary adjustment cleared things up. I have read that food sensitivity can open the door for mold, dust, smoke, pollen allergies to develop as the body's immune system becomes weakened and more suceptible to these. It is rare that it will happen the other way around. I am a smoker and know that I am mildly allergic to tobacco (cold feet, swelling under eyes, swollen veins, headache and itchy rectum as soon as I have a cigarette). I also cannot tolerate potato (same botanical family). The body is weird and everyone is different. It sounds like you are doing much better. Good luck!

The issue of probiotics is uncertain. Some suggest that they are flushed from the body within 24 hours, so what you wind up with is expensive bowel movements, just as supplements which can be poorly absorbed are largely excreted in the urine. If they make you feel better perhaps they are benefiting you; perhaps the effect is placebo. The truth of the matter is that our inner workings especially those of the small intestine are largely hidden from us and difficult if not impossible to study real-time. Sorry I can't be of more assistance.
dime

Post by dime »

Have you heard of "coconut oil detox"? Supposedly you'll get rid of candida in three days. But it induces a really strong detox due to the massive die-off, so I'd be careful.

EDIT by RRM
Later, after having tried the "coconut oil detox", Dime wrote:
dime wrote:I still can't eat coconut oil or even just think about eating it without my stomach turning around, ever since this "coconut oil detox".. I guess my system really remembered it as something bad. Too much of anything is bad.

So warning to people: don't try this detox just for fun.
/EDIT by RRM
dandate2

Post by dandate2 »

i just tried the coconut oil detox and it really works!

day 1 was marked by intense forearm and calf pain. day 2 was accompanied by chronic near hospitalizing stomach, lowerback, and intestinal pain. as well as fungal lesion/blisters breaking out all over my skin. now im on day 3 and drinking coconut oil provides no ill effect at all.

but day 2 was seriously painful
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dandate2 wrote:i just tried the coconut oil detox and it really works!
How do you know?
Is your candida gone?
panacea

Post by panacea »

I'll be trying this out as soon as the coconut oil arrives in the mail and let you know how it goes. I'll be consuming nothing but coconut oil and water for 3 days. If my tongue is clear finally (it would be the first time in 2 years) then I'd give it some credit.

The way it's supposed to work, is it flushes out your bowels, giving nothing for candida to feed on, but also gives your body some energy to get through it better. The candida is then 'starved' for 3 days, so that hopefully the overgrowth/excess population of candida dies off, and once you start eating normally again hopefully the other bacteria has had a chance to catch up, or atleast all the bacteria are on relatively equal levels and it's a more fair competition for space, or whatever. We'll see.

I would be really happy to see if someone who was healthy, and didn't have any signs of candida, would try to take nothing but coconut oil for a day, and see if they have the 'detox' symptoms as that would suggest something..
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

panacea wrote:I'll be trying this out as soon as the coconut oil arrives in the mail and let you know how it goes.
Wow, thats great!
I would be really happy to see if someone who was healthy, and didn't have any signs of candida, would try to take nothing but coconut oil for a day, and see if they have the 'detox' symptoms as that would suggest something..
Ehrr, you are right, that would be valuable,
but its not going to be me...
Anyone else? ;D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

djkvan

Post by djkvan »

dandate2 wrote:i just tried the coconut oil detox and it really works!

day 1 was marked by intense forearm and calf pain. day 2 was accompanied by chronic near hospitalizing stomach, lowerback, and intestinal pain. as well as fungal lesion/blisters breaking out all over my skin. now im on day 3 and drinking coconut oil provides no ill effect at all.

but day 2 was seriously painful
How do you know these lesions were fungal? Were they vesicles (i.e. small blister-like eruptions with clear fluid inside)? I get those after eating eggs (everywhere, but more concentrated on palms and ankles as well as white psoriasis plaques on knees and elbows). It may also be that you are sensitive to coconut oil. If this is the case the body would have a gradually increasing reaction until all available and applicable antibodies are occupied, at which point it would seem like everything is fine. For instance when I smoke cigarettes (I am sensitive to tobacco), the more I have the better I feel. Perhaps the only way to know if this is the case is to eliminate coconut oil for a couple of weeks while maintaining a low-carb (i.e. candida) diet and then reintroduce it. In theory a low-carb diet should eliminate the candida after a couple of weeks. If you respond to the coconut oil again after this process I would bet that you are sensitive to it as the candida shouldn't factor into a reaction.
dandate2

Post by dandate2 »

herpes like scabs. definitely got over candida in 3 days of oil. i was drinking 14 tablespoons a day and felt awful the first few days. now i drink 14 tablespoons every day and feel fine. heres from the coconut research center:
Kills viruses that cause influenza, herpes, measles, hepatitis C, SARS, AIDS, and other illnesses.
Kills bacteria that cause ulcers, throat infections, urinary tract infections, gum disease and cavities, pneumonia, and gonorrhea, and other diseases.
Kills fungi and yeasts that cause candidiasis, ringworm, athlete's foot, thrush, diaper rash, and other infections.
Expels or kills tapeworms, lice, giardia, and other parasites.
Provides a nutritional source of quick energy.
Boosts energy and endurance, enhancing physical and athletic performance.
Improves digestion and absorption of other nutrients including vitamins, minerals, and amino acids.
Improves insulin secretion and utilization of blood glucose.
Relieves stress on pancreas and enzyme systems of the body.
Reduces symptoms associated with pancreatitis.
Helps relieve symptoms and reduce health risks associated with diabetes.
Reduces problems associated with malabsorption syndrome and cystic fibrosis.
Improves calcium and magnesium absorption and supports the development of strong bones and teeth.
Helps protect against osteoporosis.
Helps relieve symptoms associated with gallbladder disease.
Relieves symptoms associated with Crohn's disease, ulcerative colitis, and stomach ulcers.
Improves digestion and bowel function.
Relieves pain and irritation caused by hemorrhoids.
Reduces inflammation.
Supports tissue healing and repair.
Supports and aids immune system function.
Helps protect the body from breast, colon, and other cancers.
Is heart healthy; improves cholesterol ratio reducing risk of heart disease.
Protects arteries from injury that causes atherosclerosis and thus protects against heart disease.
Helps prevent periodontal disease and tooth decay.
Functions as a protective antioxidant.
Helps to protect the body from harmful free radicals that promote premature aging and degenerative disease.
Does not deplete the body's antioxidant reserves like other oils do.
Improves utilization of essential fatty acids and protects them from oxidation.
Helps relieve symptoms associated with chronic fatigue syndrome.
Relieves symptoms associated with benign prostatic hyperplasia (prostate enlargement).
Reduces epileptic seizures.
Helps protect against kidney disease and bladder infections.
Dissolves kidney stones.
Helps prevent liver disease.
Is lower in calories than all other fats.
Supports thyroid function.
Promotes loss of excess weight by increasing metabolic rate.
Is utilized by the body to produce energy in preference to being stored as body fat like other dietary fats.
Helps prevent obesity and overweight problems.
Applied topically helps to form a chemical barrier on the skin to ward of infection.
Reduces symptoms associated the psoriasis, eczema, and dermatitis.
Supports the natural chemical balance of the skin.
Softens skin and helps relieve dryness and flaking.
Prevents wrinkles, sagging skin, and age spots.
Promotes healthy looking hair and complexion.
Provides protection from damaging effects of ultraviolet radiation from the sun.
Helps control dandruff.
Does not form harmful by-products when heated to normal cooking temperature like other vegetable oils do.
Has no harmful or discomforting side effects.
Is completely non-toxic to humans.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

:shock:
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

:lol:
dandate2 wrote:definitely got over candida in 3 days of oil.
How can you be so sure?
dandate2

Re: The Appendix, Candida & Coconut oil remedie

Post by dandate2 »

no more detoxification symptoms when i guzzle the oil ! :D

but the 1st day was harsh and the 2nd day i nearly felt the need to be hospitalized