moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: The Appendix, Candida & Coconut oil remedie

Post by RRM »

dandate2 wrote:
RRM wrote:
dandate2 wrote:definitely got over candida in 3 days of oil.
How can you be so sure?
no more detoxification symptoms when i guzzle the oil ! :D
That does not necessarily mean that the candida is gone...
Can't you do a test?
panacea

Post by panacea »

there's no test for candida since we all have it 24/7
if we didn't we would be dead
the only way to tell if you have candida overgrowth is by symptoms
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

panacea wrote:there's no test for candida since we all have it 24/7
Im pretty sure that he means candida overgrowth
the only way to tell if you have candida overgrowth is by symptoms
He actually said: "no more detoxification symptoms".
How about the candida spit test? (stringy saliva lines, cloudy water)
panacea

Post by panacea »

I knew he meant candida overgrowth and no there is not, none that are accurate. of course they have superstitious folk tests and the medical profession has tests I'm sure, not that they're accurate
panacea

Post by panacea »

The “Candida spit test” was invented by a multi-million dollar corporation called Global Health Trax Inc. that sells a product called ThreeLac,…… Of course, nearly everyone’s spit “does something” in a glass of water. Spit, without its bubbles is often heavier than water, so, naturally, it will eventually sink, making threads or causing a cloudy mess. GHT advises to buy their ThreeLac when that happens. One problem with the spit test is that a significant percentage of people who don’t have Candida test “positive”. A much bigger problem is that a significant percentage of people who do have Candida test negative. The spit test gives quite unreliable results, that’s why it is a crude indicator of how thick one’s mucus is. Countless factors influence that, such as dehydration, allergies, the use of diary products etc. And mucus thickens overnight as well. Conclusion: The spit test is pseudoscience. Good alternatives are Candida antibody tests on blood or saliva.
http://forum.owndoc.com/showthread.php? ... eeLac-scam

http://www.natural-acne-solution.com/ca ... -test.html
He actually said: "no more detoxification symptoms".
How about the candida spit test? (stringy saliva lines, cloudy water)
if he had candida symptoms, then detox symptoms, and the coconut oil eventually stopped giving detox symptoms, but the candida symptoms remained, I'm pretty sure our friend here wouldn't be exclaiming that it works.
whether it actually works or this was just his experience remains unknown. I'm still waiting on the oil in the mail to test it for myself
personally I think the whole yeast overgrowth thing is overblown, most people complain of fatigue symptoms etc etc, that MCFA's might actually help with (like in coconut oil) and candida not actually been a factor. but for me, I've had a constant case of severely white coated tongue for 2 years and I've ruled out dehydration as I get plenty of liquid and no diuretics and I don't mouthbreathe either, which are the two main causes of white tongue. I've inspected family members tongues in the morning and while it's natural to have a thin white coat in the morning it's not after brushing, like I do.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

panacea wrote:... the medical profession has tests I'm sure, not that they're accurate
Im pretty sure that the lack of detoxification symptoms is not a more accurate diagnostic tool.
if he had candida symptoms, then detox symptoms, and the coconut oil eventually stopped giving detox symptoms, but the candida symptoms remained, I'm pretty sure our friend here wouldn't be exclaiming that it works.
I asked him how he could be so sure, and he replied: "no more detoxification symptoms when i guzzle the oil"
panacea

Post by panacea »

no the only diagnostic tool is monitoring candida symptoms and yep it's pretty vague and inaccurate like most things. usually people use 'candida overgrowth' as a general scapegoat to describe fatigue + whatever minor issues they have that fit the symptom list for 'candida overgrowth' on various websites

you asked him how he could be so sure that he got over candida in 3 days, since that's what you quoted, and although you might have been asking for signs of his candida symptoms dissapearing, it can also be interpreted as 'how do you know it's over? (assuming it works)' and to his brain the reply would be, in this context, that no more detox symptoms showed after three days.

to him he has assumed the coconut oil works and to him you were just questioning whether or not he was already over candida in just 3 days or not
dandate2

Post by dandate2 »

the detox pain is gone and i drink more oil now than ever.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

dandate2 wrote:no more detoxification symptoms when i guzzle the oil ! :D
Guzzle?! Dude! Your gall bladder must be huge! :lol:

I don't think that I have candida issues. I never get indigestion, stomach pain or gas if I avoid the foods that don't agree with me. Apparently excessive gas can be a reliable indicator of candida. I can even drink lots of beer (don't try this, I'm a professional 8) ) without getting gassy. My version of eating these days includes veg (no potato), nuts, meat (chicken, beef, fish), but no fruit. I'll cheat with a little dairy (can only tolerate yogurt or butter/cheese if it has been cooked to break down difficult proteins like whey), some rice or refined wheat products (again must be cooked as in toast or pizza to break down certain proteins). Essentially paleo style seems to agree with me just fine. I prefer to drink coffee every three hours or so to stabilize my adrenaline/noradrenaline pathway (ADHD, type O syndrome, whatever you wanna call it), and caffeine is especially helpful when having consumed wheat/dairy as I am really sensitive to exorphins (I get, like, duuuhh for a few hours after, then aggressive plus headache without caffeine buffer).

I do have a coated tongue, panacea, but it's not bad (it's been worse for sure). I noted when fasting that it would get worse as the body would release more mucous (my teeth and gums would also become coated as the fast progressed) and have read that a coated tongue can be a sign of a dirty (for lack of a better term), coated intestinal tract (esp. small intestine) and liver fatigue (due to toxic overload). For a real good clean-out try drinking a magnesium citrate solution like Citromag followed by water or juice fasting with daily enemas for about a week. The drink is a purgative generally taken before colonoscopy or other procedures requiring an empty digestive tract. Essentially its a kick-start cheat for achieving quick results from a therapeutic fast. Once the intestines are free of food matter (which can take days without the purge) the body begins to clean/heal itself in earnest as the body is free from the huge energy suck that is digestion. The daily enemas are required to assist in expelling mucous/toxins etc. from the colon/small intestine lest they be reabsorbed essentially negating the potential benefits of a therapeutic fast. The body will aggressively cleanse on a water fast and the herx reaction can be quite uncomfortable physically/mentally/spiritually. Ramping down food intake when working towards a fasting state and ramping up food intake when emerging from a fasting state are useful techniques to avoid placing undue stress on oneself.

I am intrigued to know if I might experience the effects of coconut oil that you described, though. Perhaps I'll set aside three days next week to give it a shot.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.
panacea

Re: The Appendix, Candida & Coconut oil remedy

Post by panacea »

I'm on the coconut oil detox right now, hitting the first 12 hour mark of day 1. I've never eaten coconut oil in my life and I've been taking 3-4 teaspoons of it every 2 hours with nothing else but water. so far nothing has happened, haven't had a bowel movement (I was expecting diarrhea), and haven't felt sick. The only change that I noticed (good) was for the first time in 2 years I brushed my tongue with just hot water/toothbrush and 90% of the white came off. so it appears to be doing something for my thrush. but that could just be from not ingesting any sugar so I guess I just have to wait and see what else happens and if it comes back.

how long did it take until you started experiencing discomfort?
dime

Post by dime »

I also just started it today, all fine so far. I'm thinking to eat some egg yolks though, I don't like the idea of living without protein for a couple of days. They are pretty easily digested so I don't think it should have much impact on the detox.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dandate2 wrote:the detox pain is gone and i drink more oil now than ever.
Dandate, please tell me:
How do you know that your candida overgrowth is gone???
Do you experience no more candida overgrowth symptoms?
panacea

Post by panacea »

dime wrote:I also just started it today, all fine so far. I'm thinking to eat some egg yolks though, I don't like the idea of living without protein for a couple of days. They are pretty easily digested so I don't think it should have much impact on the detox.
the idea is to have your bowels empty of everything but coconut oil, not sure how important it is but if you eat egg yolks i wouldn't say you're on the detox as you deviated from it
Dandate, please tell me:
I don't know about him but I slept for 13 hours last night, my nose was running last night (very thin, didn't bother me, wasn't like normal i didnth ave to blow my nose at all and it didnt gush out it was slow and steady) and it was definitely because of the coconut oil, I didn't have a cold and even when I'm sick lately my nose doesn't run. I woke up today with a very very thin (barely notice it) white coating on my tongue which came off easily with a few strokes of a wet toothbrush. there is still barely a fade of white on my tongue, it hasnt been this pink/red in 2 years since waking up, especially after such a long sleep. if i sleep for more than 6 hours I usually mouthbreathe and it causes me to have horrible morning breath and thick white coated tongue. so it appears to be working for my oral thrush. I still haven't had any die-off symptoms and I still havent had a bowel movement to see if there is any intestinal candida die off. I'll probably know by tonight as I'm increasing my coconut oil intake every two hours to 6 teaspoons as I'm a tall guy maybe I need more.

I just want to emphasize how significant waking up with a normal looking tongue was for me after just one day of coconut oil. I had tried all kinds of things to achieve this and none have worked. the only thing that temporarily worked was leaving salt on my tongue for 6 minutes and let it burn (very painful), even then the white was still 25% there and it came back within 10 minutes.

another strange symptom I noticed yesterday on coconut oil was that I was laughing hysterically at everything. usually I don't laugh out loud at all I do it all inside. I've always been a peaceful happy guy but never really express myself like that and I was laughing like crazy and I had a strange desire to seek out sources of funny things like comedy movies which I usually despise. I think it might have been because (1) I was feeling better by not eating foods I'm unknowingly allergic to, and (2) I was craving those foods so much that I had to find something to distract me.

I also noticed that I've been spitting alot of thick mucus from my throat that isn't returning as much as usual. I've had thick mucus problems in my throat for quite some time now (post nasal drip?) and its always come back just as strong if I spit it out but not last night/today
dime

Post by dime »

panacea wrote: the idea is to have your bowels empty of everything but coconut oil, not sure how important it is but if you eat egg yolks i wouldn't say you're on the detox as you deviated from it
I don't think egg yolks would leave any waste at all after digesting (i.e. they would digest completely), especially in this fasted state. But yeah you're right, probably it's better if I stick strictly to the protocol. I also notice the white coating slowly going away already, except for the middle line of the tongue where it seems to be thickest.
dandate2

Post by dandate2 »

RRM wrote:
dandate2 wrote:the detox pain is gone and i drink more oil now than ever.
Dandate, please tell me:
you know i didn't actually have any noticeable overgrowth symptoms before the detox except bad breath, a vinegary armpit odor and what i realize now after the detox to be sugar cravings. i was eating fruit like the 30 banana a day guys lol. after the detox im pretty content with just a couple mangos. my bad breath cleared up too and my armpits smell like coconut