moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
Oscar
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Oscar »

Nick, I think lots of people would be jealous of you. :D
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Indeed, Oscar. Enjoy all the happy hormones you are generating with all your laughter, Nick!

I sometimes wonder where I fall along the sense-of-humour continuum. Especially since starting this diet, I find I can't laugh easily at stupid, crass jokes anymore (in films or elsewhere) - not that I really laughed at them before, but it was easier. Mainstream 'toilet' humour and slapstick comedy just don't appeal to me anymore. I am much more delighted and amused by the simple absurdities of daily life; I feel like my sense of humour has changed and 'mellowed' somewhat. I find more joy in playing like a child, dancing around my room like a maniac, lying on my back on the beach and feeling tiny beneath a big sky, than in things that are supposed to make us all fall about guffawing.
nick

Post by nick »

Every night I throw out my oranges into the grabage can, I always look at the moon and gaze at it and tell myself how amazing it is. It's like I have some new connection to Nature. I have felt this difference ever since the diet.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

What amazes me (and not), is that we seem to respond so similarly to this diet; all those little (or very big!) details...
Im definitely more childish and playful now, and there is beauty and humor everywhere.
hmmm, maybe we are being transferred into hippies after all?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I've always been accused of being childish and playful, so no news there for me... ;) But I do certainly agree that life seems even more light for me than it was before. I recently got myself tested on hippiness though, and I tested negative...
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

CurlyGirl's chuckling madly :lol:
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

RRM wrote:What amazes me (and not), is that we seem to respond so similarly to this diet
RRM, I'm glad you pointed that out.

We are all humans after all... we can't be so different, eh? Naked primates...
avalon

Post by avalon »

Like laughing so hard while drinking milk it goes up and out your nose!

Those were the days :D

Gave up coffee over two months ago and half and half went with it :?
johndela1

demineralization

Post by johndela1 »

In the article the author says eatings lots of fruit will 'demineralize' you and will cause your teeth to fall out.

This concerns me. I've alwasy been paranoid about my teeth since learning about rawfood diets in general. How can I know if this is a threat or not?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

johndela1 wrote:In the article the author says eatings lots of fruit will 'demineralize' you and will cause your teeth to fall out.
Where does he say that? I could only find that he had problems when still on a SAD.

Take heed: ;)
I have met 8 people of 2,300 who were able to maintain health and eat a high-carbohydrate fruit diet without ill symptoms. If you do not get overly emotional or manic within 24 hours after eating fruit, more fruit might be fine for you.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Hum,

I think you are right about that. I must have confused somethng I read somewhere else. Maybe vegan rawfoodists say you must be sure to include greens because they are high in minerals and eating too much sweet fruit will cause you to become mineral dificient and that leads to teeth problems.

Since learning about this diet, I have stopped buy and consummng kale. I used to mix some with my morning fruit drink. (I'd blend kale, banana, water, apple, and some frozen mango or fronzen peaches)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I didn't know what "kale" was so I had to look it up. In dutch it's called "boerenkool", which translates as "farmer's cabbage". The word "kale" in dutch means "baldy"... ;)
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Oscar... :lol: So 'kale' wouldn't describe you, then? Hmmm? I'm sure you have more than three hairs on your head. :wink:

John - I also went through the standard raw-food mill, with all the proselytising about consuming greens (bleuch) - how can anyone keep that up indefinitely? Surely the bitterness of those vast quantities of leafy greens is enough to tell you that they're not good for you? Darn raw-gurus!!
huntress

Post by huntress »

Yay! We're learning Dutch today! :D
I have so much passion in learning new languages. Thanks Oscar!

I spent 3 hours last night reading that looonngg article and I must say that it threw me off when it started it get into about going manic/depressed after eating fruits. He made it sound like fruits are dangerous.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

CurlyGirl wrote:Surely the bitterness of those vast quantities of leafy greens is enough to tell you that they're not good for you? Darn raw-gurus!!
Yea, that thought crossed my mind many times.