Normal cooked/raw Paleo Diet as alternative to Wai

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
Thomas
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Normal cooked/raw Paleo Diet as alternative to Wai

Post by Thomas »

I believe the Wai diet to be superior to a traditional Paleo Diet, however, based on past experiences with a paleo diet, I believe for some who are unable to maintain Wai's diet, a cooked/raw Paleo Diet may be a better option.

I went one year on a paleo diet, which emphasizes lean meat/seafood, veggies, fruits, and healthful oils.
I can tell you from personal experience that a simple cooked Paleo Diet is enough to rid oneself of acne.
I had acne in high school, and after a week or two on a cooked Paleo Diet my skin was clear.
I beleive the reason for this is because the glycemic load of a paleo diet (raw or cooked) is enough to prevent blood sugar swings and, thus, excessive sebum production.

Furthermore, a traditional Paleo Diet emphasizes more lean protein than the wai diet, which serves to further stabilize blood sugar levels (lean protein has a lower glycemic load than almost any fruit), and also provides one with a long-lasting steady flow of energy (through the albeit 'inefficient' conversion of protein to glucose). As a result of the increase in lean protein/seafood, plant-based foods are naturally reduced to about 45% of energy intake.

A raw OR cooked paleo diet that eliminates grains and dairy is not as healthful as Wai's diet, but WILL GET RID OF ACNE in anyone who tries it (trust me... see for yourself).
There are hunter-gatherer tribes today (the Ache, for example) that cook their meat, but yet have no incidence of acne (or any other degenerative disorder of western civilization for that matter)

The problems with a raw or cooked traditional paleo diet are the enzyme inhibitors in vegetables, the large amount of protein, and the emphasis on lean meat. Over time, the high protein content may shorten lifespan (as compared to the Wai Diet).

Ironically, Wai's diet is a more genuine paleo diet (after all, we did not evolve cooking meat OR eating many veggies), BUT it is certainly easier to follow a more traditional paleo diet, and will easily get rid of acne in the process.

I had two blood tests on a cooked paleo diet, and the results improved significantly both times.

For more information on this, please read The Paleo Diet by Loren Cordain (PhD), Protein Power (by Michael/Mary Eades MD), or Neanderthin (by Ray Audette).

Wai's way is better if you can do it, but for those on this board who are struggling (and I've read a few posts... you know who you are) consider a traditional paleo diet instead.

Thomas
fredb

Post by fredb »

yeah i think i like this diet better, you get good lean protein, veggies; this diet is much easier you dont need all that sugar or fat. THis diet will be easier to maintain blood sugar levels and its good for getting lean and musclar.
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

Fred, just to confirm, did you mean you prefer Wai's diet or the traditional Paleo diet?

Thanks,
James
x
fredb

Post by fredb »

I will try thetraditional Paleo diet. I want lean cooked meat and veggies. The wai diet is simply to hard to keep your blood sugar stable.
fredb

Post by fredb »

Ok i been on this diet now for a few days (traditional Paleo Diet) i completeley changed from a high fat / carb diet to this which is very low in sugar, decent amount of fats, lots of raw veggies and lean meat (cooked meat) and my skin is becoming better already and i tried the wai diet for 5 weeks. The WAI diet can not be good i always felt off, unbalanced and my skin never got better; yes i didnt follow the strict diet i ate pumpkin seeds and fish oil and cacao sometimes in awhile but who cares those dont cause acne, im still eating those things and all i do was elimate sugar and my skin is clearing... yes the wai diet might cure acne in some but the long term side effects cant be good. I believe a raw based Paleo Diet to be one of the most effective and healthiest ways you can eat (thats how they have been eating for millions of years)

Thanx Thomas if it wasnt for you id still be eating super amounts of sugar, oh what SUGAR is fine as long as you eat massive amounts of FAT with it LOL!

Post by Guest »

Yes, I truly believe the Wai Diet is the healthiest diet IF you can follow it properly. This is difficult and takes many months to figure out exactly what you are doing.

A traditional paleo diet might include some substances that our bodies are not completely happy with (cooked protein, veggies), but the absence of blood sugar swings prevents acne in almost everyone.

Isn't the point of the Wai Diet to clear acne in the most efficient way possible? If you are struggling to clear acne after one month, switch to a paleo diet and it likely disappears.

BTW I follow Wai's Diet (not for acne), but I have had my doubts many times...

Read this and this regarding cooked protein

“Learn from yesterday, live for today, hope for tomorrow. The important thing is not to stop questioning.”

-Albert Einstein
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

Again, that last post was me... Hehe I need to check the box conferring automatic log-on

Post by Guest »

i think our bodies are fine with cooked meat and veggies... its what we been eating for millions of years, theres an obvious reason evolved to cook our food and almost every culture eats cooked food, i see nothing wrong with small amounts of cooked meat or veggies...
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

We have not been eating cooked food for millions of years. Humans did not harness fire until 250k years ago, and even then there is a question as to the extent of its use.
The human genome is relatively unchanged since 2.5-3 million years ago.

Post by Guest »

so why did we start cooking our food? it predigest it and makes it easy to digest, the fact is no ancestor of ours has ever been on this diet, its not sustainable they would have never had this much fruit, they were mostly root , flower, plant, insect, bug, meat, seed, nut, meat eaters and probably ate some fruit but mostly berries. You can go eat all the sugar you want! im sticking to a raw based paleo diet. The only way this diet is possible is unless all your fruit is WILD, and i dont think thats even possible anymore today, mostly all fruit is grown to be extremeley sweet with LOW minerals. They key isnt about getting enough energy but becoming mineralized and the easiest way todo this is to eat plants! b/c we are plant eaters with some meat!

Post by Guest »

fire began about 1.5 million years...
Thomas

Post by Thomas »

This depends on whose evidence you accept. By some accounts, yes it is up to 1.5 million years ago although this varies greatly.

I do agree that fruit is not the same as it used to be...

Post by Guest »

since fruit isnt what it use to be wouldnt it be better eat more raw veggies? which are far more mineral dense and less sugar?
nick

Post by nick »

fredb wrote:Ok i been on this diet now for a few days (traditional Paleo Diet) i completeley changed from a high fat / carb diet to this which is very low in sugar, decent amount of fats, lots of raw veggies and lean meat (cooked meat) and my skin is becoming better already and i tried the wai diet for 5 weeks.
I don't know what say, thats awesome!
The WAI diet can not be good i always felt off, unbalanced and my skin never got better; yes i didnt follow the strict diet i ate pumpkin seeds and fish oil and cacao sometimes in awhile but who cares those dont cause acne, im still eating those things and all i do was elimate sugar and my skin is clearing... yes the wai diet might cure acne in some but the long term side effects cant be good.
Well the strict diet is designed to eliminate all possible causes, and you didn't follow it, possibly the pumpkin seeds were the cause. It probably was the fluctuating sugar levels as you mentioned, which some people are sensitive to. You are right, this diet is challenging in the beginning, but after you keep with it, it does get easier.

Good luck with the raw paleo diet.
Cairidh

chimps

Post by Cairidh »

one difference between humans and chimps is the teeth - chimps designed for slicing green leaves, humans designed to chew roots.

throughout our evolution humans have gone through many different diets. so its impossible to find the one perfect diet.
but any diet that we followed in our evolutionary past is going to be much better than the modern diet....

human evolutionary diets:

apes - greens (40%), fruit, eggs, insects, seeds/nuts
human brain development - fish and shellfish (evolution of human brain could not have occurred without 20:0 found in seafood)
savanagh - roots, tubers, game (organs and marrow full of saturated fat and omega 3, and intestines containing fermented grasses and veg)
fire - cooked tubers
farming - raw goat milk and fermented goat milk

tbe two most intelligent animals today are chimps and dolphins. chimps eat greens, fruit, eggs, insects, seeds/nuts. dolphins eat oily fish.
so its no surprise that the most intelligent species - humans, evolved on a diet that combined both these diets. whether they ate both diets together at the same time is unknown, but together the two diets made humans super intelligent.

so a diet of foods we've been eating the longest would be:
greens, fruit, eggs, oily fish.
if you eat fish you don't need greens, but greens still remain one of mans natural foods.