Why are fruits so much better than veggies?

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
Nina75
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Why are fruits so much better?

Post by Nina75 »

I think the translation of internet can distort my words, to be brief:

Personally vegetables do me no good, while fruits bring me the energy I need throughout the day, all life, all the time. Voila,

Oh yeah one last thing, but it has nothing to do with this topic but I and my benefits. I put a friend on the Wai diet (man), highly motivated, no cheating, 100%, very convincing result, it was observed that all the time by other sexually attract women. he often erections when he sees a woman, he sometimes need to stick to it to feel it!! Very strange. Wholesale, he wants sex. ( raw egg yolks ? animal instinct ? Raw Fish ) It's a bit crude but I had to speak to you.

Thanks

Je pense que la traduction d'internet peut déformer mes propos, pour être bref :

Personnelement les légumes ne m'apporte rien de bon, alors que les fruits m'apportent l'énergie dont j'ai besoin toute la journée, toute la vie, tout le temps. Voila,

Ah oui une dernière chose mais cela n'a rien à voir avec ce sujet et moi mais j'en profite. J'ai mis un ami sur la diète Wai (homme), très motivé, pas de triche, 100%, résultat très convaincant, il a remarquer qu'il étais tout le temps attirer sexuellement par les autres femmes. C'est à dire qu'il a souvent des éréctions lorsqu'il voit une femme, il à même parfois le besoin de se coller à elle pour la sentir !!!! Très bizarre. En gros il veut beacoup de sexe. C'est un peu crue mais il fallait que je vous en parle.
overkees

Post by overkees »

You are misinterpreting what is being said.. it is suggested that there are some vegetables which are according to the Wai defined nutrient : antinutrient ratio very good foods are giving me more pleasure than a lot of fruits at times. Take carrots, I like their taste better than pretty much all fruits. Denying this based on the fact that I can only fruits is just simplistic and silly in my opinion because my body tells me this is very good tasting not based on addictive substances of course.

Therefore I'm proposing the idea that some vegetables can be very helpful and healthy given the fact that you carefully selected these by taste.

This doesn't mean I'm only eating carrots, but next to fruits also have some vegetables my body enjoys and which taste delicious.
Nina75

Post by Nina75 »

Okay, I understand you.

You really like it? Or is your dependency like this? That is to say that I am now go on a diet Wai 100% without cheating in any way. But unfortunately if one day I'll eat a dish for Wai X Not because I'm sure my body will love it but basically I know very well that I do not need um. In fact, the maximum that I wanted without cheating was 100% a month and a half until Christmas day ... But I think after enough time to 100% Wai as 7-8 months even if you eat small servings of vegetables the body will recheter. I say this because I had read that day MRR eat broccoli and had immediately vomited? This makes sense to me to. Of course if you like vegetables and you want to complete this diet with vegetables zm I think this is an acceptable choice in my opinion and then I also read that carrots were a more or vegetables moin correct with respect to Wai .

D'accord je vous ai compris.

Vous aimez vraiment ça ? Ou c'est votre dépendance qui aime ceci ? C'est à dire que moi je suis passer maintenant à la diète Wai à 100% sans tricher en aucune façon. Mais malheuresement si un jour je vais mangez un plat Non Wai pour X raison je suis sur que mon corps va l'aimer mais fondamentalement je sais très bien que je n'ai pas besoin d'euh. En fait le maximum que j'ai tenu sans tricher à 100% étais d'un mois et demi jusqu'au jour de noel... Mais je pense qu'après suffisament de temps à 100% sur Wai comme 7-8 mois si vous mangez même petite portions de légumes le corps va le recheter. Je dis ça car j'ai lu qu'un jour MRR avait manger une brocoli et avoit tout de suite vomi ? Cela à du sens pour moi. Bien sur si vous aimez les légumes et vous voulez compléter cette diète par des légumes suplémentaires je pense que c'est un choix acceptable à mon avis et puis j'ai aussi lu que les carottes étais un légumes plus ou moin correct par rapport à Wai.
dime

Post by dime »

It may be that carrots have been specifically bred to be sweet?
Cooked they are good, but I don't like them raw. Some people do like to chew on them raw, although I'm not sure if it's because they like the taste or because their mom told them they are good for the eyes because of high vitamin A.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Well, the leafy greens are another story. I personally really like spinache, basil and chives. But they are not what my body really needs. It's just that if I'm near them I will usually munch a few leaves, awesome. There is something about these leafy greens that still needs to be researched, but for now let's leave them out.

But I'm mainly talking about roots here. Roots have always been a part of the diet. They are very nutritious due to their nature. They are the concentrated nutritional powerhouse of the plant. They also don't have a lot of defense mechanisms against other large mammals because they are not wide in the open, like the leafs and the crops.

I always really enjoyed roots my whole life. Probably due to their sweet taste. I really love carrots, parsnips, beets, jerusalem artichokes, kohlrabi (german turnip. These all are very sweet in taste. The most bitter one will be the kohlrabi. But it is so damn delicious.
The carrots, parsnips and beets have deserved a place in my basic diet. The others are just whenever they are around.

If I could I would only drink carrot/parsnip juice. The taste of this wonder is better than whatever fruit you can think of. The only combination that has come close was musk melon/orange juice. If I could I would drink it everyday. But it is too expensive and I'm not sure about the betacarotenes and skin color..

I mix the pulp with dates, cocoflakes, 1 teaspoon chia seeds and some honey and it also tastes damn awesome.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:They are very nutritious due to their nature.
They dont contain any nutrient that fruits dont.
I really love carrots, parsnips, beets, jerusalem artichokes, kohlrabi (german turnip
They contain nitrate, which causes nitrosation of amines in your body.
Many nitrosamines are mutagenic.
Nitrosation also activates heterocyclic amines (carcinogenic)
Check this out: http://www.waiwiki.org/index.php/Nitrate

Nitrate levels may differ very much, but here are some:
Nitrate in mg / 100 g.
beetroot 195
kohlrabi 5 - 168
carrots 50
parsnips 26
artichokes 10
overkees wrote:These all are very sweet in taste.
Less sweet than fruits. (total of sucrose, glucose and fructose)

banana 17.3%
grapes 15.0%
mango 12.4%
muskmelon 12.4%
pineapple 12.4%
mandarin 10,1%
passionfruit 9.5%
kiwi 9.1%
beetroot 8.4%
orange 8.3%
watermelon 8.3%
carrots 4.8%
kohlrabi 3.7%
parsnip 2.9%
artichoke 2.6%
overkees

Post by overkees »

RRM wrote:
overkees wrote:They are very nutritious due to their nature.
They dont contain any nutrient that fruits dont.
I never said/suggested that..Check out carrots btw, they have a better nutrient composition, in my opinion, than oranges.
RRM wrote:
I really love carrots, parsnips, beets, jerusalem artichokes, kohlrabi (german turnip
They contain nitrate, which causes nitrosation of amines in your body.
Many nitrosamines are mutagenic.
Nitrosation also activates heterocyclic amines (carcinogenic)
Check this out: http://www.waiwiki.org/index.php/Nitrate
Yeah, I'm still not the slightest convinced that nitrate when not used in combination with a lot of animal protein will cause abnormal nitrosation of amines. I need to see a good research about organic nitrate containing vegetables having bad effects. Because, as earlier discussed, there is a lot of debate going on about this in the scientific community and the researches you are posting in the article are pretty vague sometimes and/or not using correct methods and/or assumptions. Within limits, nitrates benefits still outweigh their potential, debatable, harmful effects in my opinion and a lot of researches agree. But you have some kind of blind spot for this. So I'm not willing to go into the nitrate discussion again. As it's pretty useless and a waste of time due to our different views on health.
overkees

Post by overkees »

Oh yeah, about the sugar content. I actually think it's a good thing that roots (carrots in particular) have a lot less sugar. They are therefore even higher in nutrients than they already were, when looking at their energy : nutrient ratio.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:I'm still not the slightest convinced that nitrate when not used in combination with a lot of animal protein will cause abnormal nitrosation of amines. I need to see a good research about organic nitrate containing vegetables having bad effects.
Are you suggesting that nitrate from organic vegetables is any different from nitrate in non-organic foods?
nitrates benefits still outweigh their potential, debatable, harmful effects in my opinion and a lot of researches agree.
Nitric oxide (NO) production does not depend on nitrate.
Your body produces as much NO as required.
By taking nitrate, however, your body has no choice.
Nitrates are a group of drugs, medicines. Nitrate is one of them.
Nitrates vasolidate your veins beyond its natural state, which is very beneficial if your veins are clogged, or if you want to enhance your athletic performance,
but all drugs have side effects.
The main side effects of all nitrates is that they cause nitrosation of amines, including heterocyclic amines.
dime

Post by dime »

overkees wrote:Oh yeah, about the sugar content. I actually think it's a good thing that roots (carrots in particular) have a lot less sugar. They are therefore even higher in nutrients than they already were, when looking at their energy : nutrient ratio.
So then pumpkin is even better for you, it's pretty much equivalent to carrots but it has even less sugar and fiber. And very importantly, it seems to be a fruit (just like tomatoes are also fruits).
overkees

Post by overkees »

You seem to be missing the point. I am totally crazy about carrot juice, because of its super nice taste. And I am suggesting that if your body feels so, then it is unneessary to deny this and eat a fruit instead.

Thats what this is about. Of course you can live on fruits only but there are several very good tasting vegetables that are an excellent addition to the wai diet if they taste good and are not high in antinutrients I think its silly toleave them out.

But pumpkin carrot juice is nice, I will look into pumpkins nutrient composition.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

overkees wrote:Of course you can live on fruits only but there are several very good tasting vegetables that are an excellent addition to the wai diet if they taste good and are not high in antinutrients
The problem with veggies as opposed to fruits is that fruits ripen, and veggies do not.
Some veggies may be relatively low in anti-nutrients, but these levels do not go down due to ripening.
Ripening eliminates much of the antinutrients in fruits, as opposed to veggies.
Carrots, for example, contain 1.4% pectin (oranges up to 3.5%, also present in pumpkin), but in fruits this pectin is broken down during ripening,
by the enzymes pectinase and pectinesterase. Not in carrots.
And are you suggesting that nitrate from organic carrots is any different from nitrate in non-organic carrots?
I think its silly toleave them out.
Its wise to leave them out.
In your body, nitrate causes nitrosation of amines, causing nitrosamines
and activating HCAs to become more mutagenic.
So, its very wise to minimize nitrate intake.
overkees

Post by overkees »

RRM wrote: Some veggies may be relatively low in anti-nutrients, but these levels do not go down due to ripening.
Ripening eliminates much of the antinutrients in fruits, as opposed to veggies.
Carrots, for example, contain 1.4% pectin (oranges up to 3.5%, also present in pumpkin), but in fruits this pectin is broken down during ripening,
by the enzymes pectinase and pectinesterase. Not in carrots.
And are you suggesting that nitrate from organic carrots is any different from nitrate in non-organic carrots?
Pectin? Antinutrient? Thats new to me, last time I checked it was a beneficial soluble fibre, very good for gut flora
RRM wrote: Its wise to leave them out.
In your body, nitrate causes nitrosation of amines, causing nitrosamines
and activating HCAs to become more mutagenic.
So, its very wise to minimize nitrate intake.
In tomatoes the nitrate content is:
Nitrate level in analysed tomatoes ranges between 82.24116.75 mg/kg with an average of 104.69 mg/kg.
So we shouldnt be consuming them aswell?
dime

Post by dime »

overkees wrote: Pectin? Antinutrient? Thats new to me, last time I checked it was a beneficial soluble fibre, very good for gut flora
Cholesterol is nutrient, so if pectin binds to it then you could classify it as antinutrient I suppose. Much like phytic acid is considered antinutrient as it binds to important minerals.
overkees

Re: Why are fruits better than veggies?

Post by overkees »

The pectin content in ripe apples is still alot more than carrots.

The antinutrient is just very low and the nutrient content very very high in carrots
Fruits still have antinutrient problems too and my idea is that if you just go for taste you will find some vegetables that are still very healthy. And if you really enjoy eating them then go for it and don't hold back because of the fact that you can only eat fruit.

"Oh god, the nitrate in tomatoes and cucumbers is really threatening.. they cause dangerous nitrosation of amines... wai never told me about that" Really??? Youve got to be kidding me.