20%
Type AB
7%

Total votes: 46
spring
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Blood Type?

Post by spring »

Hi everybody. I am doing this poll because I have a little theory that this diet is easier for people with certain blood types, namely those with blood Type A and Type O.

I have read the blood type diet book by Peter D'Adamo and even though I know the majority of the scientists say that his theories are impossible, I have noticed myself that people around me do have certain preferences in food that follow their blood type, that is, Type O's like meat (and are more prone to ulcers having a higher levels of peptic acid in their stomachs), more A's are vegetarian and can live without meat - this is ancedotal of course .... (but it's astonishing how accurate the types describe people in my family and other people I know in how they eat etc).

Being Type B myself, according to D'Adamo, I am pretty versatile when it comes to food and I do find this to be true, I am not picky and can EAT ANYTHING (with the exception of dairy ... and like everything too which makes it hard to lose weight) and don't suffer food-related problems such as allergies, rashes, stomach pains, nausea, strong dislikes (like dislike of seafood which seems to be a common dislike) although I am prone to constipation and am lactose-intolerant (this is the only part about B's I don't agree with as D'Adamo says they should have (cultured) dairy as part of their diet).

Now, I've picked A's as one of the blood types that will find Wai's diet easy to follow as they can live without meat and should eat plenty of veggies and grains - though they might find it hard to live without bread and pasta etc.

The Type O's - this is more of a wild stab - but this blood type seem to be more in tune with the natural IMO and so they would instinctively go for a healthier diet such as Wai's - and they would especially like the raw egg yolks and the raw fish part - especially in contrast to some people who might initially be put off about ingesting these foods. But these types would have to make sure they don't stint on these protein foods otherwise they would be more likely to break the diet and overeat on cooked meat.

The AB's are a mixture of A's and B's so they would veer toward being similar to one or the other depending on which component, A or B, is dominant.

Please indicate your blood type in the poll and feel free to add a comment about your blood type in this thread and whether you think or not that your blood type makes any difference.

(My guess is that RRM and Wai are blood type A!)

Here is a link about the anthropology and genesis of blood types:
http://www.dadamo.com/napharm/store3/te ... pedia.html
jmbattle

Post by jmbattle »

O RH Positive, according to my British blood donors card.

Contrary to the claims above, I have remained vegetarian for the best part of ten years and simply could not stomach the prospect of eating meat again.

However, I would like to suggest that I am 'close to nature', so to speak, and certainly enjoy the freshness of following a raw lifestyle.

Take care,
James
x
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

B +

My father is B, my mother is O. Neither one of them has ever been vegetarian, but my father thrives on a varied (standard Western 'health' food) diet, while my mother is moderately overweight as a result of her great cravings for bread, cakes, sweets, etc (all murderous for Os, according to D'adamo - but surely they are 'murderous' for everyone in large quantities!)

Anyway, I was a vegan for 6 years, never thrived; very sickly as a child on high-dairy diet (though D'adamo says Bs should enjoy plenty of dairy). I followed the Blood Type Diet once, for two months, lost some weight then went straight back to my old vegan ways and put on weight again. Then I found Wai's site. Blood type is only one part of a complex nutritional puzzle, and D'adamo says nothing about the dangers of cooking food.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

B+ here too. :)

If type A's should eat veggies and grains, then this diet wouldn't be so good for them, because neither of those are in it...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

O+
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

I'm B Rh-

People so far are B or O interesting!

I've also read D'adamos' book. Seemed to make sense when I read it, so I tried for sometime but it didn't really make me feel that much better so eventually I stoped doing it.
spring

Post by spring »

I'm surprised how many people are Type B here :D, considering they're only 10% of the population. Maybe Type Bs are more health-conscious or more willing to try alternative diets. ???

CurlyGirl, my mum is Type O and dad is Type B; mum is short and fat and loves to eat especially meat, and dad is tall and thin and enjoys his food but doesn't overindulge like mum does.

Everytime I've gone out with a Type O person to eat, they always choose something with meat in it, usually something like Doncasse (fricassed pork). Just something I've noticed.

I thought As might cope with the diet better because they're more used to eating non-meat foods (according to D'Adamo) and hence adapt better to this relatively lower-protein diet.

Type B males have got a reputation in Korea where I am at the moment where people believe in the blood type and personality link; they are supposed to be short-tempered, narcissistic and in short, unpleasant people to be around, and RRM is one of the calmest, most even-tempered people I've come across on a messageboard so I would never have guessed :lol ... but some people might think the personality-blood type theory is whacked. (Apparently according to some studies on this in Japan where the belief in a relationship between personality and blood type is widespread, you are more likely to be a geisha or a police detective if you're a B or an O than if you're an A, and Bs are the ones most likely to become bums :?) http://belldandy.us/showthread.php?t=338 )

.. And I have to say that eating this way (Wai's diet) has made me more balanced mentally, less temperamental.

So what blood group is Wai?
jjah

Post by jjah »

O Positive

Post by Guest »

Wow, no As? How come?

Blood type A and O are the commonest so was expecting many As.
Lukkiwun

Post by Lukkiwun »

O negative.I too read D'adamo's book.For me it is mostly accurate in that I'm definately better off with no grains or dairy foods.As for eggs whic he says are bad for type O's I feel crook if I eat the whole egg raw but good after only the yolks.Also need some meat regularly or cant sleep well.Have been on wai diet about 90% for four months with probably more red meat than .cosidered appropriate.It surprised me how quickly I got to like it .raw,especially liver.
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

A+

I glanced through dada-mo's book; it was interesting, but his theories didn't correspond exactly to my theory of myself. Wai's did!
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

A+

In school, that's the best grade we can get!:roll:

Anyway, I've read D'Adamo (I own the cook book), but never really did his diet. I think his major contribution in my case was getting me out of wheat products, even though I didn't feel any benefits (Wai also says that wheat is evil). I also liked the philosophy of tolerance. And the diet is definitely a lot less radical than Wai's.

I agree that when we are eating raw, much of the theory on cooked food doesn't seem that relevant anymore.

Come to think of it, this is the first diet that I've been on ever. I never had any reasons to be on any diet since I could always pig out and still have perfect skin and ideal weight.

Only very recently, I found this Podcast about ADHD, attributing dietary causes to "mental" diseases. I really thank this guy, because I would have never looked into my diet! So I think sometimes obstacles in life actually push us to be more aware. I was so UNAWARE of what I was putting into me!

My shoulder problems helped me to start experimenting with yoga, and my ADHD pointed me towards this diet. Both turned to be much more than a targeted solution to a specific problem, but a lifestyle, a spiritual path...

I'm on day 10 (the only cheating I've done is one soupe de poisson the 2nd day and some oysters on that same day), and everybody asks me when my experiment is going to be over. I gave myself 30 days originally, so I just tell them that I'll decide when the 30 days are over. But I'm also a bit worried about what if I do decide to stay on this diet? After all, I've never tried any other diet...

Other diets must have worked for some people to a certain degree for them to self-sustain and propagate, right? Or can we be that categorical and say that Wai's is the absolute best for EVERYONE?

Corinne tells me that it's the absolute best, and she's definitely been a diet junky much longer than me. But I'd also like to hear people who went from Wai's to another diet, what is their experience like? Wouldn't THAT be interesting?
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

well as you mentionned chin chin, I've tried lots of diets and none really stuck...Why? Because I didn't feel a significant difference while on those various diets. With Wai it was almost immediate! I felt better and staying on the diet has only become easier with time.
People (especially in France!) will ALWAYS ask you how long you'll still be on the diet... They just can't conceive of not eating cooked and eating 'only' fruit. But you'll get used to it! ;)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Image I'm sort of following a program on the BBC (it's in between snooker sessions), which is about Michelin-class chefs battling it out, to be the one who will cook the banquet for the queen's 80th birthday. I find it quite interesting to watch...so much trouble to prepare food! ;)

From our point of view I guess it's a normal diet now, which seems radical. ;)
CurlyGirl

Post by CurlyGirl »

Michelin stars? Bah! Nature is the finest chef... there's no dead food that tastes quite as good as a ripe pineapple, or some organic medjool dates :-)