Type B
20%
Type AB
7%

Total votes: 46
CurlyGirl
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by CurlyGirl »

I should add, however - somewhat guiltily - that the ripe pineapple is occasionally very much enhanced by the addition of some hot chocolate sauce (munchfood alert) :oops: So perhaps Nature can be improved upon? :wink: :wink:

Post by Guest »

Hi Chin-Chin ~ You have some of the same questions that I do :) I've never read D'Adamo's book(s), and I'm not sure what my blood type is :roll:

Before Wai's diet (Which I was on for about 6 weeks, off for about 8 months, and am now back on, but with some munch foods [going to go for a while without them starting May 1st] for a couple months) I was on Jordan Rubin's "Maker's Diet" to conquer some health issues. I made a ton of progress with my health - my body definately liked that diet, though I still had moderate to mild acne(before it was severe to moderate). I basically began Wai's diet because I wanted to see if it could get rid of my skin problems, and to see if my health would improve even more. I already knew the perils of the "Standard American Diet" when I found Wai's diet. The biggest change I noticed while on the 100% diet was that my skin became much softer allover my body, though my acne stayed about the same.

One of the things I like about the Maker's Diet is that it basically takes all foods and asks "how did primitive peoples(our ancestors) stay healthy while eating this food?" So, scientific knowledge is combined with the wisdom of our ancestors. For instance, nuts, seeds, beans, and grains were typically soaked, sprouted, and/or fermented in order to remove the substances that make those foods more difficult for the human body to digest/assimilate. Many vegetables are fermented, or fermented foods are added to meals so that you have a little army of probiotics and additional enzymes helping your body to digest meals. That's where condiments came from - all condiments were originally fermented foods designed to help with the digestion of a meal. Ketchup, mayonaise, saurkraut - the modern counterparts of these traditionally fermented foods just make meals more difficult to digest. :(

I don't personally believe that ONE diet can be the most healthy diet for EVERYBODY - I think our bodies adapted generally according to our specific ancestor's diets, yet also universally need at least small amounts of certain substances for optimal health, such as raw fats and proteins, as well as adequate amounts of vitamins and minerals (obviously:)). It just requires experimentation to find which diet you feel the best at.

I'm thinking I may try a diet that is 100% Wai during the late spring, summer, and fall when my favorite fruits are in season and available, and add some Maker's Diet foods during the winter and early springtime. That will be after I am on Wai's diet 100%(minus family gatherings, unfortunately, but I will try to do the least damage possible) starting May 1st through the summer and fall, though. I'll see how my body feels after that, and see if I feel the need to add some "munch" foods from the Maker's Diet.

I'm not sure yet exactly what my perfect diet will be, but I find it fun to experiment with diet and see how I feel and how my skin and body respond, so I don't mind that I don't know yet. :D

~Amber
Bambi726

Post by Bambi726 »

Let me ammend that to I will be 99% Wai starting May 1st, as there are a couple supplements I will be taking, which aren't Wai....

:)
Amber
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Bambi726 wrote:"how did primitive peoples(our ancestors) stay healthy while eating this food?"
To me this seems a kinda funny principle to base your diet on...
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

I'm not that addicted to food, so that's not the major obstacle to stay on Wai's diet.

But I think that I'm a very curious and exploratory person, so I definitely will want to try out food that I haven't tasted before, and eventually add ingredients to Wai's to the see the difference.

Also, I don't think Wai's diet is that viable if I go back to China, because the food culture is SO BIG that you have to live in a monastery to stick to a diet like Wai's. Even then, you are supposed to accept group decisions in a monastery, so yeah, you'd have to go to a monastery that's running on Wai's diet, or be a recluse with a lot of pocket money... :cry:
zazuna

Post by zazuna »

Sorry guys, I got confused: my blood type is II+ which I belive is B, not A as I entered in the poll. Can somebody change the poll entry?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I don't think I can... :?
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

That makes me the only A+ in this thread! I feel like an oddball in a kingdom of B type food fanatics :lol:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

dadasarah wrote:A+
finnishfiend

Post by finnishfiend »

hm... I am also surprised that there are so many O's and B's here. I had the suspicion that most here would be Type A. Both of my parents are A+, so I'm assuming that means I have a fairly high chance of being A, also.

The desription of the Type A Diet, as well as the "Carb Type" metabolic type, just seemed to fit the profile of a Wai dieter, in my mind. But I guess it just isn't that simple.

_
spring

Post by spring »

Chin-Chin wrote:A+

In school, that's the best grade we can get!:roll:

Anyway, I've read D'Adamo (I own the cook book), but never really did his diet. I think his major contribution in my case was getting me out of wheat products, even though I didn't feel any benefits (Wai also says that wheat is evil). I also liked the philosophy of tolerance. And the diet is definitely a lot less radical than Wai's.

I agree that when we are eating raw, much of the theory on cooked food doesn't seem that relevant anymore.

Come to think of it, this is the first diet that I've been on ever. I never had any reasons to be on any diet since I could always pig out and still have perfect skin and ideal weight.

Only very recently, I found this Podcast about ADHD, attributing dietary causes to "mental" diseases. I really thank this guy, because I would have never looked into my diet! So I think sometimes obstacles in life actually push us to be more aware. I was so UNAWARE of what I was putting into me!

My shoulder problems helped me to start experimenting with yoga, and my ADHD pointed me towards this diet. Both turned to be much more than a targeted solution to a specific problem, but a lifestyle, a spiritual path...

I'm on day 10 (the only cheating I've ....
Type As are into yoga and often require some sort of meditation or relaxation technique to unwind their tightly wound-up selves - prone to neurosis - this is in the personality profile of Type As.
spring

Post by spring »

finnishfiend wrote:hm... I am also surprised that there are so many O's and B's here. I had the suspicion that most here would be Type A.Both of my parents are A+, so I'm assuming that means I have a fairly high chance of being A, also.

The desription of the Type A Diet, as well as the "Carb Type" metabolic type, just seemed to fit the profile of a Wai dieter, in my mind. But I guess it just isn't that simple.

_
Yep, probably a 99.9% chance of being Type A. Type As are common in Finland.

Look at this link showing the distribution of blood types.
http://www.bloodbook.com/world-abo.html

and here is a distribution map of blood types.
http://anthro.palomar.edu/vary/vary_3.htm

I think the biochemical evidence supporting D'Adamo's theories of differences in people accroding to blood type is weak. I think it is broader than blood type. Blood type is most likely just a marker for GENETIC differences among people and how this relates to dietary responses. These genetic differences are inherited as most traits are: eye color, IQ, personality (though environment can affect the latter two to some degree), and tracing back one's racial origins through blood typing can give clues as to why people react to the diet one does. Eg. Type As originated in areas that practised agriculture, so it would make sense that they process grains in their diet well. Type Os originated as hunters and warriors so it could be predicted they would take to meat-eating well. Bs have got feet in both camps and can tolerate a bigger variety of foods.

The personality differences can be explained by the origins of one's genetic ancestors. Eg. In a farming community, from which city life sprang from, the demands of living in close proximity to one's neighbors meant that it was important that people 'got on', that individuals suppressed their natural desires and conformed to the group, hence you get a group of conformists being naturally selected for out of this sort of community. In other types of communities where people weren't living close to one another, such as nomadic societies, this pressure to conform and bury conflict as quickly as possible, was not as much in evidence, and so the people who were selected for did not overwhelmingly show these traits.

Of course suppressing one's emotions can create neuroticism, and that could be why Type As are known for that.

I am not picking on Type As because every personality type has got its 'positives' and 'negatives'; I'm just talking about As as one example of how a group adapts to their environment and how we can see evidence of the natural selection of personality traits coming out in blood grouping in our societies today, which are made up of a more heterogeneous population than societies of old.
spring

Post by spring »

RRM wrote:B+
Bs might be more into this type of diet than other blood groups because Bs are more adventurous and curious(?) Bs like to go and explore alternate lifestyles but not so much in a hedonistic way that Os do but more in a practical, what's in it for me? kind of way. Bs are the ultimate self-improvement personality types? They're not afraid of doing things that aren't traditional, in fact, they veer towards dabbling in the non-traditional, and earn the reputation of being somewhat eccentric ...

The problem with me as a B, I don't know if this applies to other Bs here, is that I can't maintain my interest in any one thing for very long. I am the dilettante so to speak: I mean I discovered yoga for myself when I was ten years old, and endeavored to learn all the basic positions from reading a book on it. At the time, nobody was into it except hippies. But I only kept this up for a couple of weeks from memory and I moved on to my next craze, I can't recall what it was: ?isometrics.

But now that yoga is all the rage, I think to myself: I can't do this, I've already been there and done that, and now it looks really boring and this enthusiasm seems kind of silly, like a lot of people jumping on the bandwagon, flavor of the day ... and I know many people keep up with it even though it might have started off just being a trendy thing for them to do, but for me, I can't keep up my enthusiasm for very long.

I wish it wasn't this way because my life seems like a series of uncompleted projects and lacks notable achievement I have to admit. this could also be the ADD I have. I never thought I had this as I could concentrate well in the classroom as a child, but others have noticed this about me, my mother has told me I have ADD, and strangers notice I am looking like I am in a hurry or something although I am not consciously so.

How do other Bs feel about all of the above? Do they notice similarities to my experiences?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Most of it is in the eye of the beholder I think. Lots of people saw my life as "a series of uncompleted projects and lacking notable achievement". Whats completion? Having a project published in a scientific magazine? Maybe. But if the actual publication had not taken place, would my work have been less complete? In the eyes of many, yes, because there is no noticable completion, but if you look it from my point of view, i came to a satisfying conclusion, which is another subjective aspect that depends on the eye of the beholder.
Doing yoga for just a few weeks may be very much complete to me, as it may be exactly the time you need to investigate the effects it has on you in this period of time, and extrapollate that into what effects it may have on your entire life when exercised for a lifetime.
It may very well be that you knowingly or unknowingly 'concluded' that the gains did not outweigh the benefits on a the longer term, but that you enjoyed exploring it for those weeks. Hence completion.

The essence of living a satisfying life may lay in shedding off all opinions / condemnations / judging from other people. There is no goal. There is no aim. Life itself is your goal / aim / reward. So that you dont need any completion other than completion of moments. If a very short period of activity has been completed in the sense that you feel you learned something, that already may be completion.
Life is nothing more than the sum of lots of moments. So that if you can feel satisfaction from moments, this contributes to have a fulfilling life. Live your moments, as you will end up the same way as you started this life; with nothing. This may be scary to some, but it may also be a relief, relieving you from 'the duty' to achieve something. Nothing can be achieved lastingly, so that the meaning of life is in living your moments.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I agree with RRM, though for a different reason. In my belief you will always achieve something, even when seemingly doing nothing (which is technically impossible anyway ;)).

Being satisfied with life and being happy are the result of exactly doing that, not the result of achieving something which is socially acceptable.

I've done many things in my life so far, all of which I have completed (at least in my opinion, which is the only one that counts in this ;)) or am still doing. Adventurous? I don't think most people would call me that. Curious? Yes. Prone to big changes? Not really.