Ray Peat..Haidut..Ede...etc

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
Aytundra
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Ray Peat..Haidut..Ede...etc

Post by Aytundra »

Dividing the fatty acids into 6 categories:

1) >33% SFA <--- brain*, milk, liver*, kidney, fish*, salmon-mixed-dishes*, milk-based-desserts, other-puddings, ice cream, yoghurt, butter, dairy-spread, cream, fresh-cheese, milk, hydrogenated-coconut-oil, coconut, coconut milk, coconut water, pomegranate, pumpkin, potatoes-mashedw/milk, rice-white, pastry*, cream puff, pie*, cake*, croissant*, chocolate drinks, coffee w/milk

2) >33% SFA + >33% MUFA <--- brain*, liver*, meat products*, red meats, turkey, poultry*, fish*, egg*, milk-based-desserts, milk-other-puddings-icecream, yoghurt-non-fat, milk, other-animal-fats*, papaya, chocolate candy*, chocolate paste hazelnut*, chocolates dark, green beans cooked, peas-canned, vegetables mixed frozen, watercress, pastry*, gelatin, pie*, cake*, cookies*, brioche*, doughnut*, bread toasted*, rusk*, cheeseburger*, grilled cheese*, hot dog*, sandwich*, pizza*, most mixed dishes - poultry*, most soups and stocks, meat-broth, most baby foods

3) >33% MUFA <--- poultry*, fish*, salmon*, egg*, sherbert, margarine*, fat-spread*, other-animal-fats*, vegetable-oils*, nuts*, mango juice, mango, apricot, avocado*, Jerusalem artichoke, corriander*, cumin*, curry*, egg-pasta, rye-flour, savoury cake*, most salads, coffee black unsweetened

4) >33% MUFA + PUFA <--- tongue, gizzard, fish*, shellfish, salmon*, vegetable-oils*, nuts*, chestnut, seeds*, dried fruits, fruit juices, few fruits peach quince nectarine plum lychee cherry, corn-salad, potatoes chips-crisps*-balls*, rice-red, buckwheat-flour, chicken-broth, some baby foods

5) >33% PUFA<--- turkey, fish*, shellfish*, soy desserts, soy yogurts, margarine*, fat-spread*, vegetable-oils*, nuts*, seeds*, dried fruits, fruit juices, most fruits, chewing gum, Tofu*, all legumes, rice-wild, wheat-flour, meal replacement*, soy drink

6) >33% SFA + >33% PUFA <--- heart*, liver*, fish*, shellfish, dried banana, raisins, banana, grapes, melon, courgette (zucchini), endive, cucumber, onion, (bell) pepper - sweet, salsify, haricots, lentils, potatoes, fruit fritter, coffee-instant

Hahaha, all shellfish has a >33% PUFA ratio! :lol:
hahaha, most juices have a >33% PUFA ratio! :lol:
And the Ray Peat forum tells them to eat shellfish and fruits on top of their milk products... :roll:
{Shh be very quiet, don't tell the Ray Peat forum people that they are eating PUFA!} :mrgreen: ;D :mrgreen: ;D

* a star means that eating over 100 gram of that food item per day will likely make you go over 1.33 g PUFA.
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

http://tanyewwei.com/blog/dha/

Some thoughts (not mine) about DHA.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Kasper wrote: Image

This is a generally accepted theory. AA (an omega-6 fatty acids) gets converted to inflammatory prostaglandins. The way over-the-counter and prescription NSAIDs (ibuprofen, aspirin, Celebres, etc.) work is by reducing the formation of inflammatory compounds derived from AA.
Then Ray Peat theory is about "not eating items" that may be potentially converted into responders of inflammatory compounds or inflammatory items or an inflammatory status, namely PUFAs in which I imagine he believes may be converted into i.e. estrogen, and or to i.e. inflammatory prostagladins, and or to other fatty acid derived inflammatory products, or to activate serotonin systems in which he believes are the cause to problems.

By logic,
the abstinence of, and or the removal of inflammatory compounds then becomes the key point.

The paradox in my view is that PUFAs, are used to prevent rejection of organs (as Novidez quoted from a Ray Peat article several quotes above).
Then I reason, PUFAs are not the cause of inflammation; an inflammatory response is in my view a rejection of something by the body.

If that is so, then the Ray Peat theory does not target the PRIMARY Inflammatory Compounds, it only targets the potential-responders to Inflammatory Compounds. But by omission of ingesting items of potential-responders, he co-reduces the primary inflammatory compounds, the real ones such as some of the items found in Maillard Reaction Products. In theory, then his approach approximates, but does not reach the core, but close enough that it may be of benefit to those that transitions from ingesting a greater volume of bad molecules compared to a lower volume.

I am guessing, Ray Peat followers, by the Ingestion of (pasteurized)-milk, dairy products of icecream, cheese, fruits, tubers, shellfish, carrots, mushrooms, broths, organ meats, are probably ingesting comparatively lower in Maillard Reaction Products, than to their previous regular SAD diet.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Aytundra Wed Jun 29, 2016 wrote:...
Other examples:
3500 g Orange Juice, pure [MuPuSa Card 17]
6650 g Orange juice, raw, homemade [MuPuSa Card 17]*
1905 g Orange juice, reconstituted [MuPuSa Card 17]

* i wonder why homemade raw orange juice has less PUFA? :roll:
Orange peel, got into the juice?
ventor3000

Post by ventor3000 »

Commerical orange juice is made by squeesing the entire orange with peel and everything, at least that is how our local orange juice manufacturer does it. That would explain the higher content of PUFA:s in store-bought orange juice :?:
dcboyer02

Post by dcboyer02 »

Aytundra wrote:
Kasper wrote: Image
The paradox in my view is that PUFAs, are used to prevent rejection of organs (as Novidez quoted from a Ray Peat article several quotes above).
Then I reason, PUFAs are not the cause of inflammation; an inflammatory response is in my view a rejection of something by the body.
That's a misunderstanding.
The very reason they give PUFA when doing an organ transplant is to suppress the immune system so it doesn't react and reject the organ. That was Ray's point. That pufa is SO immunosuppressive that it's used to shut down the immune system even in the medical field.
dcboyer02

Post by dcboyer02 »

Aytundra wrote:Dividing the fatty acids into 6 categories:

1) >33% SFA <--- brain*, milk, liver*, kidney, fish*, salmon-mixed-dishes*, milk-based-desserts, other-puddings, ice cream, yoghurt, butter, dairy-spread, cream, fresh-cheese, milk, hydrogenated-coconut-oil, coconut, coconut milk, coconut water, pomegranate, pumpkin, potatoes-mashedw/milk, rice-white, pastry*, cream puff, pie*, cake*, croissant*, chocolate drinks, coffee w/milk

2) >33% SFA + >33% MUFA <--- brain*, liver*, meat products*, red meats, turkey, poultry*, fish*, egg*, milk-based-desserts, milk-other-puddings-icecream, yoghurt-non-fat, milk, other-animal-fats*, papaya, chocolate candy*, chocolate paste hazelnut*, chocolates dark, green beans cooked, peas-canned, vegetables mixed frozen, watercress, pastry*, gelatin, pie*, cake*, cookies*, brioche*, doughnut*, bread toasted*, rusk*, cheeseburger*, grilled cheese*, hot dog*, sandwich*, pizza*, most mixed dishes - poultry*, most soups and stocks, meat-broth, most baby foods

3) >33% MUFA <--- poultry*, fish*, salmon*, egg*, sherbert, margarine*, fat-spread*, other-animal-fats*, vegetable-oils*, nuts*, mango juice, mango, apricot, avocado*, Jerusalem artichoke, corriander*, cumin*, curry*, egg-pasta, rye-flour, savoury cake*, most salads, coffee black unsweetened

4) >33% MUFA + PUFA <--- tongue, gizzard, fish*, shellfish, salmon*, vegetable-oils*, nuts*, chestnut, seeds*, dried fruits, fruit juices, few fruits peach quince nectarine plum lychee cherry, corn-salad, potatoes chips-crisps*-balls*, rice-red, buckwheat-flour, chicken-broth, some baby foods

5) >33% PUFA<--- turkey, fish*, shellfish*, soy desserts, soy yogurts, margarine*, fat-spread*, vegetable-oils*, nuts*, seeds*, dried fruits, fruit juices, most fruits, chewing gum, Tofu*, all legumes, rice-wild, wheat-flour, meal replacement*, soy drink

6) >33% SFA + >33% PUFA <--- heart*, liver*, fish*, shellfish, dried banana, raisins, banana, grapes, melon, courgette (zucchini), endive, cucumber, onion, (bell) pepper - sweet, salsify, haricots, lentils, potatoes, fruit fritter, coffee-instant

Hahaha, all shellfish has a >33% PUFA ratio! :lol:
hahaha, most juices have a >33% PUFA ratio! :lol:
And the Ray Peat forum tells them to eat shellfish and fruits on top of their milk products... :roll:
{Shh be very quiet, don't tell the Ray Peat forum people that they are eating PUFA!} :mrgreen: ;D :mrgreen: ;D

* a star means that eating over 100 gram of that food item per day will likely make you go over 1.33 g PUFA.
Yeah, you're overthinking this a little. It's impossible to totally avoid pufa. It's even in fruit and veggies in small amounts. The idea is to limit it as much as possible since it stores up in your body over time as your body prefers to burn saturated fat and store unsaturated fat. 4 grams of pufa a day is a good limit to avoid cancer and degenerative diseases, which it totally doable. You can just use cronometer and keep track of what you eat.

I used to be on this forum and had horrible cystic acne, rheumatoid arthritis, IBS, anxiety, insomnia, uveitis, migraines, pms, and the only thing that resolved my symptoms was reading ray peat's work and incorporating it. The wai diet didn't do anything for my acne, even though I followed it to the T. But I think the important thing is to stay humble and always keep learning. I found ray peat's work 4 years ago and haven't had a break out or arthritis since then, unless I starting eating pufa
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

dcboyer02 wrote: That's a misunderstanding.
The very reason they give PUFA when doing an organ transplant is to suppress the immune system so it doesn't react and reject the organ. That was Ray's point. That pufa is SO immunosuppressive that it's used to shut down the immune system even in the medical field.
Where is the proof that the immune system shuts down?
Why use the word suppress?
What if you use the word palatable?
What if PUFAs are making food or organs more palatable to the immunosystem?
i.e. adding salt to food makes a lot of junk food palatable to the tastebuds.
Does salt suppress the tastebuds?
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

dcboyer02 wrote: Yeah, you're overthinking this a little.
No, I am actually not done overthinking that. I think I have 9 hours more to go on creating that spread sheet. Though it is not interesting to finish data entry of those beverages listings, because most of the food results are summarized above.
dcboyer02 wrote: I found ray peat's work 4 years ago...
Just curious, what did you eat?
I found Wai's work > 4 years ago... and only tried it the past 2 years; I guess you are more of an expert on the Peat stuff then.
Aytundra wrote:6) >33% SFA + >33% PUFA <--- heart*, liver*, fish*, shellfish, dried banana, raisins, banana, grapes, melon, courgette (zucchini), endive, cucumber, onion, (bell) pepper - sweet, salsify, haricots, lentils, potatoes, fruit fritter, coffee-instant
Of the 6 categories, I feel this one is the one that I can eat forever on.
Like banana, grapes, melon, cucumbers, I can eat them everyday, if they were not expensive, and time consuming to prepare like peeling grapes.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dcboyer02 wrote:4 grams of pufa a day is a good limit to avoid cancer
Can you back this up?