Ray Peat..Haidut..Ede...etc

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
Aytundra
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Ray Peat..Haidut..Ede...etc

Post by Aytundra »

Novidez has been redirecting me to read other websites.

I am currently reading a bit from Ray Peat : Avocado, Haidut : PUFA, Ede : Cholesterol-Sugar,
and this is all so overwhelmingly confusing for me.

:? :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :evil: :roll:
I am so confused.
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Ray Peat..Haidut..Ede...etc

Post by Oscar »

:lol:
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Aytundra wrote:Novidez has been redirecting me to read other websites.

I am currently reading a bit from Ray Peat : Avocado, Haidut : PUFA, Ede : Cholesterol-Sugar,
and this is all so overwhelmingly confusing for me.
Hey!, it looks like I am misleading you. I don't want that :(
:? :!: :?: :idea: :arrow: :| :evil: :roll:
I am so confused.
Right, right? This is how I feel sometimes :| . I actually have so many questions on a notepad just to write here on the forum once I have some free time.
Oscar wrote: :lol:
Come on, it's not funny :P . I am still a child on this matter, so I still question a lot and I have very much to learn :oops:
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

J'ai pense l'coconut hamster est :lol: @ moi, not you Novi. :roll: - squirrel
Aytundra

Re: Ray Peat vs Avocado

Post by Aytundra »

Ray Peat http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/vegetables.shtml wrote:Animal proteins, and fruits, because they contain the lowest levels of toxins, should form the basis of the diet. Not all fruits, of course, are perfectly safe--avocados, for example, contain so much unsaturated fat that they can be carcinogenic and hepatotoxic.
blah blah blah... "avocados...contain so much unsaturated fat that they can be carcinogenic( cause cells to divide continually) and hepatotoxic (cause liver to break down beyond repair)."

much+unsaturated-fat-of-avocado = carcinogenic + hepatotoxic {summary of RP quote in equation format.}

okay RayPeat show me your proof:
Ray Peat http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/vegetables.shtml wrote: Ann Nutr Metab 1991;35(5):253-60. Effect of dietary avocado oils on hepatic collagen metabolism. Wermam MJ, Mokady S, Neeman I Department of Food Engineering and Biotechnology, Technion - Israel Institute of Technology, Haifa. The effect of various avocado and soybean oils on collagen metabolism in the liver was studied in growing female rats for 8 weeks and in day-old chicks for 1 week. In comparison with rats fed either refined avocado oil, refined or unrefined soybean oils, rats fed unrefined avocado oil showed a significant decrease in total collagen solubility in the liver, while there were no changes in total collagen, protein and moisture content. Chicks fed unrefined avocado oil as compared to those fed refined avocado oil also showed a decrease in hepatic total soluble collagen while hepatic total collagen remained unaffected. Electron micrographs and light-microscope examinations of rats' liver revealed collagen accumulation in the periportal location. This is suggestive of the early stages of fibrosis.
Thank you RP for citing an article as your prroof!

Now RayPeat, that is an interesting choice, but you are failing horribly in quoting articles:

A) 1991! ha can you not be more recent we live in 2016.
{but good articles can come from ancients. shh, lets keep thinking aytundra. - reasoning aytundra}

B) no pub Med article link out and no indication of work cited in other articles, da da dump! http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1776821
{oh my Ray Peat, you need to be careful about sample size, yes, very much, I need to know how many rats they used. Also if other people liked reading that article is very very important! - reasoning-article-reading-aytundra}

C) "unrefined avocado oil showed a significant decrease in total collagen solubility in the liver."
{lol, decrease relative to what? I mean you need a negative control or something right, or is that article just assuming by default collagen is suppose to be soluble in the liver.}

D) collagen is soluble in liver after having refined avocado oil but collagen is less soluble in liver after having unrefined avocado oil.
{anyways Ray Peat it looks like it depends on how the Avocado oil is processed to affect collagen solubility. You cannot just say Avocado unsaturated fatty acids are bad, and tag on negativeadjectives-of-disease like carcinogenic and hepatotoxic. }

E) "This is suggestive of the early stages of fibrosis"
{oh my this article is imaginative, where is the proof that rat and chicken got fibrosis? It only said collagen accumulation in the periportal location. Now if you gave the rat some unrefined avocado oil you could make the collagen not soluble and if you gave the rat some refined avocado oil you can make the collagen soluble, at least according to the article, but it does not change the "total" collagen in the rat or chicken liver. So who cares if collagen sits in the liver. Collagen sitting in the liver does not equal fibrosis, hepatotoxic or carcinogenic. You need more mechanisms to be shown to illustrate those, if there is any. }

---
Aytundra's summary:
Ray Peat did not do his research on his Avocado statement. Hence we do not need to believe him on his opinions of Avocado unsaturated fat = bad.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

After browsing Ray Peat's articles,
Ray Peat thinks:
- saturated fats = good , unsaturated fats = bad, PUFA polyunsaturated fats = bad, EFA essential fatty acids = a myth that it is "essential" created by the food-drug industry.*
- Ray Peat says animals with lower PUFA live better. http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/un ... fats.shtml
- Ray Peat exposes fish-oil-industry trying to market fish-oil as good food. http://raypeat.com/articles/articles/fishoil.shtml
- Ray Peat's forum member Haidut support Ray Peat's position on ingesting ZERO grams of PUFAs, with his supply of articles...
-----

*If I understand Ray Peat's position correctly, these beliefs of his, causes Ray Peat's diet to eliminate:
nuts
seeds (not Wai Calculator Item)
vegetable oil (not Wai Calculator Item)
mayo (not Wai Calculator Item)
soy (not Wai Calculator Item)
beans (not Wai Calculator Item)
avocados
-----
Ray Peat's diet promotes eating:
oysters (not Wai Calculator Item)
cod (not Wai Calculator Item)
crab (not Wai Calculator Item)
sole fish (not Wai Calculator Item)
shrimp (not Wai Calculator Item)
oxtail (not Wai Calculator Item)
gelatin (not Wai Calculator Item)
shanks (not Wai Calculator Item)
liver (not Wai Calculator Item)
milk (not Wai Calculator Item)
butter (not Wai Calculator Item)
icecream (not Wai Calculator Item)
cheese (not Wai Calculator Item)
eggs
potatoes (not Wai Calculator Item)
carrots (not Wai Calculator Item)
bamboo shoots (not Wai Calculator Item)
coconut oil (not Wai Calculator Item)
mexican cola (not Wai Calculator Item)
honey
cane sugar (not Wai Calculator Item)
orange juice
grapes
papaya
sapotas (not Wai Calculator Item)
mangos
lychees (not Wai Calculator Item)
cherries
watermelon
--------------------- Data from: https://raypeatforum.com/community/thre ... elines.20/

Note: Ray Peat allows cooked foods. But I have not searched Ray Peat's website enough to understand what he thinks of fats being cooked...oxidized...etc.

- Conclusion only 8 items overlap between Wai Items and Peat Items: eggs, orange juice, mango, watermelon, cherries, papaya, grapes, honey.
- Wai Diet is not the same as Ray Peat's Diet. Large volumes of possible Orange Juice intake might be the similarity between these diets.
Novidez

Post by Novidez »

Damn Aytundra, you're a much better (but way much better) researcher than me. I have to be honest with you, since I don't have your knowledge, knowing that you were reading some of his articles too made me quiet happy. Because it really helps me understanding more what he says and, of course, then, I become less confused. So, I just have to thank you :)

Btw, regarding the Avocado, I think this is also an issue: http://www.scottschlegel.net/5-toxic-fo ... e-healthy/
This guys cites Ray Peat, what do you have to think about this? (ah!, don't look at the year of the studies he mentions ahah xD )
This is actually I doubt that I have: how badly is to eat the skin spots of the avocado? I always try to remove them, but sometimes I eat some... I didn't know they were such harmful for us. Or are they really...?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I think ray peat diet is more similar to wai diet. He also warns for cooking eggs, because of oxidizing cholesterol. Non fatty fish and meat are part of both diets. Vegetables are excluded in both. Both diets warn against fiber.

I think RRMs orange juice + egg yolks + sugar + wild salmon, is pretty much a ray peat approved diet, also because wild salmon doesn't contain as much PUFA as farmed salmon.

He thinks cooking, fat is not that dangerous, because the high oxygen content of the blood, will damage unsaturated fats any way. Therefore he says, it is better to eat fats that can not be damaged, saturated fats. So better to eat coconut oil, than avocado oil.

I think he thinks AGE formation is also driven by polyunsaturated fats. He thinks avoiding PUFA is more important than avoiding cooking I believe. I find this reasoning a bit strange theoretical, but I remember seeing data that high PUFA food indeed correlated very much with AGE content.

I really don't have the skills to judge this though.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Kasper wrote: He thinks cooking, fat is not that dangerous, because the high oxygen content of the blood, will damage unsaturated fats any way. Therefore he says, it is better to eat fats that can not be damaged, saturated fats. So better to eat coconut oil, than avocado oil.
Interesting, if I am reading your interpretations correctly:
Ray Peat believes high oxygen content of human blood damages fats, especially if PUFA are transported in the blood stream;
and Ray Peat believes oxidation of cooking is less damaging to fats than the oxidation from human blood.
Ray Peat believes saturated fats cannot be damaged by high oxygen content of blood; {As in less hydrogenation of the fatty acids?}
but, Does Ray Peat believes saturated fats cannot be damaged by cooking? {but, What about AGEs from cooking? and Burnt stuff from roasting?}
Kasper wrote:I think he thinks AGE formation is also driven by polyunsaturated fats. He thinks avoiding PUFA is more important than avoiding cooking I believe. I find this reasoning a bit strange theoretical, but I remember seeing data that high PUFA food indeed correlated very much with AGE content.
I wonder, Which type of AGEs were listed on the data in those high PUFA food?
Does Ray Peat know another AGE other than CML?
CML-AGEs is regarded as not a dangerous AGE on the Wai Forum by RRM (see thread).

Well Uribarri J. et al . 2010 found CML-AGEs in fruits olive and avocado:
Avocado 1577 kU CML-AGE/100g
Olive, ripe, large (5 g) 1,670 kU CML0AGE/100g
- Comparing 100 g of each item, Avocados has less CML-AGEs than ripe-large-olives {Why would Ray Peat say Olive is better than Avocado?; assuming Ray Peat is rejecting Avocado based on PUFA-turning-into-AGEs.}

Also, Uribarri J. et al . 2010 found CML-AGEs in olive oil, and butter:
Oil, olive, extra virgin, first cold pressed (Colavita, Linden, NJ) 10,040 kU CML-AGE/100g
Oil, olive 11,900 kU CML-AGE/100g
Butter, sweet cream, unsalted, whipped (Land O’Lakes, St Paul, MN) 23,340 kU CML-AGE/100g
Butter, whipped 26,480 kU CML-AGE/100g

- I wish Uribarri also measured coconut oil and avocado oil.
Aytundra

Re: Ray Peat...PUFA

Post by Aytundra »

PUFA?
Enlighten me! {i am confused}
Is PUFA 100% to stay or 100% to be removed?

If someone said the sky is falling.
And I asked for proof,
And they said look it rained,
And they said look it snowed,
Now can you feel the icy crystal balls?
The sky will fall soon,
And I was three,
I might believe indeed the sky would fall tomorrow.
And become hysterically unreasonable.

Is PUFA a sky story or is it a real story?
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I think PUFA should be low, and omega 6, omega 3 in equal ratio more and less.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Kasper wrote:omega 6, omega 3 in equal ratio more and less.
equal ratios or equal grams?

[quote=" Source Textbook - Nutrition: a functional approach Cdn Edition. Thompson J., Manore M., Sheeshka J. (2007). "Dietary Reference Intakes: RDA, AI*, (AMDR)" - Adapted from the Dietary Reference Intakes series, National Academies Press. http://www.nap.edu. on page H-2. ISBN0-321-25294-2"]

n-6 polyunsaturated fatty acids (alpha-linolenic acid)(g/d) | n-3 polyunsaturated fatty acids (alpha-linolenic acid) (g/d)
4.4*(ND) | 0.5* (ND) = Infants 0-6 months 7-12 months
4.6*(ND) | 0.5* (ND) = Infants 7-12 months
7* (5-10) | 0.7* (0.6-1.2) = Children 1-3 years
10* (5-10) | 0.9* (0.6-1.2) = Children 4-8 years
12* (5-10) | 1.2* (0.6-1.2) = Males 9-13 years
16* (5-10) | 1.6* (0.6-1.2) = Males 14-18 years
17* (5-10) | 1.6* (0.6-1.2) = Males 19-30 years
17* (5-10) | 1.6* (0.6-1.2) = Males 31-50 years
14* (5-10) | 1.6* (0.6-1.2) = Males 51-70 years
14* (5-10) | 1.6* (0.6-1.2) = Males >70 years
10* (5-10) | 1.0* (0.6-1.2) = Females 9-13 years
11* (5-10) | 1.1* (0.6-1.2) = Females 14-18 years
12* (5-10) | 1.1* (0.6-1.2) = Females 19-30 years
12* (5-10) | 1.1* (0.6-1.2) = Females 31-50 years
11* (5-10) | 1.1* (0.6-1.2) = Females 51-70 years
11* (5-10) | 1.1* (0.6-1.2) = Females >70 years
13* (5-10) | 1.4* (0.6-1.2) = Pregnancy <= 18 years
13* (5-10) | 1.4* (0.6-1.2) = Pregnancy 19-30 years
13* (5-10) | 1.4* (0.6-1.2) = Pregnancy 31-50 years
13* (5-10) | 1.3* (0.6-1.2) = Lactation <=18 years
13* (5-10) | 1.3* (0.6-1.2) = Lactation 19-30 years
13* (5-10) | 1.3* (0.6-1.2) = Lactation 31-50 years
-------
- This table is adapted from the DRI reports, see http://www.nap.edu.
- Adequate Intakes (AIs) marked by an asterisk(*), and Acceptable Macronutrients Distribution Range (AMDR) provided in parentheses.
- ND = Not determinable due to lack of data of adverse effects in this age group and concern with regard to lack of ability to handle excess - - --amounts. Source of intakes should be from food only to prevent high levels of intake.
- Data in parentheses are Acceptable Macronutrient Distribution Range (AMDR). This is the range of intake for a particular energy source that is associated with reduced risk of chronic disease while providing intakes of essential nutrients. If an individual consumes in excess of the AMDR, there is a potential of increasing the risk of chronic diseases and/or insufficient intakes of essential nutrients.[/quote]

It looks like the recommendations dating prior 2007 had omega-6 at 10 times the grams of omega-3 for PUFA.
With the AMDR ranging PUFA fats as 5.6 to 11.2 percent of daily intake.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »

I think it is impossible on any diet that contains fat to have too little omega-6. Just look at omega-6 content of food. They all have it.

If you have too little omega-6, I think a side effect should be that you have very little inflammation (no inflammatory prostaglandins). But it will be very hard. Your membranes store omega-6, for like years. Maybe if you eat fully hydrogenated coconut oil for years as only fat, you one time may get at the point that you have too little omega-6 (and omega-3 of course). Some people think, that this is no problem, as your body will make mead acid instead, to make those inflammatory prostaglandins.

Too little omega-3 is much more common, as omega-3 and omega-6 compete with each other. But if you eat fish, it should be no problem. Good quality meat (lamb, beef) also contains omega-3.

But many people think, not only Ray Peat, that omega-3 and omega-6 should not be taken in high dosages. Certainly not supplement it with fish oil or something. Because it oxidises, fish, is much better. Fish contains stuff that make sure that omega-3 and omega-6 doesn't oxidize. Like vitamin E and astaxanthin.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

I imagine Peat once logic like this:

Let, Fastfood = bad {normal general assumption/opinion by most people}
Let, Fruits = good {normal general assumption/opinion by most people}

Does PUFA correlate with Fastfood?
Does PUFA correlate with Fruits?

Fastfood correlated with PUFA in #.#00 range;
Fruits correlated with PUFA in 0.0## range;

therefore AVOCADO = Fastfood because #.#00.

---
Ray Peat's logic is to refuse PUFA foods. (avocado got caught in his Pseudo-Eratosthenes-Food-Seive-of-Ray-Peat).
...and,
Wai's logic is to refuse Cooked foods which spares raw-avocado from being eliminated as a food.
...both methods refuses most Fast Food.
(Assuming that I am correct in assuming their perspective/logic).

Would, Fastfood-mashed-potatoes and Fastfood-hash-browns be okay to Ray Peat?
[quote="
Citation/Source of Data (Thompson J., Manore M., Sheeshka J. (2007). Nutrition: a functional approach Cdn Edition. "Appendix A Nutrient Values of Foods" on page: A-40 to A-41, A-A50 to A-A56. ISBN0-321-25294-2). "]

Poly (g) | Food Weight in grams (Amount) | Item Name
1.165 | 71 g (1 slice) | Fast food, pizza w/pepperoni
4.751 | 299 g (1 piece) | Fast food, potato baked, topped w/cheese & bacon
6.044 | 296 g (1 piece) | Fast food, potato, baked, topped w/cheese sauce
3.316 | 302 g (1 piece) | Fast food, potato, baked, topped w/sour cream & chives
5.288 | 169 g (1 large) | Fast food, potato, French fried, w/vegetable oil
0.234 | 80 g (0.333 cup) | Fast food, potato, mashed
0.47 | 72 g (0.5 cup) | Fast food, potatoes, hash brown
3.502 | 176 g (1 sandwich) | Fast food, roast beef sandwich w/cheese
1.706 | 139 g (1 sandwich) | Fast food, roast beef sandwich, plain
0.256 | 15 g (1 tbsp) | Fast food, salad dressing Italian, w/salt, diet (2 kcal/tsp)
5.889 | 13.8 g (1 tbsp) | Fast food, salad dressing, mayonnaise, soybean oil, w/salt
6.394 | 99 g (0.75 cup) | Fast food, salad, cole slaw
2.869 | 95 g (0.333 cup) | Fast food, salad, potato
1.748 | 198 g (1.5 cup) | Fast food, salad, taco
1.537 | 261 g (1.5 cup) | Fast food, salad, taco w/chili con carne
6.4 | 136 g (1 biscuit) | Fast food, sandwich, biscuit w/egg
7.47 | 150 g (1 biscuit) | Fast food, sandwich, biscuit w/egg & bacon
7.699 | 192 g (1 biscuit) | Fast food, sandwich, biscuit w/egg & ham
4.446 | 180 g (1 biscuit) | Fast food, sandwich, biscuit, w/egg & sausage
3.495 | 144 g (1 biscuit) | Fast food, sandwich, biscuit, w/egg, cheese & bacon
1.037 | 113 g (1 biscuit) | Fast food, sandwich, biscuit, w/ham
3.026 | 124 g (1 biscuit) | Fast food, sandwich, biscuit, w/sausage
2.658 | 166 g (1 sandwich) | Fast food, sandwich, cheeseburger (2 patty) condiments & vegetables
1.914 | 155 g (1 sandwich) | Fast food, sandwich, cheeseburger (2 patty) plain
2.711 | 195 g (1 sandwich) | Fast food, sandwich, cheeseburger, large, one meat patty w/bacon & condiments
2.026 | 219 g (1 sandwich) | Fast food, sandwich, cheeseburger, large, one meat patty w/condiments & vegetables
9.948 | 228 g (1 sandwich) | Fast food, sandwich, chicken fillet w/cheese
8.383 | 182 g (1 sandwich) | Fast food, sandwich, chicken fillet, plain
1.367 | 127 g (1 croissant) | Fast food, sandwich, croissant w/egg & cheese
1.758 | 129 g (1 croissant) | Fast food, sandwich, croissant w/egg, cheese & bacon
2.359 | 152 g (1 croissant) | Fast food, sandwich, croissant w/egg, cheese & ham
2.694 | 115 g (1 muffin) | Fast food, sandwich, English muffin w/cheese & sausage
1.558 | 137 g (1 sandwich) | Fast food, sandwich, English muffin w/egg, cheese & Canadian bacon
8.248 | 158 g (1 sandwich) | Fast food, sandwich fish w/tartar sauce
9.432 | 183 g (1 sandwich) | Fast food, sandwich fish w/tartar sauce & cheese
2.796 | 226 g (1 sandwich) | Fast food, sandwich, hamburger, large (2 patty)
2.202 | 218 g (1 sandwich) | Fast food, sandwich, hamburger, large, one meat patty w/condiments & vegetables
2.577 | 110 g (1 sandwich) | Fast food, sandwich, hamburger, one patty w/condiments & vegetables
---
Fruits & Polyunsaturated Fats (PUFA)
0.108 | 212 g (1 large (3-1/4"dia) (approx 2 per lb)) | Fruit, apple w/skin, raw
0.047 | 128 g (1 medium (2-3/4"dia) (approx 3 per lb)) | Fruit, apple, peeled, raw, medium
0.294 | 204 g (1 cup slices) | Fruit, apple, slices, sweetened, canned, drained
0.138 | 255 g (1 cup) | Fruit, applesauce, canned, sweetened, w/added vit C
0.034 | 244 g (1 cup) | Fruit, applesauce, canned, unsweetened, w/added vit C
0.039 | 258 g (1 cup, halves) | Fruit, apricot w/skin, canned in heavy syrup
0.017 | 244 g (1 cup, halves) | Fruit, apricot w/skin, canned in juice
0.048 | 242 g (1 cup) | Fruit, apricot, frozen, sweetened
0.014 | 227 g (1 cup, whole, without pits) | Fruit, apricot, peeled, canned in H2O
0.044 | 258 g (1 cup, whole, without pits) | Fruit, apricot, peeled canned in heavy syrup
0.027 | 35 g (1 apricot) | Fruit, apricot, raw
3.484 | 173 g (1 fruit without skin and seed) | Fruit, avocado, California, peeled, raw <---{Yikes Avocado PUFA looks like Fast food values}
0.086 | 118 g (1 medium (7" to 7-7-8" long) | Fruit, banana, peeled, raw, mashed/sliced
0.37 | 151 g (1 cup, unthawed) | Fruit, blackberries, frozen, unsweetened
0.403 | 144 g (1 cup) | Fruit, blackberries, raw
0.432 | 155 g (1 cup, unthawed) | Fruit, blueberries, frozen, raw
0.212 | 145 g (1 cup) | Fruit, blueberries, raw
0.174 | 256 g (1 cup) | Fruit, boysenberries, canned in heavy syrup
0.195 | 132 g (1 cup, unthawed) | Fruit, boysenberries, frozen, unsweetened
0.145 | 220 g (1 cup) | Fruit, breadfruit, peeled, raw
0.262 | 137 g (1 cup, cubes) | Fruit, carambola (starfruit) raw
0.074 | 256 g (1 cup) | Fruit, cherries, sour, red, canned in heavy syrup
0.205 | 155 g (1 cup, unthawed) | Fruit, cherries, sour, red, frozen, unsweetened
0.073 | 244 g (1 cup) | Fruit, cherries, sour/tart, red, canned in H2O
0.114 | 253 g (1 cup, pitted) | Fruit, cherries, sweet, canned in heavy syrup
0.015 | 250 g (1 cup, pitted) | Fruit, cherries, sweet, canned in juice
0.061 | 117 g (1 cup, with pits) | Fruit, cherries, sweet raw
0.06 | 110 g (1 cup, chopped) | Fruit, cranberries, raw
0.038 | 57 g (1 slice (1/2" thick, approx 8 slices per can) | Fruit, cranberry sauce, canned, sweetened
?.??? | 275 g (1 cup) | Fruit, cranberry-orange relish, canned
0.099 | 112 g (1 cup) | Fruit, currant, red or white, raw
0.259 | 144 g (1 cup) | Fruit, currants, zante, dried
0.034 | 178 g (1 cup pitted, chopped) | Fruit, dates, domestic, natural, dried
0.124 | 259 g (1 cup) | Fruit, figs, canned in heavy syrup
0.514 | 149 g (1 cup) | Fruit, figs, dried, raw
0.092 | 64 g (1 large) | Fruit, figs, raw
0.475 | 150 g (1 cup) | Fruit, gooseberries, raw
0.052 | 249 g (1 cup) | Fruit, grapefruit, canned in juice
0.031 | 128 g (1/2 medium (approx 4"dia) | Fruit, grapefruit, red, white or pink, peeled, raw
0.094 | 92 g (1 cup) | Fruit, grapes, American type (slip skin) raw
0.228 | 90 g (1 fruit) | Fruit, guava, common, raw
0.218 | 76 g (1 fruit without skin, medium) | Fruit, kiwifruit (Chinese gooseberry) peeled, raw
0.032 | 19 g (1 fruit without refuse) | Fruit, kumquat, raw
0.009 | 2.5 g (1 fruit) | Fruit, lychee (litchi) shelled, dried
0.013 | 9.6 g (1 fruit) | Fruit, lychee (litchi) shelled, raw
0.084 | 165 g (1 cup, sliced) | Fruit, mango, peeled, raw
0.17 | 173 g (1 cup, unthawed) | Fruit, melon balls (cantaloupe & honeydew) frozen
0.083 | 102 g (1 wedge, large (1/8 of large melon) | Fruit, melon, cantaloupe (musk) peeled, pieces/balls, raw
0.066 | 170 g (1 cup, cubes) | Fruit, melon, casaba, peeled, raw
0.094 | 160 g (1 wedge (1/8 of 6" to 7" dia melon))| Fruit, melon, honeydew, peeled, wedges, raw
0.322 | 293 g (1 package (11oz)) | Fruit, mixed (prune, apricot & pear) dried
0.154 | 136 g (1 fruit (2-5/8"dia)) | Fruit, nectarine, raw
0.077 | 8.4 g (1 tbsp) | Fruit, olives, ripe, pitted, canned
0.033 | 131 g (1 fruit (2-5/8"dia)) | Fruit, orange, all varieties, peeled, raw
0.094 | 304 g (1 medium (5-1/8" long x 3" dia) | Fruit, papayas, peeled, cubed/mashed, raw
0.074 | 18 g (1 fruit) | Fruit, passion fruit/granadilla, purple, peeled, raw
0.123 | 262 g (1 cup) | Fruit, peach, canned in heavy syrup
0.04 | 250 g (1 cup) | Fruit, peach, canned in juice
0.16 | 250 g (1 cup thawed) | Fruit, peach, frozen, sweetened
0.084 | 98 g (1 medium (2/1/2"dia) (approx 4 per lb)) | Fruit, peach, peeled raw
0.08 | 266 g (1 cup) | Fruit, pear, canned in heavy syrup
0.037 | 248 g (1 pear, medium (approx 2-1/2 per lb)) | Fruit, pear, raw
0.048 | 166 g (1 cup, halves) | Fruit, pear, raw
?.??? | 25 g (1 fruit) | Fruit, persimmon, native, raw
0.102 | 254 g (1 cup, crushed, sliced, or chunks) | Fruit, pineapple, canned in heavy syrup
0.072 | 249 g (1 cup, crushed, sliced, or chunks) | Fruit, pineapple, canned in juice
0.066 | 200 g (1 cup, mashed) | Fruit, plantain, peeled, cooked
0.057 | 258 g (1 cup, pitted) | Fruit, plum, purple, canned in heavy syrup
0.013 | 252 g (1 cup, pitted) | Fruit, plum, purple, canned in juice
0.029 | 66 g (1 fruit (2-1/8" dia)) | Fruit, plum, raw
0.097 | 154 g (1 fruit (3-3/8" dia)) | Fruit, pomegranates, peeled, raw
0.317 | 149 g (1 cup) | Fruit, prickly pear, peeled, raw
0.037 | 86 g (5 fruits with liquids) | Fruit, prunes, canned in heavy syrup
0.005 | 8.4 g (1 prune) | Fruit, prunes, dried
?.??? | 609 g (1 fruit) | Fruit, pommelo, peeled, raw
0.046 | 92 g (1 fruit) | Fruit, quinces, peeled raw
0.054 | 145 g (1 cup (not packed)) | Fruit, raisins, seedless
0.461 | 123 g (1 cup) | Fruit, raspberries, raw
0.222 | 250 g (1 cup, unthawed) | Fruit, raspberries, red, frozen, sweetened
0.06 | 240 g (1 cup) | Fruit, rhubarb, frozen, cooked w/sugar
0.121 | 122 g (1 cup, diced) | Fruit, rhubarb, raw
0.173 | 255 g (2 cup, thawed) | Fruit, strawerries, frozen, whole, sweetened
0.236 | 152 g (1 cup, halves) | Fruit, strawberries, halves/slices, raw
0.001 | 2 g (1 fruit (3" x 1") | Fruit, tamarind, raw
0.077 | 154 g (1 cup balls) | Fruit, watermelon, balls, raw
[/quote]
I added the color fonts and retyped the data to post here, any typos are mines.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

[quote="Citation/Source of Data (Thompson J., Manore M., & Sheeshka J. (2007). Nutrition: a functional approach Cdn Edition. "Appendix A Nutrient Values of Foods" on page: A-40 to A-41, A-A50 to A-A56. ISBN0-321-25294-2)."]
Fish & Polyunsaturated Fats (PUFA)
0.203 | 125 g (0.5 cup) | Fish broth
17.358 | 186 g (1 cup) | Fish sticks, meatless <--- haha, this is not even fish, look at the PUFA
1.156 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, bass, freshwater, cooked w/dry heat
0.854 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, bass, striped, cooked w/dry heat
1.216 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish carp, raw
2.826 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, catfish, channel, breaded & fried
1.183 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish catfish, channel, farmed, cooked w/dry heat
1.185 | 16 g (1 tbsp) | Fish, caviar, black/red, granular
0.248 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, cod, Atlantic, baked/broiled (dry heat)
0.266 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, cod, Pacific, cooked w/dry heat
1.032 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, eel, baked or broiled (dry heat)
0.263 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, haddock, baked, or broiled (dry heat)
0.273 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, haddock, smoked
0.799 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, halibut, Atlantic & Pacific, baked or broiled (dry heat)
1.49 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, halibut, Greenland, cooked w/dry heat
2.325 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, herring, Atlantic, baked or broiled (dry heat)
2.64 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, herring, Pacific, cooked w/dry heat
0.286 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, light tuna, canned in H2O, drained
2.452 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, light tuna, canned in oil, drained
3.655 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, mackerel, Atlantic, baked or broiled (dry heat)
0.501 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, mackerel, king, cooked w/dry heat
0.465 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, ocean perch, Atlantic, baked or broiled (dry heat)
0.405 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, octopus, common, cooked w/moist heat
0.401 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, perch, baked or broiled (dry heat)
0.22 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, pike, northern, baked or broiled (dry heat)
0.487 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, pike, walleye, cooked w/dry heat
0.529 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, pollock, Atlantic, cooked w/dry heat
0.445 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, pollock, walleye, baked or broiled
1.239 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, pompano, Florida, baked or broiled (dry heat)
0.505 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, rockfish, Pacific, baked or broiled (dry heat)
2.893 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, roe, cooked w/dry heat <--- {looks like caviar is not on RayPeat's menu}
0.014 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, roughy, orange, cooked w/dry heat
3.762 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, salmon, Atlantic, farmed, cooked w/dry heat
2.768 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, salmon, Atlantic, wild, cooked w/dry heat
1.605 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, salmon, sockeye w/bone, canned, drained
2.048 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, salmon, sockeye, baked or broiled (dry heat)
0.81 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, sea bass, baked or broiled (dry heat)
0.79 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, sea trout, cooked w/dry heat
3.146 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, shark, battered, fried
0.965 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, smelt, rainbow, baked or broiled (dry heat)
0.5 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, snapper, baked or broiled (dry heat)
1.816 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, squid, fried
0.752 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, sturgeon, baked or broiled
0.371 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, sturgeon, smoked
1.005 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, swordfish, baked or broiled (dry heat)
1.98 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, trout, rainbow, farmed, cooked w/dry heat
1.556 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, trout, wild, cooked w/dry heat
8.45 | 205 g (1 cup) | Fish, tuna salad <--- {salad dressing?}
1.567 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, tuna, bluefin, baked or broiled (dry heat)
0.309 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, tuna, yellowfin, fresh, cooked w/dry heat
?.???| 85 g (3 oz) | Fish turbot, European, cooked w/dry heat
0.943 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, white tuna, canned in H2O, drained
2.526 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, white tuna, canned in oil, drained
2.342 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, whitefish, cooked w/dry heat
0.499 | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, whiting, baked or broiled (dry heat)
?.??? | 85 g (3 oz) | Fish, yellowtail, cooked w/dry heat
[/quote]
I added colours, retyped data, typos are mines.

Fish has PUFA 0.#00.
- I wish the textbook told me if the fish were cooked and measured with the skin on or off?
- Some fish are baked, Are they batter with bread crumbs, I wonder if anything was added to the baking process?
- Are they netting PUFA or are they netting Carboxymethyllysine CML-AGE like Uribarri. J. 's article? How can the same grams of fish and fish type have more PUFA after cooking? Or is there variability between cuts of fish steaks?
- I also wonder what the farmed fish are fed?