Dr. L. Wilson...

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
Aytundra
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Dr. L. Wilson...

Post by Aytundra »

http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/FRUIT.htm

Novidez got me onto that website again.
Last time I was on it was reading JeffC's post.
It is has long been overdue for me to produce my opinions on that piece of work.
I am posting here because I am quoting loooong pieces of text from that website that might need to be deleted.
I agree with Kasper's opinion that L.Wilson's stuff is crap and a waste of time.
Aytundra

Re: Dr. L. Wilson...

Post by Aytundra »

Dr. Lawrence Wilson http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/FRUIT.htm wrote: SUMMARY
Most people enjoy eating fruit, and many health authorities recommend eating it as part of a balanced and healthy diet.
However, I find fruit is not a healthful food today, and it is not needed at all in the diet. Fruit is mainly sugar and water, with a small amount of minerals. In addition, the potassium and some of the phosphorus fruit contains today is often somewhat toxic {why is it toxic Dr.Wilson?}, and the balance of its minerals in not correct for most people {and almost all solo food item never has the exact mineral balance, your body needs, so you need to eat many units of food items.; the only exception I can think of is ifyou had a device to measure the minerals your body lacks in that moment and then have a machine that synthesize a pill with the exact ratio of minerals so that you have one food item to take for all your minerals...which is impossible.} . Fructose found in most fruit is a harmful sugar that puts on weight {where is your citation Dr. Wilson?}, feeds parasites in the body {if you assume there is parasite, but parasite feeds on any food molecules you ingest, so who cares, that is not a point Dr. Wilson, you should know that, you are using the word parasite as a fear factor, this is an excellent example of a fear-monger's speech}, and fruit is much too yin {Dr. Wilson why are you using jargon? (yin=low/dark)}for regular use. This article discusses the very controversial {Please drop your adverbs and adjectives, it is not helping your writing. lol, "very controversial", that is subjective and that is in your opinion.}topic of fruit-eating.

BENEFITS OF EATING FRUIT

Reasons why many health authorities suggest eating fruit include:

· Fruit is a whole, natural food.
· Fruit contains vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, natural sugars and other nutrients.
· Fruit is convenient, easy to eat, and tasty.

SYMPTOMS ASSOCIATED WITH EATING {(only)} FRUIT

This section incorporates our own research findings {hehe, your biased opinion Dr. Wilson. It is not research without citation.} and that of many others who have worked with those who eat {(only?)} fruit or have eaten a lot of {(only?)} fruit for a period of some years, in most cases.

Birth defects. Mothers of unborn children are deeply affected by vegetarian, vegan and fruitarian diets {citation?; are you referring to the carotene that some vegetarians overdo with their carrot juicing, the teratogen of carotene?}. This can cause more {adverb abuse again} birth defects {fear-monger's speech again, where is your citation, I am not asking for a controlled study but even an anecdotal case study even? Do you have the ability to cite articles Dr. Wilson?}. This is due mainly to very low zinc in fruits {citation?}, and a deficiency of the sulfur-bearing {you mean sulfur treatment of fruits Dr. Wilson?} and other amino acids in fruitarian and vegetarian diets. Vegan diets are among the worst {worst compared to what other diets?, come on use your sentence writing skills, you need a predicate}.
Attention deficit disorders, autism, cancers and other problems in children {uhm, your sentence is incomplete, what happens to these children? Don't tell me you are tagging on this half-finished sentence to this paragraph as a fear-monger's paragraph by saying Set-Adj-negative-disease-insert-into-persuasion-paragraph}. Eating fruit is particularly harmful for fast oxidizers, which includes most young children {citation?, by the way, have you studied chemistry? oxidization occurs between molecules, you should not label children as oxidizers.} Fast oxidizers {humans have molecular reactions that oxidizes and reduces, LEO says GER, losing electrons oxidation, gaining electrons reduction} must eat fat with each meal. The sugar in fruit upsets the metabolism severely {citation? and adverbs without mechanism.}.
Deranged digestion {this is not even a sentence, your telegraphic speech is a bit deranged, digestion does not have a mind, so your adjective is pointless}. Eating fruit seriously deranges {adverb, adjective} the digestive system in many people {How does the word "derange" modify your noun?}. Sugar in all fruit feeds yeasts, parasites, and other harmful pathogens in the intestines {oh, yes and sugar feeds human cells too, and good cells, and healthy cells, and brain cells... what is your point?}. The digestive tract becomes more yin {more yin = more dark? not sure what language you speak but maybe drinking barium might help support your sentence here Dr. Wilson to make the digestive tract block more light, such that x-rays can not pass through?}, more fragile and often more “leaky”{...because of what? fruit? how? your mechanism please! no more broken sentences please!} . This affect the digestion and absorption of all nutrients {yes, if your stomach is broken then of course your digestion would be affected.}. It {you mean fruit, don't use "it" unless you are playing a child's game of tag.} always {toughie, 'always' is a strong adverb, you better back this tough adverb with some proof} seems to aggravate or cause overgrowth of yeasts such as candida albicans {citation}. Fruit acids and the toxic {lol, toxic=bad in your speech, not that toxic=deadly, you are hyperbole-ing} potassium found in today’s fruit also irritate the intestines. Most fruit is also sprayed with pesticides, and the residues often also irritate the intestines, even with organically grown fruit{citation?}. Fruit requires pesticides in many areas to grow it at all. Even the natural pesticides used on organic fruit are somewhat toxic {toxic to the insects, right Wilson...?}.

Cardiovascular problems. Fruit can weaken this body system and can cause a shortened lifespan, among other disorders and problems {and how does this sentence relate to the heart?}. Fructose affects copper metabolism {citation?}, which may be the reason for its negative effects on the cardiovascular system {how, citation?}.

Pain syndromes. Stopping all fruit and returning to a diet with plenty of cooked, and not raw, vegetables often stops joint pain and other types of pain within a few weeks {context, what is your context, are we talking about a fruitarian here that did not eat protein? and fats?} Causes for pain with fruit-eating may be a zinc deficiency {from not eating protein or animal protein? and being a 100% fruitarian}, inflammation due to fruit acids {or any acids}, toxic potassium {or bad potassium?}, too much sugar {from processed-vegan foods/ aka junk foods}, or possibly other causes {"other causes" joy! finally Dr. Wilson is realizing other things than fruit can also cause pain, he has just nullified his whole blurb about fruit and pain, also fruit and disease.}.

Okay I give up, his writing is too challengingly aloof for me to fact-check.
My comments are in purple. His last thing about fruit and pain syndromes, he said it could be from other causes... that are not fruit.
Basically he cannot villain-ize fruit.
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Dr. Lawrence Wilson http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/FRUIT.htm wrote: WHY DOES FRUIT-EATING CAUSE THESE PROBLEMS?

1. Fruit is one of the most yin foods one can eat.
In the Macrobiotic conception of yin and yang, fruit is an extremely yin food.
Yin refers to certain qualities such as cold, expanded, and sweet-tasting or sugary.
Fruit also grows above ground and often up in the air, another quality associated with yin.
In botanical terms, fruits are expanded ovaries of plants.
This “body part” appears to make them even more yin.
In the traditional Chinese conception of yin and yang, fruit is not uniformly yin.
However, it is uniformly yin in the macrobiotic view of yin and yang, and we find this to be most accurate.
To understand Dr. Lawrence Wilson, Dr. Lawrence Wilson's thinking is influenced by traditional Chinese conception of yin and yang.
Yin and Yang is seen in the Yin Yang symbol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Yin_and_yang.
The theory is that any polar opposite quality/set-of-words can be assigned to either being Yin or Yang.
Also that any Yin is not 100% yin it has a bit of yang, and not all Yang is 100% yang as it has a bit of yin.
If I had to explain his sentence "Yin refers to certain qualities such as cold, expanded, and sweet-tasting or sugary", I would classify it like this (see below), with additional examples of yin and yang concept.
Example:
{dark}, {light}(yin, yang)
cold, {hot}(yin, yang)
expanded, {contracted} (yin, yang)
{less}, {more} (yin, yang)
{sad}, {happy }(yin, yang)
{woman}, {man} (yin, yang)
sweet-tasting/sugary, (sour), (salty), (bitter), (spicy),({umami}) {I don't know what he thinks is the opposite of sweet, as the tastebuds are not 2
categoriest but 5 or 6 depending on what you subscribe to.
growing on air, {growing in soil?}, {growing in water(sea, river, ocean)?} (yin, yang)
ovaries {female body part?}, {then is the trunk(like the stem) masculine-yang?}
-------------------------------------------------------------
In the quote above Dr. Wilson explains his "Yin" definition on his perception of fruits.

Now in Dr.Wilson's article he biases his views that all fruit are Yin; he even admits it "In the traditional Chinese conception of yin and yang, fruit is not uniformly yin. However, it is uniformly yin in the macrobiotic view of yin and yang, and we find this to be most accurate.". Then he goes on to talk about all the Yin problems.
By the way he also has a page on Yang problems: http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/YANGDISEASE.htm
Either way, any food you eat can either be Yin or Yang in Dr. Wilson's perspective.
Then Dr.Wilson will list all the Yin and Yang problems, if you feel that your problems are big enough you will seek help from Dr. Wilson.
There is no way that you are ever in balance with Dr. Wilson's definitions of Yin or Yang, you will always need Dr.Wilson's help to be balanced in his Yin and Yang views.
By the way, Dr. Wilson's "Yin" definition is not a 1 to 1 definition, his "Yin" can mean different words in different contexts.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Dr. Lawrence Wilson's Yin Problems.
Dr.Lawrence Wilson http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/FRUIT.htm wrote: 1. Most people’s bodies today are already extremely yin{(cold, expanded, sweet and sugary)}.
lol, and Lot's of bodies are also yang, right? :roll:
Dr.Lawrence Wilson http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/FRUIT.htm wrote:2. The problem of becoming yin{(cold, expanded, sweet and sugary)} is even worse if a person is a slow oxidizer (even more yin{(cold, expanded, sweet and sugary)} ), if a person is ill (also more yin{(cold, expanded, sweet and sugary)} ) or if the person eats large amounts of fruit {(cold, expanded,sweet and sugary)} . Eating more of a yin{(cold, expanded, sweet and sugary)} food tends to make the body even more yin{(cold, expanded, sweet and sugary)} .
See even using Dr. Wilson's definition of Yin for fruits, it shows he is not making too much sense. ;D
Dr.Lawrence Wilson http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/FRUIT.htm wrote:3. Tropical fruits are even more yin{(cold, expanded, sweet and sugary)}, and thus the worst from this perspective. They include common fruits such as bananas, pineapple, coconut in all forms and preparations, dates, figs, papaya, citrus fruits and others. It also includes the tropical fruit drinks such as noni, goji, nopal, acai and others (see Tropical Fruit Drinks for more on this subject). A little of these is not too bad, but a lot is definitely very yin{(cold, expanded, sweet and sugary)}.
See the chaos, using Dr. Wilson's Yin language?
Dr.Lawrence Wilson http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/FRUIT.htm wrote:4. Eating anything raw is even more yin{(cold, expanded, sweet and sugary)}, and fruit is often eaten in the uncooked state.
Dr.Lawrence Wilson http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/FRUIT.htm wrote: 5. Fruit juice is even more yin{(cold, expanded, sweet and sugary)}. It is more concentrated, contains much more sugar and less fiber to buffer the acids and sugars in the fruit.

For much more on the serious problem of yin{(cold, expanded, sweet and sugary)} with fruit, read Yin {(cold, expanded, sweet and sugary)}Disease and other articles about yin{(cold, expanded, sweet and sugary)} and yang on this website.
Dr.Lawrence Wilson http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/FRUIT.htm wrote:2. Fruit upsets the blood sugar level and causes excessive insulin release. The relatively high sugar content of almost all fruit causes this reaction. This adds stress to the body, can cause weight gain or impair weight loss, and causes other imbalances deep inside the cells.
Many people are unaware of the high sugar content of most fruit. It can be extremely high, especially with fruit juices, dried fruit or fruit that is packed or dipped in sugar. These are even worse than eating fresh fruit.
Dr. Wilson "relatively high sugar content", relative to what may I ask?
Dr. Lawrence Wilson takes the biased position of assuming people reading his page desire weight loss. {biased-writer!} :(

Dr.Lawrence Wilson http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/FRUIT.htm wrote:3. Fruit-eating often contributes to yeast overgrowth. Most people, even those who do not eat much fruit, already have an overgrowth of intestinal yeast such as candida albicans and others. This is due to toxic metal poisoning, and especially copper imbalance. Other mineral imbalances may also contribute, as does overeating on carbohydrate foods.
The high sugar content of most fruit worsens this important condition. The yin{(cold, expanded, sweet and sugary)} nature of fruit also tends to worsen all fungal and parasitic infections because fungus and yeast conditions are yin infections. That is, they tend to be cold and parasitic in nature. For more on this subject, read Candida Albicans Infections and Parasites on this website.
If you have a yeast problem, go fix it.
If you think it is sugar and carbs causing yeast to grow, than stop the yeast infection.
Don't go blame sugars and carbs.
If you have a chyle problem, go fix it.
If you think the fat is causing the chyle problem, stop the chyle problem first.
Don't go blame fats.
If you have a gout problem, go fix it.
If you think the proteins and nuts are causing the gout problem, stop the gout problem first.
Don't go blame proteins.

Not all people are affected by specific ill conditions, not everyone has gout, chyle or yeast infection.
To use yeast-overgrowth as a support to eliminate sugars, carbs and fruits, is kind of unfair argument.
Also, "toxic metal poisoning" if I see people dropping dead like flies in front of me because of an yeast over growth, than yes,I might classify yeast infection as a poison, and the metal that initiated the yeast infection a poison. But really you need to be more specific on the word usage of "poison" and "toxic", it saddens me to see you have poor word usage. I wonder what word you would use to classify real "poisons", "extra-poisonous?" heyhey?.
Dr.Lawrence Wilson http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/FRUIT.htm wrote:4. Fruit is a carbohydrate food, and most people are overeating on carbohydrates already.
And people are over eating on fats and on proteins, what is your point?
Dr.Lawrence Wilson http://www.drlwilson.com/ARTICLES/FRUIT.htm wrote:5. Fruit dehydrates the body. This may seem very strange. Some health authorities even tell their followers that the water in fruits is “naturally distilled” and that one does not need to drink other water.
This is very bad advice. First, eating anything that contains sugar, including fruit, tends to cause dehydration due to an osmotic process in which sugar draws water with it wherever it goes.
Also, the water that is in fruits is not distilled at all. It contains many minerals, and unfortunately it often contains residues of pesticides, which are often used on fruits even if the fruit is supposedly organically grown. For more on this important subject, read Hydration on this site.
Distilled = H2O water and nothing else in the water. Fruits are not 100% H2O, hence not distilled.
Osmosis = In the context of two liquid volumes separated by a membrane, water travels passively through membranes to the volume with more matter until the matter:water ratio of both volumes are equal. A raisin in a cup of water will fill with water until it looks like a grape, the raisin is not being dehydrated, the raisin became hydrated.
Chances of residues of pesticides can happen on any plant food grown with pesticides; wash the plant-food, peel the plant-food, choose foods with minimal pesticides used on it...etc.

-----------------------
I am stopping here, I ran out of time.
Kasper

Post by Kasper »