adding sugar

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
huntress
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by huntress »

Sugar doesnt cause overeating

I don't know RRM...my experiences tells me differently. Infact one major reason to my having Candida overgrowth is because I was ingesting too much sugar and I could hardly stop myself. When it comes to fruits like mango, dates, dried figs...etc I would ravage the whole portion of fruits in one sitting, and stopping myself is impossible even though I am stuffed full.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

That was only in relation to sugar?
You didnt ever have any other weight-related issues?

Post by Guest »

call me indoctrinated; i think i'll sub out the sugar with raw organic honey.
avo

Post by avo »

You only should 'sub out' sugar if you decide to consume sugar to begin with. Do you find that you need additional sugars that cannot be consumed either via fruits or juice? I find it difficult to have more than a tablespoon or two of honey a day, so I can imagine that I could do without it without any noticable impact on energy levels or calorie intake (1 T = 60 kcal).

I use honey mostly as a taste thing; to sweeten up some mashed avocado or apple slices. It is expensive compared to sugar, maybe you can use it sparingly/occasionally.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Anonymous wrote:call me indoctrinated; i think i'll sub out the sugar with raw organic honey.
What's the difference? Honey has most of the same attributes that cause people to avoid sugar.
avo

Post by avo »

Bleach? Chlorine? Boiling and refining? Completely devoid of any original vitamins, nutrients and enzymes?

Sugar the same as raw honey? Not in my book...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I think johndela means that honey has the same effect on the blood sugar level as sugar does, which is correct.
However, the blood sugar level is not determined by WHAT we eat, but by HOW MUCH and the frequency of consuming meals.
Consuming low GI foods, you may increase the blood sugar level much more than by consuming high GI foods.

If you want the blood sugar level to be steady, and relatively low, you just need to consume something very frequently, and it doesnt matter whether it contains much sugar. What matters, is how much you consume; you just need to replenish lost sugars. You can even do that by drinking cola all day.
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

For me sugar is a perfect cost-saving option and it makes me feel good. I pretty much only consume OJ, OO, yolks and salmon (with maybe a banana in the afternoon to break things up). 2L of OJ with .5 cups of sugar provides me with all the energy and water I need for most days. To get the equivalent amount of glucose energy for my brain without sugar I would have to juice nearly another liter of OJ which would cost me about another $150/month on oranges, and I buy wholesale. That's too much.
panacea

Post by panacea »

how are you juicing the oranges djkvan? did the ra chand come in? how is it?
djkvan

Post by djkvan »

No, it hasn't arrived. I'm still using my electric press. Ironically, I'm used to it now, but I'm sure the RaChand will be quicker and give higher yields. Shaping up to be a beautiful sunny day here. 8)
RRM
Administrator

Re: adding sugar

Post by RRM »

The downside to higher yields (regarding pressed juices) is that more juice is extracted from the peel,
which gives a somewhat bitter taste.
djkvan

Re: adding sugar

Post by djkvan »

Yeah, I just have to watch the amount of pressure I apply to the press arm.
I do so like green eggs and ham. Thank you, thank you. Sam I am.