Smoking during Pregnancy

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
avalon
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Smoking during Pregnancy

Post by avalon »

What really burns me... (excuse my ranting! The Breast feeding thread got me going) as an X-Smoker even! ...

Are pregnant Women who smoke. Especially Celebrity Women, like Catherine Zeta Jones! Or maybe Britney Spears! But truly this gets me because these Women made the choice to bring life into this world...how can they not imagine a baby...smoking...AHHHHH!

With what we know today, about alcohol consumption and smoking/drinking during pregnancy!

It boggles my mind like I can hardly say.

I understand the addiction first hand, but there is no justifiable excuse for anyone doing this.

ohm...ohm...sashimi...

Where am I? :shock:
Oscar
Administrator

Re: Smoking during Pregnancy

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:Where am I? :shock:
Next on the Avalon Channel:

;)

I do agree with ya though, Avalon :D
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

I saw in the news that in Taiwan, they are preventing pregnant women from smoking and any one can report the pregnant smoker to the police! I haven't decided what to think about this - society policing women around, instead of just banning smoking for the whole population (especially the fathers :x )

Can't remember what the punishment was: I think a fine... But it's more the social stigma that's humilliating for the women to bear.
avalon

Post by avalon »

I should also say something like this: Same goes for the Men!

When they passed the law you couldn't smoke in a Bar in New York City, I thought it was crazy! I had already quit(getting plenty second hand) but YOU CAN'T SMOKE IN A BAR?

Maybe one day there will be 'Smoke Towns' where smokers can go to smoke. I have no problem with smoking bars and non-smoking bars...

but smoking in a car with kids, or while pregnant...OY! It's no longer just you...

I guess I'm still mad those peddlers of addiction.
avalon

Post by avalon »

Oh, almost forgot...

Karate CHOP! eeEEEEEEAAAAAAAAHHHHH!
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Well, smoking near a pregnant woman and young children should be an international crime.

I can't believe that it's always the women that are singled out. We haven't changed much from the Middle Ages when we burned unruly women on the stake. All this modern witch hunting!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

What I find really weird, is that you can't smoke in a CIGAR bar... :roll:
Last edited by Oscar on Sat 20 May 2006 00:05, edited 1 time in total.
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

No, smoking cigarettes is unclassy in a cigar bar!

A cigar club an exclusivity business club kind of thing for snobbish males. They would be puffing their 10 dollar per puff cigars and totally disdaining cheap, bad-smelling cigarette smoking. :cry:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah, but you can't smoke cigars either...
Cairidh

Post by Cairidh »

It should be illegal to have children and smoke.

And you should need a license to have children in the first place.
dadasarah

Post by dadasarah »

And you should need a license to have children in the first place.
:lol: I agree! That is, if it were possible!!! I almost sterilized myself once (I was sure I'd only want to adopt), and had to sign a legal form stating I was absolutely postitively sure I never wanted to have children...
"Dada is the sun. Dada is the egg. Dada is the Police of the Police." - Richard Huelsenbeck
Chin-Chin

Post by Chin-Chin »

Have a licence? Can you elaborate more on the concept?

That's what they practice in China. The official population is 1,3 billion people. That's because they don't count the second child (in the case that people illegally give birth to second children). They've loosened up on the one-child policy in the countryside (two kids allowed now) and amongst minority ethnic groups. Also, if both parents are single child(s), they can have two kids.

I think the real figure is closer to 1,5-1,6 billion. Even so, in 20 years, China's development will soon be stopped by massive aging of the population, because its ratio will be 1 working person for 2 to 3 retirees...

About smoking, I'm an occasional smoker, but I'd totally aplaud a law that would forbid the sales of tobacco, because of the second-hand smoking thing... dreams of utopies, sigh!