One week water fast ... 'Quick fix'?

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
andyville
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

One week water fast ... 'Quick fix'?

Post by andyville »

Hey,

After studying some Eastern philosophies such as Yoga in addition to natural hygiene books, I've decided to start my first fast today, Monday the 5th. It will go on for one week - until next Monday - and I will consume nothing but two egg yolks in the morning, and loads of water throughout the day. I was thinking I might post my experiences throughout this week in this thread, in case any other Wai followers are considering doing something similar.

Also, if you already have a lot of experience in fasting, please post! :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I never fasted unless I was sick...why the fast? Or did you explain this already?
andyville

Post by andyville »

Well, I guess I want to try it basically because I haven't tried it before, and I'm just curious... I'm thinking about actually doing the real thing, and skip the egg yolks, at least the first days to see how my body will react. Just loads and loads of water :)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Hmm, okay...have fun, I guess. :D
andyville

Post by andyville »

Day 1:

After one day with no food and just a lot of water (I decided to skip the egg yolks, and I might stay away from them the whole week if I can) I'm very hungry right now (it's 9 PM where I'm at). I took a two hour walk this morning, which felt really good. Also, I've felt really focused all day. Now, however, the hunger is setting in. I hope it will be gone tomorrow.
avalon

Post by avalon »

The longest water fast I've done was 3 days. The longest juice fast was 7. I've been thinking of doing another sometime soon. I believe it gives the body a rest and helps one think and reflect on what's next.

Sad Poor bowels so exhausted :cry:

Happy happy bowels, clean and refreshed :D

Good luck! Keep us posted.
huntress

Post by huntress »

Hi andyville,

I did a 3 day fast and then a 5 day fast in the last two years. First day on my very first fasting period, I was terribly lethargic, bouts of nausea, it's normal, hunger was strong on the first day, again, normal. Towards the second day onwards, the hunger ceased all the way and I felt very calm, very peaceful. But my activities were only limited to walking. Dancing, walking up a long flight of stairs, and other vigorous sports, even sailing, was a big no-no. I'm suprised you walked for an hour on your first day. Is this your first time fasting? If so, then you are very strong! Well I guess it's because your body is already pure from all the vegetables and fruits you were eating. :wink: Is anyone monitoring you during your fast? I wouldn't advise you to do this solo if you're going to do this for more than 3 days.

At the end, I broke my fast with some soft fruits, papayas preferably. Oh and I might add that during my fast, I sipped some very diluted honey-lemon/lime juice and fresh young coconut water in addition to plain water. The coconut water is really refreshing. I'd suggest you drink some during your fast, if you have excess to it ofcourse.
andyville

Post by andyville »

huntress:

Yes, this is my first fast and I'm doing it on my own. I've been thinking about the excercise thing - I normally run for half an hour every morning, but I think I'm going to switch to a walking routine instead. I'm now about to go to bed, and the hunger is actually not that bad anymore.

avalon:

The thing you wrote about how fasting can help you reflect on what's next is very promising, because that's one of the main reasons why I'm doing this. I have some important decisions to make in my life in the near future, and I want to make sure that my body and mind are completely pure. :)

I'll keep you posted on whatever happens...
andyville

Post by andyville »

Day 2 (morning)

The hunger is gone, but it was really tough getting out of bed this morning. I "snoozed away" two hours, which normally never happens. Since the hunger is gone, I'm gonna keep up the water only policy... It's gonna be interesting to see how long I can stay away from the egg yolks :)
avalon

Post by avalon »

Good Morning!

The hardest part is getting started. We want to do a lot of things- get the ball rolling sorta thing. A lot of times we don't. Once you make it past the second missed meal, you're on your way. The sails fill with ocean air and the horizon spans as far as the eye can see :)

My only advice, this being your first fast is to limit it to three days. But should you chose two days instead, you will still have done well.

It is amazing how hunger becomes a non-issue. When we are in the 'pattern' of eating, and hunger takes hold of us, is it then mostly conditiong?

I think it's good to shake things up every once in a while. It keeps life interesting. Take the Warrior diet or intermittent fasting...imagine on a moments whim you decide to skip lunch, or breakfast (or the 8 small meals in between :) ), because you have important work to do. All you need is a glass of water with a squeeze if lemon juice!

Oscar:
Hmm, okay...have fun, I guess. :D

Party pooper tone :cry:. I don't think 'fun' is the right word. Sometimes it's about adventure. Sometimes it's about breaking tradition and monotony. Sometimes it's about believeing the literature that says fasting detoxes the body. Even though we may not be sick, we have years perhaps of processed living behind us and and good cleanse might un-mucusfy 'stuff' :shock:

Above all else, listen to your body. If you start to feel ill, don't risk your health.
andyville

Post by andyville »

Day 2 (halfway through)

avalon:

Although this is my first water fast, I'm definitely aiming for going a whole week. However, if my body starts complaining, I'll definitely start eating again. But right now I feel really great! The only bad thing so far is that my mouth stinks, which I'm definitely not used to. I knew this would happen though - it has something to do with the body having to burn fat for energy, instead of using the carbs that are normally supplied through the food (or am I waaay off here?)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

avalon wrote:Party pooper tone :cry:.
Hmmm, so which party are you referring to? I'm not comparing fasting to a party... :mrgreen:
On the contrary, I think it's masochistic and unnecessary, but seen in the light of adventure, as you say, that is often what adventures are. ;)
andyville

Post by andyville »

Day 2 (evening)

Holy cow, the last few hours have been terrible - I have absolutely no energy whatsoever. I was just taking a long walk through Stockholm, and I almost couldn't lift my feet towards the end of the walk... In other words - I'm definitely going to have a sallad for supper, and it will taste sooo good. I know two days is not a very long time, and that I'm kind of a loser giving up like this, especially considering the catchy name of this thread, but hey - it's my first fast. :)
huntress

Post by huntress »

Andyville,

Try drinking some honey water. Half tablespoon of honey in a cup of water with a squeeze of lime. If you want to break your fast, start with some soft fruits or else you will put a shock to your digestive system.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

I've heard that there is no real point in fasting on water.
I tried twice a 10 day lemon juice/maple syrup/water fast.
It works wonderfully as a detox if you need to detox that is! :wink:
I wasn't on the wai diet yet at that point of course! Now I have no need what so ever to fast.
If you google 'master cleanse' you should find the exact ingredients/proportions and way to go about doing the fast correctly.
I would really watch out on a simple water fast.
But good luck!