Your thoughts on nutritional supplements?

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
Someone
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Your thoughts on nutritional supplements?

Post by Someone »

Hi,

This question has really strike me, as I wonder if you people think it's good or bad to take nutritional supplements such as multivitamins and omega 3 fish oil along with different b-complex vitamins....and other supplements

How is it with the liver? Does it not take damaged since a tablet has to be digested through the liver?

And imagine taking these tablets each and everyday for the rest of you’re life, will they do more damage then health or what's the deal with these synthetics drugs?

I am also taking 2 egg yolks everyday just to make sure I get some nutritional supplements...

And this is what I currently take as in synthetic form

Multivitamin (List) 2 tablets

A Vitamin - 700 ug
D3 - 7,5 ug
E Vitamin - 60 mg
B1 - 1,2 mg
B2 - 1,4 mg
Nikotinamid - 16 mg
B6 - 1,5 mg
Folacid - 300 ug
C-Vitamin - 120 mg
Biotin - 30 ug
Pantotenat - 5 mg
Iron - 12 mg
Zink - 9 mg
Cooper - 0,9 mg
Jod - 150 ug
Mangan - 1 mg
Chrome - 50 ug
Selen - 60 ug
Molybdenum - 100 ug
Calcium - 240 mg
Magnesium - 100mg

B-Complex (List) 1 tabblet

B1 (Tiamentrat) - 15 mg
B2 (Riboflavin) - 15 mg
B6 (pyridoxinhhydroklorid) - 15 mg
B12 (cyanokobalamin) - 5 microgram
Nikotinamid - 60 mg
D-Calcium (patontenat) - 30mg
Folacid - 200 microgram

B-Complex (Yeast Extract Version) 2-3 tabblets

Yeast extract - 350 mg
B1 Vitamin - 0,1 mg
B2 Vitamin - 0,2 mg
Kiseloxid
Magnesiumstearat

Pikasol Omega 3 fish oil 2-4 capsule

Fish oil - 1000mg
640 = Omega
520 = EPA + DHA

E-Vitamin - 3,8 mg

Now Foods - Green Tea Extract 1-4 Capsules a day

1 Capsule

Green Tea Extract - 400mg
Vitamin C - 60mg
Magnesiumstearat

Egg Yolks 2 each day mixed with juice

Vitamin A
Vitamin B2
Vitamin D
Vitamin E
Protein
Iron
Selen
Zink
Cholestrol

So.........

Am I overdoing it or something? Is this to extreme in a way? Does this do more damage then good?

I would really like to know you’re thoughts on this approach as my main goal is to keep my body healthy…skin and hair looking and feeling good…

Im sure you understand...

Thanks!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Someone

Post by Someone »

This is confusing

So basicly the rate changes depending on the ammount you put in?

Well i have always heard that if the body get's to much of a vitamin or mineral it just goes along when you urinate...at leas the type of vitamins that like vitamin c

How are you suppose to get the effect of Green Tea Extract through diet? that's like impossible...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The idea is that your diet should supply you with everything you need, so supplements aren't necessary at all. Only as a medicin, if it's impossible to get it through a 'natural' way.
Someone

Post by Someone »

Oscar

What if you have hairloss i mean their are people who use stuff like propecia (finasteride) what diet in the world could help with that?

Im of course against the finasteride thing, as i believe there are other ways to alter the hormones and one way is through diet...but if consuming to little of them vitamins needed the effect is not going to be as great

And as we get older our bodies get worse in absorbing the vitamins from the food we eat and we might get a deficit...
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Someone wrote:What if you have hairloss i mean their are people who use stuff like propecia (finasteride) what diet in the world could help with that?
I'm not sure any diet could reverse that. If the hairloss is dietary, then probably the best result would be that it won't go further.
Someone wrote:And as we get older our bodies get worse in absorbing the vitamins from the food we eat and we might get a deficit...
Not necessarily. Only if your body isn't in optimal condition.
huntress

Post by huntress »

I don't think anyone here has the right to ADVICE someone to go off taking supplements unless you truly know their medical history. So please, if any comments are to be given, it would only be limited to OPINIONS only.
Someone

Post by Someone »

Exactly huntress is right!

Did you know that some people can have genetic disorder such as vitamin B6/Zinc deficiency called pyroluria and need to take supplements for the lack of that...to tell you the truth ever since I started taking b-complex and yeast extract vitamins my hair has turned darker now I don't know if I have pyroluria or vitamin disorder of some kind...but it certainly doing something...but i don't know if it smart to continue taking b-complex since it maybe not so good..
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

huntress wrote:I don't think anyone here has the right to ADVICE someone to go off taking supplements unless you truly know their medical history. So please, if any comments are to be given, it would only be limited to OPINIONS only.
Is this a random comment, or can you show me who did this?

Besides, if someone asks for advice about supplements, and fails to mention a defect which makes them take supplements as a medicin, don't you think that would be kind of strange?
Someone

Post by Someone »

Oscar

I didn’t think about the defect thing until huntress commented, I’m not sure if I have it but I know that people who do have it must take supplements all i know is that since I’ve taken b-complex supplement my hair grows better...I might have it..

But the question here is what you people think of taking supplements that was the whole point of this thread...I apologize for any misconception.

What I further like to know is do you think it's wrong to take supplements that are from plants and nature such as Flax Seed Oil, Borage oil Saw Palmetto and ect...I mean they are natural are they still wrong to take? According to the wai life style.

What's you’re thoughts?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Someone wrote:What I further like to know is do you think it's wrong to take supplements that are from plants and nature such as Flax Seed Oil, Borage oil Saw Palmetto and ect...I mean they are natural are they still wrong to take? According to the wai life style.
I'll quote myself for an answer. :)
Oscar wrote:The idea is that your diet should supply you with everything you need, so supplements aren't necessary at all. Only as a medicin, if it's impossible to get it through a 'natural' way.
This is according the Wai philosophy. Make sure you get all nutrients you need from the foods within the Wai diet, and you won't need any supplements. Also, we are not supposed to eat plants (http://www.youngerthanyourage.com/13/plants.htm), so the same goes for plant supplements.

Of course any genetic disorders/defects which could cause problems, might need certain supplements. On the other hand, some genetic defects might not be genetic at all, and might in effect be dietary. My believe is that quite a number of diseases/disorders presently attributed to genes, are actually a result of diet/lifestyle. One can nevertheless be genetically predisposed to those diseases/disorders.
huntress

Post by huntress »

Oscar, that was a random comment not directed to anyone specifically but to everyone.

In theory, we don't need dietary supplements. But due to the emergence modern science which lead to today's agriculture and animal husbandry, we no longer live like our ancestors where animals and plants were living freely without contamination.

Pesticides, herbicides, among many others chemicals that were fed to the plants, hormones, parasitices, given to the animals that were fed with chemical sprayed grasses... and all of these are consumed by us. These acts of devitalising our food resources which will inturn 'poison' our body with these chemicals. The Supermarket industries are also being truly evil by adding extra additives into the "fresh" produce to gain profit. Benzoic acids are added to meat and fish to keep the freshness and lately, there has been finding that chickens in the supermarket has been contaminated with arsenic.

Even if we feed ourselves with sufficient nutrients from our diet, it wouldn't be enough to keep us healthy because all has been used to eliminate these unnatural chemicals that has been fed into our bodies. The nutrients that we take from our diet are only sufficient to keep us going on our daily lives but not healthy in a long run.

There are more articles that says a lot more of these in the Linus Pauling Institute website: http://lpi.oregonstate.edu/infocenter/

Here's another good website: http://www4.dr-rath-foundation.org/NHC/ ... hive.html#
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

huntress wrote:Pesticides, herbicides, among many others chemicals that were fed to the plants, hormones, parasitices, given to the animals that were fed with chemical sprayed grasses... and all of these are consumed by us. [...]
I agree with you that we take in more toxins than our ancestors. Also environmental toxins, like due to air pollution etc.
huntress wrote:Even if we feed ourselves with sufficient nutrients from our diet, it wouldn't be enough to keep us healthy because all has been used to eliminate these unnatural chemicals that has been fed into our bodies. The nutrients that we take from our diet are only sufficient to keep us going on our daily lives but not healthy in a long run.
How do you know this for sure? Not all (or none, I'm not sure) nutrients are used for detoxification, which is a liver function btw. Also, how do you know what amounts we actually need?

They look like interesting sites...a lot to read.
huntress

Post by huntress »

how do you know what amounts we actually need?
Here's a task for you my dear Oscar. Read the articles on the websites I posted. Search for articles about Vitamin C.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Here's a task for you my dear Huntress. Why don't you tell me in your own words, while I try to find and read the articles? ;)