Vonderplanitz - primal diet (& some Frisian)

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
summerwave
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

ketogenic

Post by summerwave »

I was reading the thread below this (on ketosis), too.. Thank you. It seems clear now.

I am asking about this only because my body seemed to be in this mode (of existing on fats mostly) as I came out of an antifungal/antiparasitic regimen whilst following the Wai diet.

I don't think I noticed then, but I also wished to ask if it matters about the timing of fat consumption in such a diet-- I was in the habit of metering out fats, like sugars, and eating many, many, small meals per day. But I suppose on a fats-based ketogenic diet you could eat a huge meal with fat, and to a lesser extent protein and very little carbohydrate, at once, and have it last you awhile.

It is very interesting, but not at all what the body seems best adapted to, from my experience. It was an extreme short-term response of my body to what was probably a fats and fats-based vitamin shortage. It did not make me that tired to eat that way, but then again I was already sleeping a lot.
Gerard

acne; cellulite

Post by Gerard »

these are very interesting points...

I guess a fat-based ketogenic diet with raw fats wouldn't cause acne or cellulite, either, correct?

But a protein-based ketogenic one would because of the potential for damaged protein in its conversion to fuel the body.

Interesting...
RRM
Administrator

Re: acne; cellulite

Post by RRM »

Gerard wrote:I guess a fat-based ketogenic diet with raw fats wouldn't cause acne or cellulite, either, correct?
If its raw food and no salt, spices etc. Indeed.
But a protein-based ketogenic one would because of the potential for damaged protein in its conversion to fuel the body.
If one is susceptible to acne, yes. Also because of relative high blood protein levels.
Gerard

fat-based ketogenesis

Post by Gerard »

wonder if it makes one sleep more the way protein-based ketogenesis does...

I guess we don't see this in nature as a fat-rich diet is hard to come by for most mammals.

(Well, polar bears...)...

Not really any marine mammals I can think of.
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

This guy claims that parasites cull our cells and are beneficial. There is some research on this.

See: http://www.mndaily.com/2009/01/26/resea ... salmonella
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The link isn't about parasites...
This is also the wrong thread for your post, so maybe you can put it elsewhere?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Oscar wrote:The link isn't about parasites...
it is about salmonella.

please correct me if I'm wrong but under a zoological definition of symbiotic relationships (parasitism vs commensalism vs mutualistism), many micro organisms can be considered parasitic in that they need a host to survive and in doing so cause it harm
Oscar wrote: This is also the wrong thread for your post, so maybe you can put it elsewhere?
I don't see how this would belong somewhere else. This post is about Vonderplanitz and his 'primal diet'. He advocates eating parasites. He says salmonella is beneficial. My post states that Vonderplanitz recommends eating parasites and I was posting a related link.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

To my knowledge salmonella is still classified as a bacteria. I'm not sure salmonella needs a host to survive, and they can survive outside a host body for a long time. In medicine bacteria and viruses are not considered parasites, but apparently some biology groups do. To avoid confusion I think it's easier to call bacteria bacteria. Besides, according to your definition, we humans could be seen as a parasite. ;)

Okay my mistake, I didn't know Vonderplanitz advocated that, so your post is fine here. :)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

That makes sense. I wasn't aware parasites must have a host, but now that you mention it, it seems obvious.

ps - From my perspective humans are typically parasitic in their behavior. Maybe I'm being to negative, but it seems like humans are a scourge to all life on the planet including themselves.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Yeah I agree, but that is not the natural inclination of all humans.