Vonderplanitz - primal diet (& some Frisian)

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
csamo001
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by csamo001 »

Thats because the more fat, the less protein you will consume (otherwise you would be consuming extra calories).
And the acne prone skin does not like too much protein, even when its raw.
My experience is, even if I consume a lot of raw protein, if I also consume a lot of raw fat, it balances everything out and 'nourishes' my skin so it looks healty. I don't know the chemical difference between animal and vegetable fat, but for my body and skin the animal fat is much better than the vegetable fat, even though I dslike the taste and texture of if. But at the and like with all the raw food you basically find out one thing: it's a matter of psychology.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

csamo001 wrote:I don't know the chemical difference between animal and vegetable fat, but for my body and skin the animal fat is much better than the vegetable fat, even though I dslike the taste and texture of if.
Some plant foods contain (sometimes a lot) LNA, but animal food indeed contains specific omega 3 fats that plants dont. (EPA, DPA, DHA http://www.3.waisays.com/omega3.htm )
My experience is, even if I consume a lot of raw protein, if I also consume a lot of raw fat, it balances everything out and 'nourishes' my skin so it looks healty.
In my experience, vegetarians indeed dont have a healthy looking skin.
If you were as acne prone as i am, your skin wouldnt be able to cope with such a high protein intake. So, consider yourself lucky! 8)
art

Post by art »

this is my exact diet,

this diet is trully an optimal human diet

the wai diet is a recipe for disaster, thats why very few maintain this diet.

and if people do the wai diet, id say 90% quit after 6 months ( i was one who gave it up )
Christina

Post by Christina »

Have you observed others on the primal diet for a long period of time?
I know tons of people who dropped the diet after a while because it didn't work for them. My partner eats 6oz of raw grass fed beef with egg yolk every day , 4 oz of fish, 9 egg yolks and all the other Wai food. He needs it to maintain his weight. He's never had skin issues. He used to drink raw dairy. But feels better without it. Less mucus and better digestion. And he's been raw since 14 years, experimenting with different diets. He is one of the few people that are eating so close to the primal way and looks healthy. Most people I've known on the diet looked very unhealthy.
But vegetarian raw foodists look just as unhealthy to me. Especially in the long run. Guys might do better, including meat, to maintain their body. It is hell for them to be skinny and weak looking.
But I am amazed to see how different people are. There are alway amazing exceptions of the rule.
I would say that if you have beautiful skin, no gas and good digestion, are in a good mood, not edgy and your body is healthy and toned. Then you've found what works. Don't tell yourself that if you experience the opposite, it's a detox or sth.. Because that's a waist of time in my opinion!
Christina
art

Post by art »

well overall a balanced diet is a solid approach to health and happiness and generally works for everyone

(lean meats, veggies,fruits, whole grains, a bit dairy) cooekd foods and raw foods.

this is the traditional european/american diet.

strict diets like the wai diet or raw diets, or primal diets, dont last for life.
art

Post by art »

the thing with fruit is, ancient man consumed very small amouts of fruits. fruit was much different than modern fruit (way less suguar and more minerals).

ancient man thrived on a diet of mosly animal foods, roots, flowers, leaves, barks, usually berries as fruits (very low sugar diet)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

art wrote:well overall a balanced diet is a solid approach to health and happiness and generally works for everyone

(lean meats, veggies,fruits, whole grains, a bit dairy) cooekd foods and raw foods.

this is the traditional european/american diet.

strict diets like the wai diet or raw diets, or primal diets, dont last for life.
What exactly do you think the wai diet lacks? What makes it unbalanced?

What are your sources for this? From what I see, this doesn't work good for people, but rather causes obesity, diabetes, and heart problems. If you can show my some solid sources, I'll consider that what I see isn't a complete view.
art

Post by art »

of course this diet is healthy and you can do well on it, but it destroyed my health the same as if i were eating junk, and i followed this diet strictly.

the wai diet lacks protein, Zinc, Magnesium, Calicme, fat soluble vitamins A,D,E

the wai diet recommends drinking fruit juice with added sugar, thats a recipe for a decline in health.

the causes of obesity/disease in america, is non organic foods, soy, and the #1 is exess carbs (SUGAR)

in 1900 the average sugar per person was around 6lbs its now 120lbs per person.

another reason i don't like the WAI diet, its bad for the environment (although better than a SAD diet)

when i was eating the wai diet 95% of my diet was coming from another country or hundreds a miles away.

my current diet is 95% local, fruit is not grown much 8 months of out the year.

so 4 months im eating high vegetable/fruit diet, now thats its getting cold im eating more eggs, meat, grains.

im eating how my ancestors ate.
that works best for me and i find its quite easy to maintain, i dont have to worry about getting a 2:1 ration (carbs/fat)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I'm sorry to say, but all your claims are just speculation.
art wrote:of course this diet is healthy and you can do well on it, but it destroyed my health the same as if i were eating junk, and i followed this diet strictly.
Strictly doesn't necessarily mean you did it right.
art wrote:the wai diet lacks protein, Zinc, Magnesium, Calicme, fat soluble vitamins A,D,E
No, it does not.
art wrote:the wai diet recommends drinking fruit juice with added sugar, thats a recipe for a decline in health.
No, it does not recommend it, it is a possibility. And why a decline in health?
art wrote:the causes of obesity/disease in america, is non organic foods, soy, and the #1 is exess carbs (SUGAR)
The crucial word here is excess. And it's excess ENERGY, not just carbs. Energy can be carbs, protein, and/or fat. And this goes for obesity. For disease it's not even necessarily excess energy.
art wrote:im eating how my ancestors ate.
If you're on a SAD you're also eating how your ancestors ate...
art wrote:that works best for me and i find its quite easy to maintain, i dont have to worry about getting a 2:1 ration (carbs/fat)
That it works good for you is great.
No one has to worry about a 2:1 ratio anyway.
art

Post by art »

"Natural Nutrition"The way humans were eating in Africa before they were forced to leave the continent and alter their diet.""
wai

so basically wai is assuming that our great ancestors who lived in africa ate high amounts of fruit with some raw eggs yolks?
they ate leaves, flowers, buds, roots, small animals, insects.

later as we evolved, so they believe we switched to a diet quite high in meat and low plant. sometimes a 50/50 ration or more plants depending on where they lived.

but we have the same genetics as an animal that is suppose to be able to handle large amounts of meat, mostly likley cooked meat since we have been cooking it for over 225,000 years.

humans are designed to eat anything and thrive, we have similiar digestion as rats or dogs, they both can literally eat anything and do well.

yeah that maybe so, but one is fruit was lot different today than it was millions of years ago and 2 is we dont have the same make up as apes.
http://www.ecotao.com/holism/hu_habilis.htm

wai claims this is the optimal diet for health and nutrition... thats hog wash.

she claims cooking converts fats/proteins into toxins... again hog wash.
http://www.beyondveg.com/tu-j-l/raw-coo ... .shtml#top
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

Art,

Seems that we are probably best of agreeing to disagree. You make statements like "we have been cooking it for over 225,000 years. " as if they are fact when in reality they are speculative at best and disagreed upon by many.

It seems to me that no matter of discussion is going to convince you that this is a healthy way to eat and you are not going to convince people who are doing this diet with success that it is harmful or less than optimal.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

art wrote:"Natural Nutrition"The way humans were eating in Africa before they were forced to leave the continent and alter their diet.""
wai
Actually this text isn't from Wai. It comes from a page not open to the public and is used as a filler text.
art wrote:so basically wai is assuming that our great ancestors who lived in africa ate high amounts of fruit with some raw eggs yolks?
Nope.
art wrote:they ate leaves, flowers, buds, roots, small animals, insects.
How do you know? Apparently you know more than scientific research has found, so I'm intrigued...
art wrote:later as we evolved, so they believe we switched to a diet quite high in meat and low plant. sometimes a 50/50 ration or more plants depending on where they lived.
Later as we evolved we ate according to SAD...
art wrote:but we have the same genetics as an animal that is suppose to be able to handle large amounts of meat, mostly likley cooked meat since we have been cooking it for over 225,000 years.
In your words: complete and utterly hogwash.
art wrote:humans are designed to eat anything and thrive, we have similiar digestion as rats or dogs, they both can literally eat anything and do well.
Again, hogwash.
art wrote:yeah that maybe so, but one is fruit was lot different today than it was millions of years ago and 2 is we dont have the same make up as apes.
http://www.ecotao.com/holism/hu_habilis.htm
1. how do you know?
2. yes we don't, except for one or two species.
art wrote:she claims cooking converts fats/proteins into toxins... again hog wash.
http://www.beyondveg.com/tu-j-l/raw-coo ... .shtml#top
So far I haven't seen you quote ANY relevant scientific article. :roll:

But I agree with John, just keep disagreeing and do what you think is best. It seems you're not here to reason or discuss, just to rant.
art

Post by art »

i just disagree with wai because the diet is claimined to be the optimal diet and cures acne. just eating less and cutting out sugar will alone eliminate acne in most if not all people.

what im saying is that if this a diet trully meant to be optimal and people would just naturally move towards these foods, which they dont.
eating 5lbs of fruit a day with a few eggs yolks is just plain stupid.

why do people have such a hard time maintaing this diet?

why do people do this diet for 2 months then quit?

why arent more people eating like this?

Oscar, how do you feel about eating 5lbs of fruit a day when its snowing?
thats the most unnatural thing you can to your body.

if you want to eat this way move to a tropical island, stopping wasting resources so you can eat all your exotic fruits some thousands of miles away.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Hi Art,

I deleted some of your posts because they were just rants; it doesnt make any sense to keep on posting one post after the other while nobody is answering you. Just wait till somebody does and then you can have a discussion. Otherwise you are just talking to yourself.
Ive tried to extract some real questions from your posts and put them in the post above.
art wrote:i just disagree with wai because the diet is claimined to be the optimal diet and cures acne. just eating less and cutting out sugar will alone eliminate acne in most if not all people.
What makes you think that acne is so easy to cure?
I think i speak for many teenagers when i say "if only that was true..."
what im saying is that if this a diet trully meant to be optimal and people would just naturally move towards these foods, which they dont.
eating 5lbs of fruit a day with a few eggs yolks is just plain stupid.
Are you suggesting that junkfood is good for us because people "naturally move to these foods"?
I think you know that "stupid" is not a strong argument.
why do people have such a hard time maintaing this diet?
why do people do this diet for 2 months then quit?
why arent more people eating like this?
Why are people smoking cigarettes and drinking lots of alcohol?
Oscar, how do you feel about eating 5lbs of fruit a day when its snowing?
thats the most unnatural thing you can to your body.
How does eating fruit in temperatures below the 'fruit-bearing temperature' adversely affect our body exactly?
And is it natural for a 'naked ape' to live in an area where there is snow?
if you want to eat this way move to a tropical island, stopping wasting resources so you can eat all your exotic fruits some thousands of miles away.
Are you saying that you only eat plants that are grown in your own country? And meat from animals that have been raised (and fed home grown plants) and killed in your own country?
art

Post by art »

yes 95% of my food is bought local.

i get fresh raw milk, eggs, meats, vegetables, fruits within walking distance of my house. its very convienent.

How comes ance is unknown in the tradtional world and tribes (aborgines, kombai, etc,) these people eat high plant foods, grains, meats. but one thing is all there food is organic, there diets are low in sugar.
acne doesnt not exist here.

the wai diet is seriously flawed about eating 4lbs of fruit and combing it with fat. this diet is 95% vegetarian. eating 2 eggs a day or 2z oz of fish does nothing, even primates eat more animal foods than that.

the whole fat combining with fruit is seriously flawed.
i posted a great post on why the whole high fruit diet is seriously flawed.

raw food health guru david wolfe even says to stay away from fruit.

Dr. Doug Graham claims its not fruit thats harmful but the combining of fruit with fat.

any person with common sense will you tell you to much fruit = harmful, too much of anything is harmful.
the diet is extreme yin, theres no yang except the animal products.

i beleive Dr. Doug Graham after 5 months of this diet my health was going down very fast.

and if people are on this diet more than 5 years, there not 100% and they cheat often.