Vonderplanitz - primal diet (& some Frisian)

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by johndela1 »

art wrote:How comes ance is unknown in the tradtional world and tribes (aborgines, kombai, etc,) these people eat high plant foods, grains, meats. but one thing is all there food is organic, there diets are low in sugar.
acne doesnt not exist here.
Where did you get this info?

art wrote: raw food health guru david wolfe even says to stay away from fruit.
Why do you believe him over the research presented here?
art wrote: Dr. Doug Graham claims its not fruit thats harmful but the combining of fruit with fat.
yep, just another opinion
art wrote: any person with common sense will you tell you to much fruit = harmful, too much of anything is harmful.
the diet is extreme yin, theres no yang except the animal products.
I guess common sense, isn't so common. My common sense is apparently differnt than yours
art wrote: and if people are on this diet more than 5 years, there not 100% and they cheat often.
speak for yourself, again, how do you get this info?
art

Post by art »

i get my information from "Doctors" and credited websites like beyond.veg,mercola.com, westonaprice.org. etc.

noone on this board is a doctor, WAI / RRM are not doctors., its sad to see so many people listening for health advice on forums from so called experts such as RRM.
art

Post by art »

John when your on this diet for 25 years let me know.

there was someone on the rawfood forum, she was raw vegetarian for 13 years, only eating some goats cheese and raw eggs. now she finally eats a diet of cooked foods, grains, meats, vegetables, fruits.

i see so many people like that change back over to a generalized healthy balanced diet.

strict raw foods diets are not maintainable for life.
art

Post by art »

why do i believe him?

because i experienced eating the wai diet for several months and more primal diet (with more cooked foods)

i have been suffering from acne my whole life.

the primal diet was able to clear my acne more quickly than wai, but also i was able to gain a great amount of strenght, i was more focused, i honestly felt completely different.

when i was on the wai diet after 1 month i look good, but after 6 months people were like you dont look so good. they thought i was sick all the time or something.

i have emailed WAI questions hundreds of times to see what i was doing and i made some changes. the problem was to little protein; to much sugar from fruit ( FRUIT is all sugar, there very little minerals in fruit)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Art you are showing a lack of knowledge of what you are talking about; it shines through. If you took the time to understand all angles then you would be a wiser person for for it. Emerson puts it a good way, its an angle i like to take myself:

"Every man I meet is in some way my superior."
Negativity is the cult of the weak
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

art wrote:i get my information from "Doctors" and credited websites like beyond.veg,mercola.com, westonaprice.org. etc.
there are MD's that disagree with each other, this stuff isn't well studied by your typical MD.
art wrote:
noone on this board is a doctor, WAI / RRM are not doctors., its sad to see so many people listening for health advice on forums from so called experts such as RRM.
they are researchers which refer us to many peer reviewed studies

If there was a study that say idicated something and a MD told you about it would you give it more weight than if I told you about it?

RRM is an expert actual (check the definition). Expert doesn't mean profesional and profesional sure as hell doesn't mean expert.
art

Post by art »

rawpaleodiet.org talks alot of good things about the WAI diet (most the raw based and how cooking creates toxins) , but he thinks its got several flaws.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Art. Maybe its time for you to ask yourself what you did wrong. Not just for a second, but a bit more profound.
Just think about it; why do you keep coming back to this forum? Maybe its because you instinctively know that this is the way to go. All you need is a bit more strength and not giving up to fast, and of course listening to our advice.
art

Post by art »

your probably correct....

i do believe the WAI diet is very good, i don't know why i failed.

maybe i could give it another shot, i think i could have ate more fish.

right now im eating a high raw paleo diet..

this is quite similar to my eating style

http://www.rawpaleodiet.org/my-current-diet-1.html
art

Post by art »

heres a neat chart

http://www.rawpaleodiet.org/quick-compa ... vaf-1.html

" Wai Genriiu and other members of the Artists Cooperative Groove Union in Amsterdam, Netherlands with strong scientific research backgrounds have published a brilliant and interesting book entitled The Fruit Diet; No More Cellulite, No More Acne, No More Overweight, (ordering info at this link ) which advocates a raw diet consisting largely of fruit and some vegetables, along with raw eggs, raw fish and some raw meats (the authors do not approve of dairy, even when raw). The amazing thing about the book is the incredible volume in each chapter of citations and references to articles in the scientific literature providing evidence for the harm of eating cooked and processed foods and the benefits and safety of eating raw Paleolithic-type foods, including raw meats and fish. For a summary of her recommendations, click here. I have had an opportunity to read a draft copy of the entire book, and it is rather impressive, despite the fact that I may disagree with the author's recommendations on several (probably minor) points. I have also corresponded with the author and found her to be brilliant and highly intuitive regarding nutrition."
Christina

Post by Christina »

Art, have you tried eating Wai including more protein foods like a portion of raw beef every day and more egg yolks. It might keep your weight and muscle mass up where you want it. Esp. if you work out with weights.
And maybe you overate fruits with fats at times, which is supposed to make the body more soft, if done frequently. So, I guess small frequent fruit meals like sips of oj/oo ( in tune with energy requirements) and otherwise more protein might do the trick for you. Being in tune with the body's needs might be the hardest thing to learn and easy to not get results on the diet if without it.
And regarding all these studies of Okinawa etc.. Chinese and Japanese are suffering from tons of health issues, incl. a very high rate of birth defects in their country where they eat tons of rice. It is almost impossible to look at some, in avergage, more healthy culture and adopt their food habits while expecting to become as healthy. It's just too abstract. At this point we need to try things and tune into our body to find what works best. I woudn't give up on the Wai way too fast. Their is quite a few things that can be adjusted for the highest success on this diet which takes patience. :)
art

Post by art »

my first 3 months following WAI, i looked and felt amazing i was lean and musclar, you see my pics that i posted.

after 6 months my face and body became very puffy, my friends started noticing.

i could re try it.
Christina

Post by Christina »

Did you try it the way I suggested? Because if so and you react poorly to it, then maybe you need to do the Wai way in combination with a paleo diet. Have less fruit and more cucumber, tomato, avo and all kinds of raw meat. But you might lose lots of weight because it's extreme low carb.
I saw your pics. you look good. I sometimes wonder how a guy can stay strong on mostly fruit and very little protein. If you don't break out, I would just take more protein and less fruit. And more filling fruit like bananas with egg yolk, whenever you need. My partner is built similar to you and he's strong and defined, too. But he eats Wai plus 6oz of raw grass fed beef with 3egg yolks and honey every day. Plus 6 egg yolks with bananas and 4 oz of fish, avocado etc. He's been raw for 14 years (he's 32 now) He used to have raw milk and cream etc. but his digestion wasn't as good and I don't like the smell of someone who eats lots of dairy, kind of rancid. :P I hope you figure sth. good out for yourself.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

art wrote:i could re try it.
If you do, keep us updated, so we can help you tweaking the diet to your specific needs. In the end everyone is different, even on such a 'limited' diet as the Wai Diet.

I wonder how you became puffy...maybe if you didn't get enough energy and your body started to use muscle mass to compensate, the protein could've caused the increased water retention.
art

Post by art »

thats what i'm thinking Oscar....