Eat To Beat Acne

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
Pisces
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by Pisces »

Well, I ate about 4 apples and 5-6 bannanas accompanied by either olive oil or nuts, enough that was palpable. Occasionally I would eat rasberries or blueberries. I did find prepackaged raw brazil nuts and pecans, and I could tell by looks and taste which ones were rancid and spit them out. I could not find nuts with shells.

I had about 1 big salad of cucmbers/tomatoes/olive oil and strove for 4 yolks a day though it normally was 1-2 mashed with avacado. When extra hungry I ate more avacados. I would eat maybe 3 when I came home. Although one was mixed with yolk.

The yolks were free range organic and I used her tips to make sure they were extra fresh.

I'd never eaten sashimi before, and she turned me on to this. I found a really good restaurant here and was able to buy it every day at Whole Foods Market, where they have a Japanese sushi chef making it daily. I ate mostly tuna and a little salmon. I cant say how much it was, it was the normal amount for a meal. The shashimi makes me feel terrific.

However I did eat the sashimi with just a teeny speck of wasabi.

I did this diet at first to ease into it by including 1-2 munch meals a day. Going all raw was going to be too drastic and hard. After about a week of this, I thought my skin was improving. So I went all raw. After 4-5 days of this I had the most severe acne I've ever had.

Although, the total rejuvenation of my skin tone was remarkable, like when I was 15. I would definitely like that back again.

I am still eating 2 yolks a day with avacado, and an apple and 3-4 bannanas with olive oil daily. Sushi less often but I still love it.
Pisces

Post by Pisces »

Also, what does the Wai diet advocate as being the best munch food?

As I understand it is the food with the highest concentration of sugar and fat per serving? With the lowest amount of protein... up to 15 grams of protein a day?

So chocolate chip cookies or danish would be better than steak and vegetables?

I know from experience that I would NOT break out on steak and vegetables but there is a very likely probability on something high sugar, although I do agree that the fat makes it better on your blood sugar levels.

Maybe the key to acne has more to do with blood sugar levels than the amount of "dirty protein" in your blood.

I tried the zone diet and that made my skin clearer as well.
Pisces

Post by Pisces »

In terms of blood sugar fluctuations, while I agree that fruits are full of anitoxidants and nutrients, they make the blood sugar fluctuate more. They are even worse on blood sugar levels that refined grains, because they are digested much faster, in like 15 minutes and for banannas a tad longer but the sugar enters the blood more quickly.

Fat slows it down a bit, but from my experience the amount of sugar in all those fruits seemed to make me break out.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Pisces wrote:I did find prepackaged raw brazil nuts and pecans, and I could tell by looks and taste which ones were rancid and spit them out. I could not find nuts with shells.
Then you have never been on the acne sample diet.
Eating those nuts is more than enough to make you break out.
If you do the diet, you need to adhere to ALL the rules.
However I did eat the sashimi with just a teeny speck of wasabi.
For me thats enough to make me break out.
Pisces wrote:Also, what does the Wai diet advocate as being the best munch food?

As I understand it is the food with the highest concentration of sugar and fat per serving? With the lowest amount of protein... up to 15 grams of protein a day?
Yes.
So chocolate chip cookies or danish would be better than steak and vegetables?
Some vegetables better than chocolate and both better than steak.
I know from experience that I would NOT break out on steak
Do the (real, 100%) sample diet until your skin is totally clear and then try the steak and you will break out.

I tried the zone diet and that made my skin clearer as well.
"Clearer" is not 100% clear.
You can get that on the acne sample diet though, if you do it right.
Pisces wrote:In terms of blood sugar fluctuations, while I agree that fruits are full of anitoxidants and nutrients, they make the blood sugar fluctuate more.
If you eat everything in one setting, yes.
But with this diet, you eat very small meals very frequently, so that on this diet the blood sugar fluctuations are much smaller.
You first need to do this diet properly...
the amount of sugar in all those fruits seemed to make me break out.
If you try the real acne sample diet (not your version), you will find that this is not the case.
Why dont you try?
Pisces

Post by Pisces »

Then you have never been on the acne sample diet.
Eating those nuts is more than enough to make you break out.
If you do the diet, you need to adhere to ALL the rules.
I have been eating small fequent meals, about 9 times a day. I don't eat all the fruit in one sitting.

I need the nuts to balance out the blood sugar, and the oils are not portable. I can't find shelled nuts around here. Where do I find them?

I did suspect the wasabi could do it, and the unshelled nuts, which is why I disclosed it here. Thank you for pinpointing it , although I AM amazed that they can do THAT much damage.

As you can probably tell, I am a little scared to jump in again after having the most severe acne in my life.

Need to abide by all the rules? I thought I was being strict enough that my skin would get clearer. A speck of wasabi and nuts out of the shell can cause the most severe acne in my life? WOW.

A steak won't make me break out now but it would after being on the diet? Wow, it sounds like this diet really changes the body chemistry in some way.
Pisces

Post by Pisces »

I need the nuts to balance out the blood sugar, and the oils are not portable. I can't find shelled nuts around here. Where do I find them?
When I say shelled I mean "with shells" and when I say "unshelled" I mean without shells. Augh! :lol:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Especially with acne you do have to abide by all the rules in the Acne Sample Diet (that's why they are there). So the only "strict enough" is 100% strict. ;)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Pisces wrote:the oils are not portable.
You cannot carry a small bottle?
I can't find shelled nuts around here. Where do I find them?
Please check out the "nuts" forum
Need to abide by all the rules?
Yes. Thats why it works. Dont abide and it doesnt work.
it sounds like this diet really changes the body chemistry in some way.
It doesnt.
What changes, is a shift in water retention (see www.freeacnebook.com ), and if you then take something bad, it shifts back 'with a vengance'.
Thats because a shift in water balance can much easier be triggered when little water-retaining molecules are present as compared to on a normal diet when much water-retaining molecules are present at all times.
So, the only thing that changes, is your 'susceptibility' to a shift in the water balance. After this has happened, only careful experimentation should be done, and not 'simply eating the wrong nuts', as nuts are high in protein.
Pisces

Post by Pisces »

Yes. Thats why it works. Dont abide and it doesnt work.
She didn't say anything about Wasabi in the book. I'm glad I know now.

Well, as I was reading the book I did come across some information about plastics, so I am wary especially to put oil in plastics. I might see about glass.

Thank you for answering so thourougly. I appreciate all your hard work as a moderator here, and you too, Oscar.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

You're welcome. :)

Basically the only things you can eat are: fresh fruit, avocado/tomato/cucumber(/chives) salad (in whichever combination), extra virgin olive oil, raw fish/egg yolks. That's it, nothing else. No salt, pepper, wasabi, soy sauce, etc.

If you're absolutely sure they are raw (so in their shell), you could eat Brazil nuts or Macademia nuts, but if not, avoid them altogether.

For more details: http://www.freeacnebook.com/SampleDiet.htm
Pisces

Post by Pisces »

Great, sounds and is yummy.

Now this is a raw food diet that I can definitely do.

The raw fish and egg yolk is really great.

Why chives? Isn't that a vegetable? If a speck of wasabi can do it, can't chives?
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Chives is not on the diet, but its negative/harmful effects are low, so it can be used for taste. Basically it's harmless junkfood. ;)
As far as I know, most, if not all wasabi is fake and processed. Maybe if a little of the actual root could be used it wouldn't be so bad. I read that the actual taste is quite mild, and not at all so spicy as the commercial versions.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

The (raw) wasabi root is still too much spicy for the acne sample diet.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Ah okay, good to know. :)