Eat To Beat Acne

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
benzapp
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by benzapp »

art wrote: We migrated out of Africa to follow animals. It’s been researched that they consumed mostly meat and plants and yes some fruit if available.
The out of africa theory has many detractors. It doesn't make much sense that humans would have evolved in Africa, but the oldest ancient cities would be in central asia. We don't know what acient people ate - it's that simple.
Go out for a nature walk and tell me how many wild animals you see compared to fruit or even vegetables. I did I saw squirrels, birds, bugs, insects, rabbit, deer. Ok now how many fruits or edible plants did I see 0. the math is very easy.
No species covers this earth as do humans. Obviously, our original environment was a unique one. What caused humans to be so different in comparison with other mammals? We'll probably never know, but this doesn't mean the food supply in rural Pennsylvania is the most ideal. If you want to subsist on squirrels and insects, go for it.
theres a man who lives a state away, hes 115(oldest man in us) and credits his longevity to cod,milk, and boiled corn, and of course being active, now according to wai and RRM's logic he should of been dead of some disease 50 years ago : D
Anecdotal evidence is irrelevant. My grandfather smoked his entire life and drank 2 martinis a night and lived until he was 95. Big deal. Outside of major bodily trauma like a bullet to the head, there are few hard and fast rules. Cause and effect is always mediated by probability in the realm of medicine.
art

Post by art »

living in rural PA has many advantages, living in city you have to deal with much pollution, here i have accress to fresh mountain air and fresh milk and eggs.
art

Post by art »

im done here on this forum, im going togo eat some beef and butter now . cya

- i only tried giving my experiences. :D :lol:
avalon

Post by avalon »

HI and maybe bye art... but just in case...

you wrote:
but what we do know is what the longest living cultures consumed, studied by weston price, and they consumed no fruit or very tiny amounts but mostly plants and animals.
I wasn't just jumping in I don't think. I was commenting on that you wrote "we know" and "no fruit". Mostly I was refering to your Weston Price comment, which I felt was inacurate.

I have and still do eat plants and animals. My greens are mostly in banana smoothies and if you are going by the Wai Diet this would be considered a munch food. I eat raw meat and raw fish, but truth be told, I'd really like to go meatless for a while, not sure why...

I wish you wellness in your travels,

Avalon :)[/quote]
Terence

Post by Terence »

art wrote:im done here on this forum, im going togo eat some beef and butter now . cya

- i only tried giving my experiences. :D :lol:
Art, could you please describe exactly what have been your problems on this diet!? I would really like to know because I just started this diet and have no long term experience. The first two problems I encountered are teeth and brain problems. Sometimes I feel a loss of concentration.

I guess you are following the primal diet now(?). If so, be careful. Dairy is the most addictive food I know. It make me very ill in the long-run...

Terence
Terence

Re: Diet

Post by Terence »

Marty wrote:It does seem hard to argue with the basic design of the human body, though (in terms of what to eat).

This diet works so well that it has created profound changes (back to what is natural) for me, in the body.
Marty, how long have you been on this diet?
Could you please describe these "profound changes"!?
I am very curios... I don´t have long-term experience.

Terence
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Sometimes I feel a loss of concentration.
I think this could have to do with withdrawal symptoms from for example caffeine, and/or the effects from some beta-carbolines. The body, used to compensate, is still doing that while the source has gone. So in effect, it is overreacting.
Marty

Changes to the body

Post by Marty »

I had colitis (intestinal bleeding; malabsorption; difficulty in digesting) even after removing wheat and all other grains, beans, and dairy from my diet for over 15 years. I do not have this problem any more.

I have clear skin after having acne from the age of 10. I have gained weight after years of extreme thinness from colitis.

But most of all, I have felt what many disciplines call 'the energy body' or 'subtle body'-- with extreme precision and fullness. This is not something this diet refers to explicitly, but it was something that emerged and surprised me greatly. And even though there is a clarity to thinking-- mental processes are wondrously clear, and no food or thought feels addicitive or worth clinging to-- there is a far greater feeling of clarity that goes beyond the mind's processes. Of course we are far more than either the body or the mind... and the perception of this paradoxically makes the mind and body function better.

This sense came out of nowhere but it came from a great sense of listening and suspending disbelief over the reasoning behind this diet-- I simply listened, without a preconception of whether it would work or not. Just this alone creates an ability to find what is natural-- whether it is in the body, or the mind, or the space behind both, that precedes both.

This diet is wondrous to me for many reasons. I think ultimately it frees you from dogma; from a system; from dietary rules. It simply helps you listen. You will be astonished at what you find.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thank you for sharing that with us, Marty...
Terence

Post by Terence »

Oscar wrote:
Sometimes I feel a loss of concentration.
I think this could have to do with withdrawal symptoms from for example caffeine, and/or the effects from some beta-carbolines. The body, used to compensate, is still doing that while the source has gone. So in effect, it is overreacting.
I wonder if a lot of sugar could be harmful for our brains?
On low carb I never got these concentration problems.

I hope that RRM is right, that my body needs time to readjust to fruits.

What are beta-carbolines? Are they substances/toxins in cooked meat?

Terence
Terence

Re: Changes to the body

Post by Terence »

Marty wrote:...And even though there is a clarity to thinking-- mental processes are wondrously clear, and no food or thought feels addicitive or worth clinging to-- there is a far greater feeling of clarity that goes beyond the mind's processes. Of course we are far more than either the body or the mind...
Marty, could you please describe your experiences?
Do feel somehow "more connected" or something like this?
Do you feel inner peace, inner happiness?

I can´t imagine that men on this diet would commit rape,
as Wai thinks from all men, if I remember correctly.
It just came into my mind when thinking of heavy cooked meat eaters
in comparison to this diet. Cooked meat + fat always makes me very aggressive and vicious. Fruits make me soft and perhaps weak.
Unfortunately I have the feeling that aggressive power could be an advantage in our society today.

I still would like to know how long you have been on this diet..

Terence
Marty

experience

Post by Marty »

I think you come to a point where how you feel is not an experience....(it is something novel, or passing)...

You realize too that when you "I am happy," you are immediately out of the happiness...do you know what I mean?

That being said--

I think it is a happy juncture to have this kind of 'health' along with bodily health. They are not inseparable. And yet the process of listening to the body is really the important thing. When you don't have illness to hang your hat on, you find out what you really are. The natural body is resilient and luminous and fine; it is a miracle on all levels. I think realizing this is what really humbles the mind; causes it to recede somewhat, and not try to dictate to life.

I don't know if that makes sense....?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Terence wrote:Sometimes I feel a loss of concentration.
Most likely its a decrease in the blood sugar level. Maybe you are not ingesting energy frequent enough? How many meals do you eat?
See what extra energy does (in very small frequent intakes).
Marty

mind

Post by Marty »

I am sorry my post is so chopped up; there is no edit function....

I type and correct what I type extremely fast, and it seems that sometimes the server does not catch it all, leading to very bad expression in my posts...

I found this diet 15 months ago, to answer your remaining question... I had noticed MANY of the things in the diet beforehand, due to several factors, including living in places where fruit was freely available and very cheap. I adjusted it right away while staying within the general parameters of it. But with some trial and error, it has been about a year since really following it all the way.

I do hope this post goes up with all the grammar as smooth as I have made it with typing over and typing more slowly....
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Terence wrote:I wonder if a lot of sugar could be harmful for our brains?
Our brains use glucose to function.
Terence wrote:What are beta-carbolines? Are they substances/toxins in cooked meat?
When cooking protein, the protein denaturates into peptides and amino acids, which will form new substances with carbohydrates. These substances are called Hetero-Cyclic Amines (HCAs). Some of these HCAs are beta-carbolines.