Eat To Beat Acne

moved from 1 up by mods, once they've proved to contain interesting discussions
thea
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Eat To Beat Acne

Post by thea »

this guy said you need to eat more protein and less carbs !!!

thank for your answer ?

Eat To Beat Acne - A/Prof Neil Mann, RMIT University , Australia

A/Prof Neil Mann "Some health professionals believe that the diet-acne link is a myth. This is based on two poorly controlled studies published over 30 years ago. The researchers of these studies were expert dermatologists, but lacked nutrition knowledge. As a result they tended to focus on individual foods, like chocolate rather than on the diet as a whole. In acne, I believe there are several different dietary factors that work together. From our study, we found a combination of protein-rich foods and low GI carbohydrates helped to control the hormonal imbalances that lead to acne."
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

I guess one of the authors is Cordain?
Here is my response to his theory
thea

Post by thea »

Thank you so much RRM is the very very good answer. I don't like the theory of Cordein too.
:D
art

Post by art »

Well another problem I find with diets like these and other crazy diets like vegan or raw food, SAD(Standard American Diet). In the last say 25-50 years this is the first time humans have ever had diets like this simply because we have the technology to eat basically whatever we want, we are changing the way our ancestors ate for millions of years, how could they be wrong after millions of years of evolving? These diets consisted of stricky of plants and mostly animal and grains in the last 10k years, For example if our food supply was shut down today and you had to live off the land; for example when i take walks i never see fruit or wild vegetables, and fruit is very very difficult to grow here so i would personally be eating a diet of mostly wild game with plants.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Dates and figs cannot be cultivated there?
If the trees are not there, it doesnt mean that they cannot. Do you have some land? If so, you could start planting some fruit trees....
Marty

Diet

Post by Marty »

It does seem hard to argue with the basic design of the human body, though (in terms of what to eat).

This diet works so well that it has created profound changes (back to what is natural) for me, in the body.

I have often heard arguments that one should eat only what is cultivated very local to oneself, too.

In North America, this is often countered with the argument that many of the indigenous populations here roamed extensively to supplement and fill out their diet (even beyond the roaming that was done to hunt and gather). They moved seasonally; they went great distances.

But even to this dispute, I would say:

It is hard to argue with what your body seems to like, and thrive on. This diet has been extraordinary in that regard for me.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Also, we should take into account that we used to live only in (sub)tropical regions, and as we moved to other parts of the world we started eating less natural foods (less good for us) we might not be adapted to.
In other words, our current natural environment (the entire world) is not neccessarily our biological natural environment.
Marty

Regional

Post by Marty »

Yes--- exactly.

You discover this when you really listen to the body. You learn its rhythms; how all organs are perhaps not equally strong in you; what the body truly is designed to thrive on.

You cannot truly listen with a preconceived notion of what you will find; it is a forceful imposition on the facts.
avo

Post by avo »

I don't think the whole 'local eating' thing has any real substance today. I mean, 1 plane ticket and 3 hours later, you could be in a tropical paradise, or in the middle of a blizzard.
art

Post by art »

noone really knows what our ancestors ate (although most think it was meat and plant based, we were scavengers feeding off of dead animals until we learned how to hunt), but what we do know is what the longest living cultures consumed, studied by weston price, and they consumed no fruit or very tiny amounts but mostly plants and animals.

when our ancestors settled down 8-10k years ago,
Milk from animals became important as human food several thousand years ago. With settlement, fewer animals were available, as people roamed less, they hunted less, eating more grains and vegetables. Milk replaced animal bones as the source of calcium and other minerals.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

art wrote:what we do know is what the longest living cultures consumed
Who were they, and how long did they live, and how long ago?
(plus scientific sources, please)
when our ancestors settled down 8-10k years ago,
I guess you are not referring to those people, right?
In evolutionary terms, they are us.
avalon

Post by avalon »

art wrote:
no one really knows what our ancestors ate (although most think it was meat and plant based, we were scavengers feeding off of dead animals until we learned how to hunt), ...
Forgive me for starting this, but we do have a pretty good idea what our ancestors ate by studying ancient campsite remains- bone composition/tools and teeth striations using electron microscopes.
but what we do know is what the longest living cultures consumed, studied by weston price, and they consumed no fruit or very tiny amounts but mostly plants and animals.
This is incorrect- Such as- Apricots, for example were a large part of the Hunza diet- as well as mulberries, which were eaten raw during the summer and dried during the winter.

I'll leave the refernces part up to whoever as to what our ancestors ate. It's not a difficult google. I have done so, but not memorized enough to quote off hand- ehh, except to say... yes-
planes, trains and automobiles...

sorry- Fruits, vegetables and meats/fish in various quantities at various lacations at various perods of our evilution, sorry- evolution :twisted:

Avalon :)
art

Post by art »

you didnt read my post cost correctly, i sad meat and plant based with some fruit... you need to research more before you jump into crazy high fruit diets, i did this diet for almost 1 year, i lost nearly all muscle and overall this diet was destroying my brain, i felt great in the beginning but now i regret it.

avalon have you ever tried a high meat/plant intake for awhile?
i know from experience.
art

Post by art »

indeed fruit played a major role in evolution but for the most part humans did not live in areas where fruit would be able to make up a large percent of a diet but rather very low to nothing, and yes in some people it might have made up a very large percent. We migrated out of Africa to follow animals. It’s been researched that they consumed mostly meat and plants and yes some fruit if available. Go out for a nature walk and tell me how many wild animals you see compared to fruit or even vegetables. I did I saw squirrels, birds, bugs, insects, rabbit, deer. Ok now how many fruits or edible plants did I see 0. the math is very easy.

theres a man who lives a state away, hes 115(oldest man in us) and credits his longevity to cod,milk, and boiled corn, and of course being active, now according to wai and RRM's logic he should of been dead of some disease 50 years ago : D
benzapp

Post by benzapp »

art wrote:you didnt read my post cost correctly, i sad meat and plant based with some fruit... you need to research more before you jump into crazy high fruit diets, i did this diet for almost 1 year, i lost nearly all muscle and overall this diet was destroying my brain, i felt great in the beginning but now i regret it.

avalon have you ever tried a high meat/plant intake for awhile?
i know from experience.
If you starved yourself, that is no ones fault but your own. So, now your this brain dead bitter person in the middle of nowhere and want to lash out at those of us who support this diet. Find some other hobby.