Emeira's Diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
MarciavD
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Emeira's Diary

Post by MarciavD »

I thought IF gives the same effects as reducing calorie intake, without the need to actually reduce them.
Guess the need for calories depends on how much energy is created by autophagy. And the more healthy / clean you are, the less energy comes from autophagy.
So first you might need less calories than before, while later on you come to a similar level as before?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote: Mon 29 May 2017 15:13 but now on WW your eat less calories than on wai regular, right?
Hardly any more.
Needing less energy while fasting is due to the use of 'accumulated garbage' in cells for energy.
Once all this 'accumulated garbage' has been cleared, virtually all required energy needs to come from food (again), and some from new garbage resulting from daily collateral damage (oxidative processes)
Is there still any benefits of intermittent fasting if I consume (during eating window) the same amount of calories as I was eating on a wai regular, around~ 2000kcal
If you would be, in fact, consuming exactly as many calories, then there would be no autophagy going on.
But this is very hard to measure. About 2000 kcal on WW may mean 1900 kcal, or 1950 kcal, or it may previously have been 2050 kcal, or 2100 kcal on Wai Regular. That could amount up to 10% of total energy, which is quite a lot. Even 2% is quite substantial.
Even when its 2% (about 40 kcal), it simply means you are still cleaning cells, extending their lifespan
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

MarciavD wrote: Mon 29 May 2017 16:40 I thought IF gives the same effects as reducing calorie intake, without the need to actually reduce them.
Yes, but autophagy is only beneficial as long as there is some 'garbage' to use for fuel.
Thus less dietary energy is needed.
Once all accumulated garbage has been cleared, only (daily) new garbage may be used for energy, which may be hardly measurable.
So first you might need less calories than before, while later on you come to a similar level as before?
Exactly
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

Once all this 'accumulated garbage' has been cleared
If you would be, in fact, consuming exactly as many calories, then there would be no autophagy going on.
... but does it necessary to do intermittent fasting, with fasting hours and eating window to clean all those "accumulated garbage"? If its all about calories, maybe its enough to be on regular wai diet, just eat less food and to be in mini deficit 50-100kcal. Does that not make the same "cleaning" effect?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote: Sat 10 Jun 2017 08:22 maybe its enough to be on regular wai diet, just eat less food and to be in mini deficit 50-100kcal. Does that not make the same "cleaning" effect?
Yes, it does
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

RRM wrote: Mon 20 Jun 2016 20:11 Also, a high fruit diet is low in phytic acid and indigestable fibers, and does not contain high levels of zinc (which all also improves copper absorption).
I think this study shows that phytic acid enhance Cu bioavailability (just this study was done with rats)
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/3373335
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

... nevermind, just found this: : "Phytase is the enzyme that neutralizes phytic acid and liberates the phosphorus. This enzyme co-exists in plant foods that contain phytic acid. Ruminant animals such as cows, sheep and goats have no trouble with phytic acid because phytase is produced by rumen microorganisms; monogastric animals also produce phytase, although far less. Mice produce thirty times more phytase than humans,26 so they can be quite happy eating a raw whole grain. Data from experiments on phytic acid using mice and other rodents cannot be applied to humans."
http://testingcancer.blogspot.co.uk/201 ... erals.html
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, rodents may very efficiently digest foods laden with anti-nutrients.
For humans, the anti-nutrient properties of phytic acid are well documented.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

I did ferritin test and its too low 11.89 that shows that I am iron deficient. You really have to track what you eat on a raw diet, my daily iron intake from fruits, yolk, nuts was around 10, that definitely was not enough

... by the way, I am on a raw diet since 2013 till now, my ferritin history:
2014-03: 38
2014-06: 63 (after taking iron supplements)
2016-06: 48 (no longer taking iron suppl. ferritin dropped again)
2020-02: decreased till 12
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Of course, my advice is to increase egg yolk intake, as they are loaded with iron.
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

If I would consume 20 egg yolks per day (what is impossible, too expensive and my skin can not tolerate such amount) and 1500g orange juice I would still get too little iron 13mg. So this is not an option, beef also is not good for me, it cause constipation.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote: Tue 31 Mar 2020 21:47 If I would consume 20 egg yolks per day (what is impossible, too expensive and my skin can not tolerate such amount) and 1500g orange juice I would still get too little iron 13mg.
27 mg
which could be too much
https://www.waiworld.com/waidiet/nut-calcsimple.html

10 eggs + 1500 mg OJ would result in 15 mg, which is the RDA
The RDA, by the way, is a 'safe for all' level.
People with optimal functioning digestive system need far less; between 5 and 10 mg (old recommendations)
Emeira

Post by Emeira »

...something does not match. According to your calculation how much does one yolk weighs?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Emeira wrote: Fri 03 Apr 2020 02:29 ...something does not match.
That is because no 2 yolks are the same.
So, it depends on your source.
i dont know about the USDA, but at least the European studies (source 2) list averages of many (169 in this case) samples, so i always opt for source 2.
According to your calculation how much does one yolk weighs?
The European studies (compiled by Sourci et al) recorded an average weight of 16.6 grams
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

https://www.cbc.ca/marketplace/blog/test-results-eggs
There are nutritional differences in egg yolk content, by brand, by way they are raised, and the season (after pasture season etc.).
-----
I have 2 boxes at home today,
First box says 4% iron / egg.
Second box says 6% iron / egg.
Egg sizes are different. If I really wanted to I can work out the math to see if the small egg has more iron than the big egg. But that is a lot of math work.
I would rather assume I am getting 10 g from small or large eggs with 4% (not 6%) as calculation, to error on the side of having less.
-----
Several years ago, the smallest egg, I measured a yield 10 g of yolk, after I took the base weight of the bowl and then added the liquid yolk without the sac into the the bowl. I subtracted with my scale, and it was 10 g. Maybe I was clumsy and did not extract everything. Anyways that was my final yield for that egg. The larger eggs I did get 13 g.
-----
RRM wrote: Fri 03 Apr 2020 06:12 The European studies (compiled by Sourci et al) recorded an average weight of 16.6 grams
Such large eggs, (or maybe better egg yolk extraction technique).
Are you surrre they are not eating ostriches?

-----
What you can do is empty the egg yolk contents into a weighed bowl.
Weigh the bowl with egg yolks.
Subtract the bowl weight.
Then take the weight of the egg yolk liquid and divide by 16.6 g. That way you can figure out how many Sourci eggs you ate.
-----
For me I would need at least 2 eggs to get 1 Sourci egg. (Let's say I did a really good job the first time measuring 10 g, but today I woke up clumsy and lost 2 g to the garbage, then I would have 8 g of egg yolk/ egg. That would be 2 eggs to reach 16 g.).
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!