My current diet

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Mr. PC
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: My current diet

Post by Mr. PC »

Recently I have been eating whole foods, and I've felt better because of it, but been getting sick nevertheless. I am constantly lacking sleep however.

I tried sleeping today, but light and noise is a problem for me; I have 2 blankets plus a set of curtains over my window, but light still gets in somehow. Hopefully lying down with my eyes closed for a few hours did some good. I am still taking a multi on days when I get 10 or less oranges, and a zinc consistently (it's low in my diet and I can't seem to get it high enough with food), but I generally eat 10+oranges, 1-2 bananas, 6 yolks, 2 tomatoes, 50-100ml OO, 1-2 avocados, and usually either some raw beef or 100grams raw salmon.
Today I only at 3 oranges and 4 eggyolks. No sugar; my body didn't want anything and my stomach hurts every time I eat. I did have a multivitamin. I haven't used any energy either. Not that I feel terrible, only a little sick, but if eating (today) makes me feel worse I'm gonna listen to my body.

I did accomplish setting up a page to sell my compositions, http://albertmckay.bandcamp.com/
so far they're all synth/keyboard based songs (except 1), but I plan to get my other songs up tomorrow or next week.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Oh, the zinc gives me 50 mg, but I break it in half. I figure even though I'm still going over, my absorption is low in pill form so it balances. I feel a lot better today after resting. I think I might get rid of refined sugar entirely, except maybe as a seasoning on something. but I figure as long as I don't rely on it whatsoever as far as energy goes, I can trust my body and should be getting enough vitamins naturally (as long as I keep my energy up).

Today I drank 850ml OJ, 1 avocado, 2 tomatoes, a few grapes, a few slices cucumber, multivitamin, 25mg zinc. I plan still to eat a banana and eat some raw steak.

This morning I was feeling my teeth with my finger (I realized I have a habit of doing that to make sure they're clean) and a chip came out of the top, right near the gum. I'm quite frightened by this. I've been going back and forth between commercial toothpaste and coconut oil. When I saw that I got a little scared and actually drank a glass of my sister's calcium fortified almond milk (it tastes like cardboard. I find everything commercial now tastes fake to me). I know it won't do anything (good), but it was a fear impulse decision.
I'm guessing the chip could be 1-lack of certain nutrient(s), likely from when I tried the sugar water diet, which came up again this weekend when I was out and couldn't get juice. 2-Too much sugar / acid.
When I woke up this morning my teeth were also covered in plaque, which I haven't experienced in a while; they're usually cleanish when I wake up, unless I'd eaten a munch food, which I hadn't.

I bought the sensodine pro-namel toothpaste, which seemed to help with my teeth before, and plan to buy this Australian Calcium-Fluoride toothpaste a dentist had sold me a while back, but I'd not bought more when I ran out.

I'm also thinking I'll start eating more beef. Now that I've chipped my tooth, I really don't care about cost as far as food goes - I'll spend whatever it takes to not lose my teeth (compared to the price of a new tooth, it's nothing).

Oh, when I brush, I usually stick my brush-bristles between my teeth and gum, and flick/pull away from the gums. I then brush the gums entirely, and rinse very thoroughly afterward, as I hate the fluoride taste of toothpaste.

Does it seem to you guys like I constantly have a variety of health problems? It does to me sometimes, and my mom has commented that it's just one issue after another with me (scalp fungus, dry eyes, side-of-nose fungus (I think), flues/colds, teeth chipping, repetitive strain on wrists, candida.

When I was 14 I had none of these problems. . .
overkees

Post by overkees »

I think you're eating too little food. I drink 1.5 L OJ+OO and 5 bananas, a few hands of dried fruits, 5 raw yolks + 100g beef or fish a day. This is on the minimum side.

With only the fruits you get these kind of nutrients:
RDA: FDA Men, 19-24yr (177cm/70in, 72kg/160lb)

Your selection:
[Item 1] 850ml (milliliters) of Orange juice (Citrus sinensis), fresh, not pasteurized, [1][2],
[Item 2] 2units of Tomato (Lycopersicon esculentum), red, ripe, yr avg, [1][2][4],
[Item 3] 1units of Banana (Musa X paradisiaca), [1],
[Item 4] 15units of Grape (Vitis vinifera), european varieties, eg Thompson, [1][2],
[Item 5] 100g (grams) of Cucumber (Cucumis sativus), peeled, [1][2],
[Item 6] 1units of Avocado (Persea americana), California, [1],
[Item 7] 70g (grams) of Olive oil (Olea europea), [1].

Weight:.................................1671.45g

Nutrients...............................Quantity..............RDA

Energy..................................1550.73kcal .....2900.00kcal
Carbohydrate.............................159.34g ..............?g
Fat......................................103.73g ..............?g
Protein...................................14.24g ..........58.00g
Water...................................1386.10ml .............?ml
Fiber.....................................17.08g ..............?g

Vitamins
Vitamin A, RE (Retinol Equivalent).......457.63mcg ......1000.00mcg
-Beta-carotene...........................711.26mcg ............?mcg no data:3,6,7
Vitamin B1, Thiamin........................1.28mg ..........1.50mg
Vitamin B2, Riboflavin.....................0.77mg ..........1.70mg
Vitamin B3, Niacin/Nicotinamide............9.39mg .........19.00mg
Vitamin B5, Pantothenic acid...............4.59mg .............?mg
Vitamin B6, Pyridoxine.....................1.87mg ..........2.00mg
Vitamin B8, Biotin........................11.86mcg ............?mcg no data:1,3,6,7
Vitamin B9, Folic acid...................457.33mcg .......200.00mcg
Vitamin B12................................0.00mcg .........2.00mcg
Vitamin C, Ascorbic acid.................527.01mg .........60.00mg
Vitamin D..................................0.00IU ........400.00IU no data:4
Vitamin E.................................13.65mg .........10.00mg
Vitamin K.................................38.07mcg ........70.00mcg no data:1,3,6,7

Minerals and trace elements
Calcium, Ca..............................158.49mg .......1200.00mg
Iron, Fe...................................5.91mg .........10.00mg
Magnesium, Mg............................246.54mg ........350.00mg
Phosphorus, P............................337.95mg .......1200.00mg
Sodium, Na................................56.47mg .............?mg
Potassium, K............................4175.87mg .............?mg
Zinc, Zn...................................1.80mg .........15.00mg
Iodide, I.................................12.62mcg .......150.00mcg no data:3,6,7
Selenium, Se...............................3.32mcg ........70.00mcg no data:6

Total sugar................................0.00g ..............?g no data:1,2,3,4,5,6,7
Glucose...................................29.38g ..............?g no data:3,6,7
Fructose..................................34.69g ..............?g no data:3,6,7
Sucrose...................................38.82g ..............?g no data:3,6,7
Lactose....................................0.00g ..............?g no data:1,2,3,4,5,6,7
Starch.....................................0.19g ..............?g no data:1,3,4,5,6,7

Fats
Fat, saturated............................14.63g ..............?g
Fat, monounsaturated......................71.52g ..............?g
Fat, polyunsaturated......................10.41g ..............?g

Omega-3 fatty acids
18:3 n-3, linolenic acid (LNA).............0.84g ..............?g
20:5 n-3, eicosapentaenoic acid (EPA)......0.00g ..............?g
22:5 n-3, docosapentaenoic acid (DPA)......0.00g ..............?g
22:6 n-3, docosahexaenoic acid (DHA).......0.00g ..............?g

Cholesterol................................0.00mg .............?mg

With a little bit of beef you still fall below 2000kcal. This is extremely little, you need to eat more. It doesn't even count the antioxidants and other helpful particles. This is why you get sick, your body must clean all the mess which you inflict on it by ingesting too little nutrients. So it needs even more nutrients to clean up the mess. Dried fruits are really cheap if you search good, go for this if money is a problem. It's your health, please don't cut on this. Also, I highly recommend some daily excercise, go walking alot.
Mr. PC

Ghana

Post by Mr. PC »

Wow, I never even saw this thread (actually, I remember reading page 2, but nothing else). I had no idea you had a baby RRM! She's adorable. It will be interesting to see how a Wai baby grows and develops.

I remember you mentioning cooking for your girlfriend way back, and sneaking in eggyolks (or was that someone else?).

I'm curious what Ghana is like, and what the people there are like. A quick Wikipedia lookup says it's 69% Christian, and there are some suburban looking images. It seems to be fairly 'Westernized'. I'm curious about the non-western aspects of their cultures, like eating eggyolks.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Also, in order to sleep well, you also need sufficient of various nutrients (tryptophan, sugar, oleamide, cholesterol, vitamin B3 etc)
which are all provided by juices and animal food.
And when you always sleep, your defense will be so much stronger.
Your health should be your first priority.
RRM
Administrator

Re: Wai baby

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote: I remember you mentioning cooking for your girlfriend way back, and sneaking in eggyolks (or was that someone else?).
Correct, and once she was pregnant, she (after some pressure) agreed to eating egg yolks daily.
I'm curious what Ghana is like, and what the people there are like.
They are very friendly, and laid back.
A quick Wikipedia lookup says it's 69% Christian, and there are some suburban looking images. It seems to be fairly 'Westernized'.
Yes, but thats mainly the big cities.
I'm curious about the non-western aspects of their cultures, like eating eggyolks.
Traditional aspects of their cultures are everywhere; even in the big cities.
Maybe not on the surface, but in their attitude towards food, medicine, social life etc.
including believing in witchcraft, for example.
They use modern medication in the traditional way; they just buy the medicines from Drs
when they think they have a certain ailment; very dangerous.
Egg yolks always were for the poor people that could not afford western/traditional medicines; to self-medicate.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Ok, so I'm going to start to eat beef OR salmon every day. I've not had munch foods in 4 days, and I feel a lot better; I wonder whether that's why (although I still have a cold).

So what should my minimum juice intake be, if I only have OJ, 50ml OO, 6 yolks, 100grams of Salmon or beef, 1-2 tomatoes, 1 banana or avocado.
Should it be at least 2 liters a day?

People are telling me the juice / sugar it wearing my teeth away, but I guess the reality is lack of vitamins, so more juice (and animal food) is the answer. I may be feeling better because of the beef, rather than the lack of munch foods.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Sorry to derail here, but would you be able to tell me what their attitude toward social life is? How do they generally view strangers, friends, acquaintances, parents, cousins, etc?

I like the idea of cultures that are radically different than my own in terms of social interaction, as well as morality, sexuality, gender, and social roles.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:I feel a lot better; I wonder whether that's why (although I still have a cold).
You get the cold when yur defense is low.
It takes time to restore your defense to full strength.
To do so, you need to sleep a lot, and ingest all the required nutrients.
Not just a day or two, but all the time.
So what should my minimum juice intake be
There is no 'minimum intake'.
You should consume animal food daily, and consume as much juice / fruits as you need for energy.
This will vary per day.
What is enough for one day, may be not nearly enough for the next day.
On this diet, we learn to listen to our energy needs.
Thats actually lesson 1.
I may be feeling better because of the beef, rather than the lack of munch foods.
Consuming just a little bit of munch foods already has a big impact.
Thats not so much about the bad stuff in munch foods, but particularly so because your body tries to tell you it only wants thew raw foods.
The only way it can notify you, is by making you feel bad, physically.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Mr. PC wrote:Sorry to derail here
No problem, i will split it off later.
would you be able to tell me what their attitude toward social life is? How do they generally view strangers, friends, acquaintances, parents, cousins, etc?
Ghanians tend to see white and asian people as intellectually superior.
Strangers are very much welcomed.
Gossip is a big thing among ghanians, and they talk about eachother a lot,
and they care very much about their status and reputation,
so that a lot of struggles (among friends / acquaintances) originate because of this talking / gossip.
Social pressure is very strong.
Cousins, nephews, uncles, aunts etc are regarded as equal to brothers, sisters, fathers and mothers,
and are often referred to as such.
as well as morality, sexuality, gender, and social roles.
Homosexuality is still a taboo, though to a lesser extend in the big cities (Kumasi, Accra)
Gender bias is very strong; there are a lot of things men / women are supposed (not) to do.
Most women are financially independent, as they tend to have small retail businesses more than men do.
Its socially accepted for women to have children from different men.
People who do well, financially, are supposed to take care of all of those that do not, within their (extended) family.
Having children is the only proof 'that you are a real man / woman',
and regarded as an investment, as they will have to take care of you when they have grown up.
Children are 'collectively raised' in the sense that children are publically corrected,
even by total strangers when their behaviour is considered inappropriate.
'A good slapping' is considered a normal tool in raising children.
Children are respectful towards everybody older than them.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Hmm, many traits similar to the West, although a little more orthodox. Less nuclear, but otherwise hierarchical. One part of me likes the idea of children being 'collectively raised', but without the corporal punishment of course. I also find interesting that it's not taboo for women to have children from different men.

So how would they feel about, for example, a soft-spoken, gentle, single, very-thin white-man in his 20s who's interested in poetry, music etc. and works with kids? What if this man did not hide his beliefs - anarcho-communist, atheist, pro-women's reproductive rights, euthanasia, homosexuality (but he's not homosexual), and children's rights (as in, as long as they don't infringe on the rights of others, and understand the potential consequence of their actions [eg smoking wrecks your lungs], they should enjoy the same freedoms as adults). I doubt someone with all of these views would be well accepted, but maybe some views are not as taboo as others?

Thanks for the detailed answer; most people I ask this kind of question don't know what I mean or why I would care.

[P.S. I've derailed even more under the assumption it's ok because you're splitting this one off.]
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

Ya, and I have a good sense of my energy needs, it was just that I was using too much white sugar, which threw me off. I know I also have a habit of under-eating / not desiring food enough (which always makes it hard to resist munch foods).

So I was thinking about what you said with the vitamins requiring long-term and consistent uptake in order to keep my health (I won't feel better eating vitamins 1 day after being deficient for a while), and that munch food will in fact make you feel worse right away (am I interpreting you right?)

So it's likely that I felt really good because of the lack of much foods. I also noticed that I didn't have bags under my eyes, or dry eyes. My eyes have been dry and red for years, and I've always had bags, even as a kid. So maybe the 100% strict diet will cause that (and actually that's been the case the other times I've gone 100% strict. The first time when I did the two weeks was amazing, but then I happened to break out in hives; nothing to do with the diet, but at the time I thought otherwise).

Strange, my only munch food is 1/3 cup of rice (making one cups after cooking with 2/3 cup water), and 2 sliced up tomatoes warmed up in olive oil. It's annoying that that little bit of munch food is enough to do that to me.

The other thing is that I'm super nervous about my tooth (the chip in it). I'm going to see a dentist, but I'm worried about my juice uptake in the mean time. I've taken white sugar completely out of my diet, but I'm afraid of the acids and sugars in juice. Does olive oil help at all in that regard? Eating more animal food? What foods specifically could I add to my diet to help protect my tooth? Should I make sure to brush it harder/softer? I'm afraid of pulling out more tooth while brushing. Should I drink water after juice to rinse my mouth out? Is eating oranges worse for teeth than sipping juice? (Maybe some of these are Oscar questions). I'm kindof tempted to up my vegetable intake, or animal food and use protein for energy, in order to reduce my sugar / acid until I figure out the tooth issue. I know that those are both bad ideas for general health, but I'm willing to temporarily compromise my general health in order to ensure my tooth doesn't fall out.

Oh, and overkees, I've tried dried fruits before, they give me huge toothaches, and I imagine are not very good for teeth (based on the pain they gave, and that it seems like chewing on sugar).

Thanks so much for your help.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I'm also wondering, as far as beef goes, there are more expensive and less expensive cuts. There's a huge difference in the cheaper cuts, which means I can eat more of it (or eat the same amount and put my savings toward avocados), but the thing is they're really hard to chew, and I end up swallowing bites without them being fully chewed.

Should I get the better cuts, or is it OK?
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

So I saw the dentist yesterday for a checkup, and I have 4 cavities in my 4 front teeth (he only had time to check those 4; I'll see him again tomorrow). He says that's very unusual, but understandable considering I have Sjögren's and am on a high fruit diet.

I didn't think about this while I was with him, but I'm considering getting caps, maybe for my front 10 teeth. I'm not sure what the cost will be, but at least a few thousand, but from what I've read they're more or less permanent, protect your teeth, and look really good.

One issue is that I was wanting to travel, but I guess I better have this done first, and it may take a while. I don't think it would be a good idea to get this kind of procedure done in another country.

I'm also considering having a dental student do the procedure, as it would cost about 60% of the regular price. In the mean time I've been getting more calories from yolk, beef, fish, avocados, olive oil, and tomatoes, hoping that is easier on my teeth.
Mr. PC

Post by Mr. PC »

I saw the dentist again today, had my cavities filled (4 top front), and bought a daily Fluoride rinse. I'm not looking forward to the rinses because my body has a *very* strong aversion to fluoride.

What I've been told is that the bacteria in your mouth grows depending on how long carbs are in your mouth, as apposed to how many carbs you eat. The problem with the wai diet is that we constantly have sugar coming into our mouths. Today I actually tried to stagger my sugar intake, having more at once, and my body will only allow me to drink so much OJ at a time. I'm not gonna fight my body there because obviously it knows what it's doing, so I'm thinking more animal foods (protein as energy) / avocados may be an option (I know protein as energy is bad, but I need to think about my teeth).
I could also try eating bigger rice / tomato / OO meals, which have a lot of OO in them, and get some energy.

Or maybe it'll be enough to cut white sugar from my diet, increase OO / avocados, eat a little more animal food but not for the calories, and do my Fluoride Rinse [gag] every night.

I have somewhat of an aversion to coconut oil; I think I developed it when I was eating fruit shakes, in which I included raw honey and coconut oil. They made me sick, and now I have an aversion both to honey and coconut oil, although I know I was fine with coconut oil before that. Would having a little of it each night remove the aversion?

Similarly, I think my fluoride aversion is from a time I swallowed it at the dentists and got sick. I of course have no intention of swallowing any, but I wonder if swishing with it each day will remove the aversion. I asked the pharmacist if it would be ok to use it last thing before bed, and she said it would be ok. I asked about rinsing it out, she said it's not suppose to be rinsed, and I mentioned my fear of swallowing any. She said the amount swallowed is negligible; I don't really trust her on that one, but what do you guys think? Maybe I should take it at a different time during the day, and then rinse it out after an hour, although that would be a lot more inconvenient, and maybe I'd end up swallowing it just as much, especially if I end up eating after an hour with some still in my mouth.