Aytundra's Diary (not Wai diet)

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Aytundra
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Re: Aytundra's Diary (not Wai diet)

Post by Aytundra »

panacea wrote:what is your exercise regimen?
No exercise, no regimen, just strategic timed walking.

I run as fast as I can for 20 seconds, walk 10 seconds, repeat 10 times, (and walk until I reach: bus stop, mall, or supermarket.)
method modified & inspired by HIIT Tabata-Gibala method.
{Walking speed and power feels stronger the next day.}
{If I get a chance to swim, skate or bike, I do this method too, just as a quick method to bring all my muscles up to par.}
panacea wrote:do you mention it earlier?
I also usually (this past 3 months) wake up and run through as much of me anatomically as I can, making sure all muscles feel relaxed and ready for the day, by relaxing and flexing muscles and positioning my posture by imagining the correct positions. Based on exercises from that dance book by Franklin with AT method, that I said earlier: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3558&start=240
panacea wrote:I don't think you should expect pimple-free skin if you dont get exercise, unless you eat perfectly which is extremely hard to do without exercise because they both work together to make you healthier and then crave healthier food
Crave are theoretical curiosities, ideas of junk food tempt me, but hunger of an empty stomach too near junk foods = death of me (me = raw aytundra).
Exercise will increase hunger, the need for calories, it will not help me discriminate between healthy or junk calories.
Having healthier foods in hand reaching proximity post-exercise = better strategy.
panacea wrote:after all, what you really want is a body that can better digest all foods, have better oxygen transport and better chemical reactions (from vibrations in exercise for example), so that all your organs (brain too) function better
Disagrees,
1) Vibrations increasing digestion vs.
2) Aerobic Exercise increasing circulation; hence increasing the rate of blood flow and delivery of chemicals.
3) Exercise inducing serotonin production in the brain, so brain feels better.
are three different distinct ideas.

Regarding digestion the Correct sentence should be: "I want proper foods that can be better digested by the body."
Not trying to train the body to "better digest all foods"; if I had wanted to keep better digestion for "all" foods, including foods with both nutrients and greater volumes of anti-nutrients; if I wanted that, I would have kept a weekly junk food day to better digest all wheat dairy spicy foods.

I think better digestion is about surface area, juice reaches intestine surfaces more easily than a cylindrical pulp mass of foods. Absorption of nutrients are limited by contact with surface area of digestive tract. I don't think digestion needs exercise. Strictly speaking digestion is all about the molecular up-take of food. External exercise does not do much "during digestion" to increase digestion. Instead exercise during and post eating is not recommended, as the energy is concentrated on the stomach and intestines to use for digestion, plus to avoid the possible risk of solid foods trapped in the appendix. Hence, I don't believe in "excessive externally induced vibration"* during digestion.
*excessive vibrations such as aerobic exercise while you eat or immediately after eating.
Exercise before eating is fine in my opinion. {and it may increase the rate of blood circulation of nutrients absorbed into the blood stream.}
A tundra where will we be without trees? Thannnks!
panacea

Post by panacea »

I used to feel the same way about not being around junk food and always having healthy food on hand, because logically it makes sense. My own experience however it took years for me to learn that I can only resist junk food if I give my body everything it desires with healthy food. For the first time today, I was at work, hundreds of miles away from my home (healthy food), thirsty and starving, and eating at one of my old favorite fast food restaurants (my coworkers insisted). All I ordered was a grilled chicken piece of meat by itself (it usually comes on a sandwhich) and I ate nothing else, drank nothing else. I had no desire to eat that piece of chicken, I did it solely to fit in. As I ate it, I was daydreaming and wishing I was at home drinking my OJ (I had no desire for meat at the time, as I needed water+oj not cooked meat). Granted, I eat cooked ham/turkey at home anyway so it didn't screw up my diet too bad, but there was definitely a difference in that fast food grilled chicken quality than the type of meat I eat at home (I didn't enjoy it to say the least). I also had a drink of gatorade since I was sweating a lot today and water won't replace electrolytes (and I did like the taste of that, although not compared to the OJ I was craving). To put this into a nut shell, I was craving the healthy foods I should have been eating, I didn't feel terrible after "cheating" because I wasn't giving in, I had very little choice and I had nothing to "resist". In my opinion therefore, it's wrong to go cold turkey from "poor diet" to "perfect diet" as it's obviously too hard for my body to digest all raw foods (like raw yolk/beef) as it doesn't crave it yet. I know for a fact some people can crave it, especially very athletic/healthy people, probably because their body can easily digest such foods. But to get there, you need not only good intermediate diets, but also good intermediate exercise routines.

About digestion of all foods, what I was getting at was you want a better functioning body, in all areas. Soft diets like OJ+yolks aren't always good - the juicey consistency makes it very easy for the food left over after digestion to coat the intestinal walls rather than form proper bowel movement sausages, which can build up and toxify you. Healthy people don't need to worry about this as vibrations from exercise, better chemical reactions, and stronger peristalsis and villi practically cure this effect even with soft diets (RRM is an example), but the point is that a healthy body can do more things better than an unhealthy body, so the healthier of a body you make the easier any diet you want to do will be on your digestion, brain, mood, etc.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

panacea wrote:...Soft diets like OJ+yolks aren't always good - the juicey consistency makes it very easy for the food left over after digestion to coat the intestinal walls rather than form proper bowel movement sausages, which can build up and toxify you.
Hmm you have a really good point there.
I have not thought about this angle, the idea of "soft diets coating the intestinal walls"; but I did notice:
1) When I eat yolks solo as the last item before sleep, I usually wake up with white tongue; but it just could be b/c I didn't brush my tongue before sleep.
2) When I drank oj + yolk mixtures, white residuals on glass jar.*

If you are right that the OJ+yolks drink will coat intestinal walls, and that it may leave a residual;
then that might be a reconsideration for the fiber debate. {Takes her ship back to the stormy sea of debate.}
-----
* Currently, I have been taking apart my oj mixture of oranges + yolk + sugar + oil because:
a) It was easier on cleaning, the large glass 1 L jar I used had transparent white fat grease like residuals clinging to the wall (probably from yolks).
b) I was losing hair***; so I read up on biotin, and biotin is sensitive to acid; yolks contain biotin, so now I take yolks separately from oj to optimize uptake of biotin; currently I drink OJ than eat yolks; reason: I think oj's acid will decrease stomach acid production, hence yolks will have a lower pH to fall on in the stomach. For this reason I have also avoided eating egg whites (avidin) in the past week.
c) sugar debate; but I have ended that storm, I am keeping 12 tbsp sugar/day because I feel better with calories.

Hair
*** I was shedding more hair in Sept; I have really long hair, such that if I shed a few strands more, the hair that collects at the drain, and looks like a bigger clump;
Aug, I used Iris' method: vinegar + yolk, did not like vinegar smell, but scalp felt clean, and hair was really shiny and slightly wavy.
Sept, I went back to regular shampoo + conditioner for convenience, that might have messed up my scalp.
Oct, both, but I find the shampoo + conditioner smell really irritating, acidic and artificial now.
Iris' method helped with dandruff actually so I might switch back to Aug version on hair.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

Errors:
October 10, 2014 should have (8.5.50)
October 11, 2014 "No Cold Turkey!" should be October 12, 2014 "No Cold Turkey!"
--------

October 13, 2014 "Waffling"
4 tbsp sugar 250ml water
1 avocado + 1 apple
1 bite of waffle (wheat, butter, milk, eggs, sugar + heat) {Tasted rubbery, I forgot how to make waffle batter, I think it was a pancake batter.}
2 yolks, 4 tbsp sugar 250ml water
1 avocado + 1 apple
4 tbsp sugar 250ml water, 50g salmon*
600ml oj = 6 small + 2 large orange
1:40-9:45 sleep
---
* "your fish looks raw inside." - Pointed eyebrow raised look from Others; I sat at the table this time.
'yes, I know', takes fork and continues eating an apricot sized small piece of warm flaky fish with mildly raw interiors.
{As if they have not tried sushi!}

--------
October 14, 2014 "Zero Oranges & Tomatoes" (8.6.51)
12:45 4tbsp sugar + 250ml water
13:00 1 avocado + 1 apple
14:00 50g salmon, 2 yolks + 4tbsp sugar
16:00 1 banana, 4tbsp sugar 250ml water
22:00 2 avocado, 2 apple, 2 banana, 10-15 grapes
23:00 4tbsp sugar 250ml water
12:50-9:25 sleep
- no pimples from yesterday's junk.
---
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Aytundra wrote:If you are right that the OJ+yolks drink will coat intestinal wall
The only thing that may coat the intestinal wall is that what cannot be digested properly (bad fats, hard-to-degrade proteins, etc)
Consuming yolks before bed may leave a coating on your tongue because of the phospholipids,
which are not digested in the mouth (unlike starch).
Phospholipids are perfectly digested by the intestines though.
panacea

Post by panacea »

has anyone ever consumed only egg yolks and sieved orange juice (absolutely nothing else unless juice/water) for at least 2 weeks and had bowel movements? Otherwise, any bowel movements could simply be leftovers from the before-diet.

I'd be interested to know if you can even form "normal" bowel movements on such a diet, and if not, what else could be happening to the waste besides being left in the intestines somewhere (whether coated on the walls or not)?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

panacea wrote:has anyone ever consumed only egg yolks and sieved orange juice (absolutely nothing else unless juice/water) for at least 2 weeks and had bowel movements?
Initially, i have experimented with various Wai versions, including that one, for months,
and i always had proper bowel movements, on any version.
Its just that there is much less to discard (fiber, connective tissue), so that the volume is much smaller.
what else could be happening to the waste besides being left in the intestines somewhere
The waste is discarded.
But on egg yolks and sieved OJ there is just very little waste.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

October 15, 2014 "Raw Propeller Clams"
9:45 1 banana, 800ml oj
1 banana, 1 avocado, 3 apples
+ soft poo {probably all the fiber from Oct 14}
1 banana
4 tbsp sugar 250ml water
19:00 6-8 pieces of raw propeller clams.
23:30 4tbsp sugar 250ml water
01:20 -9:20 sleep
-----
October 16, 2014 "Banana, Clams, Sugar, Water & Grapes" + a grape experiment
12:00 1 banana, 6-8 pieces of raw propeller clams.
13:00 1 banana, 50 red seedless grapes peeled, 1 banana
17:00 3 tbsp sugar 250ml water
21:45 1 banana, 200 red seedless grapes peeled
24:00 - ??? Sleep
---
Aytundra wrote:July 27, 2014 (Day 5) 2 peaches| 2 peaches| 1 orange, 1 tomato, 2 peaches, 1 banana, 125 raisins
Remember those 125 raisins that gave me a horrible toothache? {I am not convinced that grapes are bad. I think it has to do with the "peels".}
200 red seedless grapes "peeled" today. (+ 50 in the afternoon), Let's see what happens tomorrow.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Aytundra wrote:I think it has to do with the "peels".
Yep. Dried means relatively lots of fiber content.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

October 17, 2014
9:05 wake
9:15 1 banana
17:00 1 banana, 75 grapes
20:00 1 banana, 3 pieces of raw propeller clams, 85 grapes
20:30 100 grapes
---
Aytundra wrote:Let's see what happens tomorrow.
No toothache from fresh 'peeled' grapes! :)
All good experiments should be repeated, tries another 250+ fresh peeled grapes today.
[Aside] My skin looks pretty good today, no pimples, smooth, shiny, from Oct 16's foods.
Oscar wrote:
Sure Sherlock it could be fibers,
but I made sure I ate much fiber, I did not juice bananas or grapes, I ate much banana and grape fibers;
I also made sure this experiment had much sugar, I had much sugary fruits: banana, grapes; + sugar.
I upped my intake of bananas yesterday, new record 4 bananas;

Rules out excessive fibers and sugars as the cause to July 23's foods causing toothache.
Aytundra wrote: July 27, 2014 (Day 5) 2 peaches| 2 peaches| 1 orange, 1 tomato, 2 peaches, 1 banana, 125 raisins
The other culprit could be peaches.
Aytundra wrote: September 5, 2014 (3.10.26) 4 tomatoes | 8-12 egg whites | 100g wild salmon 3 peaches | 27 raisins| 1 peach |1 peach
But I had 5 peaches one time, and I did not note anything happening.

Me thinks it is something else in the peels.
Retrieves clue:
Aytundra wrote:- Raisin water tasted mildly bitter (reminds me of tea).viewtopic.php?f=23&t=3558&start=165
Tentatively ponders on eating grapes with peels tomorrow.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Aytundra wrote:Sure Sherlock it could be fibers...
Oops, for some reason I thought you were talking about belly ache, not toothache...my mistake!
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

October 17, 2014
00:00-9:10 wake
no pimples, someone said it looks so shiny, but that I should watch out about how I am eating and stop if I encounter problems.
9:25 4tbsp sugar 250ml water
18:00 4tbsp sugar 250ml water
18:30 4tbsp sugar 250ml water
19:00 1L oj = 8 large oranges, as usual seived, so no fibers or seeds.
20:30 2 yolks
22:00 156 red seedless grapes "with peels", washed 3 times in cold water over 1 min.
---
dime

Post by dime »

Oscar wrote:
Relative to volume (not calories), so this relativity doesn't translate into some meaningful difference in the amount of fiber you'd eat whether it's dried or not.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dime wrote:
Oscar wrote:
Relative to volume (not calories), so this relativity doesn't translate into some meaningful difference in the amount of fiber you'd eat whether it's dried or not.
But it may.
Sure, not so when you eat the same number of grapes or raisins, but that may often not be the case in practise.
Many people eat according to 'what their stomach tells them'; "my stomach is empty, so i have to eat something".
One may eat more raisins than grapes in one sitting, simply because all the water in grapes fills up your stomach more readily.
And yes, of course you will be hungry for energy sooner (after eating the fewer grapes),
but that next meal may be a bar of chocolate (or sieved OJ with sugar) since you may now be craving energy.
So, in that case, the chocolate + grapes may contain the same amount of energy but less fiber than the raisins.
Aytundra

Post by Aytundra »

RRM wrote:
dime wrote:
Oscar wrote:
But it may.
Sure, not so when you eat the same number of grapes or raisins, but that may often not be the case in practise.
Many people eat according to 'what their stomach tells them'; "my stomach is empty, so i have to eat something".
One may eat more raisins than grapes in one sitting, simply because all the water in grapes fills up your stomach more readily.
And yes, of course you will be hungry for energy sooner (after eating the fewer grapes),
but that next meal may be a bar of chocolate (or sieved OJ with sugar) since you may now be craving energy.
So, in that case, the chocolate + grapes may contain the same amount of energy but less fiber than the raisins.
I think this is each of your stance:
Oscar wants to say: dried = more fiber content {but more fiber content in what context? (for the belly as per Sherlock?)}
Dime wants to say: it is not dried or fresh, more fiber content is relative to volume not calories.
RRM wants to say: it is about dried, as more fiber content is relative to calories.

Aytundra thinks:
The adjectives "dried, fresh, volume, and calories" do not affect the fiber content of foods.
The adjectives "dried, fresh, volume, and calories" do not affect the fiber intake of a person.
The adjective "fiber" does affect a person's intake of "dried, fresh, volume, and calories" foods.

I can eat chocolate + seived oj + sugar + fresh seaweed (fresh fiber without calories)
I can eat chocolate + seived oj + water + raisins (dried fiber with calories)
I can eat chocolate + seived oj + sugar + water + dried seaweed (dried fiber without calories)
I can eat chocolate + seived oj + whole grapes with peels (fresh fiber with calories)
--> I can probably end up with a similar weight of fiber contents at the end of the day.

But if I ate:
fresh seaweed (fresh fiber without calories) + chocolate + seived oj + sugar
raisins (dried fiber with calories) + chocolate + seived oj + water
dried seaweed (dried fiber without calories) + chocolate + seived oj + sugar + water
whole grapes with peels (fresh fiber with calories) + chocolate + seived oj
--> I would probably have different amounts of chocolate, seived oj, sugar, and water to finish off my day.