Marty's Diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
Marty
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Marty's Diary

Post by Marty »

The diet has worked very well for me since summer 2005-- I have adjusted the Strict/Sample Diet within allowed guidelines:

Daily Diet:
* Calories/day: 3000 (for 1.66m tall/51 kg body); no particular exercise other than an amateur ballet class;

* Fruit: Mostly as juice (from specifically chosen fruits along guidelines listed described below; these include cherries, starfruit, kiwifruit, grapes and raisins)

* 1 kg salmon/month and 3-7 egg yolks/day; small amounts of Brazil nuts or other sashimi such as mackerel or sea urchin roe

* Sugar to fat ratios as advised (2:1 by gram weight) in the Strict/Sample Diet; with no foods outside the sample diet at all.

* Sugars very much adjusted for personal tolerance:
1) Sucrose is difficult for me to digest, though it is becoming easier to do so (I do not add white table sugar to juice, and avoid fruits with significant sucrose content naturally, including banana, mandarin, durian, and mango-- at times also tomatoes, as their sugar content, albeit low, is primarily sucrose); and

2) Some low-sucrose fruit juices are difficult to digest-- again, for my body particularly-- if their fructose proportion is greater than glucose. That is: apple and pear juices are hard to digest, while grape juice is very, very easy, as it contains equal proportions of the monosaccharides glucose and fructose, both simple sugars that are very easy to absorb just as is, but almost no sucrose, which is a disaccharide that the intestinal wall must help to break down (unripe fruits may feature starches as well that are not yet sugars: these are polysaccharides, which have the same lower colon need to be broken down).

In this way, I add only pure fructose + glucose in equal proportions, or honey, which is composed of the same, to all juices.

You must really listen to the body--

The real body, which is not at all what we are used to, will seem at last to be very relaxed and neither heavy nor bound by a mental image at all--- more like a transparent, elastic system that allows one to feel vital and at ease, and full of sensation, always.

Most nutrition dogma must be discarded in order to follow the Wai guidelines in the first place; but they are perfectly compatible with one's own observation of the body. The body will, with the proper orientation, become an object of great subtlety and sensation; a doorway, perhaps, to really sensing how your energy is orchestrated.

Sometimes you have a glimpse of this while the body is in difficulty, and it provides the felt sense of what might be. This is true grace: when it happens and you have a taste of the sensation, you have not become so ill yet that the body might never return to its natural feeling.... And it is also grace in any sense, because it helps you find out what you are, and how the body stands in relation to that.
Last edited by Marty on Sat 10 Feb 2007 16:41, edited 4 times in total.
Marty

fat and sugar

Post by Marty »

An update--- Like another poster (Claireelis) in this section, I have in the past--- and sometimes still do-- split fat and sugar intake entirely, not mixing major sources of fat and sugar within a meal.

It worked very well for me in treating candida in the past, a preexisting condition I had when beginning the diet. The high candida in the body was secondary to parasitosis, I was told, and the splitting of fat and sugar intake is recommended by some to treat candida. In my case, it seemed that the effectiveness had much to do with monitoring sugar intake-- I 'tasted' the sweetness of sugar as energy, and consumed too much energy when I had juice + oil (it tastes differently with oil, as if one is not drinking in enough sugar, and somehow this effect becomes very magnified to still not very sensitive tastes-- the oil seems to greatly dilute sweetness, even if it is added in exactly the amounts advised). I simply could not align what I was drinking with what I was using energywise, and often probably had very high blood sugar levels from overconsuming sugars in any given 'sip.'

Now at times I prefer to split off fat and sugar intake for this reason, to bring myself back to knowing what amount of juice to take. Perhaps this works for me (as D. Graham, the proponent of this for candida, has it) for his theoretical reasons as well as mine; I cannot evaluate his-- see http://www.foodnsport.com/joomla/index. ... &Itemid=65

It does seem I was so unskillful at listening to the body that my body's intolerance of sucrose even was connected to this....
For me, even now, it seems like caloric consumption is a very linear, one-way street, or else I have problems. In other words, I am used to how fructose and glucose are metabolized, and the timing of when their energy is yielded, and take everything on as 'as-needed' basis, in juice form, but adding more complex sugars or starches adds many factors to this timing, and I believe leads to high blood sugar. The way I eat now, nearly every sugar goes directly to current energy needs in an equally-spaced fashion. I drink juice throughout the day without oil at such times; eat mostly fish and some egg yolks later, and take oil latest at night after the fish. I am not diabetic, but perhaps there is some difficulty in the insulin functioning in my body...or my sensing of it.

The thing I will say again is that it is amazing that it's in listening that one notices these things... and that the Sample/Strict Diet seems to provide a crystal-clear way of looking and listening. The fact that it works so well, perhaps (as in my case, as I am only mildly prone to acne and cellulite) is in part in testament to its being the human body's natural diet. When one can listen so well, and find so many things to respond to without being caught in a spiral of standard medical thought that seems to trade one symptom for another, one can almost by induction realize that this may have something to do with the general guidelines of the diet. The inspiration from reading of RRM and Wai's methods is also there, to be sure-- the spirit of the researches-- but the result is just as noteworthy as their great process, which indeed many of us can relate to, having tried as they did to understand the body. In the end, such research is a pleasure, undertaken for its own reasons: we can hardly stop, in a way, as we are called to find our own real health.

So it is in the Sample/Strict Diet's overall guidelines-- not the particulars of what types of fruits you eat, or if you eat an avocado/cucumber/tomato salad in just the way its authors do-- that one finds its astonishing nature. It seems to have the right foundation, in other words-- and within its guidelines, one can find excellent applications of the diet to one's own particular illness or sensitivity.
Last edited by Marty on Sat 10 Feb 2007 16:26, edited 2 times in total.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Great post, thanks! :D
avalon

Post by avalon »

Marty wrote:
So it is in the Sample/Strict Diet's overall guidelines-- not the particulars of what types of fruits you eat, or if you eat an avocado/cucumber/tomato salad in just the way its authors do-- that one finds its astonishing nature. It seems to have the right foundation, in other words-- and within its guidelines, one can find excellent applications of the diet to one's own particular illness or sensitivity.
I agree with this also, Marty. It brings together the Idealislistic Fruitarian and marries it with the most nobel protein and vitamin sources on earth, the Egg- extending to Fish for protein and oils, then Nuts. I admire this foundation.

Mother Earth Foods, All.
Marty

Wai diet

Post by Marty »

glad you liked it.... :)
My body appreciates the fact that this diet works with the body, even though the theory is certainly there too.

There was an earlier thread that touched on the Doug Graham idea of splitting fat and sugar intake; I include it here: http://www.waitalk.com/viewtopic.php?t=977

When I ate polysaccharides like starch or disaccharides like sucrose that I could not break down for use/absorption, there was constant hunger....food in the body, but no use for it.

So it's been astonishing to be able to 'use' everything that I consume now. There are two things: eating a sugar I can use; and eating the right amount, sensing then that it will be utilized. In other words, I may eat a lot of sucrose but it will essentially wasted and be undigested. With all of this now adjusted and consumed properly, and when I then eat sugars with very little fat, or split off from fat, for a few days, I understand better what I use. And soon of course I get cravings for more fat, which I then add back in with the sugars (fruit) exactly as the Sample/Strict Diet prescribes. It worked for candida; it works for energy management: so I do feel candida is about energy management/calibration of sugar levels, as RRM does. I started this diet for various reasons; it was not primarily about acne and cellulite relief; it is amazing that it depends on such careful observation of the body, and such a sense of what the body is really suited for, that it may help other ailments, like digestive ones. It has been really a boon to me in helping me observe the body. We do not choose illness, and sometimes illness happens anyway....but we find the proper role of the body in our life by observing it, in any case.