For (hypoglycemic) me: Wai Diet+The Warrior Diet

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
RedBird27
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

For (hypoglycemic) me: Wai Diet+The Warrior Diet

Post by RedBird27 »

Well, I really enjoy mixing my diet up and seeing what happens. How I feel, and what makes me perform the most efficiently. I know now that raw food is the best and truly live by the wai principles, but I was really interested in the warrior diet after reading a little about it.

The reason I started to get enticed by the warrior diet is that I have read alot of good things in terms of dealing with reactive hypoglycemia. I suffer from this I truly believe largest problem in terms of dealing with my acne.

I'm not fat. I really never ate piss poorly. But I just suffer from blood sugar crashes from sugary fruits, starch, and really more than 10-15grams of carbohydrates in a meal. It was so frustrating to deal with during the day that I decided to incorporate the wai diet with the warrior diet to deal with two birds with one stone. That being acne and "hypo."

The reason I'm sharing this is because I really do feel pretty good during the day. Can think clearly, digestion is OK, mood is stable, can go to the gym with no problems, and hunger is sometimes there, but not to bad. If I need to eat, I have some shelled nuts. I just want to here from others what might be the long-term health implications that might become of this. Or, if it is OK to do.

My food log looks like this:

5am till Noon- Volvic water

Noon till around 10-11pm- 15 Shelled Brazil nuts and raw unprocessed honey crushed into a granola like thing and just eat a little when my stomach says to.

10-11pm then sleep- eat in this order- 8 whole eggs, 4 avocados, 5 tablespoons of Coconut oil, 1 cantaloupe, and a little bit of raw/unprocessed honey.

Then I sleep like an f'in rock! don't move once through the night. Sounds crazy but it really does make me feel better. Took a little adjusting to but for those of you who have serious insulin release problems give this a try, it might work for you too. RRM just tell me what you think.
Seth

Re: Wai Diet+The Warrior Diet

Post by Seth »

RedBird27 wrote:
The reason I started to get enticed by the warrior diet is that I have read alot of good things in terms of dealing with reactive hypoglycemia. I suffer from this I truly believe largest problem in terms of dealing with my acne.
How many calories does your diet amount to in total per day? How long ahve you been on it and have you noticed any dramatic differences in your acne?
RedBird27

Post by RedBird27 »

I kind of screwed up my food log. I usually don't eat anything until the nightime. If I have to... some cantaloupe, or shelled brazil nuts or sometimes walnuts (easier to find). But if I don't eat the nuts during the day, I eat them about an hour after the eggs to get the nutrients.

4 avocados
8 whole eggs sometimes salmon but haven't been eating like this long
5 tablespoons of EVCO
2 tablespoons of Raw Unprocessed Honey (very important that it is the thick tan/white kind, not the clear amber color.)
1 whole cantaloupe
15 Brazil Nuts/Walnuts
Around a liter of water (volvic)

Total Calories: 3101

Fat: 255grams 2299 calories 74%
Sat: 92grams 831 calories 27%
Poly: 49grams 445 calories 14%
Mono: 91grams 820 calories 26%

Carbs: 167grams 487 calories 16%
Fiber: 45grams 0 0%

Protein: 80grams 320calories 10%

As long as I dont eat any amounts of high GI fruits or sugar in general I remain pretty clear (probably just a little to much protein). I do better when I don't eat anything through the day, and just have water in terms of acne and skin, but a few really little spots don' t cripple me. What I have done when I get too many spots and want them to heal is sit in the sun a little bit and they dry up quicker and blend in. I just try to keep my blood glucose on the low side of normal, and keep it as stable as possible for the longest period of time.
Seth

Post by Seth »

RedBird27 wrote: Total Calories: 3101

Fat: 255grams 2299 calories 74%
Sat: 92grams 831 calories 27%
Poly: 49grams 445 calories 14%
Mono: 91grams 820 calories 26%

Carbs: 167grams 487 calories 16%
Fiber: 45grams 0 0%

Protein: 80grams 320calories 10%
What is EVCO? Only 167 grams of Carbs? Wow, I don't think my body would handle such a low level. If I go more than two-three hours without carbs I get very grouchy. I wonder what kind of ratio you have going between Omega 3's and 6's with so much fat being taken in.
RedBird27

Post by RedBird27 »

Seth wrote:If I go more than two-three hours without carbs I get very grouchy
As did I. It was a never ending struggle. I would drink some OJ with oil and sugar, then get the shakes. I kept trying to drink small sips every 20 minutes or so, but it just got bad. My eyes would get bloodshot, and I could just feel my body not working optimally. Over the last two weeks or so, I don't experience that.

In addition, I don't have to think about food all day, besides a couple nuts here and there. Then just one big meal. Great for someone who does not get home till 9pm. The one big meal that takes 2-3 hours sometime to eat. Hey, it might not work for anyone but I kinda like it.

Seth wrote:I wonder what kind of ratio you have going between Omega 3's and 6's with so much fat
This does not make sense.. I eat all fats listed on the Wai site in there raw state. Why would my ratio be any different then yours? Abundance does not alter a ratio.

EVCO=Extra virgin coconut oil
Seth

Post by Seth »

RedBird27 wrote:
Seth wrote:If I go more than two-three hours without carbs I get very grouchy
As did I. It was a never ending struggle. I would drink some OJ with oil and sugar, then get the shakes. I kept trying to drink small sips every 20 minutes or so, but it just got bad. My eyes would get bloodshot, and I could just feel my body not working optimally. Over the last two weeks or so, I don't experience that.
Did you notice any loss of muscle mass/a big drop in weight?
redbird27 wrote:This does not make sense.. I eat all fats listed on the Wai site in there raw state. Why would my ratio be any different then yours? Abundance does not alter a ratio.

EVCO=Extra virgin coconut oil
I was not implying that the amount alters a ratio. I was more surprised at the percentage of fat versus other calories is all. My question regarding the ratio is one only because I didn't recall any mention of eggs or fish, which makes getting Omega 3's difficult, unless I am mistaken which is certainly possible. It doesn't seem there is much agreement on the exact ratio one should take between O 6's and O 3's. Some say 1:1 some 1:3, etc... I suppose like anything else it may vary from one person to another.

I have recently begun experimenting with taking Cod Liver Oil to supplement O 3's since I am no longer eating 5 eggs on a daily basis (or fish all that often.)
avo

Post by avo »

How do you force yourself to eat that big of a meal in one sitting?
Seth

Post by Seth »

avo wrote:How do you force yourself to eat that big of a meal in one sitting?
One bite at time, I hope. :D (Couldn't resist, sorry)
RedBird27

Post by RedBird27 »

Seth wrote:Did you notice any loss of muscle mass/a big drop in weight?
None that I can see right now. I still workout, and my protein intake is actually a little higher than it was before.

I've read RRM and Wai's material enough to understand the fact that when energy is not avalible through food, the body uses muscle for energy. Although, supposedly with this diet the intermentant fasting through the day (around 16-18 hours) becomes the everyday norm and your body just adapts. I guess we will see about that, because if I start to shrivil up, I will quit extremely fast.

Seth wrote:I was not implying that the amount alters a ratio. I was more surprised at the percentage of fat versus other calories is all.
I use the nutrient calculator to make sure I get everything that I need always, I just seem to do better with lots of raw fat.

Seth wrote:My question regarding the ratio is one only because I didn't recall any mention of eggs or fish, which makes getting Omega 3's difficult, unless I am mistaken which is certainly possible.
Look at my original posts they both state that I eat eggs. I very much eat wai foods, I just don't constantly eat.
Seth wrote:It doesn't seem there is much agreement on the exact ratio one should take between O 6's and O 3's. Some say 1:1 some 1:3, etc... I suppose like anything else it may vary from one person to another.
"The omega 3 fats combined need to comprise at least 1 to 1.5% of our daily fat intake.So, there is NO way that you can absorb too little omega 3 fats while consuming lots of fruits and some fresh raw fish or egg yolks."

http://www.3.waisays.com/omega3.htm
Seth wrote:I have recently begun experimenting with taking Cod Liver Oil to supplement O 3's since I am no longer eating 5 eggs on a daily basis (or fish all that often.)
I believe that all cod liver oil is heated in some form or another. Heat needs to be applied to get the oil out of the liver of the fish. If you get acne you might have a problem with that.

avo wrote:How do you force yourself to eat that big of a meal in one sitting?
I have a massive appetite. I used to eat 50oz porterhouse steaks with my brother and wonder what the big deal was. One thing I can do is eat alot of food in one sitting.

I start with the eggs, just crack them into a cup and pound them back, relax for a little bit. Then mix up the avocados, Coconut oil, and some crushed up nuts then relax and eat that up. Then till I fall asleep I eat the melon. Usually pretty full after that, but if you don't eat all day, Im telling you that come nighttime you will be ready to eat...

RRM, I am really looking forward to you putting me in my place. But I really do enjoy this type of eating. It just is so simple and feels so right.
Seth

Post by Seth »

Seth wrote:
RedBird27 wrote:I have recently begun experimenting with taking Cod Liver Oil to supplement O 3's since I am no longer eating 5 eggs on a daily basis (or fish all that often.)
I believe that all cod liver oil is heated in some form or another. Heat needs to be applied to get the oil out of the liver of the fish. If you get acne you might have a problem with that.
That's not correct. I did research on this and while some CLO is heated (like other fats), there are brands like Carlson's which are not and are cold pressed.
RRM
Administrator

Re: For (hypoglycemic) me: Wai Diet+The Warrior Diet

Post by RRM »

Since your diet is very much high-fat, and very low carb and also low protein, there is much less harm in eating big meals.
On such a high-fat diet with eating so much in one sitting, there is a lot of storing and subsequently utilizing of bodyfat on a daily basis. This makes it easy to gain fat and / or loose muscle weight, as the link between eating and energy requirement is much more unclear; its hard to eat according your energy needs with such a diet.
Maybe, because of your medical condition (have you had your insulin release checked?) you have no choice but relying on fat, but its not easy.
RedBird27 wrote:Noon till around 10-11pm- 15 Shelled Brazil nuts
Have you tried not eating nuts for 1 or 2 weeks? (it just for this short period of time, and then you will know)
For some thats what it takes to get completely clear. I know, the Brazil nuts are important in your version of the diet, but its just to find out.
Last edited by RRM on Thu 12 Apr 2007 19:21, edited 1 time in total.
RedBird27

Post by RedBird27 »

My acne is really mild as long as I just eat the foods that are OK in the diet, it is more about the way I feel in terms of energy. Since starting this way of eating, I can think clearly all day, then I just consume mass quantities of food at night and pass out then when I wake up I feel fine.
avalon

Post by avalon »

I just had to stop an Intermittent Fasting experiment, every other day fasting, due to constipation problems :shock: However I found by the third alternate fasting day, I had no hunger pangs and was eagerly looking forward to it.

My question is with avocados. I love avocados but have the absolute worst time with ripening them. Meaning, I ususally don't eat more than one a day, most likely half a day. I try to buy several at different stages of ripeness so I can space them out over the days, but it's not easy. In fact ist's so not easy, I generally only buy one, occasionally.

Any avo tips? I've thought of just making up a big batch ot guacamole :D
RedBird27

Post by RedBird27 »

Couple of tips

If you feel like being a real pain in the ass, tell the produce worker that all the avocados in the basket are over ripe or that none of them are good and see if they will stock up the shelf. Then you can choose from a bunch and pick the best ones.

I have a store that is 1 second from my house so I buy the avocados everyday therefore, I don't worry about buying them unripe. makes planning much easier, and only takes a second to go in, everyone knows me in the store so they know that i'm a good customer and they do whatever I want.

I don't really even look at the color of the avocado, I've had ones that are a little green but are fully ripe so color is not the biggest thing to me. I try to just feel the top of the avocado really gently and if it gives on the first try just a little bit then it is fine and won't be brown and won't be a rock.

you can also speed up the process by putting the avocado in a brown little lunch bag with a bananna.

And if there on sale buy an extra one so if one really sucks you can just toss it out.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I usually buy a week in advance, and try to buy them when most are just getting soft to the touch, and a few are softer. If some are harder that's not so much a problem, because they will ripen during the week. It seems they ripen faster when warm and/or in the light/sun, and slower when in the fridge/cool and/or dark.