Into the depths of my sebum

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
dionysus
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by dionysus »

I failed many times, then one day it just click. The diet became as easy as getting out of bed.

Make sure you ALWAYS have enough energy (juice) in your body. Then you have no cravings.

You'll get there. If i can, anyone can.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
rischott

Post by rischott »

Yes, took me a bit to be 100% but I finally made it, and you can do it as well.

The worst part you'll have to deal with is people continually asking you if you want coffee or some vegetables with rice even after the seventh or eighth time of telling them you eat RAW food. It just doesn't click. It tends to kill conversations and potential relationships, but what makes you feel better i guess.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

When you are 100%, are you absolutely sure everything is 100% raw? If not, it makes staying 100% a lot more difficult.

What might help: when you feel a craving to eat something not on the diet, immediately eat something on the diet that you like very much.

Good luck! :)
colombiansmiles21

Post by colombiansmiles21 »

In order to stick to the 100% WAI diet you have to take control of the situation like for example do not depend on other people (ie: your university cafeteria) to have fruits ready for you. You need to be well prepared and have enough fruit to eat throughout the day. Do not expect to just go somewhere and for them to have fruit for you. This diet takes a lot of planning and preparation, but it becomes such a routine and so easy! It definently takes way less time than cooking everyday! Whenever I went out anywhere I always used to say "oh they'll have something I can eat there like fruit or salad" but what if they dont? you need to be prepared! This diet is AWESOME once you get past "the wall". You need to make the decision and let NOTHING stand in your way.
!!VIVA COLOMBIA!!
dancs

Post by dancs »

Thanks for all the reply guys!! so it's been almost a week, and i've been pretty damn good!

For i have not eaten anything unraw like since sunday. I usually eat pizza with my office during the week but i've skipped out on all that. I did have a whiskey and ginger ale...but just a few sips (STILL I WILL CUT IT OUT, i only did it coz when i got out of the bathroom he made me a drink already and i felt bad to say no...BUT I WILL NEXT TIME!)

However, i'm still breaking out here and there. It's not one of those small zits that have puss in the end and dissapear, these are pretty long lasting pimples.

I think i can narrow the culprit. I recently bought 5 lbs of brazil nuts (shelled) and been mixing it with raisins that i buy from the convient store. Now which one is it? the raisins or the shelled nuts. I use to shell my own nuts, but i figured these preshelled nuts would be fine. Who knows. I called the website that was selling it before i bought it, and i asked if they used any sort of heat to crack the nuts., but they didnt know the answer. hmmmm --- good news i bought 25 lbs of unshelled brazil nuts (mainly coz i like the taste of freshly cracked nuts)

The raisins could be a problem too. hmmm

A note, i was breakin out before i had those drinks...so i know its something before than. HOWEVER, is it also possible that when i ate 4 slices of pizza last week friday (exactly a week from now) that i could still be breakin out from that?

I'm going to start eliminating things, such as the raisins. Maybe buy organic raisins.

Any clue guys?

thanks again!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

It's most likely the shelled nuts. Nuts are usually shelled by heat, so go back to shelling yourself. The raisins can also be a problem, but far less so (nuts contain more protein than raisins). Nevertheless it's better to make sure you have sundried ones.

Good to hear you're making progress. :)
dancs

Post by dancs »

So i've bought Brazil Nuts and been cracking them myself. Bought 25 lbs to be exact. Haha pretty funny when you get that shipped to your home. Anyway, i haven't been eating any raisins just in case. I've been 100% strict since Saturday last week. And i dunno, i'm breaking out a bit here and there....but i still believe.

The one thing i have not done that is "wai" like is drinking OJ that is pasteurized I don't have the time nor the equipment to juice my own OJ. My job takes up my life, and crackin nuts is almost impossible at times.

My question is, will drinking pasteurized OJ have a large effect on break outs? And how important is it to eat 3 egg yokes a day a day? I haven't been doing that either because i'm just way too exhausted to do it when i get home.

Thanks thanks
Frost

Post by Frost »

i work 12 hours a day, and have a dog im training, yet i have the time to prepare and maintain meal regularity. just keep at it and make time. as for oj, i dont drink it. i substitute it with a banana or apple, or peach etc, about every hour and a half to 3 hours a day to keep my blood sugar up. oj is not necessary, it is only more convenient for some people. as for egg yokes, that only takes me 5 minutes at most to prepare every night, though i skip some nights if my body doesnt feel like having the protein that day.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Can you make a list of what you ate since saturday?
dancs

Post by dancs »

I agree Frost that i should find time to do what i need to do. I work similar hours, 15 hrs a day and about and 8 hrs on Saturday...so about 80 hrs a week. Maybe its a the stress too and lack of sleep? But i don't feel stressed out coz i love my job and i get about 7 hrs of sleep.

RRM i haven't kept a diary of what i've been eating but i've only been eating a whole bunch of fruits. Usually bananas, apples, watermelon, orange, brazil nuts when i can (freshly cracked), pasteurized OJ cut with Extra Virgin Cold Pressed OO, and a whole assortment of fresh fruits. I've been thinkin, maybe i haven't been doing a good job of balancing my sugar and fats. Maybe i eat way too much fruit and not enough things. Coz i'm always eating fruits, all the time.

I read that being hungry can cause acne too since it increase water retention, but that only happens once in a while, and i make it a point to get food. I always have a bag of fruits with me. hmmm

I don't wash my face with soap, but i don't really wash my face period..with anything. Perhaps thats a problem.

My job requires a lot of walking around and being under the sun, its possible that the amount of sun exposure i get has something to do with it. I dunno. Well it's a full week with being strict. Lets see how this coming week goes. I'm still hopeful. Plus i love the way im eating now, so even if it doesn't work i don't plan to change it.

Any suggestions anyone? RRM i know you said your really susceptible to acne, perhaps i am too....maybe coz its really my FIRST week being strict that im ridding of any pimples that would of come out later. But the way im getting acne is way different from my first time on the diet...my face looks a little worse but not at the same time, if that makes sense. I'm not getting any HUGE pimples but my complexion isn't great either.

Im rabbling and will stop now.

P.S. So i was at a meeting with my coworkers at a restaurant, and the waiter got mad at me for bringing my own food (banana) it was pretty silly. I asked if they had raw food and he said yes (but he was lying). Just a funny story. The waiter was a douche and my coworkers agreed. Good stuff
dancs

Post by dancs »

My face is better this week than last week but not good. I think the culprit is really the nuts. So last week, i was eating nuts already shelled and my face was BAD. This week, i'm eating freshly shelled nuts...and now my face is better but not good at all.

Ever since i've been on this diet i think my face has been the worst this past 3 weeks. And i think its really the nuts. My game plan now is to cut out the nuts.

But they were just an easy way to get the fats i needed. Any suggestions guys? What other easy way can i get my fats?

Thanks
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Olive oil, avocado, and fish would be my suggestion.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Yes, that happens to many (not a majority though), and then cutting out the nuts is the answer.
dancs

Post by dancs »

I always cut my OJ with OO, so i'm getting the fat i need from that. And i guess i should eat 4 eggs everyday since i dont have any other form of fat. My question is, how important is it to follow fat all the time after sugars? Since i don't always have the chance to eat avocado or eggs the same way i was able to eat nuts all day. Is that alright?
dancs

Post by dancs »

One last question, if i always drink 1 liter of OJ, how much OO should i cut with it? I sorta just pore an amount, not exact with it.

Thanks again

p.s.
i can already tell my skin is calming down a bit after 2 days off nuts. yay...lets hope it lasts