Into the depths of my sebum

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
dancs
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Into the depths of my sebum

Post by dancs »

Hi everyone, i've discovered this site a few weeks back during Spring Break. I got a huge pimple on my left cheek (close to the nose) and was on antibiotics (Tetracycline) for 2 1/2 months and other perscribed facial cleaners. I've had acne since i was 16 and has been a problem till now, 20 years old. I've read the free online book and many posts, but this is my first post. My acne can range from mild to moderate to severe. I still have red dark marks on my cheeks from past acne which will go away with time, but i wish it would dissapear quicker (wouldn't everyone).

I started the diet on Sunday (April 8) and stayed faithful till Thursday dinner (went to Apple Bees for a birthday dinner). I felt awful for stopping the diet but started again on Friday but broke it again for a Saturday dinner (made dinner for a date). Now its Sunday again and i've been faithful since Tuesday (today).

However, those days i've cheated i haven't had any big breakouts the days following. I have very small bumps that sometimes form puss in the end, but as i've read this is a good sign that the sebum trapped under the skin is now allowed to surface. Strange thing is that their all around my nose, a place where i hardly get any acne.

What impresses me is that even that i've stopped all tropical medications that i use on my face and stopped using antibiotics i see no major break outs around my cheeks (major area of acne for me). Which is annoying since it shows that these damn medications really didn't do anything but tire my face out.

It feels great to not worry about whether i have put my medication on. I don't worry about looking oily or what not since i no longer use the moisturizer.

Anyway, that big pimple from spring break is still around but has lessened a bit and formed puss last night. I woke up with it still there, but since i'm weird and began making funny faces in the mirror the pimple popped and now formed a dark mark on the top of the pimple (like a scab). Thats annoying, and i hope it sheds off soon enough.

ANyway, my complextion seems to be getting better. I'm very optimistic of the diet and waiting till the day where i have no pimples. I'll keep you all updated of my progess!

Also, i wana thank everyone who continue to maintain this site and for everyone for supporting one another. It's a great feeling to know you can control your acne and to know there are people who are doing it with you all over the world. i sometimes just have the urge to tell people to stop eating certain foods since i feel so enligthened.

take care and good luck!
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Thanks for sharing your story. :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Thank you. We know what you mean regarding that urge.
dancs

Post by dancs »

So... again with the on and off of my routine, as far. If only my university didn't suck when it came to having fruits and a salad bar.

I stayed strict on the diet on Thursday, and most of Friday (4/20) - except for the half brownie i ate *ahem. Saturday i would of loved to have stayed on the diet, but on the weekends my university seems to shut down in terms of giving fruits and a decent salad bar. So i was forced (well...) to buy a burrito - beans, rice, a bit of sour cream, guacamole, tomatoes, and corn - but than i was really hungry again that night and ate pizza slices from dominos. So that was saturday, me cheating all day...which i haven't done. And to tell you the truth, the food stayed in my stomach and i just didn't feel good. It just sat there. SUnday comes along but still my school has no fruits, thus i eat another burrito -same ingredients as before- and some corn and 1 orange (the only one they had).

However, i have been juicing a lot. I keep juicing and it seems to be the only thing i have control over. So hopefully my constant juicing will counter act some of the harmful food i ate. I suppose Tuesday and Wednesday will be the day i'll see how bad the food took a toll on my face.

Today however has been good, my face continues to clear up. Which is great. The days i cheated before haven't really caught up to me, or they did but hardly anything.

The small bumps that were around my nose are still there and have spread to my forehead...but again nothing noticeable...just annoying. It's as though they’re about to become huge pimples but since they surfaced early they wont. I should be happy about this i suppose. i guess i'm doing some things right.

Well hope everyone is continuing to kick ass on this diet! keep at it! and the one thing i've learned is to never be so hard on yourself. Like everyone says, it’s a learning experience. If we want to do this for life, we have to except ourselves to fall a few times. But it’s the getting back up that matters!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dancs wrote:hopefully my constant juicing will counter act some of the harmful food i ate.
Occasionally it may, but in the long run it will certainly not, or hardly.
Like everyone says, it’s a learning experience.
Very much true.
If we want to do this for life, we have to except ourselves to fall a few times.
Or lots of times.
Its always ok.
dancs

Post by dancs »

Last thursday i drank a lot of beer with a friends of mine and ate a bunch of Tostitos with salsa...i was expecting the worst but nothing had really happened. Saturday, i went out and ate a good amount of mozzarella sticks. Sunday, i only ate a burrito.

So tuesday, now, i have a huge break out of mini bumps (some with puss) all over my forehead. This is of course expected, and i blame it on the mozzarela sticks because this is the worst breakout i've had. Now the breakout isn't horrible, but enough to annoy me.

The biggest problem i have is that my head gets really itchy at times, and i sometimes just find myself scratching, but not hard...more like applying pressure. Every time i catch my self doing it i stop. Did anyone else find this problem. Just an itchy forehead when there are lots of bumps. And in terms of the bumps, i know they will disappear, as did the ones around my nose...but i almost never breakout on my forehead...i guess its normal for you to breakout in places you generally never did.

Either way, i'm pretty happy still, since my cheeks (my trouble areas) are pretty much clear...just like three mini white heads and old dark marks from past acne (which is fading away quick).

Anyway, it's two days without cheating, i plan to stock up on fruits for the weekend, since my university is awful in serving fruits during the weekends.

Cheers
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dancs wrote:tuesday, now, i have a huge break out of mini bumps (some with puss) all over my forehead. This is of course expected, and i blame it on the mozzarela sticks
It may also still be from the Tostitos with salsa; sometimes it takes a few days.
my head gets really itchy at times, and i sometimes just find myself scratching, but not hard...more like applying pressure.
Yes, thats normal. If you would have that all the time, your skin would get used to it, and you wouldnt notice anymore. Its because now your skin also has days of not retaining water that it really gets itchy when it does retain more water again (and of course acne can be very itchy).

good luck!
nick

Post by nick »

I can second the itchyness. It does go away after some time and we are all different as to how long it takes our body to return to that natural balance. Determination!
dancs

Post by dancs »

hmm its possible it's from the Tositos and salsa, i guess 4-5 days later isn't that big of a stretch....or even the alcohol maybe. who knows.

Today is still itchy. I feel like its going to take till friday for everything to get back to normal.

In terms of munch foods, i find it impossible to figure out how much i'm eating of one thing. I had grilled cheese sandwich today, its the only munch food i've had since monday. Hopefully it won't do anything. I'm slowly getting sick of just eating bananas, apples, and oranges. I'll have to look at the recipe section to add some flavor/change to my routine.

Btw, thanks for the replies Nick and RRM.

Determination! i fail here and there, but i keep trying it over and over again. I'm focused on sticking to the diet though. I'll figure out how to make it fit me. It'll come soon enough.

Till next time - cheers!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

while on the acne sample diet, you should not eat any munch foods at all. And when you do, you are back to day 1 again.
dancs

Post by dancs »

ohhh.....damn.....i think i knew that, but somehow forgot. I can't wait till college ends when i can go grocery shopping and be more creative with my meals.

Was it really hard for some people to stick with the diet? I mean i love eating the healthy foods just because it sits in my stomach better but i seem to keep failing. Ughhh....

Perhaps in a week when school's done i'll have more success. I"m determined to continue on the diet, but i only seem to last 3-4 days before i crack. I'm going to get better, just annoyed at myself that i haven't yet.

sigh :cry:
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Don't get annoyed at yourself... Since cooked food is a physical addiction, it does take effort to stay on the diet. You can do it, I'm sure. :)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I had problems with this diet for the first year!

Didn't have this forum back then!

Ideally you want your energy levels to always be at the correct level. You won't crave as much for munch food. (Eventually the cravings will disappear forever if you stick on the Sample Diet, which i do)

One of my major problems in beginning was with the sweetness of the juice. And it was until recently that i start to dilute the juice with water which helps alot!

This diet is hard. But it will make you feel great if you can work it out for you. :)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
dancs

Post by dancs »

thanks guys! appreciate the motivation.

seeing that it was hard for you the first year dionysus takes some weight of my shoulders, and your right Oscar...it is a physical addiction....i'll keep my head high and continue moving forward.

thanks again :D
dancs

Post by dancs »

It seems to be quite simple and easy when your on this diet. I'm honest with everyone at work about me being a raw foodist, and everyone is for it. I have coworkers who are vegan and vegetarian and are amazed about what i eat. I feel great when im 100% strict....

...but than again, i fail. Again....and again....and again....and so on and so forth. Where it almost becomes a cycle. I stay on the diet, for at most 4 days. I constantly check my face in a mirror, only to be disappointed and frustrated with my lack of commitment. I just don't know sometimes. I'm annoyed at my inability to stay on a diet that would stop my number one psychological spiral of dispair -acne.

But still....here i am..even with the door to success wide open to me...i still haven't stepped through it. Still stuck in a void of commitment inability.

I beat myself up all the time when i go off the diet. but vow, constantly that i'll stay on it starting tomorow....tomorow i'll start being 100%. - like a broken record - tomorow...a horizon never to be met.

However, with all this frustration and anger at my inabilities - i still stay hopefull. My mom always advises me to do the diet 80% since its too hard to stay on. My sister tells me to do something else, since there are no results...just signs of failure on my face. But i still believe.

It'll happen. colombiansmiles21 post is an inspiration. I plan to get this done! i will make it happen. Tomorow will be day 1.

Tomorow will be the last time i say, i'll start tomorow!

p.s.
i'm a little scared. scared i'll fail. scared i wont be able to do this. but at the same time, i really believe i can.