Into the depths of my sebum

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
dancs
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by dancs »

Thanks for the reply and birthday wish Oscar.

So my birthday didn't turn out the way i wanted to. I denied and tried to avoid many attempts from people to buy me drinks but people were generally insulted when i avoided. Those of you in the US realize how important it is for many that you are 21, finally legal to drink. So eventually i gave in and drank. Enough to wake up at 8 am drunk still with my coworkers. That night was blur with a few silly things happening. I haven't drank in a long time so the experience was all so new again.

I did see a bit of the reprocutions of that night. But what worries me more is that i developed two very large pimple on my cheek, and had been surfacing before that night. This is my day to day occurance from the past week.

Friday: Realized pasteurized OJ was a culprit.
Saturday: 100% wai
Sunday: 100% wai
Monday: 95% wai but didn't realize realized onions and cilantro were bad Tuesday: 95% wai but didn't realize realized onions and cilantro were bad
Wednesday: BIRTHDAY drinks
Thursday: 100% wai
Friday: 100% wai

Saturday, was the last night my coworker was working with us and we went to a etiopian restaurant. I ate a huge dinner before we went out that was 100% wai, as to avoid ordering. But we hung out for a few hours and i got very hungry and ordred a salad for $9.50 and didnt get what i thought it would be. It was tomatoes with salt and pepper, corn, veggies, and potatoes all eaten with wrap. I obviously had the choice to NOT eat it but i did order it and felt the pressure from everyone and from my own hunger to eat. And so i did.

So again its Sunday....i'm once again on day 1. I was very worried this diet wouldn't work since i didnt see the results...but looking back now, it makes total sense why im breaking out with huge pimples. Its because i had been drinking 1 liter of pasteurized OJ everyday for 2 1/2 months. Obviously stopping it would release all trapped sebum. DAMN DAMN DAMN!

My face is train wreck, but there are no more occasions in the forefront that require me to cheat. In truth, there is no occasion that would make me cheat...i cheat because i decide. Its my responsibilty. I did try to say no to the drinks and did try to prepare for the restaurant ahead of time with a large meal but i failed.

Sigh. Back to day 1.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I never understood why drinking alcohol was such a big issue, and why it is regarded as being "cool" to get drunk. As if one "needs" alcohol to be social?

Anyway, back to day one it is then...good luck. :)
dancs

Post by dancs »

Ya drinking is a big deal for some reason - it's one of those legal drugs i guess, where debauchery and vomiting is entertainment and signs of a good night...hmmm

So i'm on day 8 now. Woah. Day 8 thats awesome. I'm been 100% raw for 8 days. It's just good to say. This is the first time that i have been raw. I thought i was raw a few other times, but than i realized i was mucking it all up haha. I've only been following fats - OO/cucumber/tomato/white vinegar/sugar salad - with fruits the past 3 days and it really helps stabalize your mood. I use to eat a TONS of fruits in a day to keep my energy level up and my hunger down...but with that salad, i eat less fruits and feel more satisfied. Good stuff =)

In terms of my skin. In general everything is getting better - healing from scars and current pimples subsiding. i do have the occasional break out, but they are few and i don't worry since from my understanding, its really this 2nd or 3rd week i'll see a difference. I have this really huge pimple on my cheek, thats been there for awhile but its subsiding...i think its what some of you will call a cyst (not really sure yet what it is) but its big and hurts.

Eating this way feels great. It's really good for your mentality too to know that your eating healthy and FINALLY eating raw. I'm sure my face will continue to get better.

Thanks for all the support
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

dancs wrote:Ya drinking is a big deal for some reason - it's one of those legal drugs i guess, where debauchery and vomiting is entertainment and signs of a good night...hmmm
Yeah exactly. If you think about it, it's really weird. ;)

Good to hear things are going well. :)
dancs

Post by dancs »

Day 11

So i broke out a bit yesterday, and it seems like a few more pimples are starting to form. My face is getting a BIT better, nothing great though. It would be much better if i didn't have this big pimple pop up a long time ago - still healing from it...its just big and really dry.

3 downfalls:

1) I haven't always been eating fats after every meal - i really think this is whats causing all the problems

2) I have been picking at my dry skin and popping white heads

3) I haven't been washing my face really...occasionally with Volvic Water.

I really plan to get this done till i have clear skin. I see the horizon ahead, I'm just a few more steps from getting there.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

1) is only essential if you are susceptible to too much fluctuating blood sugar levels; for most people this is not the case.
Regarding 3) ; Not washing your face will not cause acne.
I really plan to get this done till i have clear skin. I see the horizon ahead, I'm just a few more steps from getting there.
Ah, thats the spirit! 8)
dancs

Post by dancs »

Day 14 - 2 weeks straight

No improvement really. But i got bit by a dog two days ago and had to go to the hospital for rabie shots. While i was the hospital, i got weighed....and i lost 10 lbs! WTF - people were saying i got thinner but i was like whatever.

I'm 5'7 and my weight fluctuated between 132-140lbs. But now i'm at 126lbs. Yikes. Not good. I dont wana loose weight at all, on the contrary i wana gain weight. I do understand that you loose weight due to the lack of water in your body but 10lbs? i'm thinking that i still have acne and new ones after 2 weeks because my body using muscle protein for energy. But i was pretty damn sure i ate everytime i was hungry....didn't always follow fats with it, which in turn made me eat MORE and MORE fruits...but i did eat when i was hungry. hmmmm

I was the reading the threads about weightloss and the main thing i got from it is to drink 1-3 L of juice. I can't do that since i dont have a juice extractor. How else can i avoid weightloss. I was thinking to add more fats to my food like avocadoes and increasing my OO intake....maybe that will help.

Either way, i need to stop loosing weight. It's not healthy at all. It just put me in the bad mood when i realized this. argggg
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

I think losing 10lbs of water (and fat?) is possible. What counts is muscle mass. That should stay the same (or grow).
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Juice the oranges by hand. I do. I use a small glass orange juicer.

Some people will get acne if they do not follow sugar (fruits) with fat (olive oil), this is due the fluctuations. You need the fat to stabilise your sugar:fat ratio in your blood. I sugar low or sugar high can cause acne (in some).

This diet is ALOT easier when drinking orange juice with olive oil. You don't even taste the olive oil. I have tried every other way and this way is by FAR the easiest.

I add 35-50ml olive oil to 1 litre of orange juice. If you want to put on weight just add more olive oil. I did this. The outcome was a beer belly lol....but the different ratio between fat (olive oil) and sugar (fruit juice) in the orange juice does affect how you FEEL. Try it and you will see.

:) Good luck mate.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

If you lose weight that you dont want, your are undereating. So, you need to eat more frequently. Undereating is also not good regarding acne.
dancs

Post by dancs »

I ate everytime i was hungry. Pehaps i shouldn't even wait till than. than again i almost never followed my fruits with fats.

I'm thinking also that refined sugar might be really bad in regards of my acne due to my acne suseptibility to fluctuating blood sugar levels.

I can't wait to get a juicer - so i can start juicing and adding lots of OO! I ordered one but hasn't come yet. Been a long time! i bet its lost in the 'mail (not femail) world'
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dancs wrote:I ate everytime i was hungry.
Forget the way you used to be hungry. That kind of hunger applies to eating big meals.
From no on, you need to focus on a very different, but much more reliable kind of 'hunger'; your blood energy levels. You need to learn to 'listen' to those energy levels so that every small decline in energy levels is followed by you ingesting some energy.
I'm thinking also that refined sugar might be really bad in regards of my acne due to my acne suseptibility to fluctuating blood sugar levels.
Its not the sugar that is bad. Its the too high levels. So, all you need to do is to find out how moderate your intakes should be (per meal, not per day)
I can't wait to get a juicer
you know it should not be a mixer / blender, right?
Kookaburra

Re:

Post by Kookaburra »

RRM wrote:If you lose weight that you dont want, your are undereating. So, you need to eat more frequently. Undereating is also not good regarding acne.
How does undereating cause acne? Lately I noticed about 4 pimples on my upper left cheek near the nose. I was shocked as I haven't been having acne for months!
RRM
Administrator

Re: Re:

Post by RRM »

Kookaburra wrote: How does undereating cause acne?
When you are ingesting too little energy, your blood protein levels will initially be low,
but eventually your body will start converting muscle protein into available energy.
This starts with the release of peptides (chunks of protein) being released into the blood.
These may temporarily end up in the skin, locally increasing water pressure,
which may cause acne (usually overnight).
Kookaburra

Re: Into the depths of my sebum

Post by Kookaburra »

When my body starts converting muscle protein into available energy, does it also induce the process of nitrogen>ammonium>ureum? Does this mean that every time that I undereat, accelerated aging of the cells in my body will take place? If undereating causes acne, why is it I don't see any starving African kids having them? Do anorexics have acne too?