PMS, cravings, sugar

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
johndela1
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by johndela1 »

DarkGalaxy wrote:Have you looked at what I have eaten last week? Not necessarily too little fat and the body can convert fatty foods into sugar as well. It might take longer since fruits or juices are more easily converted into sugar, but to have not enough sugar in my blood would mean to eat nothing.
what about not eating any carbs and being in Ketosis? ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis )
DarkGalaxy wrote: If I would be losing muscle, I would have to urinate a lot and feel dizzy also, yet my muscles are more visible than when I was 2 lbs heavier, which makes me think I lost fat and not muscle.

you probably lost fat and muscle, your muscles may be more visable but they have probably lost at least some mass. I mean just because you can see your muscles more doesn't tell you much. if you losts equal parts of muscle and fat to the point where you lost most all of your fat you'd see your muscles better
DarkGalaxy wrote: If I would be physically inactive and overeat all day long on avocados and fatty raw foods, I would gain fat, yes.
I think you'd gain fat because you took in more calories than you burned, not because you ate lots of fat
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

what about not eating any carbs and being in Ketosis? ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ketosis )
Well, where does it say in the Wikipedia article that ketosis makes me lose mostly muscle? I do have some ketostix somewhere, I'll check it if I can find them, although I do not have ketobreath at this time (more like... egg yolk breath) :)
I also feel much better today... not tired anymore. I don't know. I do eat carbs from avocados, cucumbers, nuts, but not as much as usual.
you probably lost fat and muscle, your muscles may be more visable but they have probably lost at least some mass. I mean just because you can see your muscles more doesn't tell you much.
Ok, this could be. Also, any time you're going to lose weight there's always a percentage of muscle loss. The ideal would be to keep that at a minimum (which is exactly what I'm trying to do - hopefully I'll be successful at it).

[/quote] if you losts equal parts of muscle and fat to the point where you lost most all of your fat you'd see your muscles better

You're right. Thanks for pointing that out. Although... if I lost muscle and it was recently, would it not be replenished immediately as soon as enough calories were taken in? I can't find the link for this information right now, but I know I read this somewhere (which still doesn't mean it is correct). By the way, I did take in enough calories I think. My weight is still exactly the same as a week ago.
I think you'd gain fat because you took in more calories than you burned, not because you ate lots of fat

Of course, but I mentioned those foods because they are higher in calories and easy to overeat on. If I was afraid of fat, why would I eat so much of it? :wink:

I'm still hoping for RRM to shed some light on all of this. I am doing fine now, no problems. I'll definitely try to find those ketostix and check it, but to be in ketosis, you'd usually have to really restrict carbo's to less than 20 g a day, I think I've had more. Plus no keto breath like I said (a dead- giveaway). It could also be that this sudden change in diet just takes for my body to adjust to it... or maybe I was dizzy because of the stupid melatonin pill. F that. They don't really help me anyway because I STILL can't fall asleep at the right time.

Thank you for your input!! :)
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

RRM, I just posted the following:

viewtopic.php?t=1318
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

I was just thinking, what made me so disoriented could also be because I stopped using that salt substitute which is potassium chloride. I've used it a lot and for a long time. Maybe my body has to adjust to this change (electrolytes). I drink licorice tea daily and I just read that that causes low potassium (and some other negative things), so I'm gonna stop using that too right away.

I'll figure it out sooner or later. For now it's just water, fish, avo's, yolks, cucu's and nuts!
avalon

Post by avalon »

For what it's worth DG, I agree with most everything you said.

Best wishes,
Avalon :wink:
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

>sighs in relief<

:D smooch

But nonetheless... I think it is good to one of these days get a full checkup and see 'how I'm doing' lol. Hormones, cholesterol, minerals, bone density... Although... the doctor might tell me I need to gain weight. Maybe I'll just go in some baggy sweater and get the results first, without telling him anything about my diet.

I am just trying to find out what is healthy for my body and since I like to be thin, I want to know where the line is between being healthy and being too skinny, without going by the standard guidelines. Wai herself mentions that the official nutrient recommendations are incorrect, that our bodies can increase or decrease uptake of nutrients from our food.

I am just trying to be skinny yet healthy... if that is possible. For women this is so confusing... in the media there's all these skinny girls who seem to be doing fine, yet they are supposedly dangerously underweight. According to BMI standards, I would now be anorexic, but I don't think I am anorexic at all. I would never want to be too skinny or keep losing weight until I would die. Some people think that if a person is interested in being fit and slim, they have an eating disorder... but to me that just means making the most of what you have to work with and enjoying yourself and your life to the fullest. Taking care of your health and your body is viewed as abnormal behavior or something. Besides, maybe I don't eat that much, but it sure has been a LOT worse at other times in my life. I am actually proud of how much I am eating. You all should be cheering for me lol. I know there are a lot of skinny girls who do not eat as much as I do, who are skinny using all the wrong methods. I am really glad that I have showed to myself that in order to lose a few lbs of fat I do NOT have to starve myself or stay away from my favorite foods (that happen to be avocados, salmon and egg yolks) or exercise excessively. I am constantly telling myself not to ever have an empty stomach and to eat enough and work with my body instead of against it.

I do believe that a lot of people could be skinny and unhealthy because of having unhealthy diets, but on this diet and with this knowledge that Wai has provided, I am going to try to be skinny yet healthy and eat enough.
What if most adverse affects related to underweight have to do with people having bad and unbalanced diets in the first place? Of course your heart is gonna suffer if all you eat is grapes and lettuce or you vomit after every meal. That is not what made me thin though.
sula58

Post by sula58 »

Not just to lose weight, but to be healthy, you should probably be consuming more sugars. Sugar is needed to give the brain and muscles energy; it is also needed to produce serotonine, without which you could become depressed (and as far as losing weight, it inhibits cravings). I would recommend that you include fruit in your diet (and not just avocados and cucumbers)!

That would probably explain your dizziness....and as far as weight is concerned, if you don't consume sufficient sugar, your body may get the idea that there is a food shortage (even though you ARE eating a lot of fatty foods; but it is still being denied its main source of energy from sugars).

Again, as far as losing weight, I wouldn't worry about BMI standards, comparing how others eat, counting calories, etc. It way less complicated to just let it happen naturally...I would re-read the "Overweight" section of the book (http://youngerthanyourage.com/index.html).

Good luck with everything! And the cellulite will disappear, especially if you don't eat munch foods! It did with me, but it took almost 2 years! (patience) :)
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

DarkGalaxy wrote:I am just trying to be skinny yet healthy...
Thats very much possible, as long as you dont force your body.
What if most adverse affects related to underweight have to do with people having bad and unbalanced diets in the first place?
Indeed. If your weight is low while eating healthy and listening to your body, you have nothing to worry about. Those standards can never protect everybody; what is too low for some, is not for others.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Sula,

Really??? It all disappeared??? That must be amazing... what did you do if people took you out to dinner?

RRM, thank you!! :D
I did have a bunch of other issues a couple of posts earlier in this thread and I was wondering if you could take a look at them sometime, I would really appreciate any input on that. Also, am I really eating too little sugars now like people are suggesting?
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

DarkGalaxy wrote: I am just trying to be skinny yet healthy... if that is possible.
I think it is very possible. Actually, I think it is the healthiest way to be. Read about CRON or CRAN (google them), if you don't know about the benefits of a calorie reduced lifestyle.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Sure, but it is still known that a lot of CRONies are anorexics too... I am actually trying to be CRON, except that most CRONies eat cooked food. I am not trying to be anorexic though.

HOWEVER... my ketostick turned bright purple this morning... SHIT I'm in ketosis??? This is bad, right? HELP
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

The Wai Diet is in a way a calorie restrictive diet.

Ketosis isn't necessarily bad. It was kind of to be expected with your low sugar intake, which means your body has to turn to other energy sources.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

I'm actually surprised because I've been eating lots of avocados and some cucumbers here and there... just no other fruits...

I wonder what RRM would say about it?
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

DarkGalaxy wrote:I'm actually surprised because I've been eating lots of avocados and some cucumbers here and there... just no other fruits...
As Oscar said, it was to be expected as you avoid sugars.
Relying more on fats (and protein) than on sugars is not bad, and maybe that is what your body needs. It just takes a lot of effort to keep your weight up.
Avocadoes contain little sugars (only 0.4%) and much more fat (23.5%) and some protein (1.9%). Cucumber does not contain that much sugar either (2.5%) so that when you eat a lot of these 2, by far the most energy comes from fats.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Thanks!

So it's fine then, I can stay in ketosis? I'm still in ketosis, even this afternoon a ketostick was deep purple. I'm fine with it, but I don't want to lose any muscle nor do I want to force my body. What do you think RRM, will I be able to maintain my muscle mass?????