PMS, cravings, sugar

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

avalon wrote:I like raw zuchinni about the same as cucmber. ... But taste is a strange one.
Exactly. That 'strange taste' is actually a warning.
avalon

Post by avalon »

RRM Wrote:
Exactly. That 'strange taste' is actually a warning.
My Bad. I meant, everyone's taste is different. Sorry. I like the taste of zuchinni as much as I like cucmber. To be honest I like lemon and olive oil best of all as dressing :shock:
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Wow I had no idea I had new replies... normally I get email notifications.

Ok RRM, so I understand even occasionally eating foods that cause cellulite will be bad if I want to get rid of it. Thank you!! I must re-read the chapters on cellulite.

Yes, zucchini the way I would eat it would taste good, but I would pick tender organic ones, cut them into slices, add a good olive oil and add salt substitute to them. I have now stopped using salt substitute (potassium chloride). I have dealt with food addictions in the past and the salt substitute I believed kept me from eating salty foods during PMS (when cravings for salt and all kinds of things come up). Now I believe it doesn't serve me anymore. The zucchini would cause me to >burp< a little, which I thought was strange.

I have actually for the past three days tried my new fatty diet... they were also my period-days, so the first 3 days of my new cycle. I have to admit to having had another severe depression attack 4 days ago or so, due to problems in my life I am trying to deal with, together with PMS depression, so I have used one supplement called 'Natural Calm' which is a magnesium drink with stevia and some 'natural' flavors. I know, I know... bad... but it DID calm me down and it DID relieve me of any pain from the usual cramping.

I had no pain whatsoever this period... which in itself is a milestone in my life ;)... and I think it is because of the magnesium supplement since in the past I have used it with the same results.

I also tried raw cacao during PMS but I don't believe that did much other than make my heart racy and make me feel somewhat blissful. I won't use that again either because my butt is just a little more important to me than feeling blissful for no reason :).

SO coming back to my raw fatty diet, it is incredible and I do believe this is it for me!!! It takes some monitoring and I keep forgetting to eat more meals/ bites but I have actually LOST weight DURING MY PERIOD (??? any female knows this is pretty much impossible), I don't seem as cellulitey as usual, I feel clear and sharp, mentally stable (ok, of course PMS is over so that might have something to do with it) and overall I feel MUCH more energetic than normally during my period.
I wanted to start a diary but I'm afraid I just don't have the time.

I do try to eat enough calories although I am trying to lose some fat. I will never in my life go under 1250 calories a day anymore... those days are gone for good. I ate about 1360 calories the first day, 1510 calories the second and 1450 calories the third, all from egg yolks (12 a day is my goal), avocado, home-cracked hazelnuts and walnuts, coconut oil and absolutely nothing else except licorice tea (is this ok?) and my magnesium drink. Today I have eaten a lot, since I weighed much less than I thought this morning (and I should still have hormone related water retention for another 5 days)... so I was like yeaaaah avocados... come to mommy! I have also walked a lot and rebounded some, biked a little. I can't believe I still have trouble sleeping even after 12 yolks, magnesium AND a tiny melatonin pill (forgot to mention that). I still have a jet lag... or I just worry too much?? Anyway so now that I am stable mentally, I won't need my supplements anymore. I know they are not preferable but I sometimes get so depressed that I get suicidal. Yea... lot of fun. I know I will get better though.

I now definitely want to continue this diet!! I haven't even had cravings for
sweet fruits at all!! I can now look at bananas and not even want them!! I am eating all my favorite foods all the time and actually losing weight. I hope nobody thinks I was eating too little? I really want to lose only fat and no muscle and I never ever want to starve myself again.

:)
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Zucchini tastes like cucumber?? No. :wink:

Oh ya, I forgot to mention I did also have a few cucumbers, so this is what I had (the foods, not the supplements):

- Egg yolks
- Avocados
- Hazelnuts (I read they are also good sleepy foods)
- Walnuts
- Coconut oil
- Cucumbers
avalon

Post by avalon »

DG wrote:
Zucchini tastes like cucumber?? No.
Silly, I wrote I like it as much as cucumber. I don't think they taste the same at all :wink:
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Excuse my silliness...!

But... how do I know how much you like cucumbers? :P
avalon

Post by avalon »

This much.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

:D
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

RRM and others,

I've done 7 days on my fatty raw Wai diet and yesterday I got so tired... then this morning I woke up early but my eyes were spinning really fast in my head... kind of like being drunk. I couldn't keep them fixed on one focal point. I went to the bathroom and kept losing my balance and I was dizzy. What's going on? I've been eating more than enough. I went back to sleep because I didn't feel good and got up later. I just ate (egg yolks) and I'm ok, just a little foggy from sleeping so much.

This is what I ate last week:

290 calories from Egg yolks
63 calories from Hazelnuts
35 calories from Cucumber (Total 1353 - 1368 calories)
Exercise:
Walking 23 min
Rebounding 35 min
Biking 40 min (light)

Day 2
696 calories from Egg yolks
392 calories from Avocado
277 calories from Hazelnuts
79 - 82 calories from Walnuts
67 calories from Cucumber (Total 1511 - 1514 calories)
Exercise:
Walking 100 min
Rebounding 30 min
Stretching 11 min

Day 3
653 calories from Avocado
522 calories from Egg yolks
170 calories from Hazelnuts
105 - 109 calories from Walnuts (Total 1450 - 1454 calories)
Exercise:
Walking 60 min
Rebounding 11 min
Stretching 5 min

Day 4
1296 calories from Avocado
131 - 136 calories from Walnuts
19 calories from Hazelnuts (Total 1446 - 1451 calories)
No Exercise

Day 5
1268 calories from Avocado
464 calories from Egg yolks
334 calories from Walnuts
280 calories from Olive oil
49 calories from Cucumber
40 calories from Coconut oil (Total 2432 - 2445 calories)
Exercise:
Housekeeping

Day 6
837 calories from Avocado
631 - 689 calories from Egg yolks
150 - 156 calories from Walnuts
80 calories from Olive oil (Total 1698 - 1762 calories)
Exercise:
Walking 60 min
Stretching 3 min

Day 7
690 calories from Avocado
680 calories from Walnuts
396 calories from Egg yolks
80 calories from Olive oil
40 calories from Coconut oil (Total 1886 - 1913 calories)
Exercise:
Walking 60 min
Stretching 3 min

My weight has been stable all week at 103 lbs/ 46.5 kg. I've been feeling really good but from day 6 or so, I've felt more tired, just like how I felt when I tried low-carb some years ago or when I did a stupid water fast... the feeling that your body has to adjust to burning fat for fuel instead of sugar. I figured I just have to sit it out a couple more days and then it'll be different, but this morning I felt that this can't be ok...?? I mean, the whole purpose is to listen to my body, so my body is giving me some warning signs I think. I hadn't had any more magnesium or melatonin for a couple of days but last night I did because I still have trouble falling asleep, even when I go to bed early and I have trouble getting up early. It can make me more tired but yesterday and the day before I was tired as well which had nothing to do with the supplements. I though maybe I was overburdening my organs, eating so much fat?? Now I'm thinking maybe I have low blood sugar issues again?? I don't know. I feel fine right now.
Is this normal??? What is going on?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

You are taking in about half your required daily calorie intake.

A women who is not doing excercise requires 2200kcal per day .

A women doing excercie requires about another 1000kcal (to my knowledge).

I'm not sure if you are getting all your daily nutrients as well. Which are essential for a healthy functioning body.

I would recommend juicing some fruit for access to easy energy. It is IMO the best way (I have tried many ways).

Juice some Apples or Oranges. Oranges produce the most juice and have more nutrients but IMO apples taste better. I have both each day.

Juice about 2 litres of juice. I have 1 litre of OJ and one litre of Apple juice each day.

To the juice add Olive Oil. This is to make sure the sugar:fat ratio in your blood stays stable. It is to control any sugar swings.

I add about 300 ml to every 2 litres. This is alot so I recommend maybe not adding so much Olive Oil to begin with. Its all about adjusting the sugar:fat ratio to what you body tells you it requires

You can check the Nutritional Calculator here to have a look at the Sugar (Carbohydrate): Fat (Total lipid) ratio. To adjust the ratio to maybe a 2:1 ratio (like Wai suggests).

http://www.3.waisays.com/calculator.html

I know what you will be thinking. "How can you drink OJ with Olive Oil...YUCK!"...well you can't taste. :)

Take tiny sips to begin with and try and notice how it increases your energy and then try and notice when it wears off.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Some more friendly tips that i found useful:

1. Put the juice and Olive Oil in a Volvic (water) bottle. It means it is easy to mix the Olive Oil and OJ. Can be quite difficult in a glass to get a good mix.

2. If you are using an electric juicer, don't drink the 'scum' that sits on the top. After juicing i let the juice sit for about 20-30 mins, just to let the 'scum' float up to the top. I then use a spoon to hold back the 'scum' while i pour the juice into my Volvic (water) bottle.

DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Thank you for your reply!! :)

I am trying to lose some fat, not gain it... I mean... how is one supposed to lose weight (from fat) then? The reason I am trying to lose fat while following a fatty diet is because I have some hormone imbalances and depression problems (some of which have to do with real-life events). Earlier in this thread RRM and I talked about this.
All I know is that I am a petite female with a small skeleton. I look very healthy (skin, hair, nails, feminine curves - yeah I got hips and a butt). I feel very healthy too apart from the monthly hormone problems and sometimes depression. I did use the anti conception pill from age 15 to 24. This could have something to do with my hormone imbalances or not.
I am trying to lose some fat while maintaining muscle. I know a female should never go under 1250 calories a day, so I'm counting calories to make sure I eat enough.
Are you advising me to forget about looking tight, toned and yummy (according to current Western beauty standards) and being happy with my body with more fat... I can't. Believe me, I tried. I want to be thin AND healthy, that's what I'm trying to do here. I don't believe that being thin or eating less than normal (but more than 1250 calories for women) is necessarily unhealthy. The way to determine for me whether I am 'healthy' is to see if I am fertile and if I menstruate regularly. I always keep track of this and I am very regular, unless if I exercise a lot (like when I went hiking for a week, a few weeks ago, my cycle last month was 32 days long instead of the usual 28, but still within the normal margins - not longer than 32 days).

All the standards like BMI index and such are based on averages and do not take into account frame size. I know my frame is very small, and I do have really good muscle tone as well. When I had less body fat, people would tell me I was skinny but muscular.
I have a relatively strong but thin built, with hips that stick out and you know, feminine curves. I really don't think I look sickly thin or anything. I see women who are skinnier than I every day. I get confused about all of this too, but when I was heavier after quitting smoking, a few years ago, I had the same problems with depression and PMS and usually a lot worse with very painful breasts and other problems). I don't think gaining weight would solve my problems, it just adds... weight. I have been heavier and in the 'healthy range' (BMI), be it at the lower end of it. The extra fat kinda just bunches up and my butt will go south which only makes me believe it is too much weight for my small structure. Even now, when I sit down and lean back, the fat on my butt bunches together in many small pleats... lol. Plus of course the dimples... Now if all that extra fat would just look smooth, that is one thing but on my body it just looks like I've got too much of it... it looks funny. I just don't believe that a fatty belly and stuff is more healthy. Everybody seems to think that thin is attractive, but at the same time people seem to think it is so unhealthy ??? I don't get it.

The recommendation for 2000 calories a day that you can find on most food labels is meant for average people including men, right? Hardly a good guideline for a small built female.

I am just trying to be healthy. A lot of people eat more but might eat a lot of 'empty calories'. All the foods I eat are nutrient-rich. I am not trying to have an eating disorder but I just don't see how I can ever be happy being fatter... and why should I? I mean, I am thin, I look younger than my age... isn't this what a lot of women want? :wink: Why not enjoy it? My brain is sharp, I have lots of energy. The only problems (and they are big problems) are PMS and depression (usually related).

I may not be eating that much but I still ate an average of 1682 - 1701 calories a day, all from relatively nutrient- dense foods. You can't say the same of every thin female. Heck, there are even non-thin females who eat a lot less than that.
If an average adult needs 2000 calories a day (as stated on food labels), then my intake is not so low is it? I do not have an average built at all.

Confusion!! Like I said before in this thread... it confuses me and how thin is too thin? I see that most runway models are too thin but some of them do get pregnant and have healthy babies... can someone explain this to me?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

If you don't have enough sugar in your body, you will not lose fat but muscle.

To lose fat disposits (body fat)

I asked Oscar this question in another post:

"How do you reduce your overall fat deposits?

Oscar replied:
Energy management and fat intake.
Make sure your body gets the amount of energy it needs, when it needs it (frequently replenishing blood sugar), and not more or less. By ingesting enough fats the body will "know" it can use the bodyfat as fat energy because there isn't a fat shortage.

High intensity level exercises do not help, because they need more sugar energy, so if you want to do any exercise, try low intensity ones, like walking.

Everyone who adheres to the diet will eventually reach his/her ideal weight, even without exercise at all
And on the topic of losing fat from a particular area (i.e. my belly).

RRM wrote:
The ONLY way to remove fat (through exercise) is by reducing your overall fat deposits, hoping that your target area will slim down too.
Thats is because you cannot tell the body where it needs to take away spare fat. You can only make your body hold less fat in general.
No exercise in the world can make the fat go away from a specific place; thats determined by your 'genetics'; where the fat will go away first, and where it will sit the longest. nothing can change that.

So that if you want to loose fat on your belly, you cannot do anything else than decreasing your overal fat deposits and hoping that your belly will not be the last in line.

Of course you can do exercises that increase abdominal muscle strength, but that will only increase it size, and the fat will stay, so that only the overall volume of your belly will increase. It will NOT target fat loss from your belly.
Both these quotes are from here:
viewtopic.php?t=61&postdays=0&postorder=asc&start=0

Sorry i can't talk about this in more depth. I don't really know much about the subject. But it does sound to me like your body is telling you it requires more sugar and as i said above, if you don't have enough sugar in your body, you will not burn fat but muscle for energy.

dionysus

Post by dionysus »

This is the most important line in the above post.
dionysus wrote: By ingesting enough fats the body will "know" it can use the bodyfat as fat energy because there isn't a fat shortage.
So you have to make sure your body has enough fat to actually burn body fat.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Have you looked at what I have eaten last week? Not necessarily too little fat and the body can convert fatty foods into sugar as well. It might take longer since fruits or juices are more easily converted into sugar, but to have not enough sugar in my blood would mean to eat nothing.

If I would lose muscle I would know because I would lose weight very fast. I don't lose weight fast. I make sure to eat at least the amount of calories my body needs to maintain itself, which is about 1250 calories and on top of that I eat extra calories according to my appetite. My main exercise is walking and I do some rebounding, which doesn't eat up my blood sugar like moderate biking would.

If I would be losing muscle, I would have to urinate a lot and feel dizzy also, yet my muscles are more visible than when I was 2 lbs heavier, which makes me think I lost fat and not muscle.

I could be wrong about all of this. Thanks for your input!! All I'm saying is,
somehow it doesn't seem like I am not eating enough, more like I am constantly full and never hungry. I never have blood sugar drops, but I do feel hungry in the morning. I constantly eat and lots of fatty foods. Before I tried this new diet modification, I would eat lots of sugars also, LOTS of food but I never really gain a lot of weight unless I eat cooked foods. All the times I would gain weight was from binging on cooked foods. If I would be physically inactive and overeat all day long on avocados and fatty raw foods, I would gain fat, yes.

I don't know... I thought muscle breakdown would happen if your stomach is empty and your blood sugar low, which normally never happens to me. I said I thought my blood sugar was low when I woke up, but it could be something completely different. If I would eat 100 calories every hour I'm awake, I would eat about 1600 calories a day. How would this be too little for an adult female with a small frame? My BMR is about 1250, so a little over 50 calories per hour. Add to that another 50 calories per hour... wouldn't that be enough on average given that I am sedentary most of the time except for walking about an hour a day and 20 minutes of rebounding?