PMS, cravings, sugar

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
DarkGalaxy
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by DarkGalaxy »

"Effort to keep my weight up"

Sounds good to me :P Means I can EAT LOTS OF FOOOOOOOD :)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

You may also find that you have to make a effort to avoid carbs. I've never been in ketosis. How long have you been avoiding carbs? Don't you get cravings to eat carbs? I mean strong cravings as your body tries to get what it needs.

Also, is it healthy to be in that state long term?
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

I have had some cravings but not that strong. It is easy to control and to just eat the right foods. I had some trouble a few days ago like I said earlier in this thread, tiredness and stuff but that's all over. I feel pretty good.

The real challenge is in the second two weeks of my cycle (after my ovulation when my hormone levels shift), when I get an animalistic sharp taste and food is orgasmic. For now, no problem at all...

I have no idea if it would be good to do this long-term... I am hoping maybe RRM can help shed some light on that...

Hugs :)
johndela1

Post by johndela1 »

I specifically mean carb cravings. What non carb can fix a carb craving?
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

I think it's just that you have to get through the first days, weeks maybe and your body will get more efficient at burning fat for fuel at some point. I am doing ok because I eat plenty of fatty foods. I don't even dream at night that I'm feasting on carbo-rich treats... strange. I don't know. I just get really focused but like I said, when the personality switch comes that is PMS, well that's another story... I'll see how it goes... a few more days to go...
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

What I meant was that it is hard to fix a carbo craving with a non-carbo food, but once your body get efficient at burning fat for fuel, you shouldn't have those cravings. I believe the cravings are just for easy energy, so once fat becomes easy energy, the cravings disappear. I think...
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

DarkGalaxy wrote:So it's fine then, I can stay in ketosis?
Its fine and possible, but not easy, as for most people its already hard to listen to your blood-glucose level, and with your version of the diet, there is no such direct relationship with food intake.
So, yes, its possible, but extremely hard.
will I be able to maintain my muscle mass?????
Its possible, whcih means its also possible for you, but of course, i do not know whether you will be able to do so, because that is up to you...
Its a fine line you will be walking, which requires a very good balance.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

I see!! A nice challenge!! So far, I'm doing pretty good. I monitor everything anyway so I'm pretty organized as far as that. I really make sure to eat enough, that is why I document everything and count calories. I usually eat way more than enough. I really want to be able to listen to my body better.

One thing I noticed is that I have to laugh a lot... like when I eat a lot of happy foods and my mood just gets really silly.

:D
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

Ha, ha, yes; fat does make you 'happier' (chemically), just as cholesterol and daylight exposure do.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

:D :D :D
Excellent !! happy me again (let's see how this goes after my ovulation)
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Dang it... humidity... makes me also hold water LOL. I don't know how I have ever survived 5 years of Florida weather.