PMS, cravings, sugar

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
DarkGalaxy
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

PMS, cravings, sugar

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Hi RRM and others!

I have been a Wai diet fan for a couple of years now. I just wish to express my gratitude and tell you that Wai is a household name for me and my companion. The information and knowledge provided by your research has been so helpful to me and it has provided such logic and insight at times when I was lost and confused about what would be the best diet for fitness, great skin all over, anti-depression, health and anti-aging. THANK YOU AND WAI!!!
I am a big fan and a fellow Dutchie, living in both the USA and Belgium with ties in Amsterdam. I have no acne but I do have cellulite, water retention and extreme(?) salt sensitivity and I just want to be thin, fit, youthful, energetic and happy!

Before adopting the Wai diet (with modifications) I have been a vegetarian junk food lover and smoker, vegan, Fruitarian, raw vegan, etc. I have tried every diet, fast and even ketosis (low-carb high-animal), have replaced every bad habit with many good ones and I have experimented a lot in order to find what works best for me. This process has taken me many years and has been very successful. That is why I know for sure that the Wai diet is the best way to go for me.
However, I still have some q's so I was hoping you could help me or share your thoughts.

One thing is, and I know I am not the first one to ever mention or question this so I apologize for bringing it up again, but I am hesitant about using sugar in my diet (meaning pure white refined sugar and also fruits with a higher glycemic index than, say, cantaloupe melon). I know that blood sugar levels can be stable on the exact Wai diet (with the OJ/sugar/OO combo, etc.) and it has a lot to do with portion control, use of good fats to balance the sugar, frequent small meals, hormone regulation, the elimination of bad foods, etc. etc. I am aware of the complexities around blood sugar levels, insuline etc. However, I have been interested in natural hygiene (I know some of that system is not applicable anymore in modern times but a lot of it still makes a lot of sense to me) and I prefer whole foods instead of oils, refined sugars or juices. I am someone to read a lot of theories and to take the good things of what every 'expert' has to say. According to Dr. Perricone, the dermatologist who admittedly makes many thinking mistakes but still has a lot of interesting points made, "When blood sugar goes up rapidly, sugar can attach itself to collagen in a process called "glycation," making the skin stiff and inflexible. Losing this elastic resilience of young skin will give you deep wrinkles and make you look old." I have also read years ago from other sources that this process could not be reversed. Now I know that if one was to follow the Wai diet precisely as described, one SHOULD not have any problems at all with blood sugar and it would even have the opposite effect and alleviate diabetes or pre-diabetes. Still... I have to explain that I am very petite and it is too easy for me to overeat (I love food since my taste and smell are so sharp and I also have some psychological cravings and issues with food and a history of somewhat disordered eating, as well as depression and just tough times in my life >:]). I is a lot of effort for me to always do the right thing and sometimes I have less control and I gain weight from overeating. I have severe PMS problems which make me suspect a progesterone allergy (to my own progesterone ). It is so hard to know exactly what causes things... Life happens and I haven't been able to fully complete the 12 yolks a day PMS thing (also because I like to exercise a lot and with yolks I can't do any Rebounding or biking).
I figure that I need all the minerals I can get out of whatever I eat, so refined sugar and oil would not be the best choices for me (maybe)... my teeth are very sensitive and it is probably due to malnutrition in my childhood and some dietary mistakes later in life. I believe in the general Raw Food theory and also that of CRON practitioners (Calorie Restriction with Optimal Nutrition) of eating foods with the highest mineral density (whole, natural foods mainly) and eating the least chemicals or damaging substances.
Juices and sugar damage my teeth, especially fruits that contain citric acid. I've had this tooth sensitivity for many years. I am now 31 years old, female. I have a family history of diabetes and depression that I know of (woo hoo). I have also read from some raw food sources that there are fruits that are very suitable for humans and fruits that are not so suitable for humans and citrus fruits being the kind that is NOT so suitable for humans. These are all thoughts and considerations which I keep in mind and which make me wonder sometimes about the best food choices. I make conscious choices all the time and sometimes I just don't know.

Maybe you have any thoughts on any of this? I am just wondering if I am doing things right since I am getting the first fine lines (god forbid! :)) and I do gain weight easily if I eat as much as I want ( Wai foods). People have accused me of being too thin many times but I have a tiny frame, both my parents have a smaller build and I do have muscle mass but I actually have visible fat layers over the muscles which makes me think I should have a lower weight (lower fat %). However, when I do lose weight I seem much more prone to depression and nervousness/ anxiety, also emotional mood swings. I am also going through a divorce. I have been going through the hardest time in my life without any medication for my suicidal tendencies and I have conquered that stuff, but it is hard sometimes :) Arrrgg I am sorry for explaining so much but I guess how else can people know where I am coming from?
How thin is too thin? I wonder a lot about whether I am doing the right thing. I believe with my small frame I can weigh less than the regular guidelines (BMI), but underweight or anorexic range... it confuses me!

What are your and Wai's thoughts on Aloe Vera gel (fresh from fresh leaves) on the skin? I personally love this.

Salmon oil. I use the Vital Choice oil from Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon. I am not sure at all but every time I am extremely depressed and suicidal, I notice that I haven't had salmon oil for a few weeks. BUT it is heated and I know heated Omega 3's are very unstable and damaging. Confusion again! I am afraid to go without again and there's no sushi place around here (Belgians are not so much into this yet I think).

I am doing good though, I am a very happy person most of the time, just going through life's ups and downs. I do have PMS problems, namely enormous cravings, overeating (avocados, yolks, nuts, dried fruits, etc), loss of control or focus, water retention, cellulite and serious emotionality, aggression, anger, sadness, total personality switch, tiredness, insomnia (even with yolks and happy foods). I think all a doctor could do is prescribe hormone therapy... forget it.

I don't mean to sound negative with all my issues, I am very happy with my diet and lifestyle and I am very fit and athletic, never get sick and I look very young so I don't mean to discourage anyone!!

Cellulite. I am trying the 'two years on strict Wai-approved foods' thing to change my skin. I did use the pill as a teenager and young adult. So far I still have cellulite, unless if my fat level is very low. I keep thinking I just have too much fat for my tiny frame, even at a low weight. So my q is: if I do eat too much sashimi or something else that can cause cellulite, how much longer do I have to wait? Do I have to start from zero and count two years again? It seems that sitting too much or a sedentary lifestyle is horrible for muscles and increases cellulite, even with lots of exercise, or maybe it is really true that too many carbohydrates (from fruits) will cause continual bloating, or is it again a blood sugar issue? I am so confused. Do I just need to be more disciplined and try the 9 small meals a day thing instead of 5-6 meals a day?
I have used Chlorella (salty), mainly because I have braces, so heavy metals in my system. I have stopped using it, I don't think it adds to my depression (mercury).

Does the ratio of good fats play a role in food cravings? For example if I eat a lot of avocados or a lot more Omega 6's and 9's in ratio to 3's?

Sunscreen. What are your thoughts on this? I have read that the sun is the no. 1 ager of the skin, but that most sunscreens contain damaging chemicals. I am currently using sunscreen sold by Dr. Mercola.

What should I use to clean my skin of sunscreen or make-up? Coconut oil (the lowest in vita E and also the most stable oil) is good for eye make-up but not for sunscreen or foundation. Do I just use mild soap or my Shu Uemura oils? Sorry if this has already been asked. I am a newbie on this board.

The Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon that is sold on the Noordermarkt every Saturday in Amsterdam, is it ok or too frozen? What about mercury in farm-raised sashimi (all sushi grade fish)?

Ok that is all for now... I am sorry to write and ask so much!

Thanks for reading and best wishes,

DarkGalaxy
DarkGalaxy

Another few points

Post by DarkGalaxy »

How bad is raw, organic cacao (100% pure cacao nibs)? It is actually very low in protein, high in fat and higher in sugars than in proteins. per 28 g it has:
11g of fat (4g saturated)
sodium 30 mg
total carbohydrates: 14g
fiber: 9g
sugar: 3g
protein: 1g

Of course it does contain theobromine or even caffeine, although a low amount and the above numbers are from a US label so they could be lying. For a munch food it is highly recommendable though.

Another thing is, what do you think of nightshades (tomatoes, Goji berries, potato much food)?

"Nightshades play a major part in bone and joint strength. Researcher Winifred Conkling states in Natural Medicine for Arthritis, "Eliminating vegetables from the nightshade family can promote cartilage repair." Dr. Collin H. Dong developed arthritis after moving to America from China and adopting a typical western diet. The research in his book New Hope for the Arthritic concludes, "My dramatic recovery convinced me that rheumatic diseases are caused by chemical poisoning put into our food ... and by allergy to certain foods." If you are healing from disease or are in pain, especially in the bones and joints, such as wrists, hips, and knees, or back, teeth, or gums, avoid nightshades. If you wish to have the strongest body possible, then reduce, avoid, or eliminate nightshades."

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m ... _111734421
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

I suggest if you would like to try and control your food cravings that you go on the Wai Sample Diet.

Try and adjust the Sample Diet to suit your body. For example just now i have about a 1:1 sugar:fat ratio and i feel great, always. It's nuts.

I never get food cravings, ever.

The only thing i "feel" is when my sugar:fat ratio drops below it's 'optimal' level.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Well yeah but you're a dude :) You don't get PMS. Thanx for the suggestions!!!!!!!!!!!!! I will def. consider it.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

I do agree though that there is something to this fat/sugar ratio and I try to keep it balanced as much as possible... BUT all that counting... people already find me so obsessive... they're probably right anyways.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

I literally do perfectly well for some time, then BAM after my ovulation it all changes and I get these cravings, etc till my menstruation.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Are you eating really 100% Wai (or Sample Diet) or not? There will always be cravings if you are not...

Cacao, goji berries, potatoes are all munch foods, tomatoes are on the diet.
RRM
Administrator

Re: PMS problems

Post by RRM »

DarkGalaxy wrote:I am hesitant about using sugar in my diet
Well, there is absolutely no need to.
Normally one can get all the sugars one needs from whole fruits, or juices (when you need more).
As you are very sensitive, and you feel better consuming low-sugar foods, please do so; its probably your body telling you that you dont need much sugars. You may thrive on a diet relatively high in fat (taking bites of a tomato-cucumber-avocado-nuts salad all day)
Dried fruits may be too high in sugars for you...
I haven't been able to fully complete the 12 yolks a day PMS thing (also because I like to exercise a lot and with yolks I can't do any Rebounding or biking).
You can take all the yolks at night, right after exercise, or even before you go to sleep.
I do gain weight easily if I eat as much as I want
Sometimes its hard to make a distinction between what you want and what your body really needs. Learning to listen to your body 24/7 is very hard, especially in your condition.
when I do lose weight I seem much more prone to depression and nervousness/ anxiety, also emotional mood swings.
Since you are very sensitive, you should only try to loose weight by still eating those fatty foods, and by eating small bits very frequently, because otherwise these will be the effects indeed.
How thin is too thin? I wonder a lot about whether I am doing the right thing. I believe with my small frame I can weigh less than the regular guidelines (BMI), but underweight or anorexic range... it confuses me!
Yes, these guidelines are confusing. Fat % is more reliable, and of course you need some muscle volume.
What are your and Wai's thoughts on Aloe Vera gel (fresh from fresh leaves) on the skin? I personally love this.
If you love it, just use it for that reason, and that reason only.
every time I am extremely depressed and suicidal, I notice that I haven't had salmon oil for a few weeks. BUT it is heated and I know heated Omega 3's are very unstable and damaging. Confusion again!
Do you eat sufficient fish / yolks every single day?
That might be the asnwer...
there's no sushi place around here (Belgians are not so much into this yet I think).
There are great fishmongers where you can buy raw salmon and tuna.
if I do eat too much sashimi or something else that can cause cellulite, how much longer do I have to wait?
Fish / fat doesnt cause cellulite.
It seems that sitting too much or a sedentary lifestyle is horrible for muscles and increases cellulite, even with lots of exercise
Walking simply is the best, but controlling water retention is key. (which may be the hardest in your case)
maybe it is really true that too many carbohydrates (from fruits) will cause continual bloating, or is it again a blood sugar issue?
If you feel bloated, that may be the fiber.
Do you feel bloated? (your stomach)
Do I just need to be more disciplined and try the 9 small meals a day thing instead of 5-6 meals a day?
Especially for you, even 9 meals a day may be too litle.
Why not snack from a big bowl of salad all day? (so that you eat lots and lots of small meals)
Does the ratio of good fats play a role in food cravings? For example if I eat a lot of avocados or a lot more Omega 6's and 9's in ratio to 3's?
Fats are essential, especially for you, but you shouldnt worry about omega ratios too much.
Just make sure you eat sufficient fish / yolks daily. Consuming 2 avocadoes daily is perfectly ok, and also (raw) nuts.
Sunscreen. What are your thoughts on this? I have read that the sun is the no. 1 ager of the skin, but that most sunscreens contain damaging chemicals. I am currently using sunscreen sold by Dr. Mercola.
True, most contain damaging chemicals. Cant you just stay out of the sun?
What should I use to clean my skin of sunscreen or make-up? ... or foundation.
A regular make up remover.
Do I just use mild soap or my Shu Uemura oils?
For regular washing?
You should just use water.
Only for removing sunscreen / make up you need a make up remover.
Oils are just to protect your skin against dehydration after having washed your skin.
The Wild Alaskan Sockeye Salmon that is sold on the Noordermarkt every Saturday in Amsterdam, is it ok or too frozen?
Ive never tried it. I guess its not frozen (they normally dont), but just kept on ice, so it should be ok.
What about mercury in farm-raised sashimi (all sushi grade fish)?
These levels are not to worry about. There is a thread about this in the animal food section.
Ok that is all for now... I am sorry to write and ask so much!
Thats ok.
Please try to ask specific (other than PMS) questions in the appropriate threads.
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Thank you so much for your answers, RRM and everybody!! It has been VERY helpful to me.
RRM wrote: You can take all the yolks at night, right after exercise, or even before you go to sleep.

LOL I will try that!! I might never wake from a deep sleep but I'll try it! Sometimes yolks keep me awake or they feel funny when I take them before bedtime... I don't know why. I am a yolks lover, so it can't be the taste and my body can handle it too, it is very much used to it. I do have to eat a fatty meal before bedtime otherwise I won't be able to sleep. I have a fast metabolism I guess.
Sometimes its hard to make a distinction between what you want and what your body really needs. Learning to listen to your body 24/7 is very hard, especially in your condition.
Definitely! I might have to be obsessively precise and monitor my input and output. So much work lol. It is indeed a good idea to make one big salad for the whole day so I know how much is in it! I think I might have water retention because I consistently eat too much... I can't just eat enough, always seem to want to be a little full.
Since you are very sensitive, you should only try to loose weight by still eating those fatty foods, and by eating small bits very frequently, because otherwise these will be the effects indeed.
Ya, I think so too although it is harder to control for me because I always love fatty foods so much that I usually eat a couple more helpings... it's a miracle I am this small really... I am only a few lbs fatter than I would like to be in my own eyes but I always eat more and more frequently that my tall male 'counterparts'. It is strange. For no reason because I feel much better when I eat less calories. It must be psychological. I tend to eat when I don't know what to do and I just love eating as an activity. I've been raw for quite some time and my taste and smell are so sharp it's just animalistic, especially before and during my period.
I am gonna have therapy now LOL so maybe that'll help with the psychological eating too.
I will now try to lose weight on many small meals of fatty foods (avocados, yolks, fish, oils etc) and see how it goes. :) yummy. Would it be 'bad' if I only ate fatty foods and not so many fruits like melons and berries and apples?
Yes, these guidelines are confusing. Fat % is more reliable, and of course you need some muscle volume.
Ya I know, it's weird but I have both fat and muscle tone, yet I am only a few lbs away from the 'anorexic range'... and have been in the 'anorexic range' for a long time in the past. It just makes me think that my small frame/ light skeleton would make for different healthy ranges. I am 5'4.5 tall (1m64). For me, I just see if I still menstruate and that is my indication for health... I am very regular (28 day average) but my periods are short and often very painful with horrible PMS. I usually just feel like killing people but this is so not like me. It's totally Schizo and I always feel like breaking up with my loved ones and stuff >:P.

Other than that, it is hard for me to naturally be body fat-free by exercising and eating Wai foods only, since I build muscle very easily and this always comes with more volume in water and probably glycogen too.
I guess I just eat too many avocado's ;).

My fat % is probably around 11% right now, but I want it to be around 6-8%. I know, not really a weight problem but for me it does get frustrating.
If you love it, just use it for that reason, and that reason only.

Definitely, I was just wondering if you and Wai know how cool it is. :) I don't use moisturizers or creams, just fresh Aloe Vera gel and coconut oil.
Do you eat sufficient fish / yolks every single day?
That might be the asnwer...
Actually, no I should eat more yolks (and fish). I eat 4 yolks on a regular day. I am going to try to eat a lot more before bedtime. The reason I don't is because sometimes they make me feel... weird at night... like a blood sugar drop or a shift in minerals or electrolytes or something ??? I know, it doesn't make any sense and I can't put my finger on what it is.
I eat a lot of avocados, some olive oil and coconut oil. Nuts I try to avoid because I always eat too much and they make me gain fat.

By the way, have you ever tried a yolks mask on your face? LOL it is SO hard to wash it off after it dries up :D. Don't do that!
There are great fishmongers where you can buy raw salmon and tuna.
Great idea!! I'll try that!
Fish / fat doesnt cause cellulite.

HURRAH!! I was just wondering if the fish had been frozen a bit or if I'd had, say nuts that weren't actually raw.
Walking simply is the best, but controlling water retention is key. (which may be the hardest in your case)
Yeah I am big walker and sometimes hiker. Water retention is the problem with me, especially hormone related. Some people supposedly have an allergy to their own progesterone which could cause the water retention. I can be tight and toned one day (legs, hips) then WHOP be soft and cellulite y after my ovulation.

I am hoping now that a high fat diet of more than 9 small meals a day and less sugars will help me, plus the usual walking, Rebounding, biking, etc.
If you feel bloated, that may be the fiber.
Do you feel bloated? (your stomach)
No, my stomach is flat, I seem to handle fiber ok and I don't mind a fiber/ water belly since the next morning it is flat again but I get bloated around my hips, butt and legs much in the way most females look different when they have their periods. When I eat salt, I also get bloated like that VERY MUCH so salt has been out of my diet for a long time.
Even constricting shoes or sitting a lot can make me hold water in my lower body. I just get puffy and warm, like I expand :). I used to live in Florida, very warm and humid and that makes me bloated too.
I have read that anorexics tend to hold water when they lose fat but I don't believe I have ever really been anorexic and certainly not now. I eat a LOT and I think I am very fit. Even if I used to be anorexic, I think I would have recovered from all of it already.
True, most contain damaging chemicals. Cant you just stay out of the sun?
Yes, I try but I used to live in Florida where that would be hard to do without staying indoors all the time (which is pretty much what I did anyway). I have red hair/ fair skin so I can burn in like 5-10 minutes on a hot day. They do sell chemical-free sunscreens (which is what I use) but they look unflattering.
Ive never tried it. I guess its not frozen (they normally dont), but just kept on ice, so it should be ok.
It's really good you know :)
Thats ok.
Please try to ask specific (other than PMS) questions in the appropriate threads.
WILL DO THAT!!! Thank you so much for your time and your help!!! Dag-dag!!

To Oscar:
Hi Oscar, I really like all your help on tooth issues!!
Well, I eat only fresh raw fruits (including avocado's, zucchinis, etc.), mostly organic or peeled, then sashimi whenever I get the chance, raw organic yolks, raw organic nuts, olive oil, coconut oil, sometimes young Thai coconuts, sometimes juices of fruits and rarely fresh green veggie or grass juices, sometimes leaves like basil (not at night) but I eat no white sugar, no nightshades (like tomatoes), I avoid citrus fruits (teeth), dried fruits (except when menstruating) and no supplements or spices whatsoever. Oh ya I do use salt substitute from the USA which is potassium chloride... one day I will try to live without. I drink water and herbal tea.
So I guess it is close to the acne sample diet and I have lived like this for quite some time so I am not in a transition phase. No munch food, just maybe the occasional 'raw' nut that happens to be not raw or experimental things like raw organic cacao nibs and last week I tried raw, grass-fed, organic beef.
Sometimes I eat fresh Aloe Vera Gel from leaves (rarely). I also practice food combining and sequence ing and I currently drink Volvic water. Yea and I am proud of all of it :).

Thank you for your help and interest!!
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

DarkGalaxy wrote:Sometimes yolks keep me awake or they feel funny when I take them before bedtime...
Then you just need to find out (through experimentation) how much time there needs to be between that yolks-meal and actually going to bed.
I do have to eat a fatty meal before bedtime otherwise I won't be able to sleep. I have a fast metabolism I guess.
Sufficient fat is actually very helpful to fall asleep : www.13.waisays.com
I can't just eat enough, always seem to want to be a little full.
Thats your stomach talking. By making it less full all the time, eventually it also 'demands' less.
Would it be 'bad' if I only ate fatty foods and not so many fruits like melons and berries and apples?
No, not at all.
I guess I just eat too many avocado's ;).
No, thats not it. Its about how much you eat in one sitting (whatever it is that you eat)
My fat % is probably around 11% right now, but I want it to be around 6-8%.
Thats not natural for a woman. 11% is perfect.
Water retention is the problem with me, especially hormone related.
Well, thats your cause of cellulite...
Dag-dag!!
Doei!
DarkGalaxy

Post by DarkGalaxy »

Thats your stomach talking. By making it less full all the time, eventually it also 'demands' less.
Yes, eating up to 6 avocado's in one sitting is not so rare for me, even though I never eat so little or infrequently that I would be starving or have low blood sugar. :oops:
Told ya, it's a miracle I am this small. Why o why do I often feel like I'll have just one more feast and then I'll get wiser... why do I love being full so much??? Is it because I can be a procrastinating, hedonistic and compulsive creature who at times rebels even her own authority, control and good intentions??
:roll:
Thats not natural for a woman. 11% is perfect.
:D Yes, it should be and it would be if it wasn't for the dimples. :? I get scared when I flex my butt muscles and look in the mirror at my butt LOL
:shock: I do have a little bit of cushioning around my navel... in order to lose that I would have to go lower in fat percentage. The only time I didn't have cellulite was when my fat percentage was around 6-8%. I am still hoping for some miracle at the end of the two year waiting time... I am not losing hope. It could be that I have less muscle mass than I think I do, but it just doesn't seem that way... and I have cellulite and fat on the more muscular areas (legs, butt). Besides, if I don't really want to build any muscle (and I am glad that Wai writes about this too), should the only solution not be to just lose more fat?
Well, thats your cause of cellulite...
(referring to my hormonal problems)

How do I find a solution for my hormonal problems??? I will never use hormone therapy.

Thank you!!!
johndela1

Re: PMS problems

Post by johndela1 »

DarkGalaxy wrote:I have also read from some raw food sources that there are fruits that are very suitable for humans and fruits that are not so suitable for humans and citrus fruits being the kind that is NOT so suitable for humans.
I wonder what animals are the main consumers of citrus in the wild.

I've read that you should eat the fruits from where you live.

I wonder if it is better to eat what we are designed to eat (if some fruits are better than others) or eat what is local (with fruits)

I know people are very adaptable but I still wonder if we are (individually speaking) best suited to live in certain places. It is obvious to me that people with dark skin and light skin are better adapted for certain distances from the equator. maybe these changes go further and affect what we should eat the same way some differences affect how much sun we need/tolerate.
avalon

Post by avalon »

DarkGalaxy wrote:
To Oscar:
Well, I eat only fresh raw fruits (including avocado's, zucchinis, etc.), mostly organic or peeled, then sashimi whenever I get the chance, raw organic yolks, raw organic nuts, olive oil, coconut oil, sometimes young Thai coconuts, sometimes juices of fruits and rarely fresh green veggie or grass juices, sometimes leaves like basil (not at night) but I eat no white sugar, no nightshades (like tomatoes), I avoid citrus fruits (teeth), dried fruits (except when menstruating) and no supplements or spices whatsoever.
I could be wrong, but I don't think the sample diet includes Zucchini? And truthfully the 'etc.' could mean anything. 'Rarely' fresh green veggies and grass juices are also considered munch foods. Please, I'm not bashing in any way. And I am not munch food free, but this is important to realize. Even basil will be considered a munch food. And I love basil.

I am interested in your avoidence of tomatoes. I am aware of the 'family' you spoke of. Please continue.
No munch food, just maybe the occasional 'raw' nut that happens to be not raw or experimental things like raw organic cacao nibs and last week I tried raw, grass-fed, organic beef.
Sometimes I eat fresh Aloe Vera Gel from leaves (rarely).
I wish this were true, but I do believe these are munch foods. Am I wrong RRM, Oscar?

As the Sample diet goes, these may not be appropriate, but as the acne diet goes- after the two week induction, they are fine. But still munch foods.
Corinne

Post by Corinne »

Dark Galaxy,

I also had quite severe PMS before being 100%. Not as severe as you, but since I've been 100% it has really improved.
It helps me to increase the amount of yolks I eat in the second part of the cycle (after ovulation).
What variation of the diet are you doing? Or are you 100%? Could you post what you eat and when you eat it? So like a typical day for you? THat way we could get a better idea.
RRM has given some great anwsers. Enjoy experimenting with them.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

DarkGalaxy wrote:To Oscar:
DarkGalaxy wrote:Oh ya I do use salt substitute from the USA which is potassium chloride... one day I will try to live without.
I wonder if it's the same as sodium chloride concerning water retention.
DarkGalaxy wrote:Sunscreen. What are your thoughts on this? I have read that the sun is the no. 1 ager of the skin, but that most sunscreens contain damaging chemicals. I am currently using sunscreen sold by Dr. Mercola.
I've never been very sensitive to sunlight, but my girlfriend used to always get sunburned right away. Now she doesn't anymore, and tans quickly. I don't use any sunscreen, and she doesn't either. I'm not sure if this is only because of the diet, or that not using any soap and infrequent washing/showering/bathing also influences this.
avalon wrote:
No munch food, just maybe the occasional 'raw' nut that happens to be not raw or experimental things like raw organic cacao nibs and last week I tried raw, grass-fed, organic beef.
Sometimes I eat fresh Aloe Vera Gel from leaves (rarely).
I wish this were true, but I do believe these are munch foods. Am I wrong RRM, Oscar?
The cacao nibs and aloe vera are munch foods, the beef isn't.