Dionysus Diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
dionysus
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by dionysus »

29th & 30th July

On the 28th & 29th my skin was looking great. All spots were healing, had that smooth look, etc

But tonight (30th) i can see two red spots about to form.

Could be a couple of external reasons apart from the fish which could have caused this:

1. Had sex three times yesterday
2. Been smoking a tiny amount of cannabis with tobacco over the last three days
3. Working hard in the garden

No.3 i can't do anything about. Work has to be done and to be honest i have been constantly working in the garden over the last week and my skin was getting better before today.

So, the main culprits (outside the fish which is the controlled substance in the 2-week experiment) are No.1 & 2 which i can eliminate starting tomorrow.

So, starting tomorrow...2-week experiment, 75g fish (Tuna or Tilapia).

:)
Negativity is the cult of the weak
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Sidenotes

Did some reading on the old acne forum. Some things i learn

1. Sex does not cause acne
2. Smoking cigarettes/marijuana does not cause acne.

The most interesting thing i learned was

3. If you are dehydrated, you may not be able to decompose / deport redundant protein during that 'time'.

I always wake up dehydrated in the mornings. Therefore i'm going to add 0.5L/1L of water before i go to bed to the diet.
avo

Post by avo »

No activities cause acne, but instead may influence the factors and chances of breaking out. Both activities you mention have numerous effects, changes in hormone levels, drops in blood sugar levels, possibly mild dehydration. I personally find it difficult to stay properly hydrated during these sessions, as my attention is not focused on taking a sip of OJ. :wink:

I too am dehydrated in the morning. It might not be as simple as drinking a lot of water before going to sleep, it may need to be spread out throughout the previous day. Also, last thing I want to do is wake up 3 times during the night to go to the bathroom.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

31st July & 1st August

Yeah Avo, started drinking water through out the day. Pretty much always thirsty.

So, the two red spots that were forming have turned into whiteheads (:big smile:) and another two/three tiny whiteheads have formed.

Even though i'm not sure exactly what caused the acne, the really good thing about the whole episode is that my skin always kept that 'smooth' look. Never looked slighty greasy (which usually happens when i consume too much/little protein over a period of time)

Unfortunately, today i was unable to eat my fish. The time when i usually eat my fish, at night, i had gas trapped in my stomach (and still do just now) this has been causing pain no and then. I didn't think it would be wise to consume the fish because when i consume my daily avacado salad earlier on in the evening this seem to make matters slighty worse. And also i wasn't sure if the stomach cramps could cause dirty protein but i came to the conclusion that it probably couldn't but decided to play it safe anyway.

So, tomorrow is my first day (again) of the two-week 75g fish experiment.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

2nd -5th August

daily diet:
75g fish
2L OJ + 150ml OO (+ some sugar when doing DIY)
1 Avacado
2 Tomotes
Some Cucumber
1/2 pack of fresh chives
Vinger+sugar

Skin has been feeling great. Only had some tiny whiteheads yesterday (4th) and a tiny tiny red head (which will turn white soon by the looks of it).

Did alot of lifting today (removing old wooden floor) so we will see how that affects my skin.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

7th August

I've got a couple of small red spots (hope they don't turn big) and a couple of whiteheads from before. My skin looks a little more greasy. Not that nice smooth look i like.

I'm pretty much in no-mans land.

I don't know if i've intaken too much protein or i've created a defiency due to the increase in physical work over the last few days.

Yesterday i was unable to eat my fish at the usual time 8-10 pm at night. This was because the supermarket had shut early (due to it being a bank holiday) so i was unable to get fish. Therefore i went to the supermarket in the morning and had my 75g of fish at about 9.30am. There was about a twelve hour delay in the fish entering my body.

At first i did not think this delay would make that much of a difference, even though i had been working physically hard for about 3 hours that day, but at 4am i woke up hungry (i.e stomach feeling empty wanting food). This has never happened before. It was like my body was looking for the fish. Weird as it sounds.

:?

Pretty down about the spots, to be honest. It's been a long battle and i'm just tired emotionally. Writing this blog helps. Don't know why but it does.

Don't really know what to do next. Think the best thing will probably be to stick to 75g's and see how it pans out.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Or, i could make an extreme change in grams and go for 50gs or 100gs over the next couple of days and see if it is a defiency or too much protein for my skin, due to the reaction it causes.

I could then increase/decrease the 75gs by 5gs in the appropriate direction.

I just don't know, i just don't bloody know.

PS My legs muscle are sore from the physical work yesterday. Don't know if thats got anything to do with it.

I'm tired. Make a decision tomorrow.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dionysus wrote: Don't really know what to do next. Think the best thing will probably be to stick to 75g's and see how it pans out.
Yes. Dont change your schedule in between. Stick to the plan so that you get to know the facts. Getting to know the facts is what pays of.
dionysus wrote:My skin looks a little more greasy. Not that nice smooth look i like.
Thats ok. there is always some fluctuation in oil / sebum production.
At least the pores are not clogged.
At first i did not think this delay would make that much of a difference, even though i had been working physically hard for about 3 hours that day, but at 4am i woke up hungry (i.e stomach feeling empty wanting food). This has never happened before. It was like my body was looking for the fish. Weird as it sounds.
Its not weird. with this diet you start discovering things like that. Its normal.
Also, make sure you always have some extra fish / egg yolks in the fridge in cases like this.
Pretty down about the spots, to be honest. It's been a long battle and i'm just tired emotionally. Writing this blog helps. Don't know why but it does.
I understand. Ive been there. Just keep going. It may take some time, but you got to keep going.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Thanks RRM. :)

8th August

Woke up this morning and had that 'smooth' look again. Which is always nice.

Ate my 75g of fish at 9.30am.

None of the small red spots have gotten bigger. Some have turned into whiteheads while one is sore and red but not big (by my standards).

It is now 2100hrs and my skin is looking slightly greasy.

Will continue on with 75gs of fish daily.
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Nick used to say, and I know this is very difficult, not to worry too much about the acne. He noticed that when he started worrying less, the acne also became less. Not sure if this'll help, but you never know. Good luck! :)
avo

Post by avo »

Ha! That's good advice. There has been times where I wouldn't check the mirror for a couple weeks, and after finally looking, my skin was great. It must have something to do with fussing, touching, picking the skin... I suggest you just ignore your face for some time -- even though that will result in stopping the diary for a period of time.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

To be honest, i find it hard to stay depressed on this diet. I may be initially depressed, bummed out, but then once i get on with work/studying the depression is gone.

10 August

Skin has been alot better. Got that 'smooth' look. Old spots clearing up. One tiny tiny whitehead today.

So the last outbreak could have been a combination of:

1) 6 hours of physical work over two days

PLUS

2) Me forgetting to eat my fish in the evening.

Going for a walk around Loch Fyne today

So we will see how my skin reacts to that.

Thats for the encouraging words Oscar & Avo. Means alot to me. :D
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Enjoy! Looks like a fyne loch to me. ;)
avo

Post by avo »

Absolutely beautiful. Nothing like that around here, just palm trees, beaches, concrete and asphalt. Lots and lots of concrete and asphalt, actually. I really do miss such places, seemingly unmolested by humans and their crazy plans for paving the entire world.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

It was only when i got to the Loch that i remembered how amazing it was. Sooooo quiet. So bonnie!

Impressed you know your Scottish lingo Oscar. :wink: Rabbie Burns would be sooo happy!

Skin has been great. Old spots clearing