Dionysus Diary

If you are not sure whether you are doing the diet right, create your own diet diary here, so others can take a look at it.
RRM
Administrator
https://cutt.ly/meble-kuchenne-wroclaw

Post by RRM »

Thank you for the reports!
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

All was not well in the land of 85gs. :lol:

Will update soon. Don't have internet at home but have been keeping a journal.
Negativity is the cult of the weak
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

25th September

Got a few new spots. Small but still annoying since for the last 2/3 weeks has been great.

Causes:

1. Well, I have been unable to eat my usual Avocados for the last three days due to being unable to get rip ones. To be honest, I didn’t think this is a cause. Can’t see how.
2. Secondly, over the last two days I have been semi-stressed. Just life/woman problems. This could also be a factor.
3. Thirdly, the increase in fish from 80gs to 85gs.

26th Sep

Big red spot in the centre of my back, weird place to get one. Not the usual place. My face has been ok, had a few white heads in my ‘usual’ place over the last couple of days (as mentioned yesterday, no new ones since then apart from the one of my back). Also had two tiny red heads on the neck line which didn’t swell but stayed small then faded away.

I’m getting the feeling that I am above my protein ‘limit’ but I will stick it out for the next week. I returned to university last Friday and so have been busy/stressed not always getting my 8 hours of sleep a night so I guess this could be another answer, maybe.

27th Sep

Two new red spots, Stopped the 85gs experiement and took 73gs of fish to try and decrease the levels. Moving up to 85gs at the time when I re-started university was a bad idea, to many variables which could have caused acne.

28th Sep

80gs of fish

8th Oct

Been on 80gs of fish since 28th Sep [10 days]. I have two big red spots on shoulder and one on cheek. Confused?

9th Oct

I have 4 new red spots on my face.

I’m going to keep on with the 80gs because I was at 80gs for 2/3 weeks with great results. I didn’t even write in the diary because there was nothing to report bar some minor white heads (as best as memory serves me, though it could have been laziness on my part).

10th Oct

Sebum seems to have reduced in skin, older spots decreasing.

I feel a new spot coming through on the side of my nose, slightly sore. I also have a new small red spot on the side of my neck.

Edit: It is near midnight and I’ve just washed. It seems the spot on my nose is going to be big. I also have two smaller red spots forming on my neck. The causes of these spots is either

Since I’ve been on 80gs for 12 days I presume I am above my protein limit (this presuming that hormones are not playing a part) because my acne has not been this bad for a while.

Theory: The reason why I did not get bad acne the last time I was on 80gs was probably because I was coming UP from 75gs. This time however I’m coming DOWN from 85gs (which was too much for my skin) So it seems just now that I am still overflowing the barrel whereas before I was filling up the barrel slowly.

The important part is my skin was better on 80gs than 75gs.

11th Oct

Spots seem to be clearly up, 80gs of fish today.

12th Oct

Spot on my nose got red and sore but is not sore anymore, which is a good thing.

I have three new spots coming through, 2 on cheek and one on the side of the neck. The one on the side of my neck is a white head. Two on cheek are unknown; they don’t feel big.

The older spot on my neck is still there: red but not that big or sore.

13th Oct

Woke up this morning and I’ve got a new red spot on my cheek. Feels sore and looks like it’s going to be big.

Took 78gs today. Been 13 days since I changed to 80gs and I got a new sore red spot today.

14th Oct

Tiny red head forming
Couple of new white heads
78gs of fish

15th Oct

78gs

The “tiny red head” is now of medium size and sore, new spot on shoulder and cheek.

16th Oct

No new spots. Still got the red spot though, older spots clearing up.

78gs of fish.

17th Oct

Olds spots clearing up, 78gs fish.

18th Oct

78gs fish

20th Oct

Have a few small white heads, apart from that skin is excellent.

78gs

21st Oct

Skin is great and smooth. No new spots apart from a tiny whitehead.

78gs of fish.

22nd Oct

Skin has been excellent.

23rd October

Skin is good. A few tiny tiny whiteheads and a very small red head that looks that it is turning white.

26th Oct

Skin has been near perfect.

Had 78gs of Tuna today instead of Tiliphia.

28th oct

Skin great

78gs of tuna

Edit: Having my night time wash. Have a small red head forming under my right eye.

7th November

On the 2nd of November I receive some medium red spots on my cheek. Prior to this I hadn’t had any avocado (supplement vitmans) for a about 3-4 days (I usually eat them everyday)

Could the lack of vitamins cause acne? It could maybe a possibility if as I believe Vitamin D (or B) is used to transport protein from the body.

I have few tiny whiteheads at the moment but this is probably from drinking wine at the weekend.

Still on 78gs of fish.

14th Nov.

Last week had some medium sized red spots on cheek, one of them took a while to clear up but everything seems to be going pretty well.

17th Nov.

Skin has been really good over the last couple of days

22nd nov

Skin has been pretty good; smooth. Couple of small spots on face. Got a sore medium spot on back 3 days ago. .

78gs fish

25 Nov. 07

78gs fish

At the moment I’m getting about 2-3 medium whiteheads a week. I have also been getting some red spots on my shoulders.

I need to decide if I’m going to stay the same grams of fish or increase or decrease. Need to look over old notes and see how bad my skin was at 75gs/80gs/85gs. Just now my skin is not greasy and is at its best for a while.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

26 th Nov

New red spot on chin. Its the biggest one i've had for a while. Haven't had a spot on my chin for a long time.

Skin is still smooth though.

causes?:

1. Fish?
2. Been typing on the computer during the 1.5 hour after eating fish?
3. Been adding 50gs on sugar to my daily OJ over the last 3 days.?
4. I'm fucked and my skin will never clear :|

Something has got to change.

Important points:

Skin was better on 80gs than 75gs the first time...
...BUT when i started on 75gs of fish i was coming UP from 50gs (where i creating a defiency and therefore i was filling up the barrel) and when i moved to 80gs my skin could of maybe got better because i was filling up the barrel quicker. Get me?

The second time i was on 80gs my skin was worse than the first time i was on 80gs (probably because i was coming down from 85gs and on 85gs my skin got worse)
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

27th Nov – 0118 AM

I have a red spot on my chin and two new red spots on my shoulder.

There could be a link between sugar and spots for me. It may be possible that I am very sensitive to fluctuating blood sugar levels and therefore when I add more sugar to my juice, like I have done over the last 3 days (60g per day) this may affect my skin. To honest, I never feel right when I have too much sugar in my OJ, I only ever add it for convenience of not making more juice.

I also add alot of sugar to my avocado that I eat every day (no OO). This could be another way in which I spike myself.

Could it be the lemon I add to my fish? lemon cooking the fish?

27th Nov – 2052 PM

I've stopped adding lemon to fish and sugar to OJ.

Skin has been great apart from red spot on chin and two on shoulder. It is nice and smooth.

Still on 78gs.

28th Nov

Skin is still smooth but i feel a new spot coming through on my cheek (due to the soreness)

I started 78gs of fish on 13th Oct and it is now 28th Nov. Thats 46 days on 78gs and it is only now that my skin is getting worse. :?

I was getting whiteheads and some small red heads but not the big sore red heads i've got over the last two days.

I presume i'm over my protein limit but there is no real way to tell at the moment.

I think i'm going to go down to 70gs.
jfk

Post by jfk »

Has the fish been the same type throughout your experiment? If not, out of interest, do you ever find it makes a difference?
jfk

Post by jfk »

dionysus wrote: 26th Oct
Skin has been near perfect.

Had 78gs of Tuna today instead of Tiliphia.
Sorry, I must have missed this bit! :roll:
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

jfk wrote:Has the fish been the same type throughout your experiment? If not, out of interest, do you ever find it makes a difference?
I have thought this. Your mind thinks of every possiblity But with so many other variables i have to keep under control, this is one that is uncontrollable. I usually eat Tiliphia but when they don't have any in then i eat tuna.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

28th Nov - part 2

New red spot on cheek. Seems another is coming through on forehead. Still have one on chin and the ones on the shoulder.

Went down to 70gs of fish today (68gs minus the left over fiber muscle). Lets see what happens

2239pm update: feels like a red spot coming through on left cheek. Note that this was before moving down to 70gs

30th Nov

Skin has been good and smooth. No new spots. On 70g of Tuna at the moment.

Could juicing an hour/hour-and-a-half after eating fish being causing the acne? It is a possibility. Juiced 1h15mins-ish after fish tonight.

Day after 30th Nov

70gs tuna

tiny tiny red head on side of neck. Tiny tiny white head this morning. Old spot clearing up.

1st dec

small red spot on side of neck and forehead. Skin is smooth.

Was itching/moving a lot during fish time.

Only had about 6 hours sleep the last three nights

3rd dec

did a lot of decorating yesterday.

Skin has been smooth. Have had a few tiny whiteheads and redheads. Apart from that everything is good.

4th dec

formation of big red head on forehead and a smaller red head. Small red head formation under right eye and on left cheek.

6th dec

Still got big red spot on forehead, rest of spots are gone. Forehead does seem greasy these days, which is unusual. Rest of skin is smooth.

8th Dec

Two new red spots on right cheek.

It would seem that my skin is not getting better on 70g. I have to say that since there is inconsistence with the data i have gathered at different grams of fish, that it would seem i am candidate for being unable to cure my acne 100%. This is something i will have to come to terms with. If anyone has ANY ideas this would be a good time to tell them to me. I could go down to 65gs. But how i was fine on 80gs for the first two weeks (coming up from 75gs) and then not so good for the second two weeks (coming down from 85gs) has me worried.

My skin is, in the most part, amazingly smooth. I going to stick to 70gs for the next 5 or so days, see how things turn out.....
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Could you write down what your exact diet is at the moment?
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

Daily:

2L OJ with 200ml OO
70gs of fish (no lemon juice)
One large Avacado with sugar (no OO)
Oscar
Administrator

Post by Oscar »

Doesn't seem to be much wrong with that...I'm wondering 2 things though:
- are you sure your olive oil is cold pressed?
- are you getting enough omega3 fatty acids and cholesterol (because you're obviously not eating a lot of fish/egg yolks)? Maybe RRM has a better idea about this, though.

Other than that, I've no idea...well maybe experiment with a different type of fish?
jfk

Post by jfk »

Have you experimented with egg yolks?
Could you add details of rest/sleep to your journal like Biev?

As controversial as this may be - my skin always improves when I have had plenty of sun, especially on my body. I'm not referring to the appearance of a tan but the actual condition.
dionysus

Post by dionysus »

@Oscar - I've already changed my OO once, thinking that this could be a possibility. So i don't think it could be that. Though i guess i could change again just to be doubley sure.

@jfk - the only time i used eggs was when i first tried this diet in 2005/6. I did it for six months but i never actually manage to finish the two-sample diet; bad energy managment. Subsequently i lost alot of weight. As for sleep i always try and get 8 hours, sleep by twelve up by eight. I sometimes only get 7 hours sleep, rarely six.

So the two things i could try are:

1)change OO
2) eggs instead of fish

TBH i detest egg yolks. Do you really think it could make a difference?

PS on a side note. I have also started abstaning from sex. 7 days now. Longest i've been is 2 weeks. I think i could be a candadate for hormones playing a major part in my acne because:

1) I have hair where i shouldn't.
2) I have, and have since i was a younster, a high sex drive.

With regards to number (2). This has only just occured to me, i thought 3 times a day was normal for a male aged 26 (sexual peak) but i overheard otherwise, though this could be incorrect.

TBH honest number (2) is a problem which i have needed to get sort for along time; seeing woman, not purely as but firstly as, sexual beings. I have always know it but it is the hardest (but last!) of my problems to overcome. When you see a beautiful woman walking down the road how do you not want to make love to her? Simply put, because you have choice.
RRM
Administrator

Post by RRM »

dionysus wrote:I think i could be a candadate for hormones playing a major part in my acne because:

1) I have hair where i shouldn't.
2) I have, and have since i was a younster, a high sex drive.
Yes, probably your testosterone levels is relatively high, which has both a water-retaining and sebum production-stimulating effect.
Now i understand why you are even more susceptible to protein intake than me.
I doubt that refraining from sex will help...